Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,107 members, 7,825,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 (60368 Views)

CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender / Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court / Buhari To Extend Validity Of Old Naira Notes Till April 10 - TheCable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by obyrich(m): 5:20pm On Feb 16, 2023
baralatie:

What if the cbn tells the toal notes of #200 is just #50 billion and it is exhausted.
What happens
Bros don't you think the President had briefing from Emefiele before making the announcement?
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by baralatie(m): 5:43pm On Feb 16, 2023
obyrich:
Bros don't you think the President had briefing from Emefiele before making the announcement?
The same Emefiele convinced the president and gave assurances that the cbn had capacity to print the required new notes for the cash swap
Now emefiele said banks are hoarding the money supplied,there is no paper and the the print lacks capacity
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by Babysuccess02(f): 5:47pm On Feb 16, 2023
People are happy that Buhari has sabotaged the plan of vote buying in this election.....
In my own opinion I feel the reason why this new money is not in circulation is because our corrupt politicians have swapped their old notes to the new one that they will use for vote buying.
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by itsRhamzy: 6:23pm On Feb 16, 2023
LordAdam16:

I'm just pointing out the nuance. We both agree that the govs can't attack Buhari. You think it is borne out of fear. I think it is because of prudence. Buhari is the fly on a nutsack.

-Lord
. @bolded grin grin if e sure for any suicidal northern governor make Dem publicly criticize am. Especially that louthmouthed parrot in Kaduna grin
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by GreyLaw(m): 6:45pm On Feb 16, 2023
Kingzeez10:

He's not fighting for the masses. You must be stupid than i thought if you believe this policy is going to curb vote buying or it's going to hurt Tinubu in any way. I don't think you know how powerful these politicians are. They already have the new notes stashed somewhere in their various houses.

You are not smart at all. The VBN mopped up about 2.6tn cash and only put 300bn in circulation. The politicians may have hoarded cash but they don't have enough. Only 300bn was released by CBN which some are with politicians and some with the masses. Stop spouting rubbish.

You are a Tinubu voter and no matter how much you hide it, it is evident for us all to see. Buhari is not as stupid as you think he is. He has all the intelligence at his disposal. He has smashed Tinubu. Tinubu insulted him publicly 3 times now and will never go scot free. Buhari will settle this once and for all and in the end Tinubu's life may go for it. I speak in parables.
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by iInjureHerYansh: 7:34pm On Feb 16, 2023
vowiski:

Stop deceiving yourself

Only a few new notes were printed .. The problem is we don’t read ..

The CBN said it’s going cashless … and reducing the cash in circulation ..

You can’t go cashless and still print the same amount of money that left circulation ..

It’s a communication problem that corrupt politicians capitalized on.

According to the president , over 2.7 trillion old notes were retrieved .. I dare you, not up to 500 billion of the new notes have been printed.
Made a point
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by FireUpNow(m): 7:39pm On Feb 16, 2023
9jaskull:

I wrote physical transaction dey allow
ok
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by XAUBulls: 7:51pm On Feb 16, 2023
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by Kingzeez10: 9:06pm On Feb 16, 2023
GreyLaw:

You are not smart at all. The VBN mopped up about 2.6tn cash and only put 300bn in circulation. The politicians may have hoarded cash but they don't have enough. Only 300bn was released by CBN which some are with politicians and some with the masses. Stop spouting rubbish.

You are a Tinubu voter and no matter how much you hide it, it is evident for us all to see. Buhari is not as stupid as you think he is. He has all the intelligence at his disposal. He has smashed Tinubu. Tinubu insulted him publicly 3 times now and will never go scot free. Buhari will settle this once and for all and in the end Tinubu's life may go for it. I speak in parables.

Dey play. See as you dey sweat ontop Tinubu matter. You will deactivate your account in 2 weeks time.
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by Selfmotivated: 9:24pm On Feb 16, 2023
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by dalass(f): 9:49pm On Feb 16, 2023
MadarasBlade:

My friend go and sit down. I thought the last two elections were free and fair?

And how will emefiele start dying money? All the new money were printed from late last year.

Cry more, tinubu's urchin.

Yen yen yen. The last 2 elections were free and fair

Dementia dey worry you. How old are you? grin
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by Bfly: 11:11pm On Feb 16, 2023
Those statements are Rational.

And CBN Governor should be responsible for maintaining the naira and making it easy for the people to use. Not turning a weapon against any political vice; vote buying pricisely.

What we lack in Nigeria is Education in the large-scale; Our level of our education cannot sustain this model of governance.

We need to educate oursleves rapidly.
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by lexy2014: 2:47am On Feb 17, 2023
itsRhamzy:
Oga stop crying wolf. I've been to 3 towns in the last 2 weeks in my state and I don't see anyone suffering. I traveled 2 days ago on a 4 hrs journey without any cash in my pocket yet I did bank transfer to the drivers and got to my destination.

This little unease we're currently going through is only for a short period and it's for the greater good. It is people that have very little to nothing in their accounts that are crying wolf. Sensible Nigerians welcome this policy to checkmate those trying to buy their way to lead us. Everyone should have a level playing field to test their popularity and acceptance through the ballot. 🗳️. No to vote buying.

How are governors and judiciary the problem we have in this country?

Are they the ones that started this disastrous policy? Are they the ones that are making nigerians suffer for cash?
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by lexy2014: 2:58am On Feb 17, 2023
BeauBragnar11:

None bro...None grin grin grin

We don't give alternatives to the weak cheesy cheesy

We brutal like that grin

If what you say above is true, then why were you ranting and throwing tantrums?

BeauBragnar11:
Where all those bastards wey dey always shout... 'Here in my area, we are spending the old notes and nothing will happen '... We warn una but you fail to listen..

Go and deposit your old notes with El-Rufai, or Ganduje, or Supreme court..

Una Neva see anything.
Las las, your useless money don turn tissue paper like we've always warned y'all grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by BeauBragnar11: 8:20am On Feb 17, 2023
lexy2014:

We still wouldn't extend the deadline bro.

Your old notes are tissue papers.!!

Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by lexy2014: 2:45am On Feb 18, 2023
BeauBragnar11:

We still wouldn't extend the deadline bro.

Your old notes are tissue papers.!!

BeauBragnar11:
Where all those bastards wey dey always shout... 'Here in my area, we are spending the old notes and nothing will happen '... We warn una but you fail to listen..

Una Neva see anything.
Las las, your useless money don turn tissue paper like we've always warned y'all grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by BeauBragnar11: 8:45am On Feb 18, 2023
lexy2014:

Get off my dick bro.!!!

Your old notes are gone.!!
Get over it!!
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by lexy2014: 12:41pm On Feb 18, 2023
BeauBragnar11:

Get off my dick bro.!!!

Your old notes are gone.!!
Get over it!!

BeauBragnar11:

Una Neva see anything.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Declare Atiku Winner Now - PDP Tells INEC / Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers / Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.