Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,331 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN (49262 Views)

It’s Been Approved By CBN’ — Banks Begin Dispensing Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 / CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes / Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN by Christistruth00: 7:17pm On Feb 17, 2023
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

Does it mean that you don't understand what is written on that website! You are to go to nearest CBN branch in your locality to make the deposit
a

No

You are to deposit the money in y our Bank Account

Re: We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN by muhammaduyusufu: 7:17pm On Feb 17, 2023
Elliotwaveforec:
Buhari is doing everything to ensure his party loses the presidential election so that the PDP can win with Atiku, his Fulani brother. We understand the game.

Buhari, you will fail and that Cameroonian will not rule this country.
That's the game. You got it.

3 Likes

Re: We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN by chatinent: 7:18pm On Feb 17, 2023
To show you how evil some APC supporters are, they've refused to castigate this tomfoolery from their party.
Re: We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN by solexzy: 7:24pm On Feb 17, 2023
Naija na cruise
I laugh in Swahili grin
Re: We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN by bonnyhope: 7:28pm On Feb 17, 2023
Tinubu supporters spreading fake news up and down
Re: We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN by Hessem: 7:32pm On Feb 17, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:
Buhari just want to burn down this country.
That Buhari would be shocked in few days to come

Mumu. How much dey your account. Why is it only Tinubu dey cry about this money policy?
Re: We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN by snoopz: 7:35pm On Feb 17, 2023
Tinubu and his cohorts are trying to hijack the media but it won't work
Re: We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN by sanusikebbe(m): 7:39pm On Feb 17, 2023
Nigeria is in a confusion state. With the conflicting information we receive from time to time, it is becoming hard to settle on one that is authentic. Firstbank commences old #500 & #1000 deposit tomorrow, while an information from CBN above calls for a disregard of any authorization of Money Deposit Banks to collect old banknotes. Which is which?
Re: We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN by 77star: 8:22pm On Feb 17, 2023
Zarzah:
While eating a plate of gazelle gagaraga, I saw this on the news, Sharply nobody told me to go and deposit my money in the bank hall different from bulaba......

This Nigeria vs Nigeria match is really interesting.

Even the Nairaland resident urchins are distancing themselves from Buhari......

To be an Urchin this period is not easy, imagine waking up every morning and you have to choose between Buhari and Tinubu.
No be small thing o

Na I feel for the most!

2 Likes

Re: We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN by sukar886: 8:44pm On Feb 17, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, CBN is really dealing with all this looters , after may 29th na kirikiri una go enter....
Re: We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN by bal4real: 9:15pm On Feb 17, 2023
Abufaisal001:
Why causing confusion for people, some banks also claim that they have started collecting the old naira note
No one is causing confusion. U are the one who's confused. Simply go the banks that claim they've started collecting old naira notes and deposit your old naira notes with u period.
Re: We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN by Luckysbab: 9:19pm On Feb 17, 2023
searchlight:
The main priority is to stop Tinubu no matter who wins. We told you that you don't know politics but you said you are the masters. Let's see how Tinubu will be president.

You must really feel like one who has a million Naira cash at hand right now.
Re: We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN by Obrigardo: 9:30pm On Feb 17, 2023
Georgry:
grin

Now it's crystal clear this was done to weed out or stop some hideous elements for having a one dunk on each other.
This is not a fight against good and evil, these people are all evil fighting their own agendas, fork the masses. So sorry for nigeria.

The banks will now monitor your deposit and screen your bvn. Hmmmm Who needs that data?
Re: We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN by Naijatalkies(m): 9:39pm On Feb 17, 2023
What's all this confusion ffgs
Re: We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN by nairamaniac: 11:01pm On Feb 17, 2023
Olarewaju89:
[img][/img] grin

This country is full of series of drama from different angle grin

By the time my daughter grow up, I will definitely see a story to tell her.

We move again.

These experiences we pass thru would never be good stories to tell your kids or aid their growth&knowledge.

Its truly traumatic. And may hunt their minds.
Re: We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN by DeOTR: 12:15am On Feb 18, 2023
greatiyk4u:
My question is will Tinubu die if he doesn't become the president?

Why manipulating the media to cause panic and confusion everywhere?

The desperation is becoming embarrassing to every sane minded Nigerians
It's also Tinubu that created a CBN page for cash deposit with Commercial Banks right? Just dey play
Re: We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN by Ken4Christ: 5:59am On Feb 18, 2023
Jack500:
Wahala! Wahala!! Wahala!!! In portable voice

Power play ongoing.

Interesting movie 😀😁

The Cabals vs The Cartels shocked wink
Re: We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN by press9jatv: 7:21am On Feb 18, 2023
Nice response from cbn here
Re: We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN by maasoap(m): 12:48pm On Feb 18, 2023
Zarzah:
While eating a plate of gazelle gagaraga, I saw this on the news, Sharply nobody told me to go and deposit my money in the bank hall different from bulaba......

