Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos (27531 Views)

Kaduna Residents Ignore Governor El-Rufai, Reject Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 Notes (Video / Soludo: I Was Asked To Reject Buhari’s Appointment ‘because There’s No Money’ / It Is Illegal To Transmit Election Results Electronically - Attahiru Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Backlaw406(m): 7:22pm On Feb 15, 2023
SeeItSayIt:
Drug servant, feel free to make old notes your legal tender in Lagos. You better think of reconciling with your rejected son before you get doomed.

Yorubas are also not very lucky like some other tribes in Nigeria to have right people in position of authority.

I sincerely feel for the good Yorubas 'cos their level of education is really not playing out on their people holding political positions.
You would all cry tired. Selfish and tribalist set of people. Just because of punishing Tinubu, poor masses should be suffering. Wicked people.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Saidfx(m): 7:25pm On Feb 15, 2023
All the same. Before noon tomorrow cbn will announce another extension.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Jack500: 7:25pm On Feb 15, 2023
SeeItSayIt:

You see, you've started with insult but if I chose to take you up now, you'll jump to playing victim's card. Obviously some of you have no decorum but quick to claim it.

If you can read & understand, I as well mentioned other tribes but dilution won't allow you to digest properly.

If you guys are as smart as claimed, would you have made a professor vice to one who couldn't defend his secondary school education?

Just shvt up, if you are as intelligent as you claim then you should know politics is different from education
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by yomi007k(m): 7:26pm On Feb 15, 2023
Dsalvo:

God bless you ojare. Is it today Lagos and the SW have been showing 'dem no send Buhari' and that everything is about the "survival" and wellbeing of their people above elections and politics?

What election was upon us when Sanwo Olu joined other SW leaders to demand what is shown below? I.e regional governance, resource control and greater autonomy for non-federal tiers of governance?

Were we in election week when Sanwo Olu dragged the FG to Court over VAT collection?

Crucial to remember also that Sanwo Olu is effectively fighting his own President because Lagos is a part of the FG-led centre courtesy of Party affiliation with the ruling Party. Yet that did not stop Lagos doing what she felt she had to do in the interest of her people.

Someday it will dawn on people that SW political/cultural leaders and intelligentsia class have now ideologically departed from 'one Nigeria' completely thanks to Buhari's rule.

In fact the second term of Buhari has been consumed with his battle against the SW who were always demanding more autonomy and a change of the system through their State houses of Assembly.

They used such to ban open grazing legally. Something that would not have pleased many Fulani irredentists.

In fact this is what the Aso Rock cabal is mainly afraid of. I.e a South west that can change, for the better, the moribund and oppressive structure of Nigeria they wish to keep in place.

I will give the entire forum a clue per the uniformity of Yoruba leadership thinking today which of course mirrors the wider opinion and mood of ordinary Yorubas.

Obi visited OPC leader Gani Adams a few days ago. The Are Ona Kakanfo, who cannot be viewed an ally of Tinubu and is actually a former PDP stalwart of GEJ, simply emphasized to Obi his desire that Nigeria must gain a President who can restructure our nation and ensure everyone develop at their own "tempo".

It is this beautiful synergy and uniformity of thinking from Yoruba leaders, across Party, sectional and religious lines, that shows me whatever forces of backwardness are planning will be defeated in the end to make way for the birth of the new Nigeria Yorubas are now uncompromising demanding. A demand greater than Tinubu or any individual.

People should check out the two stances below to note what the 'war' being fought is really about even as many Nigerians are too ignorant, bigoted and hateful to perceive what is very obvious.

Thank you for the information.

I have long known that many outsiders who migrated to the south west and are doing well here still want to destroy the south west. They are just evil.

These are people that we can't get a job or even own a piece of land in their place.

But God sees our heart. Rather than we being destroyed, they end up burning themselves due to their evil hearts.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Akmoney01: 7:32pm On Feb 15, 2023
BlueRayDick:
The way conductors go beat some people as from tomorrow ehn, una go believe.

