Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,385 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) (53792 Views)

See The Chicken I Bought 6k Today / The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? / The Christmas Chicken I Bought For N3,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Benrosaria(m): 6:41pm On Feb 18, 2023
if I can see la sein then this should be edo state
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Sucre6: 6:44pm On Feb 18, 2023
Lordofalmajiri:

Thanks so much.

Am glad I could help 😎

2 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Slynation(m): 6:45pm On Feb 18, 2023
Reinamaria:

Do you often take pictures of the food you eat?
If you do, why?
No I don't, I just had to snap and send to the person that I have received my order after much delay...

Modified...!!
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by mjuvey3: 6:46pm On Feb 18, 2023
I still don't know what most of you see in eating from fast food joints.

Their food are poor and tasteless while the chicken is high in cholesterol.

Most fast food joints in Nigeria cook concotion rice and call it jollof rice while their friend rice looks like curry rice.

Only thing I can buy from these fast food joints is snacks and drinks.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Reinamaria(f): 6:46pm On Feb 18, 2023
Slynation:
No I don't, I just had to snap and send to the person that I have received my order after much delay...

OK.
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Aboguede(m): 6:46pm On Feb 18, 2023
I guess this is ur Xmas and new year grin

destiny4luv:
Good day Nairalanders, so this morning I woke up very early to see a friend in order to conclude a deal with him. I was at his place before 6am and we spent over 2hours before concluding our deal. As I was driving back home I noticed I was hungry and the only thing that was on my mind to eat was jollof rice and chicken 🐔 🍗.

I called my wife and asked her how long will it take to prepare the jollof rice and chicken, she said at least three hours that she need to go get chicken that none is left in the refrigerator. I told her I can't wait that I have to branch an eatery, but she still got to prepare it, because it's my favourite food she said ok. She said I should just take bread and tea when I return why she make preparation for the meal that's what she and the kids took this morning. I said no, she knows I don't like taking bread and tea, I can't even remember the last time I took such. She said no wahala.

I branch one of the eateries and ordered for jollof rice and chicken the girl served it and I noticed it was small so I asked her to add to it she said that will be two portion I said no problem. I collected coke and water and asked how much she said 5k 5hundred. I was surprised, it's been a little bit long I ate at any eatery because 95% of food I eat (especially when in town) is from home, my wife is very good at cooking so it does not really make me fancy eating outside. A portion of rice #1500 (×2) chicken #2000, water and coke #500. Naija which way how the average man on the street go take survive nah?

Sorry for the long write up on top jollof rice and chicken matter grin. How is the eateries in ur location is it this expensive?
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Mrkumareze(m): 6:47pm On Feb 18, 2023
lereinter:

Funny comment

What can 1200 even do from now to Monday

Na when u lack 100 cash, that's when u ll know the worth. A bird at hand is worth millions in the bush

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by sonnie10: 6:49pm On Feb 18, 2023
Slynation:
I cannot eat jellof or fried rice without salad...

Where is the salad, Sir?
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by IamSolopy(m): 6:51pm On Feb 18, 2023
Odogwu 🤗
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Slynation(m): 6:52pm On Feb 18, 2023
sonnie10:

Where is the salad, Sir?
picx has been deleted 🌚
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by siofra(f): 6:53pm On Feb 18, 2023
Zonefree:
The rice and ofe akwu I ate this morning is sexier than this. After morning training, I entered one iya basira close to my area and exhausted my last surviving N1200. It's worth it sha.

All these big eateries are just over rated.

I knew it!!!

All these redpillers are broke and hungry. It's a pity! undecided
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Triplerg: 6:54pm On Feb 18, 2023
Beverages:
That's total 6500.
A Lil bit cost
How did you arrive at that figure?
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Fadafada231(m): 6:54pm On Feb 18, 2023
The one I bought yesterday at Genesis is 9k and is very small. 9k for only rice, chicken and ice cream. 9ja sha
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Nostring: 6:55pm On Feb 18, 2023
Pauldollars:
Eating at eateries is always quite a lot these days.
Even in Chicken Republic and others, its around the same price but may be a bit less.

Next time, branch at good moderate restaurants. The food at eateries are sometimes not as delicious as the ones in restaurants.
I dey tell u.. I just locate one near my office here this year,I dey enjoy am to the fullest... The money dose fancy eateries don collect from me ontop rice wey no go cook well sometimes, jollof go be like concoction, chicken go dey tasteless or get sugary taste , fraud Asun with plenty plenty onions like say man na Rabbit, beef wey no fresh... E.t.c don do undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by fadilaMaikiriki: 6:56pm On Feb 18, 2023
destiny4luv:
Good day Nairalanders, so this morning I woke up very early to see a friend in order to conclude a deal with him. I was at his place before 6am and we spent over 2hours before concluding our deal. As I was driving back home I noticed I was hungry and the only thing that was on my mind to eat was jollof rice and chicken 🐔 🍗.

I called my wife and asked her how long will it take to prepare the jollof rice and chicken, she said at least three hours that she need to go get chicken that none is left in the refrigerator. I told her I can't wait that I have to branch an eatery, but she still got to prepare it, because it's my favourite food she said ok. She said I should just take bread and tea when I return why she make preparation for the meal that's what she and the kids took this morning. I said no, she knows I don't like taking bread and tea, I can't even remember the last time I took such. She said no wahala.

