Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

CBN Latest Order On #500 And #1000; Election May Be Postponed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Latest Order On #500 And #1000; Election May Be Postponed (698 Views)

"Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat / Atiku: Losing 2023 Presidential Election May Lead To Death Of PDP / Prophet Ayodele: I Foresee Election May Not Hold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Latest Order On #500 And #1000; Election May Be Postponed by AlexBells(m): 3:18pm On Feb 17, 2023
I have chosen to stay silent all these while especially as regards the naira redesign and its associated tussles, my silence was due to my understanding of the sensitivity of the situation and the fact that it do seem like we are already at war.

In war it is important to take side, I'm not lukewarm I have a side which at this point it is better to stay concealed as I believe that any fight worth it could be justified in each sides view, in essence I'm saying that I understand why those fighting against the naira redesign and its implementations are fighting and I also understand why those who prefer it to be implemented is fighting, I'm not in position to judge but war is not about emotions but about the better player and ofcourse bigger arsenal, better strategy and crisis anticipation and management.

But the sudden continuation of the mop up of the #1000 and #500 naira note is an indicator of a potential shift in the 2023 election, most likely election would hold but it could be shifted.

This is becuase the Buhari administration's determination to curb vote buying, and again Buhari address have broken the will of the opposing governors and they are losing the trust of the peopel, the redemption of the old naira in CBN was overwhelming which indicates to Buhari and his team that the proclamation is working on Nigerians, the flooding of the CBN in Kaduna and Kano is a pointer to that, there would even be more chaos in the banks from Monday and any slight error can justify a shift in the election whereby the Federal Government could give two weeks grace and the rush to bank would shake the naysayers and leave them entirely vulnerable and on their own, their counter could be disastrous and bring a shift, shifting the election by two weeks would give people space to deposit back all their money, it could even be shifted to april.

Also insecurity situation in south east is another pointer, the government seem suddenly realising the potential capacity of IPOB's autopilot could also portray that for another reason of shifting the election.
Re: CBN Latest Order On #500 And #1000; Election May Be Postponed by socialmediaman: 3:26pm On Feb 17, 2023
Re: CBN Latest Order On #500 And #1000; Election May Be Postponed by AtikuOkowa: 3:36pm On Feb 17, 2023
I sense your IQ and possibilty of where you are from
Are you sure you are not S9b?

Dude you can't hide on nairaland,shey you too catch cruise?
Re: CBN Latest Order On #500 And #1000; Election May Be Postponed by Pierocash(m): 3:58pm On Feb 17, 2023
How can redeeming old note be a justifiable reason to shift election. Mtcheeew.

As for ipob Simon ekpa threat,forget it. They caused more trouble few weeks to the buildup to Anambra election, election still held.

Not even Boko Haram could frustrate election In north east. No group can hold a government to ransom on issues of this nature
Re: CBN Latest Order On #500 And #1000; Election May Be Postponed by AlexBells(m): 4:19pm On Feb 17, 2023
Pierocash:
How can redeeming old note be a justifiable reason to shift election. Mtcheeew.

As for ipob Simon ekpa threat,forget it. They caused more trouble few weeks to the buildup to Anambra election, election still held.

Not even Boko Haram could frustrate election In north east. No group can hold a government to ransom on issues of this nature
I never said redeeming the note is going to bring the postponement, I said it a pointer, you ask how, if the redemption date goes beyond the election date that would bring a loophole in the whole process but the redemption date needs to elapse before election day.

The situation of north east and Bokoharam is different from south east, sit at home on election day would bring low turnout which could help or hurt some candidate, election is also fundamental to human rights, there's difference between terrorism and instigating classical civil disobedience or rather enforcing civil disobedience

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With South West / Obaseki Visits Markets, Receives Rousing Welcome From Traders... / Obidents Beg President-elect Tinubu For ministerial post for Peter Gringory obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.