Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,807 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo (17846 Views)

APC Convention: All Activities Done In My Absence Remains Valid - Governor Buni / APC Took Jonathan To Court For Deploying Army During Elections! See Court Ruling / Rivers Guber: Gov. Wike, Senator Abe React To Appeal Court Ruling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by chiefolododo(m): 7:52am On Feb 17, 2023
Ade3131:

Normally, the judiciary (which the supreme court falls under) serves as a check and balance on the other arms of government. So when cases that are being presided upon by the apex court is being upon right before judgement is pronounced, then where's the checks and balancing that is originally the constitutional power of the court?
checks and balancing, I like those words but in this case they are trying to unbalance the situation on ground
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by PointZerom: 7:55am On Feb 17, 2023
UselessBuharist:
Since these governors are so sure that the old 1k and 5h remains valid they should instruct the citizens to bring the old naira notes to them for exchange instead of inconveniencing the banks

I never knew we have caring governors like this.

1 Like

Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 8:03am On Feb 17, 2023
chukwuibuipob:
The Sudanese language u write here is what grin grin grin? Dnt worry, Awa lokan. A ma dibo,A ma wole

Sudanese language.....thanks to God , Igbo language has gone international ....
Don't worry.....Awa lokan. A ma dibo, A ma Wole gi na ndi mgbu.....
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by Hessem: 8:11am On Feb 17, 2023
Buhari disobeyed court order on MNK,u hailed him for doing so,now he did same so you will not steal again,u dey bark like dog. Ogun kill u there.
slowpoke
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by watchindelta(m): 8:18am On Feb 17, 2023
Oxb90:
This country would have been on fire if Buhari was a southerner.
I tell u, Goodluck no do reach half of wety buhari do but see as northerners and yoruba wan kill the man but he reach buhari everywhere mute, pretending and hate will surely kill Nigerians.
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by UselessBuharist: 8:19am On Feb 17, 2023
PointZerom:

I never knew we have caring governors like this.

They only care about their interest, this touch everybody
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by 77star: 8:21am On Feb 17, 2023
Neduzze5:
Use it within Lagos.

I'm sure no banks will accept them because banks are under the purview and authority of the CBN.

If you like, close all banks. Na still Una go suffer am. The President's decision is final.

No political jagabans, drug pushers and Dubai landlords will be allowed to buy votes this time around.

I've attached the list of banks where you can go and deposit your old naira notes after close of business today.
So sorry boss, I had to copy those Banks to show agbado munchers in my area
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by Ade3131: 8:23am On Feb 17, 2023
chiefolododo:
checks and balancing, I like those words but in this case they are trying to unbalance the situation on ground

I take this your final submission as agreeing with me because it seems like you've fallen out of the argument.

Presidential orders can only be potent on some matters that are yet to be tried in court or a matter that has a judgement passed on it by a competent court of law.

His order cannot be passed on a matter that is still being presided upon by the court, else we will defeat the purpose of checks and balancing, or there won't even be a need to have a court in the first place since judgements can be bypassed by orders.
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by Anndju(m): 8:25am On Feb 17, 2023
U Nigerians are just wicked.. what stops u saying no to buying of votes..PMB is just a stubborn Man with that mumu CBN Man PMB is no saint he might be conniving with Mr BAT but u will never know
Neduzze5:
Use it within Lagos.

I'm sure no banks will accept them because banks are under the purview and authority of the CBN.

If you like, close all banks. Na still Una go suffer am. The President's decision is final.

No political jagabans, drug pushers and Dubai landlords will be allowed to buy votes this time around.

I've attached the list of banks where you can go and deposit your old naira notes after close of business today.
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by incredible5(m): 8:26am On Feb 17, 2023
Ade3131:

I take this your final submission as agreeing with me because it seems like you've fallen out of the argument.

Presidential orders can only be potent on some matters that are yet to be tried in court or a matter that has a judgement passed on it by a competent court of law.

His order cannot be passed on a matter that is still being presided upon by the court, else we will defeat the purpose of checks and balancing, or there won't even be a need to have a court in the first place since judgements can be bypassed by orders.
It's because supreme Court should not have entertained the matter in the first place
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by Oyiboman69: 8:27am On Feb 17, 2023
chiefolododo:
You don't go against presidential orders, it is not constitutional. The supreme court does not have all power to itself
oga shut up if you don't know what to say... The law is the land and its bigger than any man. the same law is what put your President there....
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by chukwuibuipob: 8:28am On Feb 17, 2023
Bernie. U lots are immigrants wink grin. Awa lokan
ArcSEMPECJ:

Sudanese language.....thanks to God , Igbo language has gone international ....
Don't worry.....Awa lokan. A ma dibo, A ma Wole gi na ndi mgbu.....
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by tundeabib1: 8:31am On Feb 17, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
Too many rulers just because Emilokan put Buhari there, Buhari I know is not a coward, all these looters won't let us have rest of mind
. .I stand with buhari and Emiefele on this, infact they shouldn't inject any more new note till after election,we will live with the fasting, better Nigeria demand sacrifice

