Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,772 members, 7,855,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 05:31 PM

Currency Swap: Repay Me With Kindness, Tinubu Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Currency Swap: Repay Me With Kindness, Tinubu Tells Buhari (1172 Views)

Wike Lauds Supreme Court For Stopping Currency Swap Deadline / Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy / Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Currency Swap: Repay Me With Kindness, Tinubu Tells Buhari by iSense247: 8:22pm On Feb 16, 2023
Bola Ahmed Tinubu, a former Lagos governor who has been touted as one of the most influential politicians in the South West region, appears to have confirmed suspicion that he doesn’t have President Muhammadu Buhari’s full support to emerge as the country’s next president.

The spokesperson for his presidential campaign council, Bayo Onanuga, provided the clue while reacting to the Buhari administration’s refusal to obey the Supreme Court’s order to suspend enforcement of the February 10 currency swap deadline.

The policy is partly aimed at politicians who have stockpiled billions of illicit funds for vote buying at the polls.

Both Buhari and Tinubu are members of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and it is expected that the president would naturally support his party’s flagbearer to succeed him in 2023.

Onanuga, in a tweet on Thursday, however, suggested that although President Buhari has publicly supported Tinubu and led his recent campaigns to some states, the president’s body language says otherwise.

“Tinubu’s past support for Buhari should translate to Buhari’s support for Tinubu in 2023. According to Prophet Muhammed (PBOH): “If anyone does you a kindness, recompense him; but if you have not the means to do so, pray for him until you feel that you have compensated him,” said Onanuga who is the Director of Media and Publicity of the APC presidential campaign council.

Bayo Onanuga reacts to Buhari’s state broadcast.
While Buhari has expressed support for Tinubu’s ambition at different points, some of his statements have been described as the most reliable indicators that he may not want the former governor to succeed him.

In his state broadcast on the naira redesign policy on Thursday, Buhari repeated his message to Nigerians to vote for whomever they like from whichever political party during the February 25 presidential election.

“I urge every citizen therefore, to go out to vote for their candidates of choice without fear, because security shall be provided and your vote shall count,” said the president.
https://thewhistler.ng/currency-swap-repay-me-with-kindness-tinubu-tells-buhari/amp/

Re: Currency Swap: Repay Me With Kindness, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Ttalk: 8:22pm On Feb 16, 2023
We masses will repay you. From the North to the South, West and East, we will vote massively for Tinubu, Mazi Emilokan of Anambra

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Currency Swap: Repay Me With Kindness, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Chinonye2022(m): 8:23pm On Feb 16, 2023
So repaying u with kindness is to allow you to buy vote🙄🙄

8 Likes

Re: Currency Swap: Repay Me With Kindness, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 16, 2023
Mad man, weytin currency do with you

Atiku is coming

1 Like

Re: Currency Swap: Repay Me With Kindness, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Proudlyomonna: 8:23pm On Feb 16, 2023
grin begie begie grandpa grin grin
That your bullion van stunt pass watin bubu fit concur with grin.
APC MUST GO FOR THEY ARE THE GREATEST DISASTER TO HIT THIS COUNTRY.
Obidiati is the way forward.

2 Likes

Re: Currency Swap: Repay Me With Kindness, Tinubu Tells Buhari by iSense247: 8:25pm On Feb 16, 2023
It is sad that Tinubu cannot even hide his total dependability on vote buying. Why then is he campaigning? This is like a student pretending to be reading when he knows he can not pass without cheating. Shame on you Tinubu. I spit on your coconut head.

10 Likes

Re: Currency Swap: Repay Me With Kindness, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Mayng01(m): 8:26pm On Feb 16, 2023
I seeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Currency Swap: Repay Me With Kindness, Tinubu Tells Buhari by iSense247: 8:29pm On Feb 16, 2023
We yoruba Christians will never vote Tinubu on Muslim-Muslim ticket because we are not fools. When MURIC terrorists told Yoruba Muslims not to vote Yoruba Christians, they all agree.

2 Likes

Re: Currency Swap: Repay Me With Kindness, Tinubu Tells Buhari by dustmalik: 8:31pm On Feb 16, 2023
IPOB miscreants have made it very easy to spot fake news. Once you see the source as thewhistler or gazzete, you already know it's Ipobic induced news.
Re: Currency Swap: Repay Me With Kindness, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Viscuz: 8:32pm On Feb 16, 2023
Ttalk:
We masses will repay you. From the North to the South, West and East, we will vote massively for Tinubu, Mazi Emilokan of Anambra

Shatap your smelling mouth and sing the national anthem.

3 Likes

Re: Currency Swap: Repay Me With Kindness, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Berrityga: 8:33pm On Feb 16, 2023
Dead men don't count.
Re: Currency Swap: Repay Me With Kindness, Tinubu Tells Buhari by iSense247: 8:37pm On Feb 16, 2023
Can every sane Nigerian now see that Tinubu is an unrepentant criminal even at old age? Must he by votes before he can win an election? Why can't he emulate Peter Obi for once?
Re: Currency Swap: Repay Me With Kindness, Tinubu Tells Buhari by iSense247: 8:39pm On Feb 16, 2023
Ttalk:
We masses urchins will repay you. From the North to the South, West and East, we will vote massively for Tinubu serial criminal, Mazi Emilokan of Anambra

Re: Currency Swap: Repay Me With Kindness, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Naijanascam: 8:45pm On Feb 16, 2023
Emilokan my yansh are now calming down jejelly

Re: Currency Swap: Repay Me With Kindness, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Ofunaofu: 8:52pm On Feb 16, 2023
Ttalk:

We will repay him with the worst electoral defeat any presidential candidate can ever have since the return of democracy
Re: Currency Swap: Repay Me With Kindness, Tinubu Tells Buhari by bewla(m): 8:57pm On Feb 16, 2023
It dsja
Re: Currency Swap: Repay Me With Kindness, Tinubu Tells Buhari by MEGA4BILLION(m): 9:04pm On Feb 16, 2023
Tinubu is now the masses
Re: Currency Swap: Repay Me With Kindness, Tinubu Tells Buhari by mistilink1: 9:09pm On Feb 16, 2023
We warn him of the danger of same faith ticket,they refuse to listen;they thought Buhari will be happy with them in their decision to present MUslim-MUslim ticket otherwisely know as MUMU ticket. After this election, when grandpa Emilokan must have been disgraced and randomly defeated,No political party will try such nonsense and idiot same faith ticket in this country again!
Re: Currency Swap: Repay Me With Kindness, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Mynd44: 9:20pm On Feb 16, 2023

(1)

We Can Disagree With Pastor Adeboye Without Being Rude And Even Deprecating God. / Bicycle Sales EXPLODE Across Nigeria As Commuters Seek Alternatives / The True Patriots On Nairaland Who Stood For Peace ✌️

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.