Print Gawat screenshot and show conductor say sanwoolu mandates them to collect old notes....If u no visit dentist to help u remove the broken teeth particle by weekend, make I know wetin cause am.
Lol
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by cumoverna: 7:33pm On Feb 15, 2023
Jogs1900:

Chief, try to think outside the box..If you are a family man, I don't think it will be easy not being able to work for 5 full days because of this anti people policy.
Mercci
Ya I am still a bachelor,

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 15, 2023
emmyclassic:
The Cabals played Tinubu. The first plan was to half the vote from Tinubu's own region by tricking him to go for a Muslim Muslim ticket knowing fully well that south West region is 50/50 based on religion. The Cabals know 80% of Christians in the southwest won't vote for a Muslim Muslim ticket. Ask yourself this question, have you ever seen a Northern presidential candidate pick a Muslim VP even when his region is about 85% Muslim? Now they are putting anti-people policies in place to further cause more damage to APC/Tinubu.

My point is whoever the cabals are, have their own candidate. When last did you see the PDP attack Labour Party on anything whereas APC is always on the Labour party's case now and again when it should be the other way round as it seems LP has gained a stronghold of major PDP States. There is going to be a shocking coalition between PDP and LP very soon.

Atiku or Peter Obi is either going to be your next President. Tinubu has been played!!

This your believe will be put to test on 25th
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by thesicilian: 7:37pm On Feb 15, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Print Gawat screenshot and show conductor say sanwoolu mandates them to collect old notes....If u no visit dentist to help u remove the broken teeth particle by weekend, make I know wetin cause am.
Conductors have been collecting the old notes all over Lagos since this brouhaha began. It's only those wey don chop belleful that are selecting. Even the old notes self na to thank God if you can lay your hands on any.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by jafol(m): 7:43pm On Feb 15, 2023
Emefiele thought he can help his Igbo brother to win , he quickly went to Buhari to change notes. I bet labor party has the new notes kept for them. They used the major Igbo banks to suffer the mass. Yorubas watch out for igbos around you they are the enemies that eats and sleep with you to destroy you. They are already entering into marriage with Yorubas to dismantle our oneness. Nnamdi Kanu including Peter obi who is Nnamdi closest friend. Peter obi’s son known as a staunch ipob is funny was not mentioned again. Peter obi wearing black clothing everywhere, if you are a spiritual you know what that represents. Even your big artists today to draw crowds to like them. IGBOS ARE DESPERATE TO TAKE THR SEAT AND THEY HAVE PLANNED THIS A LONG TIME AGO
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 15, 2023
yomi007k:

Thank you for the information.

I have long known that many outsiders who migrated to the south west and are doing well here still want to destroy the south west. They are just evil.

These are people that we can't get a job or even own a piece of land in their place.

But God sees our heart. Rather than we being destroyed, they end up burning themselves due to their evil hearts.

God will bless you abundantly. Yorubas are welcoming, accommodating and, most importantly, enablers of others on their soil.

Go to some Government offices in the SW and you will be pleasantly surprised by the number of non-Yorubas working there when such is a rarity across Nigeria bar Abuja.

Yet despite drawing their sustenance and existence from the SW, they hate and envy Yorubas and their leaders passionately.

They even wake daily wishing malice on us. Over-liberal Yorubas, with their head stuck in the cloud in total ignorance of the reality of Nigeria, are our main problem.

Nigeria is becoming more openly feudal with most folks now disengaged from their Nigerianess and only drawing a sense of purpose from their ethnic and sectional affiliations.

The only thing that gladdens my soul is that more Yorubas are now waking up to understand that the uncompromising demand for a return to regional governance is our only way out of 'one Nigeria' stagnation.

We will get there for sure. This is why I laugh when haters, still a hundred years behind Yorubas, think everything is about stopping Tinubu even if Nigeria is destroyed attempting that.

They do not realize that the idea, now ignited in the minds of many influential and powerful Yorubas, cutting along ethnic/sectional and political lines, is greater than Tinubu or any individual.

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Fidecoo(m): 7:54pm On Feb 15, 2023
Him no see deposit banks to enforce supreme Court law on
Na ordinary civilian and business people him want come dey force law on.