I branch one of the eateries and ordered for jollof rice and chicken the girl served it and I noticed it was small so I asked her to add to it she said that will be two portion I said no problem. I collected coke and water and asked how much she said 5k 5hundred. I was surprised, it's been a little bit long I ate at any eatery because 95% of food I eat (especially when in town) is from home, my wife is very good at cooking so it does not really make me fancy eating outside. A portion of rice #1500 (×2) chicken #2000, water and coke #500. Naija which way how the average man on the street go take survive nah?

Sorry for the long write up on top jollof rice and chicken matter grin. How is the eateries in ur location is it this expensive?
I got mine for #4400. Turkey wing-1900, rice-700, yoghurt-1800.
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Reinamaria(f): 6:57pm On Feb 18, 2023
Fadafada231:
The one I bought yesterday at Genesis is 9k and is very small. 9k for only rice, chicken and ice cream. 9ja sha

You weren't ready to cook, so you paid to be cooked for,not just for the food.
When you buy food, you're also paying for the effort put into cooking that food.

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by yemzone(m): 6:58pm On Feb 18, 2023
Bon appetit.

Why the rice Kon dey enter my eye? Let me swap my beans with your rice. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by ChiefSupplier55(m): 6:59pm On Feb 18, 2023
Pauldollars:
Eating at eateries is always quite a lot these days.
Even in Chicken Republic and others, its around the same price but may be a bit less.

Next time, branch at good moderate restaurants. The food at eateries are sometimes not as delicious as the ones in restaurants.

Am telling you more cheaper and more delicious 😋
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Justiceleague1: 7:00pm On Feb 18, 2023
thechameleon ivartheMENTAL and his coneheaded structured element partner in afonja, wickedfacts gat no problems with this cos of ya salewa,iya elewa agoyin grin grin grin
The hotoroMental issa also cruising roadside mulikat alaamala ati ewedu grin grin
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Hassanmaye(m): 7:04pm On Feb 18, 2023
destiny4luv:

Everything in the north should not exceed 1300 Na your brothers there they make life difficult for you.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Gozzyzenith: 7:05pm On Feb 18, 2023
Eating out is quite expensive, if you have the time cook more often.

DM for your SOP,CV and study abroad interest.
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by 08064978510(m): 7:07pm On Feb 18, 2023
Lols 😂 what is expensive in chicken republic food, oga spend this money ooo or else na ur next of kin go lavish ham

2 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by nedekid: 7:08pm On Feb 18, 2023
Omo, this is fraud. Which yeye eatery is this one? Can it be better than tfc?
Tfc wount cost you 5k for this and you will be eating something better from a known brand.

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Piptocoin: 7:08pm On Feb 18, 2023
Jennyclay:
whoo whooo whooo whooo shame!!! Broke man!!! You've disgraced yourself again. You don't even have money!!

Mr Nobody, Mr nothing, Mr Brooklyn.

Shame!!!

Lol. Nawa o. Be calming down.
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by aylipple: 7:11pm On Feb 18, 2023
Funny when Baba said "how average man on the street wan take survive?"
First of all, the "average" man won't go into an overpriced eatery & order for two portions of what ever it's they fancy when Mama Chinedu is just around one corner with fufu/garri & bitter leaf mixed with egusi & two ponmo/beef/goat meat for a little under N1,000 with free "pure water" to wash it down. Or is it Iya Barakat where three scoops of steaming amala with ewedu mixed with gbegiri & omi obe with roundabout, saki & "towel" will go down with less than N1,000?
Oga, na you carry yourself go where your pocket reach, no dey cry on behalf of "average" men & women; no be dem send you message.
Meanwhile, did that rice taste nice coz if it's by what I'm seeing, e no go sweet at all.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Olodo24: 7:11pm On Feb 18, 2023
The rice doesn't even look good. They should have garnished it with some vegetables. Way overpriced
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by nedekid: 7:12pm On Feb 18, 2023
Jennyclay:
whoo whooo whooo whooo shame!!! Broke man!!! You've disgraced yourself again. You don't even have money!!

Mr Nobody, Mr nothing, Mr Brooklyn.

Shame!!!
So because he ate correct food with good value at 1200, that means he is broke?
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Antoeni(m): 7:14pm On Feb 18, 2023
Please invite FFK

2 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Osariemen12: 7:15pm On Feb 18, 2023
I bet that eatery is in Port Harcourt, Benin City or any other city in eastern Nigeria. You can't see hygienic water as La Sien in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by phemmyfour: 7:15pm On Feb 18, 2023
destiny4luv:

Why coke and water. No joy to the body with coke
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by shantti(m): 7:16pm On Feb 18, 2023
Zonefree:

I don ever tell you say I get money before undecided

Nairaland nuisance!

Bro do u know jennyclay is giving u greenlight
She really likes u, forget all her attacks. Give her a chance

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Antelope, Python, Porcupines, Guinea Fowls Killed By Hunters In Nasarawa (Photos / Snake Killed And Cooked At Corpers' Lodge In Cross River State (Photos) / Dog Lovers Call Out Hilda Baci & Influencer Enioluwa For Eating Dog Meat (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.