Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,860 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters (5667 Views)

Borno APC Member Resigns From Presidential Campaign Council / Ahmadu Jaha: Boko Haram Occupying 8 Out Of 10 LGAs In Northern Borno - APC Rep / Kashim Bukar-Dalori, Kidnapped Son Of Borno APC Chairman Rescued. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by OddsDoc(f): 9:33pm On Feb 18, 2023
Thousands of supporters of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, on Saturday, stormed Maiduguri, the Borno state capital to attend a rally in support of its presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, and his running mate, Senator Kashim Shettima, a former governor of the state (2011 to 2019).

Tinubu and his team of the Presidential Campaign Council, PCC, led by the National Chairman of the APC, Senator Abdullahi Adamu, and the governor of Jigawa state, Alhaji Abubakar Badaru, who represented the Director General of the Campaign Team, Governor Simon Lalong, were at the Shehu of Borno’s palace as a first point of call.

His Eminence, Dr Abubakar Garbai Ibn Umar El-Kanemi, in his speech, thanked Tinubu and his entourage for the visit and prayed for smooth, credible, peaceful and successful campaigns and the subsequent election.

The royal father said that the visit was a sign of respect for the traditional council and called for improved security as well as rehabilitation of basic infrastructure.

He mentioned federal roads, electricity, resuscitation of the Lake Chad Basin Authority, resumption oil exploration at the Lake Chad Basin and recruitment of unemployed youths among others, if given the mandate.

Tinubu

Tinubu, before departing to the venue for the rally, thanked the traditional ruler for his blessings and pledged to give much attention to the traditional institutions across the country if elected President.

During the rally, the Governor of Jigawa state urged the people of the state to vote for Tinubu and Shettima and all other APC candidates in the next week’s general elections.

While addressing the mammoth crowd at the Elkanemi Sports Centre in Maiduguri, the presidential candidate, Tinubu, vowed to run a true government of the people by the people and for the people if elected in next Saturday’s election.

He reiterated that he would run a government of hard work, honesty and accountability in managing the country’s affairs.

“Borno people, I am very grateful to you all for turning out en masse to welcome us.

“If elected as your President, I promise to run a true government of the people by the people and for the people.

“I would run a government of hard work, honesty and accountability in managing the country’s affairs,” Tinubu said.

The party’s National Chairman, Abdullahi Adamu, also expressed delight at the turnout for the rally.

Expressing confidence on the ability of the party to win the election, Adamu said, “Nothing, apart from the will of God, will deprive us of victory in the election.”

Governor Babagana Zulum and Borno politics strongman, Ali Modu Sheriff, said it is payback time for the people of Borno State for Tinubu’s choice of Kashim Shettima as his running mate.

Sheriff, who observed that no Nigerian loves Borno more than Tinubu, recalled how Tinubu helped him to win his second-term governorship bid in 2007.

Zulum

Governor Zulum expressed confidence that “Tinubu would uphold the trust the people of Borno would repose in him by electing him president next Saturday.”

The vice presidential candidate, Senator Shettima in his address, expressed happiness for the large turn out.

He also pledged that when given the mandate by electing Tinubu as President, the lingering and much talked-about oil exploration along the Lake Chad Basin would be revisited.

According to him, resumption of the oil exploration in the region will not only generate income, but also provide job opportunities to the teaming youths and women in the state, and the North-East sub-region.

Earlier in his welcome remarks, the state APC Chairman, Ali Bukar Dalori, assured Tinubu that come Saturday, February 25, Borno people would vote APC candidates “from top to bottom”, considering the development strides put in place by former governor Shettima and his successor, Governor Zulum which cut across education, health, agriculture, poverty alleviation among others.

Roll call

Governors Abdullahi Ganduje, Mai Mala Buni, Muhammadu Badaru Abubakar, Inuwa Yahaya and Abdullahi Sule of Kano, Yobe, Jigawa, Gombe and Nassarawa states, Deputy Governor of Borno State, Umar Kadafur, Speaker Borno State House of Assemby, Abdulkarim Lawan, as well as several party stalwarts, including former Governors Ali Modu Sheriff, Maina Maaji Lawan, former Deputy Governors loyal to the party, APC candidates attended the rally.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/02/ill-run-govt-of-accountability-tinubu-tells-massive-apc-supporters-in-borno/amp/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by PrinceOfLagos: 9:35pm On Feb 18, 2023
A leopard never changes it's spot

Tinubu you're a thief

62 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by Naira20: 9:37pm On Feb 18, 2023
Kikikiki... A renowned thief run government of "accountability"?

Nothing wey Nigerians no go hear from this Oloriburuku

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by Ezeama400: 9:38pm On Feb 18, 2023
People that are very close to Tinubu are warning Nigerians how dangerous Tinubu Is, but some people that hardly feed 3 times a day are yet to understand...

Ask yourself why Fashola, Ambode and even Osibanjo are not passionate about Tinubu's presidency?