Make this man wey I like well well no just make me begin vex with him ooo
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Goke7: 8:01pm On Feb 15, 2023
eldoradoxx:
The APC Governors can issue any directive as they wish, but it does not change anything, old naira currency has stopped being legal tender in Nigeria. Anybody that receives payment in old currency has thrown away his money.

then print your own currency nah
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by God2man2again(m): 8:03pm On Feb 15, 2023
The CBN Governor is making a mole out of a molehill,(makes too much of a minor issue) there is nothing wrong in allowing both the old notes and the new notes to be spent concurrently, the old notes is still a legal tender according to the supreme court order, I don't know why the CBN Governor is insisting on February 10 or February 17 expiry date. There may be many issues that are not clear to us.
Could it be to stop vote buying?
How will it work? It may stop vote buying to some extent but not totally.
Could it be to stop bandits exigencies?
Yes! It will stop banditry.
What other reasons?
Who knows?

Nigerians are angry and hungry, everyday, from state to state, there has been one issue or the other.

We, Nigerians are appealing to the CBN Governors to sheath his sword and the Supreme court see to it that his order is strictly followed to the letter.

Time is not to be toyed with. People are complaining.

May God help us. Amen

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Geovanni412(m): 8:03pm On Feb 15, 2023
yomi007k:

Mumu man...

You want people to suffer.

If Buhari will not obey Supreme court then Lagos state will not obey the Federal government either. I still spent N3000 old notes today. grin

We shall live independently. So help us God.

In Aba, old notes are still being used

In Umuahia, keke driver no go gree collect am from you

Which way, Nigeria?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Josephmfon: 8:06pm On Feb 15, 2023
Good one Mr Governor...we are with you.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by a4cube: 8:07pm On Feb 15, 2023
Dsalvo:

Are you sane at all? Tinubu is the "desperate" one and not those who want the status quo to remain in place so that simps like you, totally blind to your 'imprisonment' because of ethnic bigotry, can continue in "Monkey dey work Baboon dey chop" slavery?

Do you know the real mission and agenda of those who want to "checkmate" Tinubu?

May God save some of you despicably 'blind' Southerners nullifying your savior and empowering your oppressors.

The man who made the comment below is a former scribe of NUPENG i.e the Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Worker. He has seen things and know things.

Someone like him would know exactly where the bones are buried per those profiting from Nigeria's oil wealth to your detriment and to the bane of our national development. Do you not wonder why his sort are consistently behind Tinubu and never Obi or Atiku?

Keep listening to your uncles and the hate preachers around you instead of to those who have the inside knowledge to understand Nigeria's problem and know precisely those who have solutions.

Note he says only Tinubu below. Educating yourself or you will destroy yourself.
Tinubu that helped in handing Nigeria over to the cabal will break the cabal. Frank Kokori need to cash out, he don't want to be left behind.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by EAKeffective: 8:09pm On Feb 15, 2023
Since federal government has failed to address hiccups ensued implementing this policy, federating units have chosen to go sovereign. Somebody close to anyone who knows PMB's uncle should help me tell him that our patient is running out o
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Tflex01: 8:15pm On Feb 15, 2023
SeeItSayIt:
Drug servant, feel free to make old notes your legal tender in Lagos. You better think of reconciling with your rejected son before you get doomed.

Yorubas are also not very lucky like some other tribes in Nigeria to have right people in position of authority.

I sincerely feel for the good Yorubas 'cos their level of education is really not playing out on their people holding political positions.

Yorubaland is the best governed region in Nigeria. That is why you people will rather die in our land.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 15, 2023
a4cube:
Tinubu that helped in handing Nigeria over to the cabal will break the cabal. Frank Kokori need to cash out, he don't want to be left behind.

Okay. Kokori needs to "cash out". He could not cash out even bigger by selling his service, since you've turned him into a mouth-for-hire, to the ultra-desperate Atiku who has nothing going for him aside shouting "I am a unifier" up and down?

Everyone who praises the leadership of Tinubu as Supreme is "paid" ba? Whatever makes you sleep at night bro.

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Tflex01: 8:21pm On Feb 15, 2023
Wipper7000:
I thought you people said OBi is a messiah, So why are you promoting LP and PDP to merge together. I pity all of you.
OBI is out of the equation. get that one clear. The Election is btw PDP and APC.

