Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,925 members, 7,814,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Is It Good To Share Equal Amount Of Money For NEPA With Your Landlord? - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is It Good To Share Equal Amount Of Money For NEPA With Your Landlord? (13684 Views)

Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? / Hotel For Sale, The Hotel In On 33kva Of Nepa With 300kva Transformer, 250kva/1 / Hotpromo: Sack Your Landlord With Just 700k, (limited Plots), Ibeju Lekki Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Good To Share Equal Amount Of Money For NEPA With Your Landlord? by Jerewise332(m): 6:17am On Feb 22, 2023
clockwisereport:

You dey complain on top 1k electricity bill for one month. How much you want pay wey go make you happy?
Why won't i complain when i am not the only person living in the compound?
why won't i complain when landlord is using tenants to setle for nepa that his household consume more?
I thought they should charge base on how you consume it...

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Share Equal Amount Of Money For NEPA With Your Landlord? by clockwisereport: 6:23am On Feb 22, 2023
Jerewise332:

Why won't i complain when i am not the only person living in the compound?
why won't i complain when landlord is using tenants to setle for nepa that his household consume more?
I thought they should charge base on how you consume it...

How much do you want to pay every month?
Re: Is It Good To Share Equal Amount Of Money For NEPA With Your Landlord? by sharone21(f): 7:05am On Feb 22, 2023
afbstrategies:

It’s absolutely not right. I see no fairness there. This is why I need to have separate meters for my tenants before I start renting. I hope I can get help for 9 meters in Benin City here. There are 8 flats but I want to connect the borehole, security post, rental office and fence wall lights to my own apartment so the tenants will have less worries with electric bills.
The questions I have for you are:
Have you discussed this with your landlord?
Have you tried to ask for a separate meter?
Do you have a lease or signed one?

This is the problem in Nigeria... In countries like Cotonou and Cameroon, u can buy your own meter which can be fixed within one hour by any electrician and one can carry it away when leaving the house. Reason why it should be cheap..
Cameroon Single phase meter(4000-8000 FRS).
Re: Is It Good To Share Equal Amount Of Money For NEPA With Your Landlord? by nattyGENT: 7:10am On Feb 22, 2023
Dah owo leave somebody's house for a tenant that has electronics and can comfortably pay bills without complaining on Nairaland. No be by force to stay self-contained.
Re: Is It Good To Share Equal Amount Of Money For NEPA With Your Landlord? by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 1:09pm On Feb 22, 2023
Stanislause94:
That’s how Yoruba landlords behave. Behaving like their paymaster tongue
U never come calabar na why.. Come and see how they behave, especially their land ladies
Re: Is It Good To Share Equal Amount Of Money For NEPA With Your Landlord? by Charlie2020(f): 8:22am On Feb 23, 2023
clockwisereport:

Meters are scarce in Nigeria
see excuse cheesy
Re: Is It Good To Share Equal Amount Of Money For NEPA With Your Landlord? by okine4real: 3:26pm On Feb 23, 2023
FireUpNow:
You and your Landlord should count all the points in the whole building then divide by the total amount of bill. So the number of pints you have is what you have to pay for Nor fall your hand oo OP. Landlords have a way of cheating tenents

Wrong sir, you cant use points when it involves just two families or even more, most importantly, you cant use points when nepa themself is not using points to bill the house. for example a house is billed 18k monthly, the said house has 1unit of room and parlor self contain and 1unit of two bed room flat. For me, the 18k should be shared equally because even if the two bed room decides to discard all the appliance in his house, nepa would still bring the 18k monthly. Most time, as a tenant or landlord, you have to reason the logical way out. As for me, my logical way is, each apartment has its own prepaid meter, but i go bill you correct rent.
Re: Is It Good To Share Equal Amount Of Money For NEPA With Your Landlord? by okine4real: 3:36pm On Feb 23, 2023
afbstrategies:

It’s absolutely not right. I see no fairness there. This is why I need to have separate meters for my tenants before I start renting. I hope I can get help for 9 meters in Benin City here. There are 8 flats but I want to connect the borehole, security post, rental office and fence wall lights to my own apartment so the tenants will have less worries with electric bills.
The questions I have for you are:
Have you discussed this with your landlord?
Have you tried to ask for a separate meter?
Do you have a lease or signed one?

let me teach you something. you have 8 tenants, give each of your tenants individual prepaid meters, now for your security post, compound security light and borehole, put all this on the 9th prepaid meter, then charge your tenants service charge, the service charge should cover prepaid unit for powering the 9th prepaid meter for a year, the service charge should also cover cost of sweeping the compound for the year, also cost of evacuating dustbin etc Dont power borehole, security light for your tenant, know be philanthropist you be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Terrazzo Flooring / ELECTRICAL, INTERCOM, SATELLITE TV, & BURGLAR ALARM, CCTV Installation CALL US / For Your Longspan,steptiles,metcoppo,stonecoated Roofing Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.