Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:11 AM

Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala (6023 Views)

Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega / Breaking News! Rivers State Government House Is Being Attacked By Ogoni Youths! / Tinubu’s Record Trumps His Detractors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by HighChief4(m): 9:10pm On Sep 12, 2011
^^^Pls tell that to Kobojunkie
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by Theblessed(f): 9:18pm On Sep 12, 2011
[b][size=16pt]
Anyone can believe the dead on here, if they wish!

The wicked are only ploughing to uproot Ngozi so that they continue with their evil ways - but they shall not succeed unless, this Administration was not ordered by God - it is God's will, and his will must be done in Jesus Name, Amen!!  

The word of God told us in Psalm, 'The wicked draw the sword, and bend the bow, to bring down the poor and needy, and to slay those whose ways are upright. But their swords will pierce their own hearts, and their bows will be broken', (Psalm 37 v. 14 -15).  

So Ngozi, 'do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army attacking you.  For the battle is not yours, but Gods (2 Chronicles 20 v. 15)  Therefore sit tight lady, and watch your victory over the enemy!!! grin grin grin

Afterall, who's on that CHAIR? It's still Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and not all these block heads on here spewing out their wickedness of heart!  

Demoncracy demands transparency and accountability in all areas of government dealings, and I support that.  If Ngozi is found guilty of malpractice as alleged which in my view, are nothing but wicked smears by enemies of progress, lying in wait and setting their wicked traps to discredit her then, she must face the consequencies, as no one is above the law. 

However, if innocent after this trial by the media (of course, she is innocent!), and Ngozi is still sitting tight on that CHAIR, you should all eat your own pooooooooh and die! Shame on you lot!!!! 

You're the evil dragging our Country back and the Lord will cut off, the wicked! (Psalm 37, read all and see what God proposed for the wicked/evil people).  The wicked should remember that, 'the word of God is living and active, sharper than any double-edge sword, it penetrates --- it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart (Heb 4 v.12).  

I'll leave you all, to chew on that.  sad sad
[/size][/b]
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by BetaThings: 9:32pm On Sep 12, 2011
ayusco:

don't know okonjo-iweala from adam but as regards the wikileaks 'disclosure' isn't it curious that it just now when she's back in govt that these accusations are surfacing? looking at the actual leak all it says is that she did this awarded that which any numbskull on the street can do instead we get no clear evidence or paper trail e.g so called brothers real name, bank account, documentation linking 'jon jon' to the finance ministry but what do we get? nothing. nada. zilch. personally if no one can back up this accusation against Dr. Ngozi with hard verifiable facts they should just zip it. if the accusations(which i doubt) are proven to be true i will be first to call for her resignation

This is not about Iweala. Go back to the source. The cables are memos written by American ambassadors to their home countries. They are usually based on discussions with top govt officials or based on observations, local news items etc
They are supposed to be confidential but were stolen and handed over to wikileaks
Now numerous countries are involved as long as the american ambassador is filing reports and those reports are in the batch stolen from US govt, then it will surface
When they started releasing them, Hilary Clinton has to go round the world to apologise to people hurt by US ambassadors's reports
Wiki.leaks itself says it is a victim of hacking attack and decided to release ALL the cable
The one you know is likely to be the one affecting Nigeria ie those filed by american ambassador to Nigeria in 2996
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by Kobojunkie: 9:48pm On Sep 12, 2011
I am seriously having a hard time understanding why people are so dull here that[b] they cannot figure out that this is NOT about Iweala at all[/b]. Imagine grown up humans with voting rights ooo, making some of the illiterate connections that have been made so far?? I weep for this nation!
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by EkoIle1: 10:41pm On Sep 12, 2011
It's really safe to conclude that many Nigerians are sadly naive, ignorant and just dumb.
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by deenee: 11:48pm On Sep 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I am seriously having a hard time understanding why people are so dull here that[b] they cannot figure out that this is NOT about Iweala at all[/b]. Imagine grown up humans with voting rights ooo, making some of the illiterate connections that have been made so far?? I weep for this nation!

Can you explain the rationale behind the 'sweeping comment' quoted above? If it is not about Iweala, then what? We have developed a culture of 'witch hunting' in the name of fighting corruption and this is one of the reasons why the development we so much seek in Nigeria is 'akin to running on a treadmill'- moving but going nowhere in particular!

I don’t take any news that originates from ‘Sahara reporters’ serious because their ‘methods’ can be questioned.

