Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) (53794 Views)

See The Chicken I Bought 6k Today / The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? / The Christmas Chicken I Bought For N3,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by nedekid: 7:19pm On Feb 18, 2023
Lordofalmajiri:

Is fruit juice and yoghurt soda ?
Soda is carbonated stuff, eg sprite, coke, Fanta etc, all those ones you shake and gas comes out.

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Soylife(m): 7:26pm On Feb 18, 2023
Sucre6:

Freshly squeezed fruit juice is healthy and not a soda but buying and drinking the ones in packs isn't healthy, considering the preservatives and sugar contents, yoghurt too is cool, but must be taken in moderation and periodically, don't make it a habit
Yoghurt is very healthy,i take it almost everyday as of last year. Especially the ones that contain probiotics

2 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Sucre6: 7:27pm On Feb 18, 2023
Soylife:

Yoghurt is very healthy,i take it almost everyday as of last year. Especially the ones that contain probiotics

Lols, of cos it is, but that doesn't mean u won't moderate your intake of yoghurt, it's proteins and since the body system body cant store protein, it advice u take it moderately, so it won't cos u harm

2 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Ashirioluwa: 7:28pm On Feb 18, 2023
@destiny4luv

What a way to burn money! There's nothing like home-made food: fresh, quality, and cheap compared to eating in restaurants.

2 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Soylife(m): 7:30pm On Feb 18, 2023
Sucre6:

Lols, continue taking it, them no dey tell man 😅
I can agree that coke is bad but yoghurts are very healthy,they contain bacterias that have a lot of function in the human body.

2 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Rexymania(m): 7:31pm On Feb 18, 2023
Omihanifa:
But the rice is much

For 3k? Are you kidding?

1 Like

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by nedekid: 7:32pm On Feb 18, 2023
Reference:

But you are the type that will justify government incessant borrowing saying other countries do same without relating the borrowings to inflation and inflation to the cost of your beloved jollof rice.l simply because such borrowings have not spurred any sort of real productivity.

And economics 101 says productivity is what keeps inflation in check.

Nigerians, citizens of this country and the famous common man, over time and because of gross suffering will learn the ropes of national development, the do's and don'ts of how nations are built and run successfully, and most importantly who they will vote to lead them in taking qualitative but critical decisions that affect all.

Right now the people suffer due to wide spread ignorance. They cannot understand why they are in dire straits, cannot relate their electoral choices to their democratic experiences.
What has this got to do with the man buying and eating rice weh cost?
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by CaptainFM1: 7:33pm On Feb 18, 2023
All the fast food eateries will soon lose out to mama put las las because many Nigerians will not be able to afford them again.

2 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by OdefaGirl(f): 7:34pm On Feb 18, 2023
So now you know how prudent wifey is..... with the feeding money you always drop....

She deserves a hug

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by chukwuibuipob: 7:34pm On Feb 18, 2023
I and ur father are age mate
kereman1:

So u are married, and your comments reeks of that of a teenager

1 Like

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Sucre6: 7:34pm On Feb 18, 2023
Soylife:

I can agree that coke is bad but yoghurts are very healthy,they contain bacterias that have a lot of function in the human body.

Lols, of cos it is, but that doesn't mean u won't moderate your intake of yoghurt, it's proteins and since the body system body cant store protein, it advice u take it moderately, so it won't cos u harm

1 Like

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by ObosiUkwalla: 7:36pm On Feb 18, 2023
post=121021230:
Nothing like cooking in your kitchen and have a good meal at home....

From the Kitchen of [b]dem MANNA[/b] this beautiful Saturday.....

All of the below no pass #2100,
And e still remain inside pot yakata

No body asked u all these nonsense. We don't want to know

2 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by zakkxx: 7:37pm On Feb 18, 2023
You better start appreciating your wife! Now u see the money she has been saving for u

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Soylife(m): 7:39pm On Feb 18, 2023
Sucre6:

Lol,it is alright,i agree with you. I just like discussing things concerning health and learning more
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Prosperity4All: 7:44pm On Feb 18, 2023
destiny4luv:

I branch one of the eateries and ordered for jollof rice and chicken the girl served it and I noticed it was small so I asked her to add to it she said that will be two portion I said no problem. I collected coke and water and asked how much she said 5k 5hundred. I was surprised, it's been a little bit long I ate at any eatery because 95% of food I eat (especially when in town) is from home, my wife is very good at cooking so it does not really make me fancy eating outside. A portion of rice #1500 (×2) chicken #2000, water and coke #500. Naija which way how the average man on the street go take survive nah?

Sorry for the long write up on top jollof rice and chicken matter grin. How is the eateries in ur location is it this expensive?
Port-Harcourt man, only you chop N5k. Imagine that rice that is still not looking like a plate, going for N3k without meat, how will a family of 4 survive

2 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by kitken: 7:45pm On Feb 18, 2023
Cus of jollof n chicken u come write this long tin. Na wa o
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by matthewkotin41(m): 7:46pm On Feb 18, 2023
Bro, calculate how much you’ll spend on three square meal for a month. This is not sustainable

1 Like

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Bahamas95(m): 7:46pm On Feb 18, 2023
Why didn't you just exercise patience and eat home made food instead of this rubbish?...... Even the chicken is like akara.

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by deltateam: 7:47pm On Feb 18, 2023
destiny4luv:
Good day Nairalanders, so this morning I woke up very early to see a friend in order to conclude a deal with him. I was at his place before 6am and we spent over 2hours before concluding our deal. As I was driving back home I noticed I was hungry and the only thing that was on my mind to eat was jollof rice and chicken 🐔 🍗.

