Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,551 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) (53776 Views)

See The Chicken I Bought 6k Today / The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? / The Christmas Chicken I Bought For N3,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by chiefolododo(m): 8:05pm On Feb 18, 2023
Kharol1234:
Na chicken be that abi buns?
I no notice oo, it looks like buns

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Kharol1234: 8:09pm On Feb 18, 2023
chiefolododo:
I no notice oo, it looks like buns
maybe na chicken mix with flour grin
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Menclothing: 8:11pm On Feb 18, 2023
Cravings accomplish lolz

1 Like

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by lereinter(m): 8:22pm On Feb 18, 2023
Mrkumareze:

Na when u lack 100 cash, that's when u ll know the worth. A bird at hand is worth millions in the bush

Lolzzzzz

Abi

But I will not lack 100 cash

2 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by seanwilliam(m): 8:22pm On Feb 18, 2023
Sucre6:

Freshly squeezed fruit juice is healthy and not a soda but buying and drinking the ones in packs isn't healthy, considering the preservatives and sugar contents, yoghurt too is cool, but must be taken in moderation and periodically, don't make it a habit

What of tea( peak and milo)
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Knows12(m): 8:24pm On Feb 18, 2023
destiny4luv:
Good day Nairalanders, so this morning I woke up very early to see a friend in order to conclude a deal with him. I was at his place before 6am and we spent over 2hours before concluding our deal. As I was driving back home I noticed I was hungry and the only thing that was on my mind to eat was jollof rice and chicken 🐔 🍗.

I called my wife and asked her how long will it take to prepare the jollof rice and chicken, she said at least three hours that she need to go get chicken that none is left in the refrigerator. I told her I can't wait that I have to branch an eatery, but she still got to prepare it, because it's my favourite food she said ok. She said I should just take bread and tea when I return why she make preparation for the meal that's what she and the kids took this morning. I said no, she knows I don't like taking bread and tea, I can't even remember the last time I took such. She said no wahala.

I branch one of the eateries and ordered for jollof rice and chicken the girl served it and I noticed it was small so I asked her to add to it she said that will be two portion I said no problem. I collected coke and water and asked how much she said 5k 5hundred. I was surprised, it's been a little bit long I ate at any eatery because 95% of food I eat (especially when in town) is from home, my wife is very good at cooking so it does not really make me fancy eating outside. A portion of rice #1500 (×2) chicken #2000, water and coke #500. Naija which way how the average man on the street go take survive nah?

Sorry for the long write up on top jollof rice and chicken matter grin. How is the eateries in ur location is it this expensive?
very expensive.. abeg bro can u buy mama taiwo food for my area.. Man never eat since morning abeg..
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Suleiman45(m): 8:27pm On Feb 18, 2023
U won commit suicide
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by RichAbujaGuy: 8:30pm On Feb 18, 2023
Sucre6:
Op you are not doing yourself good eating rice and soda the combination is unhealthy.

good info, high fructose corn syrup or sugar in many soft drinks are more addictive than hard drugs leading to calorie loading and obesity, and phosphoric acid flushes the skeleton system of calcium and other vital minerals.

2 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by 1stmojisola(m): 8:33pm On Feb 18, 2023
Omihanifa:
But the rice is much
Like the way I deh see am too 😂
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by destiny4luv(m): 8:34pm On Feb 18, 2023
oluseyiforjesus:
Cash or transfer

Cash dey the town? grin Transfer of course.

1 Like

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by destiny4luv(m): 8:38pm On Feb 18, 2023
sonofthunder:

You was not hungry, you was happy your deal pulled through

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by destiny4luv(m): 8:41pm On Feb 18, 2023
angelfallz:
What payment method did you use?

Transfer

2 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Sucre6: 8:45pm On Feb 18, 2023
seanwilliam:

What of tea( peak and milo)

Everything should be done in moderation, we also need daily calories for optimum performance but not too much of it, so u shouldn't make peak and milk a habit

2 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by destiny4luv(m): 8:46pm On Feb 18, 2023
Fadafada231:
The one I bought yesterday at Genesis is 9k and is very small. 9k for only rice, chicken and ice cream. 9ja sha

U don't mean it?😱

1 Like

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by destiny4luv(m): 8:51pm On Feb 18, 2023
aylipple:
Funny when Baba said "how average man on the street wan take survive?"
First of all, the "average" man won't go into an overpriced eatery & order for two portions of what ever it's they fancy when Mama Chinedu is just around one corner with fufu/garri & bitter leaf mixed with egusi & two ponmo/beef/goat meat for a little under N1,000 with free "pure water" to wash it down. Or is it Iya Barakat where three scoops of steaming amala with ewedu mixed with gbegiri & omi obe with roundabout, saki & "towel" will go down with less than N1,000?
Oga, na you carry yourself go where your pocket reach, no dey cry on behalf of "average" men & women; no be dem send you message.
Meanwhile, did that rice taste nice coz if it's by what I'm seeing, e no go sweet at all.