You don't understand them. Zombidients don't love Nigeria. They just hate Tinubu.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by ambale(m): 8:22pm On Feb 15, 2023
yomi007k:

grin

Idiot.... you no fit go back your state because dem go burn you alive and you want the anarchy to spread because you and yours have failed

Failure!

First sign of an idiot is that they generalize a lot

Are you even a lagosian to start with?

FYI I'm a full breed Yoruba man, but your empty skull has been programmed to work wrongly always
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Diligence: 8:25pm On Feb 15, 2023
The sincere solution is for LASG to ask citizens to swap old notes with new notes at Alausa, so they (LASG) can deposit them at CBN.

Who no know say una follow they cause unnecessary scarcity after hoarding xamount...

See, Naira should be a medium of exchange for value, but APC, plus Pablo Escobar and Osama bin Laden dey hoard am while creating inciting narratives.

Take Back Your Country
VoteObiDattiforABetterNigeria
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by drdeath: 8:28pm On Feb 15, 2023
SeeItSayIt:

Son of a slave(Osu) is also talking?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by 43Ronin: 8:32pm On Feb 15, 2023
There should be an immediate bankers union to order banks to stay home for now. When the SG & FG sorts themselves out, the bankers can resume work.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by yomi007k(m): 8:34pm On Feb 15, 2023
ambale:

First sign of an idiot is that they generalize a lot

Are you even a lagosian to start with?

FYI I'm a full breed Yoruba man, but your empty skull has been programmed to work wrongly always

Pele o. Smart idiot.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by dbestuncle: 8:56pm On Feb 15, 2023
What of the CBN Governor?

StrongAlphMale:
In a saner climes, the CJN would have since been fired for Gross misconduct and unprofessionalism of handling the Naira policy
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by caye(m): 9:02pm On Feb 15, 2023
cumoverna:
There has to be another way to stop vote buying, this redesign is killing this country, I haven't worked for 5 days now.
It was never about vote buying.

This is a social experiment conducted on behalf of the World Economic Forum.

It's a one world government agenda.

The cashless economy is a necessity if you need to run a fascist world rule.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 15, 2023
F117nighthawk:
As usual, we are used to such speech, we will see if people will obey you or not,

What is the difference between what Sanwoolu just said and what El - Rufai and Ganduje said over a week ago?

Few days ago, Kano sealed a Supermarket because of the rejection of old Naira notes. Kano is a big centre of commerce with large scale commercial activities . Ganduje has spoken, the IBOs in Kano have no contrary opinion. El - Rufai has spoken in Kaduna, the IBOs in Kaduna have no contrary opinion. When the same order is repeated in Lagos why is it now a news?

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by F117nighthawk: 9:23pm On Feb 15, 2023
They all just trying to act to see they are not weak , even the courts which is Supreme when it comes to interpreting laws are rejecting the old currency, banks are doing same, yes they can seal one or two poor man businesses here and there, they can never over rule buhari or CBN on this matter, they are just mere state governors,

What is the difference between what Sanwoolu just said and what El - Rufai and Ganduje said over a week ago?

Few days ago, Kano sealed a Supermarket because of the rejection of old Naira notes. Kano is a big centre of commerce with large scale commercial activities . Ganduje has spoken, the IBOs in Kano have no contrary opinion. El - Rufai has spoken in Kaduna, the IBOs in Kaduna have no contrary opinion. When the same order is repeated in Lagos why is it now a news?[/quote]
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Illegal1(m): 9:25pm On Feb 15, 2023
BlueRayDick:

bros i swear u dn finish me with laff...
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by ruffbam(m): 9:25pm On Feb 15, 2023
BlueRayDick:

If you give a conductor #1000 new note, where will he see new naira notes to give you as change?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: It Is Illegal To Reject Old Naira Notes In Lagos by Massiveglory: 9:45pm On Feb 15, 2023
BlueRayDick:

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kaduna Get New Deputy Governor / Excited Kaduna Youths Patrolling The Streets Waiting For The Arrival Of Buhari / Ganduje Visits Bola Tinubu In Bourdillon, Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.