I called my wife and asked her how long will it take to prepare the jollof rice and chicken, she said at least three hours that she need to go get chicken that none is left in the refrigerator. I told her I can't wait that I have to branch an eatery, but she still got to prepare it, because it's my favourite food she said ok. She said I should just take bread and tea when I return why she make preparation for the meal that's what she and the kids took this morning. I said no, she knows I don't like taking bread and tea, I can't even remember the last time I took such. She said no wahala.

I branch one of the eateries and ordered for jollof rice and chicken the girl served it and I noticed it was small so I asked her to add to it she said that will be two portion I said no problem. I collected coke and water and asked how much she said 5k 5hundred. I was surprised, it's been a little bit long I ate at any eatery because 95% of food I eat (especially when in town) is from home, my wife is very good at cooking so it does not really make me fancy eating outside. A portion of rice #1500 (×2) chicken #2000, water and coke #500. Naija which way how the average man on the street go take survive nah?

Sorry for the long write up on top jollof rice and chicken matter grin. How is the eateries in ur location is it this expensive?

Who send you?
#3000 is their profit.

2 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by teacherbim(f): 7:48pm On Feb 18, 2023
I eat out once in a while just to change taste

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Lobotomy02: 7:49pm On Feb 18, 2023
destiny4luv:
Good day Nairalanders, so this morning I woke up very early to see a friend in order to conclude a deal with him. I was at his place before 6am and we spent over 2hours before concluding our deal. As I was driving back home I noticed I was hungry and the only thing that was on my mind to eat was jollof rice and chicken 🐔 🍗.

I called my wife and asked her how long will it take to prepare the jollof rice and chicken, she said at least three hours that she need to go get chicken that none is left in the refrigerator. I told her I can't wait that I have to branch an eatery, but she still got to prepare it, because it's my favourite food she said ok. She said I should just take bread and tea when I return why she make preparation for the meal that's what she and the kids took this morning. I said no, she knows I don't like taking bread and tea, I can't even remember the last time I took such. She said no wahala.

Poverty jollof rice and chicken for how much? Smh.
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by deltateam: 7:49pm On Feb 18, 2023
Pauldollars:
Eating at eateries is always quite a lot these days.
Even in Chicken Republic and others, its around the same price but may be a bit less.

Next time, branch at good moderate restaurants. The food at eateries are sometimes not as delicious as the ones in restaurants.

Very true! I have once eaten at an expensive eatery. The chicken was watery.

I couldn't even compare it to a normal restaurant. It was a huge rip off.

1 Like

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by udomma1005(m): 7:50pm On Feb 18, 2023
Jennyclay:
whoo whooo whooo whooo shame!!! Broke man!!! You've disgraced yourself again. You don't even have money!!

Mr Nobody, Mr nothing, Mr Brooklyn.

Shame!!!
Tantrums of a who.. re...... Ashe... wo😏

1 Like

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by greggng: 7:50pm On Feb 18, 2023
destiny4luv:

Pls learn to eat at home . I have witness twice rat invading those eatery food . They are not hygienic....
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by deltateam: 7:52pm On Feb 18, 2023
Jennyclay:
Go and read his comment again, then you will understand. He's a broke man

So? You are too shallow.

1 Like

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Amayabor1: 7:52pm On Feb 18, 2023
Sucre6:

Rice is starch which can be stored as glucose and converted to sugar in your system if you don't sweat it out or convert the glucose to energy to do work, plus soda contains alot of sugar, with benzoic bleach ad other chemicals that would hurt your system and mess up your sex life because too much sugar injected in the system could lead to diabetes and obesity in the long run,

Quit soda, drink plenty of water instead, hit the gym ones in a while to sweat out that excess sugar, u will thank me later, replace the soda with water next time, it will make u look fresh and younger.

You tried, but note the following;

1. Carbohydrates like rice are broken down to glucose. The body uses the glucose. Excess glucose is stored as glycogen.

2. Excess sugar doesn't cause Diabetes.

2 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by deltateam: 7:53pm On Feb 18, 2023
Nonexisting1:
Ask for your money back.

You want them to knock him spoon?
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by Zico777(m): 7:59pm On Feb 18, 2023
destiny4luv:

Why do u think he his broke?
I want to believe she asked him for some money & he turned her down.

2 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by DisLifeSha: 8:03pm On Feb 18, 2023
The carbohydrate combination is too much

Sucre6:
Op you are not doing yourself good eating rice and soda the combination is unhealthy.
Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by sync(f): 8:03pm On Feb 18, 2023
Next time listen to your wife

1 Like

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by GodShowmemercy(f): 8:03pm On Feb 18, 2023
Jennyclay:
whoo whooo whooo whooo shame!!! Broke man!!! You've disgraced yourself again. You don't even have money!!

Mr Nobody, Mr nothing, Mr Brooklyn.

Shame!!!

you are disgu*sting

2 Likes

Re: Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) by gaddafe(m): 8:05pm On Feb 18, 2023
destiny4luv:

Did I read it correctly or am I going blind? You are asking how the average man on the street go take survive... ? Bro, you are not an average man. An average Nigerian don't eat in eateries. You carry bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Antelope, Python, Porcupines, Guinea Fowls Killed By Hunters In Nasarawa (Photos / Snake Killed And Cooked At Corpers' Lodge In Cross River State (Photos) / Dog Lovers Call Out Hilda Baci & Influencer Enioluwa For Eating Dog Meat (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.