As earlier mentioned, the source must be authenticated. The fact that, the report was among the cable supposedly sent by the 'US ambassador', as part of security documents doesn’t make it 100% genuine. What evidence do they have to back up the claim? I still maintain my stand, If there is an investigation and she is found guilty then she must face the music, but I will not buy into this idea of giving a 'dog a bad name just to hang it'. The hard but bitter truth is that a lot of people are not happy that she is back in Nigeria and occupying the post she has currently. That is one angle that should be explored (and I mean people in Nigeria; close to the seat of power and even abroad!)

She is way better than some of the public officer holders we have elected and I am not particularly impressed that you 'kobojunkie' are quick to label people and call them names. This is a public domain and free thread; hence people should feel free to express their opinions and should, ideally do this without any fear of reprimand. If you think that the views expressed herein don't 'hold water' then the best way to make others see 'reason' with your take on the subject matter, is to present your ideas in a logical manner and back them  with evidence that can be substantiated. BTW, I don’t think that you would do a ‘better job’ than her if given the opportunity. Nobody should be above the law but at the same time, the law should not be used to cause ‘distraction’ especially at this defining moment in our great country.
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by Kobojunkie: 12:01am On Sep 13, 2011
deenee:

Can you explain the rationale behind the 'sweeping comment' quoted above? If it is not about Iweala, then what? We have developed a culture of 'witch hunting' in the name of fighting corruption and this is one of the reasons why the development we so much seek in Nigeria is 'akin to running on a treadmill'- moving but going nowhere in particular!

I don’t take any news that originates from ‘Sahara reporters’ serious because their ‘methods’ can be questioned.

I am terribly sorry that you are deadly unable to see how this issue is NOT about Iweala, but about ensuring that IN ALL CASES, we SEARCH for TRUTH, no matter who is implicated

I am terribly sorry that you are unable to do simple research to realize that NONE of this ORIGINATED from Sahara Reporters-- Sahara Reporters is NOT WikiLeak, the organization 100% responsible for the leak.

All I can do at this point is apologize that you are unable to see beyond your already established bias in this.
deenee:

As earlier mentioned, the source must be authenticated. The fact that, the report was among the cable supposedly sent by the 'US ambassador', as part of security documents doesn’t make it 100% genuine. What evidence do they have to back up the claim? I still maintain my stand, If there is an investigation and she is found guilty then she must face the music, but I will not buy into this idea of giving a 'dog a bad name just to hang it'. The hard but bitter truth is that a lot of people are not happy that she is back in Nigeria and occupying the post she has currently. That is one angle that should be explored (and I mean people in Nigeria; close to the seat of power and even abroad!)

The Source of the document is NOT IN QUESTION. We know the source -- no further authentication necessary. Okonjo Iweala has CONFIRMED the information contained in the memo did circulate at some point during the time she was in government past. The U.S has NOT DENIED the authenticity of the MEMO. Please STOP!!!!

deenee:

She is way better than some of the public officer holders we have elected and I am not particularly impressed that you 'kobojunkie' are quick to label people and call them names. This is a public domain and free thread; hence people should feel free to express their opinions and should, ideally do this without any fear of reprimand. If you think that the views expressed herein don't 'hold water' then the best way to make other see 'reason' with your take on the subject matter, is to present your ideas in a logical manner and back them  with evidence that can be substantiated. BTW, I don’t think that you would do a ‘better job’ than her if given the opportunity. Nobody should be above the law but at the same time, the law should not be used to cause ‘distraction’ especially at this defining moment in our great country.
P.S-It pains me to say this but with this, I THINK, I HAVE A VERY ‘DIM VIEW’ OF YOU NOW!

I don't care about your personal misgivings or feelings of this woman. I will not go down that route with you as I have made sure to make it CLEAR even to this point, that I do not care about what any person chooses to think of her or anything of that sort. And I really don't give a flying bleep what you think of me. I just believe in Pursuing the truth no matter what. If that is hard for you, then goodluck. I choose to stand for truth ALL THE TIME.
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by udezue(m): 12:30am On Sep 13, 2011
Oliseburuwa gozie Okonjo Iweala!
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by deenee: 12:33am On Sep 13, 2011
@ kobojunkie. One question-who defines what the 'TRUTH' (that you passionately claim to pursue) is?.

Allegations have been labelled in the past no doubt, but the fact that the US has not denied these allegations does not mean that everything contained herein is the TRUTH! It also does not imply that  they have accepted all the contents of the 'alleged cable' . She has admitted that this same information has been circulated in the past but does that make it the TRUTH?. This is part of the sweeping generalization that you make which 'waters down' your 'take' on the matter.