This Nigeria vs Nigeria match is really interesting.

Even the Nairaland resident urchins are distancing themselves from Buhari......

To be an Urchin this period is not easy, imagine waking up every morning and you have to choose between Buhari and Tinubu.

But Zombiedients have agreed that Buhari is now their new adopted father. Or, no be Zombiedients dey hail Buhari and Emefiele since the beginning of this policy? Even your Lord and saviour, Saint Peter Obi called the policy the best thing to happen to Nigeria. grin grin grin
Re: We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 18, 2023
Re: We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN by Seunpaul01(m): 11:06pm On Feb 18, 2023
Freebills12:
[color=#770077][/color]

Nobody is playing with you or taking you as a fool. CBN is saying that up-to 2 trillion Naria is still in the hands of people mainly politicians. These money are not in bank, or are they being used for transaction, in order to save Nigeria redesigning Naira at this election period is the only way out. It will prompt them to bring it out and deposit it. And also CBN is not ready to give them such amount now in new note, hence they are curtailing vote buying. It is painful but it's only for the period of election. All these governors and presidential candidate fighting for old notes are doing so because of their stored old notes in their ware houses.

Is it today? Politicians in Nigeria have been storing money as far as one could remember. From what you said, so if they come and deposit it, how would that help the economy. How does this naira recolor help the wretched economy.

Do you think the change of Naira is the best way to curtail vote buying. When does a financial institution becomes a law enforcement agency. If they know there are people keeping tonnes of money they could not account for, why didn't they just faces it head on and bring them out. You said CBN is not ready to give them such amount in new note now which means they will give them later, right. How does that stop them from future act of storing cash they can't account for in their house.

What do you think happened to majority of first batch of new notes CBN dished out. Bro, don't be surprised that new notes will be shared on election day. These same politicians bargain with bank managers to have their money changed. How do you think they got such huge cash which CBN is trying to make irrelevant now, how do you think they got it in the first place. When you promised bank manager to get 30m out of 100m you want to change, as a bank manager would you turn that down.

Recolor of New naira was a rush, biased decision that have little to no effect on the economy. It only make life hard for Nigerians. But who cares, they will endure and move on and forget it all with time. And so it goes in Nigeria, we keep going in circle with terrible way of governance.
Re: We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN by Freebills12: 7:27am On Feb 20, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
Seunpaul01:

Is it today? Politicians in Nigeria have been storing money as far as one could remember. From what you said, so if they come and deposit it, how would that help the economy. How does this naira recolor help the wretched economy.

Do you think the change of Naira is the best way to curtail vote buying. When does a financial institution becomes a law enforcement agency. If they know there are people keeping tonnes of money they could not account for, why didn't they just faces it head on and bring them out. You said CBN is not ready to give them such amount in new note now which means they will give them later, right. How does that stop them from future act of storing cash they can't account for in their house.

What do you think happened to majority of first batch of new notes CBN dished out. Bro, don't be surprised that new notes will be shared on election day. These same politicians bargain with bank managers to have their money changed. How do you think they got such huge cash which CBN is trying to make irrelevant now, how do you think they got it in the first place. When you promised bank manager to get 30m out of 100m you want to change, as a bank manager would you turn that down.

Recolor of New naira was a rush, biased decision that have little to no effect on the economy. It only make life hard for Nigerians. But who cares, they will endure and move on and forget it all with time. And so it goes in Nigeria, we keep going in circle with terrible way of governance.

This Naira recolour will help our economy immensely. Are you aware that Boko Haram are greatly affected by this scheme to the extent that they are giving out their old notes of which they can't access to new Naira.
Economically, are you not aware that banks grant loans, trillions of Naria stored in one place how is helping our economy? Loans from the banks are used for business... Grains and interest are made from them.
Naira redesign is one of the ways of fighting vote buying, since they can't have access to it, they can't buy vote. CBN is working with EFCC, ICPC and other law enforcement to fight crime, since it has to do with money they are involved.
Bargaining with bank managers is not ruled out but the amount of new notes produced is limited. CBN is working towards making the country a cashless community with limited 500 & 1000 notes. I am telling you it's one of the avenues of stabilising our economy.
Our constitution demands that Naira should be redesign every five years but its over 10 ten's now.
Re: We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN by Seunpaul01(m): 10:20am On Feb 20, 2023
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

This Naira recolour will help our economy immensely. Are you aware that Boko Haram are greatly affected by this scheme to the extent that they are giving out their old notes of which they can't access to new Naira.
Economically, are you not aware that banks grant loans, trillions of Naria stored in one place how is helping our economy? Loans from the banks are used for business... Grains and interest are made from them.
Naira redesign is one of the ways of fighting vote buying, since they can't have access to it, they can't buy vote. CBN is working with EFCC, ICPC and other law enforcement to fight crime, since it has to do with money they are involved.
Bargaining with bank managers is not ruled out but the amount of new notes produced is limited. CBN is working towards making the country a cashless community with limited 500 & 1000 notes. I am telling you it's one of the avenues of stabilising our economy.
Our constitution demands that Naira should be redesign every five years but its over 10 ten's now.