Mado.... grin grin grin. Ur post make me laugh. The rice was tasty.😋

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by destiny4luv(m): 8:52pm On Feb 18, 2023
Osariemen12:
I bet that eatery is in Port Harcourt, Benin City or any other city in eastern Nigeria. You can't see hygienic water as La Sien in Lagos.

Port-Hacourt.
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by destiny4luv(m): 8:55pm On Feb 18, 2023
OdefaGirl:
So now you know how prudent wifey is..... with the feeding money you always drop....

She deserves a hug

She truly deserve a hug, let me go hug 🤗 her now. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by JaskanFactor: 9:06pm On Feb 18, 2023
Exmilitant:
too many hassle over what to consume.
i was drinking a bottle of fearless one day, the lady i was witi started a 30 minutes lecture on the dangers of energy drinks to our system and advised i take coke instead.
Now you don come with coke. If coke is that dangerous, why is coca cola company still waxing stronger?

my understanding The danger for coke and fizzy drinks starts to get acute as you get older past 30s and you continue to regularly drink such stuff. Reports are these drinks are sending many middle aged people to hospital.

In Europe you hardly ever see coke on the supermarket shelfs anymore, cause most people have seen the YouTube videos where they see coke cleaning toilet bowl to a sparkling shine. And nobody wants thier insides cleaned out by coke by the time they are forty .

I hear the energy drinks are even worse than coke cause they also contain caffeine , which will lead to early unset of heart issues.

This is why doctors say, best to drink room temperature water cause even cold water is bad, after cold water then you have the fruit juice drinks apple juice, five alive cranberry juice etc , these still contain sugar in many cases , but are no where as bad as fizzy drinks.

And dont ask me why big companies are able to get away with murder, all i will tell you is this.

IF YOUR DOCTOR EVER GIVES YOU ANY MEDICATION , GO ON INTERNET TO GOOGLE NATURAL ALTERNATIVE, cause many if not most of the white chalk the doctors are giving out cause thier own problems. And you may ask why are doctors still in business, cause they get paid by those who make the drugs every time they recommend it to you.

And i never knew doctors are worst than prostitutes , until they recommend me pain killer that's likely to damage my stomach, when i could just have bought lots of raw ginger and ginger extracts as pain killer , which solved my problem.

If you are new to the world, here is news for you, dont trust anything in this very evi place, there are companies out there who make products to kill thier customers as part of thier ritual, like monster energy drink whose logo can be translated to 666.

When you wake up in the morning , dont forget, the current situation in our world is more akin to a horror movie , than what the late night news makes you feel. Cause even all those who read the news have to belong to a secret cult as part of their job.

And what do you want to say about tobacco companies that have killed billions and are still in business, are you starting to see the light.
Your safety in a world as evl as this is in your own hands, you cannot rely on the standards set by a horror show society .

If you want to adjust your daily life to suit the world, then assume we inside a horror movie, its the closest approximation i can come up with.

So which company you gona trust to put their stuff in your body, considering every company CEO needs to join a cult to get thier job too.

That is why doctors say, the only food or drink you can really trust in this world is something that has never been inside a factory, and its as simple as that. Educate yourself about the danger of processed food, so that you can give yourself a softer landing as you age.

This is why many people only eat meat/fish and vegetables and drink water. Its the only things that have not been inside factory.

In a normal world , most of the people in food and medical industry would be under arrest.

And if you took the jab for thier fake virus, fresh garlic on regular basis is advised to avoid blood cloth.

2 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by ashewoboy(m): 9:15pm On Feb 18, 2023
destiny4luv:
Good day Nairalanders, so this morning I woke up very early to see a friend in order to conclude a deal with him. I was at his place before 6am and we spent over 2hours before concluding our deal. As I was driving back home I noticed I was hungry and the only thing that was on my mind to eat was jollof rice and chicken 🐔 🍗.

I called my wife and asked her how long will it take to prepare the jollof rice and chicken, she said at least three hours that she need to go get chicken that none is left in the refrigerator. I told her I can't wait that I have to branch an eatery, but she still got to prepare it, because it's my favourite food she said ok. She said I should just take bread and tea when I return why she make preparation for the meal that's what she and the kids took this morning. I said no, she knows I don't like taking bread and tea, I can't even remember the last time I took such. She said no wahala.