Tinubu is corruption personified!!

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by WibusJaga: 9:38pm On Feb 18, 2023

Someone that moved Bullion van & shared cash on eve of election should not be talking of Govt of Accountability. cool

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by Brendaniel: 9:38pm On Feb 18, 2023
And since 1999 you blocked the public from having access to Lagos state tax and revenue generation inflow and outflow, you enshrined your company alpha beta into the constitution of Lagos and protected it from public scrutiny with the same law, does that show accountability to the people of Lagos.

They say charity begins at home but Tinubu wants to start charity in Abuja.

Anyway Nigerians have chosen President Peter Obi(GCFR)

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by Urheadmaster(m): 9:39pm On Feb 18, 2023
Lagos state suppose hold tulubo accountable because of is criminally lifestyle tongue

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by Roboto11: 9:45pm On Feb 18, 2023
He did it in Lagos.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by Joevics(m): 9:48pm On Feb 18, 2023
Accountability my foot.
Lagos account hasn't been made public since you because governor, and your proteges fights anyone who tries to access these records using the FOI.

Lagosians only see the debt, but don't know how much is being generated.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by JoeNL22(m): 9:50pm On Feb 18, 2023
OddsDoc:
Thousands of supporters of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, on Saturday, stormed Maiduguri, the Borno state capital to attend a rally in support of its presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, and his running mate, Senator Kashim Shettima, a former governor of the state (2011 to 2019).

Tinubu and his team of the Presidential Campaign Council, PCC, led by the National Chairman of the APC, Senator Abdullahi Adamu, and the governor of Jigawa state, Alhaji Abubakar Badaru, who represented the Director General of the Campaign Team, Governor Simon Lalong, were at the Shehu of Borno’s palace as a first point of call.

His Eminence, Dr Abubakar Garbai Ibn Umar El-Kanemi, in his speech, thanked Tinubu and his entourage for the visit and prayed for smooth, credible, peaceful and successful campaigns and the subsequent election.

The royal father said that the visit was a sign of respect for the traditional council and called for improved security as well as rehabilitation of basic infrastructure.

He mentioned federal roads, electricity, resuscitation of the Lake Chad Basin Authority, resumption oil exploration at the Lake Chad Basin and recruitment of unemployed youths among others, if given the mandate.

Tinubu

Tinubu, before departing to the venue for the rally, thanked the traditional ruler for his blessings and pledged to give much attention to the traditional institutions across the country if elected President.

During the rally, the Governor of Jigawa state urged the people of the state to vote for Tinubu and Shettima and all other APC candidates in the next week’s general elections.

While addressing the mammoth crowd at the Elkanemi Sports Centre in Maiduguri, the presidential candidate, Tinubu, vowed to run a true government of the people by the people and for the people if elected in next Saturday’s election.

He reiterated that he would run a government of hard work, honesty and accountability in managing the country’s affairs.

“Borno people, I am very grateful to you all for turning out en masse to welcome us.

“If elected as your President, I promise to run a true government of the people by the people and for the people.

“I would run a government of hard work, honesty and accountability in managing the country’s affairs,” Tinubu said.

The party’s National Chairman, Abdullahi Adamu, also expressed delight at the turnout for the rally.

Expressing confidence on the ability of the party to win the election, Adamu said, “Nothing, apart from the will of God, will deprive us of victory in the election.”

Governor Babagana Zulum and Borno politics strongman, Ali Modu Sheriff, said it is payback time for the people of Borno State for Tinubu’s choice of Kashim Shettima as his running mate.

Sheriff, who observed that no Nigerian loves Borno more than Tinubu, recalled how Tinubu helped him to win his second-term governorship bid in 2007.

Zulum

Governor Zulum expressed confidence that “Tinubu would uphold the trust the people of Borno would repose in him by electing him president next Saturday.”

The vice presidential candidate, Senator Shettima in his address, expressed happiness for the large turn out.

He also pledged that when given the mandate by electing Tinubu as President, the lingering and much talked-about oil exploration along the Lake Chad Basin would be revisited.

According to him, resumption of the oil exploration in the region will not only generate income, but also provide job opportunities to the teaming youths and women in the state, and the North-East sub-region.

Earlier in his welcome remarks, the state APC Chairman, Ali Bukar Dalori, assured Tinubu that come Saturday, February 25, Borno people would vote APC candidates “from top to bottom”, considering the development strides put in place by former governor Shettima and his successor, Governor Zulum which cut across education, health, agriculture, poverty alleviation among others.

Roll call

Governors Abdullahi Ganduje, Mai Mala Buni, Muhammadu Badaru Abubakar, Inuwa Yahaya and Abdullahi Sule of Kano, Yobe, Jigawa, Gombe and Nassarawa states, Deputy Governor of Borno State, Umar Kadafur, Speaker Borno State House of Assemby, Abdulkarim Lawan, as well as several party stalwarts, including former Governors Ali Modu Sheriff, Maina Maaji Lawan, former Deputy Governors loyal to the party, APC candidates attended the rally.
You run am 4 lagos?
Dey play!

