Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity (3702 Views)

President Tinubu Gives Macron's Wife A Peck (Video) / Bola Tinubu Gives Wads Of New Naira Note To Man Living With Disability / Inconclusive Election: Kano Women Protest Against INEC (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by ijustdey: 4:10pm On Feb 16, 2023
The Investigative Clinic
The Public Servant
Our Impact
About
Donate Now
Search
Contact Us
Investigations
News
‘#EndSARSWatch
Got a Story?
CoronaPolice
Report an Injustice
Contact Us
Feedback?
info@fij.ng

By Joseph Adeiye

Remi Tinubu, the wife of Bola Tinubu, the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, offered women in Kano N2 million as “transport fare” after a campaign programme on Wednesday.

Tinubu had convened a town hall meeting with women in the APC for the party’s presidential candidate.

At the end of the televised programme, Tinubu told the attendees that she would give them N2 million fare because of the unavailability of naira notes.

“Thank you very much. I forgot to tell you that we know some people came in, they don’t have transport fare, and we know how the cash crunch has bothered us a lot. So we have a token, between me and Mrs Shettima, of N2 million,” she said.

“We’ve given our first lady here wrappers and we will be planning to send rice to her for the door-to-door campaign as well. So, we thank you so much. I’ll see you around, I will be back.”

In a brief to the diplomatic community on the recent monetary policy decisions of the Central Bank of Nigeria at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Godwin Emefiele, the CBN governor, claimed that politicians were illegally buying the new naira notes. Emefiele failed to mention the politicians that might be guilty of such purchase of banknotes.

“The CBN has also noticed that some politicians are buying the new notes and storing them for political purposes,” Emefiele said at the brief on Tuesday.

The CBN says that cash withdrawals by individuals and corporate entities should not exceed N100,000 and N500,000, respectively per week.

https://fij.ng/article/remi-tinubu-gives-kano-women-n2m-fare-in-cash-amid-naira-scarcity/

Nlfpmod

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by Malory: 4:10pm On Feb 16, 2023
Nigerians can now see who is sabotaging the CBN. I can bet that she and her husband are the ones mopping up and hoarding the new currency for their selfish reasons.

24 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by Ireportlive: 4:11pm On Feb 16, 2023
cool

Ahmed Halilu Head of Nigerian Minting company is Aisha Buhari's Brother (same father and mother)

Each and every new Note was printed by Aisha's brother

5 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by Urheadmaster(m): 4:12pm On Feb 16, 2023
Audio donation
Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by seborrhic: 4:14pm On Feb 16, 2023
She should show us the cash.
It's easy to make a pledge.Fulfilling that pledge in the face of scarcity is another thing.
I am not saying she may not have the cash,but till these women verify that they received it,I remain sceptical
Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by fortunateme: 4:14pm On Feb 16, 2023
Now we know Buhari isn't the enemy as far as this naira saga is concerned.
Thiefnubù and his agberos must not be allowed near Asorock. Obidients come out en masse and vote LP

11 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 16, 2023
Lol, APC wasting funds

Atiku is coming

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by XerXers: 4:19pm On Feb 16, 2023
Old notes. After today broadcast by Buhari nobody will accept it again

2 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by PrinceOfLagos: 4:22pm On Feb 16, 2023
Money that won't be useful to the women after the president's declaration of 1000 and 500 notes today grin
Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 16, 2023
Ireportlive:
cool

Ahmed Halilu Head of Nigerian Minting company is Aisha Buhari's Brother (same father and mother)

This one will be openly celebrating criminality and feeling cool. We need a serious mentality reset in this country. Chai! I wan vomit.

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by Ireportlive: 4:24pm On Feb 16, 2023
Reinaldo:

This one will be openly celebrating criminality and feeling cool. We need a serious mentality reset in this country. Chai! I wan vomit.

What criminality are you talking about is Halilu not qualified to hold such position as a Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by BeardedmeatR(m): 4:26pm On Feb 16, 2023
If not for the policy, she would have given 20m.

I hope she gave it in lower denomination
Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by BeardedmeatR(m): 4:28pm On Feb 16, 2023
Ireportlive:
cool

You are a real clown! grin

One grasping at straws.

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by Naijanascam: 4:28pm On Feb 16, 2023
And the governors are behaving as if they really like the ordinary citizens..........
Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by Ireportlive: 4:30pm On Feb 16, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
You are a real clown! grin

One grasping at straws.

