Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,228 members, 7,825,888 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day (22942 Views)

Mum Rejects Car Gift From Son, Questions His Source Of Wealth (Pix, Video) / Lady Buys Her Mum A Benz As Valentine’s Gift (Photos) / I Bought My Mum A Convertible Sport (pics,vid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by IamMobisola(f): 2:01pm On Feb 17, 2023
Goldmaxx:
When the men are always working 24/7??
Lol, 24/7. So who are the fathers wey dey full beer palours in the evening? Some when they go to parties with their family, they tell their wives to take the children home while they remain with their friends drinking till late at night. Men don’t even watch football in their houses, they would rather go to beer parlors or sport centers to watch even though their kids are watching football in the house too.
😒

3 Likes

Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by IGoComotYaTeeth: 2:12pm On Feb 17, 2023
Im surprised dirty minded Nigerians are not saying "maybe he wants to knack his Mum, that's why he bought her a car on valentine's".
Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by seanwilliam(m): 2:12pm On Feb 17, 2023
IamMobisola:

So most mothers aren’t always busy with work and hustle that will put food on the table for the family? All the women selling stuffs in the market from 5am till 10pm, aren’t they mothers or grandmothers? Women who work at banks, hospitals, schools and so on, na play dem dey play there?😏

Primary duty of a woman in marriage is taking care of the kids and the house in general. While man’s core duty is provision of shelter , cloths , food and general wellness of the family. Women are care giver and naturally closer to kids than men.

There are exceptions to every case but doesn’t invalidate each person’s responsibility .

Moreso, not spending quality time with kids doesn’t mean you don’t deserve love and gifts too. Something must have kept you busy. 90% of time the man is working to ensure the kids have the best life.

The op did very well, infact I plan doing the same too, but I feel there should be balance when it comes to gifting our parents.

Normally mothers are more appreciated by their kids .but…..

If the father doesn’t have a car , buying the car in the family name is more fair and appropriate.

5 Likes

Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by Goodlady(f): 2:12pm On Feb 17, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
Previous Thread

https://www.nairaland.com/7554446/want-get-car-mum-please

This last Valentine's day 14th February, 2023 was the happiest day of my life.

I felt the kind of joy I have never felt before seeing my Mama so exhilarated that she is reaping the fruits of her Labour.

For all those that wish to do good things for their Parents, I pray that the Lord makes it easy for you 🙏
The Lord is in your neighbourhood.

And for those that have the means but are yet to make moves for their Parents, kindly consider. I am sure you will never regret the decision.

That could v been my car. Congratulations to your mom
Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by IGoComotYaTeeth: 2:15pm On Feb 17, 2023
Goodlady:

That could v been my car. Congratulations to your mom

Im surprised dirty minded Nigerians are not saying "maybe he wants to knack his Mum, that's why he bought her a car on valentine's".

The way most Nigerians think is crazy.
Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by Fredoh(m): 2:18pm On Feb 17, 2023
Kaycee54321:
Congrats to Mama.

May her joy never cease.

Someday, your kids will take good care of your wife at her old age too...if you play your cards right.

This message carry Belle!
Congratulations to mama!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by seanwilliam(m): 2:20pm On Feb 17, 2023
Mindlog:

What does he do in those 3 days, while "resting"?

You don’t expect someone who’s been working for 27/30 days Just to put food on the table for his family to spend quality time with kids ! Not every man has the time and chance.

I know a bike man who also works as a security at one hospital at night , how will someone like that spend quality time with the kids when he’s husling and bustling to ensure his kids and wife eat?
In such situation , it’s the responsibility of a good woman to compliment his efforts by making the kids to see his struggles and appreciate him .

No be everybody Dey get “holiday “ for work

3 Likes

Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by Fredoh(m): 2:23pm On Feb 17, 2023
Nawttiboi007:
The rate at which fathers are neglected ehn... I use to have that sentiment until I became a dad... na Man Dey Carry everything but na women Dey collect the glory

The society is hacked!
Each person has a different experience with his parents. And therefore different reason why they buy things for their mothers instead. But to be honest, Dads are neglected!

2 Likes

Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by Fredoh(m): 2:26pm On Feb 17, 2023
brightDdon:

Nice one bro...
God bless you.

If i were you,the car would have been for my parent not necessary just for mom.

Unless dad already has him own car hence the need for mom to own one too( a better one) .

Oil de your head!

1 Like

Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by Numerouno94(m): 2:29pm On Feb 17, 2023
Goldmaxx:
Why didn't you first buy your dad a car? undecided

Bro if I'm ready, I will get a car for my mum first. I knw wat my mum has done for me and wat she has gone tru jux to make me happy.

Popsy too tried buh I can't count the numba of times pops will turn a deaf ear to my plea for money (he has a lot so don't give an xcuse abt him not having). Buh Mumsy has neva turned down my request for money. If she doesn't have, she will go all the way to borrow for me. Now tell me why I won't get my mum a car b4 my dad?