16 Likes

Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by AdamuKD: 9:50pm On Feb 18, 2023
Thief
Does he even know the meaning of accountability sef?
Old fool tueh

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by Racoon(m): 9:51pm On Feb 18, 2023
Some whom a government he proudly said he help form have shamelessly denied their own party promises and manifesto without him apologising or intervening?

Someone whose entire life revolves around fraud and who have even refused to answer questions bordering on his criminality of;
-A $460, 000 heroin-drug forfeiture in Chicago US,
-Bullion vans election bribe case seen in Burdillion,
-Multiple health challenge including dementia,
-Many Alpha-Beta corruption & failure of FOI act.
-Stealing the identity of former governor Donald Duke,
-Forging primary and secondary school certificates,
-Hiring fake agbadorian bishops to legitimate evil.
-Swearing under oath to commit forgery & perjury

15 Likes

Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by tunwumi: 4:41am On Feb 19, 2023
Ok
Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by Adesina18111(m): 4:41am On Feb 19, 2023
G
Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by computer0810(m): 4:42am On Feb 19, 2023
We believe u our president....we want d police restructured, we want improved electricity, we want affordable education system, we want every state to have industrial hub so we can reduce the burden on lagos etc

We believe u our president

4 Likes

Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by Nobody: 4:42am On Feb 19, 2023
God bless The Great Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

A rare gem!
One of a kind
Practically none like him

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by wwwkaycom(m): 4:43am On Feb 19, 2023
Yes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by wwwkaycom(m): 4:44am On Feb 19, 2023
Racoon:
Some who have even refused to answer questions bordering on his criminality of;
-A $460, 000 heroin-drug forfeiture in Chicago US,
-Multiple health challenge including dementia,
-Many Alpha-Beta corruption & failure of FOI act.
-Stealing the identity of former governor Donald Duke,
-Forging primary and secondary school certificates,
-Hiring fake agbadorian bishops to legitimate evil.
-Swearing under oath to commit forgery & perjury
Who takes a racoon serious?
A small nocturnal animal that steal food to eat?
You, Atiku, Obi and Aso Rock Cabals will lule next Saturday

3 Likes

Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by LegendHero(m): 4:45am On Feb 19, 2023
Jagaban Borgu.

God bless the next president of Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by derecho(m): 4:46am On Feb 19, 2023
God doesn't bless thieves.

CoronaVirusRelo:
God bless The Great Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

A rare thief!
One of a kind
Practically none like him

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by yjgm(m): 4:48am On Feb 19, 2023
Incoming President.

1 Like

Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by Flame333: 4:49am On Feb 19, 2023
Was it known with you as Lagos state governor...

Desperate with lies and it's the way Buhari was choked on us that he is the man..

Werey

9 Likes

Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by Creamypie(m): 4:52am On Feb 19, 2023
See desperation

2 Likes

Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by F117nighthawk: 4:53am On Feb 19, 2023
And some dumb people will still believe this man? Someone who isn't even accountable to Lagos he is making money from? So much denial,he claimed he does not own ALPHA BETA and many companies linked to him in Lagos and yet talking about accountability here?a man who claimed he inherited real estate assets from his parents and nobody could point to his real parental background claiming accountability?the bullion van they claimed mistakingly entered his compound has he told us the source of the money? Una mumu never do for this naija oo

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by Elonmuzk(m): 4:58am On Feb 19, 2023
If you believe this, you would believe anything

grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by jogojogo: 4:59am On Feb 19, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

Tinubu you're a thief

The steal your Pappas money abi he thief the virginity of your wife mother or sister

3 Likes

Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by Agonglo17: 5:03am On Feb 19, 2023
OddsDoc:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/02/ill-run-govt-of-accountability-tinubu-tells-massive-apc-supporters-in-borno/amp/

This guy's entire life is a lie, even his identity has been stolen from someone else. I pity anyone who believes him

That's how he told y'all he's fighting for democracy in '99, 23 years on he's still robbing Lagos treasury as per his own personal fiefdom...

5 Likes

Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by Wali84: 5:03am On Feb 19, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

Tinubu you're a thief
what did he steal from you

3 Likes

Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by BluntCrazeMan: 5:10am On Feb 19, 2023
Lies

1 Like

Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by techWriter3: 5:10am On Feb 19, 2023
A cheetah never alterations it's spot politician you're a thief

2 Likes

Re: I Will Run Govt Of Accountability, Tinubu Tells Borno APC Supporters by verybadmouth(m): 5:16am On Feb 19, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

Tinubu you're a thief
Even God tell us make we no trust man but God. You trusting Peter Obi to not be a thief show that's you are disobeying God.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Appeal Court Affirms APC’s Isah Jibrin As Kogi East Senator / Yoruba Nation: Osun Won’t Tolerate Unlawful Gatherings - Amotekun Warns / Parliamentary And Presidential System Of Government In West Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.