Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy (17683 Views)

Ortom To Yahaya Bello: Go There And Respond, Don’t Disgrace Former Governors / David Mark, Suswam, Ortom To Be PDP Agents At Polling Units In Benue Rerun / Ortom To EFCC: Begin Security Vote Probe From Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by AtorKelly(m): 4:59am On Feb 16, 2023
Governor Samuel Ortom has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to quickly review the Naira swamp and cashless policy warning that the country is facing looming anarchy.

The Governor who make the call in Makurdi said the policy was anti-people and should not come from a government that is eager to impact the people positively.

According to the Governor, “it has now gotten to a level where you will struggle and earn money and you cannot spend it. It is very painful.

“What kind of policy is that; are they making these policies for us or for something else?
“It is only in Nigeria that a Supreme Court will issue a ruling and an individual will choose not to obey it.

“Here in Benue state, we respect the rule of law. If an Area Court, Magistrate Court or State and Federal High Courts give an order we respect it. But if we are not satisfied we appeal it. That is what happens when you respect the laws of the land.

“Disobeying the ruling of the Supreme Court is not right. Today we are gradually moving to anarchy. As I speak I don’t understand why the Supreme Court will issue an order it is not respected.

“But we cannot all fold our hands and watch our country drift into anarchy. Democracy is anchored on the rule of law. And when you don’t respect the laws of the land, the land becomes lawless. And when there is lawlessness you are asking for anarchy. And when we have anarchy in our country nobody will be safe.

“Even security men with all their guns and tanks will be helpless because if you move on the streets how many people will you kill.

“Well-meaning Nigerians must rise up. The Nigerian Bar Association, NBA, must speak up because gradually we are being led like a country that does not respect laws.

“Anarchy is looming in this country, a time will come when nobody will respect the Government. Nobody will respect the police or soldiers everybody will be on his own and that will be too dangerous and it will be late and there will be monumental losses that will come. This is not correct.

“This Naira redesign policy what is it all about? America some years ago changed their currency but there was transition that went on for years. Britain also did and you are allowed enough time to exchange the money in the bank and nobody will feel any pains doing it.

“So what kind of a thing is this? Where is the National Assembly of this country? Don’t we have them anymore? Look at how people are suffering in Nigeria, this is not right and it must be corrected.

“President Buhari must be told that this is the worst policy that he has brought at a time that he is about to leave.

“Those people advising him do not mean well for him. He will remain a pain in the neck of Nigerians if he does not reverse this policy before the leaves office.

“He should find out what happened in America, Europe and other countries where currencies are changed seamlessly.

“Nigerian people are suffering presently. You have money in the back and you cannot spend it. Go to the banks and see the queues that are mounted there.

“I always say it as it is because I believe in equity, fairness and justice. Those who have access to the President should please tell him that this policy will eliminate his name from being an honourable man of integrity. This policy will ruin him, because the man out there that I represent, the woman, the children are crying, they are feeling the pains.”

“If it is for the purpose of elections, allow the people, they will vote who they want. Whoever wins so be it because it is God that crowns.

“So I appeal to Mr President to review this action. There are too many cries in the land.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/02/anarchy-looms-in-nigeria-reverse-cash-policy-ortom-tells-buhari/

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by bewla(m): 5:03am On Feb 16, 2023
Yes ooo

Am I the first to comment on this

Obi una no go like this as my paid master is about to be advertise

Tinubu is coming
Is here
Jagaban for president

All my fellow Tinubu warrior on Nairaland

Make noise to kill them hope

BECAUSE RENEW HOPE IS NEAR

75 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by SmartPolician: 5:10am On Feb 16, 2023
I think that #200 suggestion is a good idea. Allow the old #200 to continuously circulate with the new ones (200, 500 and 1k).

When the CBN has printed enough #500 and #1000 notes, they can recall the old #200 notes. Alternatively, they can discontinue the printing of those higher denominations completely.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by muykem: 5:20am On Feb 16, 2023
Buhari needs to act fast before the situation degenerates.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by hisgrace090: 5:21am On Feb 16, 2023
Mr Otom pls talk about the governors as for me l do many transactions with debit card today and I'm getting used to it.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by bigdammyj: 5:29am On Feb 16, 2023
He can't hear you.

1 Like

Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by Dialpad: 5:30am On Feb 16, 2023
Obi and his crew think that the policy will only affect vote buying.... no.... it will affect Nigerians in no small way.

