Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,856 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

"Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat (16689 Views)

Femi Hamzat's Son Was Not At "Obidients" Rally, "Impersonator" To Be Arrested / Sanwo-Olu And Femi Hamzat Visit Buhari In Abuja - Photos / Governor Akinwunmi Ambode Spotted With Babajide Sanwoolu And Femi Hamzat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by Racoon(m): 3:33pm On Nov 30, 2023
•Says Nigerians expect perfect elections in imperfect situations

The Lagos State Deputy Governor, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat, has said subsequent elections might be worse than the ones being contested because the Nigerian people were not addressing the real issues yet.

He also snickered at Nigerians who were expecting perfect elections in an imperfect situation, but ended up blaming their unfulfilled expectations on the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and the judiciary.

Hamzat, who stated this yesterday during the opening ceremony of a two-day retreat on “Nigeria Open Political Party (NOPP) Project: Capacity Strengthening Retreat for National Youth Leaders of Political Parties in Nigeria,” organised by the Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) in Eko Hotel, Lagos, enjoined the people to change their mindset and focus on the real challenges militating against the country’s electoral processes.

“The challenge that we all need to look at is the way we have weaponised everything in our country. I have listened to many public commentators abuse INEC, abuse judiciary, abuse everybody.

“The truth is that we are doing damage to ourselves. And I pray that your generation will change it. So, let us pity the INEC. For me, they have done a great job. But everyone has maligned them. People will be scared to take that position (INEC’s responsibility),” he said.

He told the national youth leaders of political parties that Nigerians, who cried that INEC failed to transfer election’s results to its IREV were only blaming the country’s infrastructure deficits on the electoral commission.

He said, “When we said INEC did not transfer results immediately to IREV, let me ask: can they do it? Have you seen the broadband chart of Nigeria? There are ballot boxes in areas that do not have network. How do they transfer these results? So, we are blaming INEC for the inefficiency of our infrastructure.

“The problem is that we want a perfect election in an imperfect situation and we will blame INEC. It is not possible. The problem is that we demean our institutions. And we cannot build a nation like that.

“The challenge is because of the way that we are commenting. We are commenting on the wrong things. Therefore, my fear is that our election will be getting worse. The next one will probably be the worst because we are not talking about the real issues,” the deputy governor said.

He, therefore, said there was nothing surprising about electoral violence in the country because Nigerians were accustomed to fighting in their normal day lives.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/11/30/femi-hamzat-next-election-may-be-worse-unless

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by BOSSkesh(m): 3:34pm On Nov 30, 2023
The election are okay na

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by BOSSkesh(m): 3:35pm On Nov 30, 2023
Imperfect with the ballot snatching here and there
But otherwise very credible

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by iammo(m): 3:35pm On Nov 30, 2023
cool

I beg to differ Sir....

With BVAS and IREV.. subsequent election would be very very competitive, rigging would be a thing of the past

Electorate are now wiser

If you want to win, your agent must be willing to buy vote and pay money from 5k to 15k per vote

Everyone knows about the Jumbo allowance and packages politicians get

Dino Melaye learnt the bitter way... You no give shishi, you no get shishi vote

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by Racoon(m): 3:37pm On Nov 30, 2023
And what stopped the institutions from being strengthened and made independent of government in order to make a simple step to democratic governance as elections easy to conduct?

It is simply because many of these irresponsible leaders are beneficiaries of the failed and rottened system. India, Malawi, Liberia and other nations have deployed technology to conduct peaceful elections, but Nigeria case di iche.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by Racoon(m): 3:39pm On Nov 30, 2023
So they true know the elections were worst but the principal organs that manipulate the people choose including physical assaults to anyone not interested in voting them yet still wants to blame the electorate?