Anyway I guess, I don't need to engage in a 'war of words' with you. So  from now,  I am a 'bemused spectactor' as far as this matter discussed on thread is concerned.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA even in the midst of our 'DETRACTORS' both home and abroad!
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by Kobojunkie: 12:42am On Sep 13, 2011
deenee:

@ kobojunkie. One question-who defines what the 'TRUTH' (that you passionately claim to pursue) is?.

If you do not know the answer to that question, then I suggest you stay away from discussion that REQUIRE you at least have a KNOWLEDGE of what truth is, in the context we operate in, and have, as a nation, since 1999. I mean it, stay away from that which is obvious too much for you to comprehend.
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by BetaThings: 3:58am On Sep 13, 2011
“regarding the claim that he possesses seven upscale properties in Abuja, he requests the talebearers at the American embassy to show him their location so that he can repossess them. The same reliance on malicious and unfounded rumours leads the American embassy to false reporting on the clean-up of Kubwa to avert flooding disasters"

This is from El-Rufai
Here he challenges the writer of the report - American Ambassador. These are possible
The ambassador might have been misled by El Rufai's detractors
The report might not have emanated from the ambassador in Nigeria then
Sahara reporter might have added some parts to the report or there might not have been a report on Iweala at all

But the procedure is not just to assume that the man-in-the-middle is to assume Sahara reporters cooked up the story
It is much more professional to challenge the author of the report which was stolen from the americans
or to demonstrate that the report is inconsistent or illogical

An Iweala saying she is under attack etc sounds pedestrian.
Yes, she might have been asked not to work for Jonathan, but she should not be giving political excuses
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by jpphilips(m): 7:43am On Sep 13, 2011
Nigerian mentality is a killer,'detractors' lol, she is better than the other thieves lol meaning she is a lesser evil lol, how i wish the police and judges will use same biased s.tupid minds in deciding the faith of ordinary Nigerians.
Question is: was Nigerian's debt negotiated through a contractor? Ans: yes
Was the contractor your brother by proxy? Ans yes
Was he paid 50million USD?
Ans: yes.
With her connections in WB, was it necessary to use a contractor? Let alone one whose world financial pedigree is less than yours?
Ans: NO
Does it contravene the law of the land? Ans: yes
What is it called ''corruption''
For the loser above suggesting she is a lesser evil,i laugh at ur gross s.tupidity 50million USD is a life changing money Nit witts
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by Kobojunkie: 12:18pm On Sep 13, 2011
jp philips:

Nigerian mentality is a killer,'detractors' lol, she is better than the other thieves lol meaning she is a lesser evil lol, how i wish the police and judges will use same biased s.tupid minds in deciding the faith of ordinary Nigerians.

Sad of it is the Nigerian police/justice system already does just that. Majority of those trying to play this down here out of bias, preaching that she is lesser evil just because they think it, complain when the Nigerian police/justice system handles them in the way they prescribe here.
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by peleson: 1:31pm On Sep 13, 2011
@kobojunkie: you have shown so MUCH vigor in presenting and supporting your argument. My questions are as follow
1) WHY  DID IT TAKE MORE THAN 5YRS TO BRING THIS ISSUE OUT?
2)DON'T YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE AFRAID THIS PRESENT ADMINISTRATION WILL FINALLY SUCCEED AGAINST ALL ODDS THAT YOU SO WISH IWEALA (CAPTAIN) BE GONE?
3) WHO IN NIGERIA AT THE MOMENT HAS SUCH PEDIGREE AND EXPOSURE TO HANDLE THE REFORM AGENDA AS IWEALA? AND IF NONE,
4)WHY CALLING FOR HER HEAD?
5)ARE YOUR INTERESTS ONLY TO BRING DOWN THIS ADMINISTRATION BECAUSE OF JONATHAN REGARDLESS OF HIS GOOD AND PRACTICAL REFORMS?IF YES,
5)WHICH OPTION DO YOU HAVE FOR THE NIGERIAN PEOPLE?