I branch one of the eateries and ordered for jollof rice and chicken the girl served it and I noticed it was small so I asked her to add to it she said that will be two portion I said no problem. I collected coke and water and asked how much she said 5k 5hundred. I was surprised, it's been a little bit long I ate at any eatery because 95% of food I eat (especially when in town) is from home, my wife is very good at cooking so it does not really make me fancy eating outside. A portion of rice #1500 (×2) chicken #2000, water and coke #500. Naija which way how the average man on the street go take survive nah?

Sorry for the long write up on top jollof rice and chicken matter grin. How is the eateries in ur location is it this expensive?

You wrote more about your wife that the food you boughtcheesy. Be like say you dey enjoy your marriage. Abeg, make una marry better wifecheesy.
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Osariemen12: 9:22pm On Feb 18, 2023
destiny4luv:

Port-Hacourt.

Correct.

1 Like

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by ukpahu(m): 9:28pm On Feb 18, 2023
Zonefree:
The rice and ofe akwu I ate this morning is sexier than this. After morning training, I entered one iya basira close to my area and exhausted my last surviving N1200. It's worth it sha.

All these big eateries are just over rated.
don't ever call my name again "Akwu"
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by faithfull18(f): 9:31pm On Feb 18, 2023
This is expensive. Chicken lap isn't more than #1400 - #1500 at most, this is well expensive. That rice shouldn't be more than #1500 at most, in most eateries, a scoop is about #400 - #500, in mama put, it's #100- #200.

It's not Chinese rice, it's too expensive!
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Princemedico18: 9:31pm On Feb 18, 2023
2 portions of Rice with pepper 🌶 chicken 🐔 @ Chicken 🐔 Republic is Expensive?
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by jomarick(m): 9:31pm On Feb 18, 2023
Jennyclay:
whoo whooo whooo whooo shame!!! Broke man!!! You've disgraced yourself again. You don't even have money!!

Mr Nobody, Mr nothing, Mr Brooklyn.

Shame!!!
someone said he spent #1200 on food and u called him broke, you just displayed one of the attributes of 0losh0 undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by godofuck231: 9:32pm On Feb 18, 2023
destiny4luv:

next Time your wife wan go market , use two hand de give her money , she no d3 find am easy , try de add some extra for her inconvenience or else fast food go finish you in 6 months , de do well o

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by mechanics(m): 9:39pm On Feb 18, 2023
It's expense o, a plate with chicken in my area is around ₦1,800 to ₦2,000 in a normal restaurant not like Mr Biggs.
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by ubee(m): 9:57pm On Feb 18, 2023
Don't worry yourself too much about the poster. He wasn't cheated. He's telling lies. There's quite a number of them here in Nairaland that come on here to concoct fairytales to paint a picture about themselves.
FarahAideed:
Even rice and grilled chicken in either foodie or blackbell lekki is not 5k ...Any restaurant that serves that kind water shouldn't sell rice and chicken 5k ..better check to see u weren't cheated
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by jibrilELsudan: 9:58pm On Feb 18, 2023
Jennyclay:
whoo whooo whooo whooo shame!!! Broke man!!! You've disgraced yourself again. You don't even have money!!

Mr Nobody, Mr nothing, Mr Brooklyn.

Shame!!!

ODE LIKE SEY YOU NO DEY SELL YOUR ROTTEN EXPIRED KUKUNASE FOR 1K

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by seanwilliam(m): 9:59pm On Feb 18, 2023
Sucre6:

Everything should be done in moderation, we also need daily calories for optimum performance but not too much of it, so u shouldn't make peak and milk a habit
thank you. for more than a month now I’ve stopped taking soda , juice, yoghurt and energy drinks.
I just want to be sure if tea does same damages to the body like those ones so I’ll discard it too.
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by angelfallz(m): 10:16pm On Feb 18, 2023
Did you have to wait for the transfer to confirm before eating or being served?
destiny4luv:

Transfer
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by destiny4luv(m): 10:53pm On Feb 18, 2023
ashewoboy:

You wrote more about your wife that the food you boughtcheesy. Be like say you dey enjoy your marriage. Abeg, make una marry better wifecheesy.

Of course I am enjoying my marriage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Antelope, Python, Porcupines, Guinea Fowls Killed By Hunters In Nasarawa (Photos / Dog Lovers Call Out Hilda Baci & Influencer Enioluwa For Eating Dog Meat (vid) / Snake Killed And Cooked At Corpers' Lodge In Cross River State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.