These are short term effects. Recolor of naira now is not the beginning of cashless policy. Cashless policy has been in place for a long time before now and it can never be 80% infact 50% effectual in the nation because, first Nigeria still have high rate of uneducated people and secondly it is still one of the poorest country in the world.
And where in the Constitution does it say naira should be redesign in 5yrs? I'm afraid, it's not the same constitution that I know. Infact, what we have in the new naira is not a redesign but a recolor. If you understand what redesign means you won't ague on this because we are still with the old design. Just debate on the factual points I raised earlier. This points of yours does not justify CBN misdeeds and terrible implementation of policy.
Re: We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN by Freebills12: 11:59am On Feb 20, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
Seunpaul01:

These are short term effects. Recolor of naira now is not the beginning of cashless policy. Cashless policy has been in place for a long time before now and it can never be 80% infact 50% effectual in the nation because, first Nigeria still have high rate of uneducated people and secondly it is still one of the poorest country in the world.
And where in the Constitution does it say naira should be redesign in 5yrs? I'm afraid, it's not the same constitution that I know. Infact, what we have in the new naira is not a redesign but a recolor. If you understand what redesign means you won't ague on this because we are still with the old design. Just debate on the factual points I raised earlier. This points of yours does not justify CBN misdeeds and terrible implementation of policy.

Cashless policy I raised is just one of the advantages of this redesign of Naira. Earlier before now, people rarely use mobile transfer but the its usage in this short period of time has risen up-to 80%. Many businesses have provided themselves with one even market women, I talking with particular reference to south east. Even in European countries, they still make use of cash but cash in circulation is minimal. Difficult for politicians to starch money in their ware houses. This is one the project of this redesign of Naira note.
You have now make it clear to me that you are from south west, what you understand by redesign? Both old note and new note are they the same? You don't have any argument on that, you are just following the senseless argument by El Rufia. To redesign is to effect a change in already existing structure.
5-8 years for redesign of any currency do your research. I will not say much on it.
You didn't raise any factual point, I was expecting you to argue on main point which is economy. If you have agreed that this redesign will prompt politicians like Tinubu who starched billions of Naira notes in his ware houses waiting for election, in order to use them for vote buying... That he will gentle submit them to CBN and boast the economy he is crippling.
Our arguments is on CBN in fighting to stop vote buying, improve economy because politicians like Tinubu will make their stolen money available, and cashless society... Don't turn into something else. I have seen how you are trying to change the narrative.
Re: We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN by Seunpaul01(m): 9:10pm On Feb 20, 2023
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

Cashless policy I raised is just one of the advantages of this redesign of Naira. Earlier before now, people rarely use mobile transfer but the its usage in this short period of time has risen up-to 80%. Many businesses have provided themselves with one even market women, I talking with particular reference to south east. Even in European countries, they still make use of cash but cash in circulation is minimal. Difficult for politicians to starch money in their ware houses. This is one the project of this redesign of Naira note.
You have now make it clear to me that you are from south west, what you understand by redesign? Both old note and new note are they the same? You don't have any argument on that, you are just following the senseless argument by El Rufia. To redesign is to effect a change in already existing structure.
5-8 years for redesign of any currency do your research. I will not say much on it.
You didn't raise any factual point, I was expecting you to argue on main point which is economy. If you have agreed that this redesign will prompt politicians like Tinubu who starched billions of Naira notes in his ware houses waiting for election, in order to use them for vote buying... That he will gentle submit them to CBN and boast the economy he is crippling.
Our arguments is on CBN in fighting to stop vote buying, improve economy because politicians like Tinubu will make their stolen money available, and cashless society... Don't turn into something else. I have seen how you are trying to change the narrative.

Scarcity of cash in the nation is an improvement on the economy to you. Issorite, wehdon sir. The last time I checked, inflation only kept adding up, even with the naira recolor. Dollar to naira have not appreciate even by 1% in the past few days. The country GDP only remains stagnant, just kept getting worse. Mr man, we all know the reason the naira was recolor is to avoid vote buying and I've argued that it's a wrong approach to curb vote buying. Please be realistic, it's not in any way to help survive or grow the economy. Let's have this election by weekend and see the results then you will understand how the approach is the wrong way to curb vote buying.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Onitsha New Shoprite..my Dope Swagg Pictures There..me And My Siblings.. / Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours / Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.