59 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by seunlayi(m): 5:30am On Feb 16, 2023
Their was actually nothing wrong with the old ₦200, this was a great blunder, CBN should have continued with it, its availability would have ease a lot of issues caused. ₦200 in buddies won't be easy for vote buyers to carry about on election days and won't be easy for vote sellers to hide

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by McOluOmo: 5:30am On Feb 16, 2023
Buhari is a disgrace

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by gasparpisciotta: 5:30am On Feb 16, 2023
Ortom is not backing Obi the trader on this one

Obi assumes that the policy will favor him, but he is on a long thing, Nigeria has moved past having Obi as president

55 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by kingsways: 5:30am On Feb 16, 2023
All corrupt Governors are united in opposition to this laudable policy.

I heard (I do not know for sure cause I have not been to Benue for over ten years) that Ortom is one of the most useless Governors ever in terms of any real achievement

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by Nobody: 5:31am On Feb 16, 2023
pansophist:
Of course, I know. I have always said earlier that what Africans considered independence was a transition of the old method of exploitation (colonialism), to a new, self-sustaining, sophisticated method of permanent subjugation (imperialism). They replace the white colonial faces with black faces, whom they promise all the support and will ignore all their crimes if they continue sustaining all their exploitative structures that were built in the colonial era. So as countries were getting their so-called independence, they were ushered into western imperialistic ecosystems. So they became a member of the UN, and ICC, must use the dollar, imposed educational systems, their corporations coming in to control their resources, (eg Shell and Nigeria oil), and so on. In simple terms, think of how a butcher moves the cows from the farm to the slaughterhouse. In the cow's mind, he is free from the enclosed farm, but the slaughterhouse though modern and shiny with machines is worse than where they were coming from. You see the way the US froze billions of dollars of Afghanistan's foreign reserves, and as they did with Russia as well, that's exactly the fate that awaits any country that tries to pull off their imperialistic eco-system. While we are busy fighting each other like idiots, they are up there designing sophisticated systems to keep others down, and themselves on top. And this world order must go, or else, the global south will never develop. China refused to be part of that system, now look at them. Iran refused and was sanctioned to death, but they still thrive and built their own planes and so forth. Until we leave western dependence and walk our own part, no magic Peter Obi will perform. It's like putting a pilot in a ship, it can't do anything with it. How can the world be democratic when less than 15% of the world population (the west) controls everything? if this is not authoritarianism, then what is authoritarianism? But I always take responsibility, so I won't blame them much, I blame our ancestors for letting this degrade this badly, and makes it harder for current and future generation to solve. The rot is too much.

pansophist:
Josep Borell is a racist piece of shit. Sadly, this scum is a top EU politician, and calling the non-western countries jungle is a reincarnation of the mindset that led to colonialism and slavery pro-max. He still sees the world from a colonial lens, but his arrogance is needed since that's how he can cope in a changing world that is increasingly becoming multi-polar and catching up. From 1991 to 2022, something that has never happened before in the history of the world happened, that thing is called unipolarism. After the collapse of the soviet union in 1991, China was dirt poor, imperial Japan has been defeated and occupied, the same with nazi Germany, India still recovering from British colonialism, Iran was in deep soup, and Africa was too backward to even be noticed. The west, especially the US was the largest economy, and the strongest military power holds the world's reserved currency and enjoys an unparalleled political, economical, military, and soft power globally. The US was so strong that when it coughs, the world shivered. And then they showed themselves. Then the global bombing tour started, from Iraq to Syria, Venezuela to Yugoslavia, and Libya to Iran, to name a few. Meanwhile, the Chinese who have suffered what they called a ''century of humiliation'' was in the background bidding their time, getting stronger, and building themselves up. The Chinese who lost territories the size of Nigeria x4, an empire nation that was torn apart by foreign powers, and saw what awaits you when you are weak, said to themselves, NEVER AGAIN. Putin was then a KGB agent in Germany, young and smart, but silent and working his way up into the Kremlin. He witnessed how countries that used to be part of Russia have now become sworn enemies of Russia, and he dreamt of a stronger, independent, and sovereign Russia that occupies its rightful place on the international stage. And February, 24th of 2022 will be remembered as the date when the world becomes clearly multipolar, after thirty years of failed unipolarism. The world has clearly understood the kind of monster the west is, and how they dream of a world where everyone is down, and only them up. Now, the way the international stage is set up, other stronger countries are now a deterrent, and they will never allow themselves to be weak again. NEVER. It will not happen very fast, but the complete breakdown of western hegemony will happen faster than the time it took to build it. Destruction is faster than building, and destroying evil is even faster, especially when the destroyers are the victims of the very evil. I know the Russia-China alliances are cooking something, I suspect that they have set traps that will render all western imperialistic ecosystems useless. From my calculations, the more the west throws out a country from its imperialistic systems, an alternative will be invented that will make that system useless. So for example, they threw Russia out of swift, but Russia created SPFS which they used to carry financial transactions between themselves and other countries. If they threw China out of the UN for example, then a new UN that is fair will be invented, rendering the western controlled system useless. If you refuse to sell your tech, buy our oil, or ban us from visiting your countries (as they did with Russians), you will kill your industry and other regions will benefit financially from your market loss. One thing that kills a monopoly is competition, especially competent competition. We live in very interesting times. Brace up, shit might get really bad before it gets better. Sha have proper wealth, not fiat money only, which can collapse. Have farmland, a water well, and livestock/poultry, these will keep you alive, not chains, iPhones, and paper money. Your survival is in your hands, not the government. Be vigilant, and use the internet to learn real stuff and how the world works, not just for social media and entertainment.

