Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,520 members, 7,836,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. (3942 Views)

Throwback Picture Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Wife, Faith / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by blahc007: 2:22pm On Feb 17, 2023
PointZerom:

The church never missed you for a second. That shows how irrelevant you are to the body of Christ.
One bottle of Chi Ezotic for you
Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by Stone03: 2:43pm On Feb 17, 2023
PointZerom:

Oyedepo never ask them to kneel down or walk on their kneels but they chose to do so for the respect they have for him.

If I have the opportunity I will even lie on the floor before him and will not request for anything even prayers. Just to bless the name of Jesus because the God that established Oyedepo is the Mightiest of the Mighty

1 Like

Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by engrchykae(m): 2:45pm On Feb 17, 2023
PointZerom:

I won't stay away from men of God.
Maybe it's your goal to be like them and exploit people in the future.
The secular and sacral leadership are different sides of the same coin.
The secular exploit us and call it tax
The sacral exploit us and call it offerings,tithes etc

1 Like

Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by PointZerom: 2:51pm On Feb 17, 2023
engrchykae:
Maybe it's your goal to be like them and exploit people in the future.
The secular and sacral leadership are different sides of the same coin.
The secular exploit us and call it tax
The sacral exploit us and call it offerings,tithes etc

Since you stoped given offering and paying tithes, how many pastors has come to you for food?
Keep your ill gotten monies to yourself the church aren't in need of such.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by spartan117(m): 3:49pm On Feb 17, 2023
bantilosha:
some of us sto p believing their lies many years ago. I will be celebrating my 12th year anniversary to that regard on the 27th of this month. 12 years of mental liberation.
I hope your life has been better in those 12yrs?
Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by SMOGnow: 3:58pm On Feb 17, 2023
ayo2008:

Are u sure you are not blind? He admonished the man simply. Didn't be anti -Christ.
Admonish him for what? Who the hell is he?
Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by SMOGnow: 3:59pm On Feb 17, 2023
AntiChristian:

Jesus did!

Jesus and the Canaanite woman!
What are you talking about?
Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by SMOGnow: 4:00pm On Feb 17, 2023
PointZerom:

You don't know shi..shi about spiritual things.

Jesus didn't stop the Woman of issue of blood from touching His garment.

Jesus didn't stop people from spraying their clothes on the road for Him to walk upon.
The reason is that they may have their convenant with God for doing so.

If the woman of issue of blood was stoped, her sickness may have continued.

Did you see the man begging, crying and walking on his knees? Did Oyedepo pay him any attention?
Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by englishmart(m): 4:19pm On Feb 17, 2023
KnownUnknown:

Nothing surprising. The religion is slavish in nature. They willing denigrate themselves and call themselves sheep so it just takes a bold conman to fleece them and treat them like slav a they truly are.
Religion must be practiced along side with rationality. Religion isn't for people that can't think

1 Like

Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by ReacherSaidNoth: 4:27pm On Feb 17, 2023
I see no slavery here unless delusion is considered as such.
Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by englishmart(m): 4:28pm On Feb 17, 2023
AntiChristian:
Jesus was unaware of her presence till the miracle happened!

How will he stop them when they have already done it before he arrived.

There was no covenant anywhere!

What healed the woman with the issue of blood was her faith according to your Bible.
No one was stopping anybody but they never behaved like slaves towards Jesus!

and whoever wants to be first among you must be your slave— just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve... Matthew 20:27-28, Mark 10:45, Luke 22:27
Thank you for this clarification.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by englishmart(m): 4:29pm On Feb 17, 2023
genkins:

@rightheousness2 doesn't understand scripture..just a demented brainwashed religious fanatic
Righteousness2 is a dumb fellow who repeats the same platitudes with little or no understanding of the scriptures.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by englishmart(m): 4:30pm On Feb 17, 2023
PlayerMeji:
Then, you want people to feel offended too... isn't it?

So you didn't feel offended by what your government has been doing in the name of good policies, but what a pastor did in his church is very offensive to you and you have to bring it to the public space.

Na werey you be!

People like you usually end up running back to the same churches you earlier tried to run down.

So the offence we've been showing everyday about the government and their policies aren't enough? We shiuld move to their houses and stone them abi?
Free yourself, demented fanatic.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by englishmart(m): 4:32pm On Feb 17, 2023
PointZerom:

If I touch the helm of His garment I will be made whole"
This is a convanant statement. she has convanented her healing to touching the Master's garment and if anyone had stoped her she wouldn't have bn made whole.