And will you be fasting forever if Emilokan eventually wins?
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by Ken4Christ: 8:33am On Feb 17, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
Too many rulers just because Emilokan put Buhari there, Buhari I know is not a coward, all these looters won't let us have rest of mind
. .I stand with buhari and Emiefele on this, infact they shouldn't inject any more new note till after election,we will live with the fasting, better Nigeria demand sacrifice

The law of the land is Supreme. And whoever sues you base on the law will win. Buhari order is not constitutional especially when the matter is already in court.
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by Ken4Christ: 8:36am On Feb 17, 2023
chiefolododo:
You don't go against presidential orders, it is not constitutional. The supreme court does not have all power to itself

It's the opposite way. You don't go against the Supreme Court judgment. The matter is already in court. In a civilized country, Mr President can be sued.

This is democracy and not a military regime.
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by DMerciful(m): 8:36am On Feb 17, 2023
Thats because we southerners are too docile and not united
Oxb90:
This country would have been on fire if Buhari was a southerner.
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by Angel55555(m): 8:38am On Feb 17, 2023
chiefolododo:
So the President has the right to disobey a direct order from the SC ?
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by slowice(m): 8:38am On Feb 17, 2023
Lol tell the AG to go ShopRite in Lagos and try to spend his old notes let me check something fess.

Noise makers. Advising ordinary Nigerians to do what he as Lagos AG cannot do. Very silly people
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by Ade3131: 8:38am On Feb 17, 2023
incredible5:

It's because supreme Court should not have entertained the matter in the first place

According to which constitution?
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by Siwisheswereesh: 8:43am On Feb 17, 2023
PeterObi4LP:
Supreme Court ruling will not stand. SC have no jurisdiction to Naira notes. No be today Buhari dey disobey court order so this one won't be exceptional.

Piiggiiddiooottic thinking! angry

Piiggiiddiooott amaka cheesy
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by chiefolododo(m): 8:55am On Feb 17, 2023
Angel55555:

So the President has the right to disobey a direct order from the SC ?
he didn't disobey court order, he only over ruled it
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by chiefolododo(m): 8:56am On Feb 17, 2023
Ken4Christ:

It's the opposite way. You don't go against the Supreme Court judgment. The matter is already in court. In a civilized country, Mr President can be sued.

This is democracy and not a military regime.
I am not aware of any court judgement, it is an order.
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by Michael6292: 8:57am On Feb 17, 2023
Buhari statement about the new naira policy is crystal clear
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by chiefolododo(m): 8:57am On Feb 17, 2023
Oyiboman69:
oga shut up if you don't know what to say... The law is the land and its bigger than any man. the same law is what put your President there....

Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by chiefolododo(m): 8:58am On Feb 17, 2023
Ade3131:

you are just blowing grammar
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by XAUBulls: 9:04am On Feb 17, 2023
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by obi4eze(m): 9:04am On Feb 17, 2023
Neduzze5:
Use it within Lagos.

Oga please add Urchins National Bank
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 9:21am On Feb 17, 2023
chukwuibuipob:
Bernie. U lots are immigrants wink grin. Awa lokan

Is alright....I thought I was interating with an Atiku supporter, atleast there will be some level of sanity between us....but I forgot am interacting with a man who is supporting a man that raised his two hands up to sing national anthem......mtcheeeew
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by b0rn2fuck(m): 9:22am On Feb 17, 2023
Ken4Christ:

The law of the land is Supreme. And whoever sues you base on the law will win. Buhari order is not constitutional especially when the matter is already in court.
Emilokan put Buhari there, I never used my finger voted Buhari but I used my finger for all APC Governors in Lagos , Emilokan put Buhari there, buhari he know is not trust Worthy, now the tune has been played to him. let him dance what people warned him off...we will continue to ensure till election has we have endured in the past for many things
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by b0rn2fuck(m): 9:22am On Feb 17, 2023
tundeabib1:

And will you be fasting forever if Emilokan eventually wins?
Emilokan put Buhari there, I never used my finger voted Buhari but I used my finger for all APC Governors in Lagos , Emilokan put Buhari there, buhari he know is not trust Worthy, now the tune has been played to him. let him dance what people warned him off...we will continue to ensure till election has we have endured in the past for many things
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by coconutbag: 9:23am On Feb 17, 2023
I will like to know where you saw supreme court in my statement. Are other courts he disobeyed not to be respected?

austinvsb:

I am truly curious, perhaps my old age is failing me, what other Supreme Court order has Buhari disobeyed?
Re: New Naira: Supreme Court Ruling Remains Valid, Says Lagos AG, Onigbanjo by GeneralPula: 9:29am On Feb 17, 2023
Millz404:
Old notes nobody is collecting again after yesterday's broadcast
Old notes wey I still take buy fuel this morning..

Dey play

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sacked Senator Atai Aidoko Ali Defies Court, Attends Senate Plenary / Abike Dabiri Receives Dr. Maduka, Commends His Achievements In Diaspora, Nigeria / Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.