1 Like

Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by Mikeiron78(m): 2:31pm On Feb 17, 2023
You idiots should stop publicizing what most people don't give a **** about anymore. Why is it that it's only in Nigeria that they do what the're supposed to do, but post for the world to see, does that make you feel cool or dumb?
Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by shogsman(m): 3:11pm On Feb 17, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
Previous Thread

I felt the kind of joy I have never felt before seeing my Mama so exhilarated that she is reaping the fruits of her Labour.

For all those that wish to do good things for their Parents, I pray that the Lord makes it easy for you 🙏

And for those that have the means but are yet to make moves for their Parents, kindly consider. I am sure you will never regret the decision.

God bless you for this, you're The man

1 Like

Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by CHII2017(f): 3:11pm On Feb 17, 2023
God bless you and He ll continue to open doors of financial breakthrough for you so as to do more.
I pray that God ll bless me to show this kind of Love to my Mum.
Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by esiri4jesu(m): 3:16pm On Feb 17, 2023
God bless you for remembering your mum.

1 Like

Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by phemmyfour: 3:39pm On Feb 17, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
Previous Thread

And your father? Wetin you give am?

Fathers don suffer

3 Likes

Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by Mummyimbecile(m): 4:09pm On Feb 17, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
Previous Thread

you are a wise man. There is no better joy than giving to your parents.

OP, your children will do more than this for you.

Shout out to my Mama I love.
Shout out to my Papa I love.

You both will live to reap the fruit of your labour.
Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by Goldmaxx(f): 4:27pm On Feb 17, 2023
Numerouno94:

Bro if I'm ready, I will get a car for my mum first. I knw wat my mum has done for me and wat she has gone tru jux to make me happy.

Popsy too tried buh I can't count the numba of times pops will turn a deaf ear to my plea for money (he has a lot so don't give an xcuse abt him not having). Buh Mumsy has neva turned down my request for money. If she doesn't have, she will go all the way to borrow for me. Now tell me why I won't get my mum a car b4 my dad?
Remember you'll soon be a father. We'll see how it goes.

2 Likes

Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by Goldmaxx(f): 4:29pm On Feb 17, 2023
Mindlog:

He is not obligated to answer that part of his family life.
it's not he's family life when he brought it to a public forum.

2 Likes

Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by Turquoiseee: 4:53pm On Feb 17, 2023
Goldmaxx:
Sharap! Notice he's dodging the questions? He should have bought the car as a family vehicle... Not mom's.
Hahaha so your hatred has for ladies has been transferred to innocent, hardworking mothers too. Need I remind you that you have a mother too. You also know how much she has done and sacrificed for you. Abeg let that mama enjoy in peace.
Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by Lovelydaisies: 5:10pm On Feb 17, 2023
iamola30:
Chai Men don suffer.

Dear men,

Can you see how mothers are getting the major gifts.

As you young, abeg enjoy your life, don't kill yourself for any children.

The above is the reason 'men' seem neglected when children gift their parents.

Do you know the sacrifices the woman put in as well? If he chooses in his wisdom to bless his mother, so be it. If he wishes to bless his father, so be it! Life nor be about men dey suffer, men dey suffer. Woman/wife nor dey suffer?!

Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by Mindlog: 5:22pm On Feb 17, 2023
Goldmaxx:
it's not he's family life when he brought it to a public forum.

And he chose to focus on his mother and there is no law that stipulates he must disclose anything about his father.

1 Like

Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by brightDdon(m): 5:50pm On Feb 17, 2023
Fredoh:

Oil de your head!

Thanks much ❤
Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by XAUBulls: 5:54pm On Feb 17, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
Previous Thread

Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by Powersurge: 7:22pm On Feb 17, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
Previous Thread

Great job bro.
Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 7:47pm On Feb 17, 2023
OGa no vex ooh... na tank stand, abi na high tension b ds.?....
wet I dey see for your compound??
Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by Elidrisy20: 8:00pm On Feb 17, 2023
Congratulations mumsy,
What about pupsy's own?
Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by TeeNanu(m): 8:19pm On Feb 17, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
Previous Thread

God Bless you for this, including your children

Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by ebijimi7(m): 9:27pm On Feb 17, 2023
Congratulations mama I wish my mum was alive I built her a 3 bedroom apartment to mark her 60th birthday which is in 3 years time but she died last year September she couldn't even live in her house now she is lying 6 feet below in that house I cry anytime I thought of it because she single handedly raised me and my sister and my dad was no where to be found now after her death he is coming close to us knowing well that we built for our mum
Re: I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day by Numerouno94(m): 9:27pm On Feb 17, 2023
Goldmaxx:
Remember you'll soon be a father. We'll see how it goes.

I never said I won't do for my Dad, buh I will do for Mum first, because I alone knws the sacrifice she has made for me. Mum's luv for me is unconditional.
Wen I was wit my parents, mum has never refused me anything I asked for. She will go out of her way to make sure I get it. Buh Dad will tell me capital No without mincing words.

Omo, I no dey play wit my mum. If she's asks me for money, I don't mind selling off any of my gadgets to provide her the money cos I knew how she did same for me back then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 17 Years Of Marriage (Photos) / How & Why Do Siblings Fall Apart? / Barren Woman Gives Birth To 17 Babies In 29 Hours(photos)..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.