3 Likes

Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by jared007: 5:31am On Feb 16, 2023
Obasanjo once said in his book 'My Watch' that El Rufai is loyal to no one but himself. El Rufai would fight dirty and he would win.

6 Likes

Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by nautybride: 5:31am On Feb 16, 2023
Clueless is the name!

1 Like

Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by moscow007: 5:31am On Feb 16, 2023
grin
Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by adecz: 5:31am On Feb 16, 2023
Says the worst performing governor
in Nigeria.

But surprisingly, he has spoken everyone's
mind.😐😐😐

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by AntiChristian: 5:32am On Feb 16, 2023
Policy good but timing and preparation bad/inadequate!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by 4tomandchi: 5:33am On Feb 16, 2023
Abeg how many average Nigerians never return the old notes to bank.

This thieves should allow us rest...

5 Likes

Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by Dmama1991: 5:33am On Feb 16, 2023
Dialpad:
Obi and his crew think that the policy will only affect vote buying.... no.... it will affect Nigerians in no small way.

is like obi is leaving free rent in tour head

9 Likes

Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by samwillyco1(m): 5:33am On Feb 16, 2023
I said it before, that this APC Government is the most confused government in the history of Nigeria.

PMB no dey obey court order that is against him/any of his policy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by Wahala90: 5:33am On Feb 16, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by Dialpad: 5:34am On Feb 16, 2023
No it is in the puss-y of your miserable mother ... foolish kid

Dmama1991:
is like obi is leaving free rent in tour head

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by SoftP(m): 5:34am On Feb 16, 2023
W
Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by owiko(m): 5:35am On Feb 16, 2023
D
Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by PNomsule: 5:36am On Feb 16, 2023
Fiat currency came in to replace trade by barter for obvious reasons, but this policy makes tbb appears better by far.
Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by mrmicki80: 5:36am On Feb 16, 2023
What is the probability that OBI will win
Theyveedo43: Obidient built a forum of their own...woww!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by inoki247: 5:36am On Feb 16, 2023
Lol some fools are still telling us Protest is been sponsored mak dem continue dey play....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by Spray(m): 5:36am On Feb 16, 2023
hisgrace090:
Mr Otom pls talk about the governors as for me l do many transactions with debit card today and I'm getting used to it.

Let's hear word please.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by Brushstrokes20: 5:37am On Feb 16, 2023
It's Needless to advise that stubborn goat undecided..
Let him and emeFAILURE continue toeing the path of destruction... Their Waterloo is imminent undecided

# satanic, sadistic, good for nothing govt of self serving THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS!

Buhari is Nigeria's WORST BLUNDER undecided

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by Royalty83(m): 5:38am On Feb 16, 2023
AtorKelly:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/02/anarchy-looms-in-nigeria-reverse-cash-policy-ortom-tells-buhari/

Today my igbo friend that sells at Alaba said the treked home. From Alaba International to Volks Barracks. Yet their mentor Obi thought TINUBU is suffering from the cash crunch. I laff

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by Laple0541(m): 5:38am On Feb 16, 2023
Emefele is an unfortunate person, the worst CBN governor the country ever had. The pig must rot in jail.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom To Buhari: Anarchy Looms In Nigeria, Reverse Cash Policy by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:41am On Feb 16, 2023
Under Buhari, Attempted Revolution now Protest, End SARS protest, Cash crunch protest.
If APC enter the third time we are done for.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Lied : Al Sisi Of Egypt And Not Buhari Was First To Meet Trump - Reno Omokri / Obaseki Re-Appoints Osarodion Ogie SSG. Other Appointments Deferred To Next Year / Gunmen Hijack Election Results From Sadauna LG in Taraba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.