AM ENJOYING POWER SUPPLY IN MY AREA AND I HAVE NOT BOUGHT GAS POWER MY GEN 4 THE PAST 2MONTHS+. IF POWER IS GONE,IT COMES BACK IN NO TIME, SIMPLE

FOR ME,I THINK THIS ADMINISTRATION IS PRACTICAL AND THE VISION AND DIFFERENCE IS CLEAR,
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by Kobojunkie: 1:58pm On Sep 13, 2011
peleson:

@kobojunkie: you have shown so MUCH  vigor in presenting and supporting your argument. My questions are as follow
1) WHY  DID IT TAKE MORE THAN 5YRS TO BRING THIS ISSUE OUT?
2)DON'T YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE AFRAID THIS PRESENT ADMINISTRATION WILL FINALLY SUCCEED AGAINST ALL ODDS THAT YOU SO WISH IWEALA (CAPTAIN) BE GONE?
3) WHO IN NIGERIA AT THE MOMENT HAS SUCH PEDIGREE AND EXPOSURE TO HANDLE THE REFORM AGENDA AS IWEALA? AND IF NONE,
4)WHY CALLING FOR HER HEAD?
5)ARE YOUR INTERESTS ONLY TO BRING DOWN THIS ADMINISTRATION BECAUSE OF JONATHAN REGARDLESS OF HIS GOOD AND PRACTICAL REFORMS?IF YES,
5)WHICH OPTION DO YOU HAVE FOR THE NIGERIAN PEOPLE?  

I could not even get past reading your first question there, as it immediately dawned on me we have yet another UNINFORMED/ILL-INFORMED Nigerian come to try his MIGHT in here on an issue he has spent next to no time educating himself on, at least. There comes a point when one has to ask that you folks stop asking S_T_U_P_I_D questions. If at this point, you have no idea what the situation really is, and what the obvious answers o your mundane questions are, then my friend, you have no business even pretending you have what it takes to debate issues such as this one.

Engage your brain . . . the good Lord gave you a brain so you can USE IT  . . . "study to show yourself approved" that is an advice in the bible. I suggest you heed it in ALL things.
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by werepeLeri: 3:57pm On Sep 13, 2011
Why do these people not even known in the block they occupy think they know better than this woman known all over the world?

It beats me when a cockroach begin to teach an elephant what to do about size.

I laugh tire.

With all her achievements, you can not even talk where she is talking, yet, you spend all your days criticising her and telling her what to say.

LOL
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by manny4life(m): 5:27pm On Sep 13, 2011
Arguing with KOBO is just a waste of time; her previous post has numerously directed her attack to this woman as corrupt, yet she comes on here now like " the whole issue isn't about Iweala but about ensuring that IN ALL CASES, we SEARCH for TRUTH, no matter who is implicated". Arrant nonsense, her previous post has proved otherwise. How is she searching for the truth? By on countless post, referenced wikileaks as her "trusted and reliable source" or better yet claimed that Sahara reporters were not to be blame. If she's searching for the truth, why hasn't she asked about the validity of the information between Ambassador Sanders and her correspondence? Why hasn't she asked to see ### to dig out the truth? Please leave her alone, she's clueless and doesn't even know what she's arguing anymore.
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by peleson: 5:42pm On Sep 13, 2011
@Kobojunkie, your response has shown your kind, you blow your trumpet alot and most of them sound insulting and frustrating, why did it choose to leak now? if you are that smart,can you open your stinking buccal cavity and speak within her(ngozi) sphere of contact?

i will rather ignore the insults
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by Kobojunkie: 6:06pm On Sep 13, 2011
peleson:

@Kobojunkie, your response has shown your kind, you blow your trumpet alot and most of them sound insulting and frustrating, why did it choose to leak now? if you are that smart,can you open your stinking buccal cavity and speak within her(ngozi) sphere of contact?

i will rather ignore the insults

Again, QUIT with the silly questions. Go do your research on what happened. Stop reacting before taking time to ensure you understand what really took place. Trying to debate an issue you are not well informed on, only shows you are not ready for these kind of discussions. Simple!
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by lagosapple: 9:59pm On Sep 13, 2011
Could this be the problem with Ngozi? Is this writer right or wrong?

http://saharareporters.com/column/trouble-mrs-ngozi-okonjo-iweala-rudolf-ogoo-okonkwo
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by Ibime(m): 10:09pm On Sep 13, 2011
Okonjo should stop rabble-rousing.

The allegations were made in 2006 and published by Wikileaks in 2011. What does it have to do with GEJ detractors? GEJ did not have any detractors in 2006.
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by werepeLeri: 12:45pm On Sep 14, 2011
Ibime:

Okonjo should stop rabble-rousing.

The allegations were made in 2006 and published by Wikileaks in 2011. What does it have to do with GEJ detractors? GEJ did not have any detractors in 2006.

LOL- From the day you are born, you have detractors. Funny.
Re: Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On Sep 14, 2011
Yes, for Nigerians it is innate that we all have detractors . . . Detractors_Mandatory-R-US!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eid-el-fitr: CAN, DPC Felicitate With Muslims / See The Small Cars Lagos State Government Used To Replace Keke Napep (photos) / Senate To Screen Service Chiefs Behind Closed Doors Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.