As far as the man of God didn't ask them to do so, pls mind your business and leave them alone.

Their business is our business. Except the business isn't brought to the public. BTW, nobody is capable of minding their business. You can't survive alone.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by englishmart(m): 4:33pm On Feb 17, 2023
PointZerom:

Yeah everyone is important to God but if you make yourself unimportant God will look for someone else.
Not going to church or taking religion with a pinch of salt doesn't translate to making oneself unimportant to God. You must separate God from religion.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by efembaba(m): 4:37pm On Feb 17, 2023
Even though I was kinda in haste, I patiently watched the whole video, waiting to see how Bishop will respond to the man crying to be prayed for.

He didn't snub him but actually told him the truth that will sustainably set him free- which was to go the light, then he prayed for him to receive access to light.

So then, how is he treating people like slaves as the op claimed

1 Like

Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by ayo2008: 4:40pm On Feb 17, 2023
SMOGnow:
Admonish him for what? Who the hell is he?

He is a man of God!
Be careful of your utterances
Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by sharpwriter(m): 4:48pm On Feb 17, 2023
engrchykae:
do you know that every human have their own special calling?
They can't realize their purpose in the congregation,
If you are a prophet or seer,deeper life is not for you.
My dad was persecuted and relieved from his pastoring office for healing a mad woman(Regina)in 1997,other pastors got jealous in the same church.
Catholic doesn't even encourage growth.
High fliers fly alone,low fliers in flocks.
The kingdom of God is within you,find it yourself.
Stay away from men of God and their business centers
Imagine... I've heard about this many times... Most of them are vipers, if not I can't understand how someone will be angry and jealous that God did a miracle through someone.

Then I don't know the essence of reading the gospel books in those churches which are composed mostly of Jesus's miracles. So the logic is that they don't even believe in what they are reading or doing... Why then waste their times and that of other worshippers? #confusion grin
Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by GoodIsGod: 6:37pm On Feb 17, 2023
Righteousness2:
Still searching seriously for your so called slavery!

It is only a young man or lady that lacks proper home training that will see such as slavery.

It is not slavery but the Bishop himself should not have allowed people cringe up to that in his presence.
Look at the distance the first man crawled on his knees to meet him. Yes! He did not ask the man to do that but as a man of God he should have corrected him to stand up and approach him. Why should a man subject himself to such just to receive blessings or prayer.

I attend Winners Chapel and I hate what I saw.

Men of God in Nigeria enjoy such worship which is so so wrong.

You won't see American Evangelists allow such worship.

All worship belongs to God.

We have seen where in the Bible people tried to worship Angels and Angels said "No! worship God. I am your fellow servant"

All this is not giving respect. It is giving worship to man. Absolutely uncalled for. Total Error.

It is wrong!

3 Likes

Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by jaephoenix(m): 6:47pm On Feb 17, 2023
PointZerom:

Oyedepo never ask them to kneel down or walk on their kneels but they chose to do so for the respect they have for him.
Even to the extent of walking on their knees? Why didn’t he command them to stop it. Or better still tell his orderlies and security details to order anybody kneeling down out. Its because he enjoys it. Stop defending him

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by PointZerom: 6:52pm On Feb 17, 2023
jaephoenix:

Even to the extent of walking on their knees? Why didn’t he command them to stop it. Or better still tell his orderlies and security details to order anybody kneeling down out. Its because he enjoys it. Stop defending him

You don't handle spiritual things with sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by jaephoenix(m): 6:58pm On Feb 17, 2023
PointZerom:

Oh really? How do you handle them?
Whats spiritual about walking on the knee

1 Like

Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by Righteousness2(m): 7:26pm On Feb 17, 2023
GoodIsGod:

It is not slavery but the Bishop himself should not have allowed people cringe up to that in his presence.
Look at the distance the first man crawled on his knees to meet him. Yes! He did not ask the man to do that but as a man of God he should have corrected him to stand up and approach him. Why should a man subject himself to such just to receive blessings or prayer.

I attend Winners Chapel and I hate what I saw.

Men of God in Nigeria enjoy such worship which is so so wrong.

You won't see American Evangelists allow such worship.

All worship belongs to God.

We have seen where in the Bible people tried to worship Angels and Angels said "No! worship God. I am your fellow servant"

All this is not giving respect that is giving worship to man.

It is wrong!