Ok

Soon you go know

Actually the policy would make vote buying cheaper for APC and impossible for PDP/LP but you guys are rejoicing your own coup d'etat

Only Rinu out of you lots saw the game

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by Siwisheswereesh: 4:32pm On Feb 16, 2023
Haven't I been telling piggiiddiioootts that this stupid naira policy has failed in stopping cash hoarding for elections by politicans

Piiggiiddiootts amaka cheesy
Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by BeardedmeatR(m): 4:32pm On Feb 16, 2023
Ireportlive:

Ok

Soon you go know

Actually the policy would make vote buying cheaper for APC and impossible for PDP/LP but you guys are rejoicing your own coup d'etat

Only Rinu out of you lots saw the game
Why is Tinubu and his cronies wailing?

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by Ireportlive: 4:34pm On Feb 16, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
Why is Tinubu and his cronies wailing?

Part of the game Son
Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by Praxis758: 4:35pm On Feb 16, 2023
Giving them money to appreciate their coming to a women’s townhall different from balablu, blublu bulaba
Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by Malory: 4:35pm On Feb 16, 2023
Reinaldo:

Just go through that guy's post and see he hasn't made any sense since he joined nairaland. I weep for his parents.

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by BloomingDale(f): 4:36pm On Feb 16, 2023
Criminals in action.
Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by BeardedmeatR(m): 4:36pm On Feb 16, 2023
Ireportlive:

Part of the game Son
You must think you are talking to your fellow urchins?

After denying an obvious frosty relationship between the duo for eight years, you still think you should continue. We'll be my guest.
Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by Ireportlive: 4:42pm On Feb 16, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
You must think you are talking to your fellow urchins?

After denying an obvious frosty relationship between the duo for eight years, you still think you should continue. We'll be my guest.

I know I am talking to a Zombidiot who wouldn't think but allow influencers think for him

The data required to form your information is available for you...

If you honestly think shortage of cash would by anyway affect Tinubu, or APC then you are mistaken

Even at Ibadan with Tinubu's visit New note were available at the venue

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by lazynairalander1: 4:53pm On Feb 16, 2023
When is tinubu wedding date again? Feb 25 I guess, he will be getting married to retirement.
Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by BeardedmeatR(m): 4:54pm On Feb 16, 2023
Ireportlive:

I know I am talking to a Zombidiot who wouldn't think but allow influencers think for him

The data required to form your information is available for you...

If you honestly think shortage of cash would by anyway affect Tinubu, or APC then you are mistaken

Even at Ibadan with Tinubu's visit New note were available at the venue
The 22bn loot stashed in several safe house are going to rot away. That's why they are wailing.
Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by yarimo(m): 4:55pm On Feb 16, 2023
But I thought it affects TINUBU only the lack of availability of new Naira notes. E go soon clear for una eyes
ijustdey:

The Investigative Clinic
The Public Servant
Our Impact
About
Donate Now
Search
Contact Us
Investigations
News
‘#EndSARSWatch
Got a Story?
CoronaPolice
Report an Injustice
Contact Us
Feedback?
info@fij.ng

https://fij.ng/article/remi-tinubu-gives-kano-women-n2m-fare-in-cash-amid-naira-scarcity/

Nlfpmod
Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by Ireportlive: 4:56pm On Feb 16, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
The 22bn loot stashed in several safe house are going to rot away. That's why they are wailing.

Buba Galadima who was kicked out of his house over debt with AMCON is telling you about 22 billion in someone's house

Lol

Zombidiots

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by BeardedmeatR(m): 4:57pm On Feb 16, 2023
Ireportlive:

Buba Galadima who was kicked out of his house over debt with AMCON is telling you about 22 billion in someone's house

Lol

Zombidiots
Ode, which house? Your house?
Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by BeardedmeatR(m): 4:58pm On Feb 16, 2023
yarimo:
But I thought it affects TINUBU only the lack of availability of new Naira notes. E go soon clear for una eyes
Vote buying will only have effect on you and your fellow urchins.
Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by Ireportlive: 4:59pm On Feb 16, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
Ode, which house? Your house?

Only a Fool would even qoute Buba Galadima's imaginary 22 billion in a Governors house.. same Galadima that is as irrelevant as trash after his AMCON ordeal

Too many kids on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu Gives Kano Women N2m Fare In Cash Amid Naira Scarcity by famology(m): 5:00pm On Feb 16, 2023
We told brainless zombiediots that the cashless policy can't affect the political class. It's for the masses to suffer. They'll always have their ways.

(1) (2) (Reply)

More Oil Discovered In Nigeria / Death Of A Nigerian Son in London, Again!! / Ogun Assembly Nullifies Sale Of Gateway Hotels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.