Nigeria made budgetary provision for electronic voting and collation of elections results. INEC test run the technology and it recorded sound success in Osun, Anambra and other areas. It worked for the HOR, Senate election but developed a "glitch" for the presidential election?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by MadamVanessa(f): 3:40pm On Nov 30, 2023
shocked

The failed state is called ZOO for a reason. Everything about the zoo is always from fry pan to fire, from bad to worst. Nothing is working in the failed state, even their clown president is INEC imposed, and same will happen again in the next presidential election. This can only happened in the zoo.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by Racoon(m): 3:42pm On Nov 30, 2023
iammo:
I beg to differ Sir.With BVAS and IREV.. subsequent election would be very very competitive, rigging would be a thing of the past.Electorate are now wiser....
Which BVAS and IREV are you talking about? Same one denied by the criminal organisation called INEC? Same INEC denying its own duly certified electoral documents? Same INEC the rogue on seat have appointed highly partisan RECs for? You must be a joker.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by iammo(m): 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2023
Racoon:
Which BVAS and IREV are you talking about? Same one denied by the criminal organisation called INEC? Same INEC denying its own duly certified electoral documents? Same INEC the rogue on seat have appointed highly partisan RECs for? You must be a joker.

Oga Ellupee... if you had any evidence all of you Elupeee would have showed it in Court

Ellupee Party Agents, PDP Party Agents and APC party Agents all signed Ec8 form after counting of the vote by a Youth corper with police protection

Why did your agent certify the true copy at polling unit

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by Beremx(f): 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2023
iammo:
cool

I beg to differ Sir....

who are you to beg to differ? Someone who was in the contest has said his opinion about INEC. You that stood under the sun to vote idiots is begging to differ.
Taa gbafuo!!

8 Likes

Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by iammo(m): 3:46pm On Nov 30, 2023
Beremx:
who are you to beg to differ? Someone who was in the contest has said his opinion about INEC. You that stood under the sun to vote idiots is begging to differ.
Taa gbafuo!!

Another baby factory product that can't debate Politics like a civilized adult

Always acting like a reprobate

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by SoNature(m): 3:47pm On Nov 30, 2023
I hope that IT experts reviewed this message before it was presented. What is the size of the files they needed to upload that he's mentioning broadband chart? Do they run into terabytes?

Oga, INEC undermined its own system to favour those they want to win the election. The truth is that INEC is not independent. Proffering solutions to Nigeria's problems is a total waste of time because this country was never designed to attain greatness.

4 Likes

Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by AlhajiCSO: 3:47pm On Nov 30, 2023
iammo:

mynd44 lalasticlala Seun Dominique nlfpmod Mukina2
Rule 2
Rule 19 same person as www.nairaland.com/Ms202310 www.nairaland.com/MS247 www.nairaland.com/Moh227 www.nairaland.com/Moh247 www.nairaland.com/Cruise777 www.nairaland.com/Curse777 etc

2 Likes

Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by iammo(m): 3:49pm On Nov 30, 2023
AlhajiCSO:
Rule 2
Rule 19 same person as www.nairaland.com/Ms202310 www.nairaland.com/MS247 www.nairaland.com/Moh227 www.nairaland.com/Moh247 www.nairaland.com/Cruise777 www.nairaland.com/Curse777 etc

E pain my Asthmatic friend

Bremix still no go get your time

Simp

1 Like

Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by Jostoman: 3:55pm On Nov 30, 2023
INEC is a criminal organisation. If inec continue to jettison the idea of transmitting results from poling unit we will continue to worst election.
Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by Beremx(f): 3:55pm On Nov 30, 2023
iammo:

you're too low to have a debate with. A by-product of a cattle and herdsman like you isn't worth a debate.. you have nothing to offer.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by teamoneline: 3:56pm On Nov 30, 2023
Racoon:
And what stopped the institutions from being strengthened and made independent of government in order to make a simple step to democratic governance as general elections easy to conduct?

It is simply because many of these irresponsible leaders are beneficiaries of the failed and rottened system. India, Malawi, Liberia and other nations have deployed technology to conduct peaceful elections, but Nigeria case di iche.

Inec should start providing polling unit evidence (hardcopy evidence like POS slip at shopping mall) so that agents and electorate can compile the results themselves. BVAS is criminal
Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by SoNature(m): 3:56pm On Nov 30, 2023
iammo:
cool

I beg to differ Sir....

With BVAS and IREV.. subsequent election would be very very competitive, rigging would be a thing of the past

Electorate are now wiser

If you want to win, your agent must be willing to buy vote and pay money from 5k to 15k per vote

Everyone knows about the Jumbo allowance and packages politicians get

Dino Melaye learnt the bitter way... You no give shishi, you no get shishi vote

Nobody uses BVAS in elections anymore. Check out what happened in Imo. INEC has refused to let the opposition access the election materials.