You need to cleanse your mind.
You attend winners chapel or you don't has nothing to do here.

If I choose to lie on the ground to get the attention of a servant of GOD who I need. I will do it.

There is a difference btw worship and honour.
No one forced them to kneel.

As long they are not worshipping the bishop, there is nothing wrong there.
Worship is only to GOD.

Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by PointZerom: 7:30pm On Feb 17, 2023
jaephoenix:

Oh really? How do you handle them?
Whats spiritual about walking on the knee

A carnal mind will never understand the things of the spirit.

The man who knelt down knows why he knelt down and the pastor knows why he didn't stop him.
All things works together.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by GoodIsGod: 7:55pm On Feb 17, 2023
Righteousness2:

You need to cleanse your mind.
You attend winners chapel you don't has nothing to do here.

If I choose to lie on the ground to get the attention of a servant of GOD who I need. I will do it.

There is a difference btw worship and honour.
No one forced them to kneel.

As long they are not worshipping the bishop, there is nothing wrong there.
Worship is only to GOD.

grin
I don't have anything to do at Winners because I see what the founder does that is wrong and I spoke out!

Guy, you are one of the gullible followers of men of God.
Are you saying these men are perfect?

Are they Angels?

Even the Angels are not perfect. Only God Almighty is perfect. So, for your information these men of God make several mistakes and it is not every time they act through the spirit of God. They are human and flesh controls them once in a while.

Oyedepo should have said "No! Common stand up and Come" But because he enjoys these too much reference.

For your information, excessive reference is worship.

You need to grow out of gullibility and be liberal in your reasoning as a Christian.

Oyedepo was wrong.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by GoodIsGod: 8:07pm On Feb 17, 2023
PointZerom:

What sentiment?
Is that how Oyedepo himself crawl about before those who are senior to him in Ministry?
Does he have to crawl in the presence of Baba Adeboye before he blesses him?

You people should free yourself from the fear of touch not my anointed and say the truth when you see errors in the act of men of God.

These men are not Angels and even if they were, Angels are not perfect as well.

Only God is perfect.

Encouraging such reference from members of your church is wrong.

This is the truth.
Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by Adaisback(f): 8:12pm On Feb 17, 2023
Righteousness2:

In celebrating your 12 years of "Mental liberation", ensure you Belive and SURRENDER to the Lordship of JESUS CHRIST.
Ensure you live according to the commandments of JESUS CHRIST.

Because it does not matter what you celebrate here on earth, if you depart this Earth without a genuine relationship with JESUS CHRIST, you will not celebrate on the other side. You will cry , wail and Lament in Hell fire.
Gbam. Continue to tell us as it is. You are doing well. You are touching lots of souls without knowing it

1 Like

Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by GoodIsGod: 8:20pm On Feb 17, 2023
PointZerom:

The man who knelt down knows why he knelt down and the pastor knows why he didn't stop him.

Stop talking like an idol worshiper who just got preached to and became a Christian.
It is obvious you are not grounded in the faith and the word yet.
Read your Bible by yourself and stop relying on some men to read and interpret to you.

The man who knelt down is either a complete ignoramus in the faith or the problem he had overwhelmed his soul that he was lost in the wrong act.

Oyedepo being someone who understands the bible better and has the lead of the spirit Should have told him to Stand up.

Why crawl like a slave approaching his master in the church.

Absolute nonsense!

Grow up as a child of God.
Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by jaephoenix(m): 8:46pm On Feb 17, 2023
PointZerom:

Yeah, I thought so. He might as well suck his dick while he's at it. I guess that would get his attention faster, don't you think

1 Like

Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by thestreets(m): 9:07pm On Feb 17, 2023
Righteousness2:

Your problem is sin.
Your problem is iniquity.
Your problem is that you have refused to SURRENDER to JESUS CHRIST.
Listen! Without JESUS Christ, life is empty, confused and meaningless.

man of God can you tell me the difference between religion and spirituality?

I wan check something laik dis
Re: Annoying Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Treating Church Members Worse Than Slaves. by PointZerom: 9:28pm On Feb 17, 2023
jaephoenix:

Yeah, I thought so. He might as well suck his dick while he's at it. I guess that would get his attention faster, don't you think

Proverbs 13:16 (KJV) Every prudent man dealeth with knowledge: but a fool layeth open his folly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Makes You To Adhere To Your Church? / Was TRINITY Taught By Jesus Or The Early Apostles??? / I Want To Join Secret Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.