Even if the opposition goes to court, it's certain they will lose. All this happens because we know we live in a lawless country. People thwart the will of the people and get away with it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by iammo(m): 3:57pm On Nov 30, 2023
Beremx:
you're too low to have a debate with. A by-product of a cattle and herdsman like you isn't worth a debate.. you have nothing to offer.

Hahahaha

Just look at you picture, you look like Cattle and even if I was an herdsmen I will sell you off immediately because you look scary

1 Like

Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by iammo(m): 4:00pm On Nov 30, 2023
teamoneline:

Inec should start providing polling unit evidence (hardcopy evidence like POS slip at shopping mall) so that agents and electorate can compile the results themselves. BVAS is criminal

They do and it's called form EC8

1 Like

Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by Beremx(f): 4:00pm On Nov 30, 2023
iammo:

Hahahaha

Just look at you picture, you look like Cattle and even if I was an herdsmen I will sell you off immediately because you look scary

look at your own picture first before comparing it to mine. Are you learning how to use an earpiece or what?
Abokki sef

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by iammo(m): 4:03pm On Nov 30, 2023
Beremx:
look at your own picture first before comparing it to mine. Are you learning how to use an earpiece or what?
Abokki sef

Anyways with that your Stevie wonder Googles, I don't expect you to see very well

Say it after me "TINUBU IS OUR PRESIDENT IN IGBOLAND"

Say it again "Tinubu would lead us in Igbo land for 8 years"
Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by teamoneline: 4:07pm On Nov 30, 2023
iammo:

They do and it's called form EC8

They do not give the agents hard copy to take home. It is take home we are talking about here.

1 Like

Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 30, 2023
Who cares,when it has always been worst
Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by Prigidypogodo(f): 4:51pm On Nov 30, 2023
iammo:

Anyways with that your Stevie wonder Googles, I don't expect you to see very well

shatap
cc
Beremx

3 Likes

Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by AlhajiCSO: 4:52pm On Nov 30, 2023
iammo:

Rule 2

1 Like

Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by AlhajiCSO: 4:52pm On Nov 30, 2023
iammo:

Rule 2

https://www.nairaland.com/7926973/nigerians-bothered-rising-food-prices/2#127245969

Same person as Bliss62

2 Likes

Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by Beremx(f): 4:55pm On Nov 30, 2023
grin grin grin
Prigidypogodo:
shatap
cc
Beremx

1 Like

Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by AlhajiCSO: 5:00pm On Nov 30, 2023
iammo:

E pain my Asthmatic friend

Bremix still no go get your time

Simp
Rule 2

1 Like

Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by CHIOMAEZEH: 6:44pm On Nov 30, 2023
Na now you dey realise am? Kukurukuuu 🐔 .... Day don break

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRaV14fdXuY
Re: "Next Election May Be Worse Unless..." - Femi Hamzat by nairalanda1(m): 6:45pm On Nov 30, 2023
hmm

1.The guy touched on the fact that internet does not extend to all parts of Nigeria. That was the major part of the whole BVAS show really ......network is still bad in many parts of Nigeria.

2. Let's be honest...in the USA, politicans do not have large numbers of people depending on them. In Nigeria, politicans have large numbers of people depending on them directly and indirectly.

Remember the crowd infront of Tinubu's house when the bullion vans came in? Dependents.

Now imagine if APC had lost Lagos, where would those people be?

I'll leave you with the below. It was said about the Sierra Leone election that just held this year and its aftermath, but it applies to Nigeria too

High unemployment mean lots of people want steady government jobs, she explains. This means the stakes are high during elections - people feel they need to be affiliated with certain parties in order to have access to state jobs and other benefits.

"If your political party loses, that means someone else comes in and if you've been open about your political affiliation you lose all you have: influence, opportunities and access
."

Source

See where the problem is?

We cannot have free and fair elections because at the end, the stakes are darn too high. I honestly don't know the solution.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take / 'Many Nigerian Politicians Are Thieves Except Buhari' – Oba Of Lagos / Deborah Samuel: Northern Governors Call For Calm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.