Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,027 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region (5870 Views)

Tinubu Is The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region / 2023: Osinbajo Only Presidential Aspirant Worthy To Lead Nigeria - Jaywon / Meet Nicholas Felix, 37-Year-Old PCP Presidential Candidate Who Came 3rd In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by Newton2024: 2:40pm On Feb 19, 2023
Southwest has never given block votes since 1999 (4th republic) and this pattern is not changing anytime soon. All thanks to Awolowo, the giver of free and quality education. An average south-westerner is independent minded. That's why all of us can not put our eggs in one basket.

Surprisingly, Peter Obi may win SW but with a small margin while Tinubu or Atiku comes second. These factors are in favour of Obi in winning Southwest region:

1. Religion - Yoruba people are quite religious but they are neither bigots nor fanatics. With the introduction of religion into 2023 election by Ahmed Tinubu, a lot of Yoruba christians have decided to vote against Muslim-Muslim ticket. Muslim-Muslim ticket is an unpardonable insult to yoruba christians.

2. Buhari's poor performance - Due to poor performance of APC at national level, a lot of Yoruba people now detest anything that has to do with APC with passion. They are holding Tinubu responsible for the insecurity and hardship Buhari has bestowed upon Nigeria.

3. Tinubu's perceived disdain for Igbos - Tinubu's hired surpporters are not helping matters as they insult the entire tribe at will. If they want to abuse a Northerner or a Westerner, they will first christianed him Igbo, then use derogatory words on him. To them, Tinubu doesn't need igbo votes.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by Windscribe: 2:42pm On Feb 19, 2023
Tinubu will win SW massively, at least 60%.

Meanwhile, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar is not going to win in North East where he comes from, with Apc winning Borno Yobe and Gombe massively, with significant votes from Bauchi, Alhaji Atiku would be defeated in NE.

However, Atiku would perform better than Peter Obi.(Nationwide)

25 Likes 10 Shares

Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by shuttox: 2:43pm On Feb 19, 2023
Let's be watching

1 Like

Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by Citygospel: 2:43pm On Feb 19, 2023
Sow
Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by Pauldollars(m): 2:45pm On Feb 19, 2023
APC is not certain of winning Lagos State at the Presidential election. The pressure from LP and support to LP by Lagosians is much

A TVC journalist while interviewing an APC House of Reps Aspirant for Kosofe was telling her that "But Peter Obi has so much support in Lagos State especially among the youths".

The APC House of Reps aspirant was just saying and believing that BAT will win in Lagos. No certainty to prove that Tinubu can actually win Lagos State.

She ended up begging people to vote for Bola Tinubu considering all that Lagos State has done for people residing in there, listing projects other Governors (not even Tinubu) had done to develop Lagos

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by Newton2024: 2:46pm On Feb 19, 2023
Outside social media where people can hide their identity, it is difficult to find Tinubu's surpporters offline most especially here in Osogbo. I don't think those who are hired to promote Tinubu online will even vote him during election.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 19, 2023
Tinubu will win in yoruba because yorubas are tribalitic take example nairaland seun for example dude and his mods tribalitic in nature but peter obi getting 25% there its allowed we move

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 19, 2023
If Tinubu fails to win southwest with a wide margin then I’ll never take any Yoruba person seriously again. As for Lagos I’m waiting on the yorubas to truly prove they own Lagos, the margin must be a very wide one.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by Pauldollars(m): 2:50pm On Feb 19, 2023
Bonesbreaker:
Tinubu will win in yoruba because yorubas are tribalitic take example nairaland seun for example dude and his mods tribalitic in nature but peter obi getting 25% there its allowed we move
Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by natddon1: 2:53pm On Feb 19, 2023
[quote author=Newton2024 post=121042782][/quote] 25th no far bro. At least your Feb 18th 100 million man march has given you guys a clear insight that your ANAP polls and the others are phoney. Make we de watch na

1 Like

Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by amnesty7: 2:56pm On Feb 19, 2023
A certain candidate isn't sure of winning any state outside SE and SS.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by JoeNL22(m): 2:57pm On Feb 19, 2023
peepydelano:
If Tinubu fails to win southwest with a wide margin then I’ll never take any Yoruba person seriously again. As for Lagos I’m waiting on the yorubas to truly prove they own Lagos, the margin must be a very wide one.
The sane Nigerians owns lagos. No reasonable person will vote Tinubu. If Tinubu ran for president of Yoruba nation against Osinbanjo, we the real sane Omoluabis will vote Osibanjo over Tinubu. Tinubu has cornered everything in Lagos, so we should allow to corner Nigeria? No way! Nigeria and southwest is for everybody not for a selected few. AwaLoKan!
T

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by zombieHUNTER: 2:59pm On Feb 19, 2023
Windscribe:

Meanwhile, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar is not going to win in North East where he comes from, with Apc winning Borno Yobe and Gombe massively, with significant votes from Bauchi, Alhaji Atiku would be defeated in NE.

please what is Bulablu balablu ?..

it is a language of the half brains or what?..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by Ekundayo7574(m): 3:00pm On Feb 19, 2023
Ode you got just they talk trash Obi that won't get 50k vote in any south west state e be like say your eyes blind and you are dumb to understand what people are really saying

5 Likes

Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by lovewins: 3:00pm On Feb 19, 2023
[quote author=Newton2024 post=121042782][/quote]

I support Obi with my full chest, but I'm also not detached from reality. Tinubu will win every South Western state without a shadow of doubt. I can't speak to the margin, but he definitely will be first in the south west.

The only south west state I am not sure is Lagos, as that's because Lagos traditionally has been known for voter apathy. The difference between APC and PDP in both 2015 and 2019 was about 100k plus votes. Despite having the largest registered voters, less than 1.5M people voted in Lagos during the 2015 elections and less than 1M people voted during the 2019 elections.

With high voters turnout in the range of 3M voters Labour party may just win Lagos. Outside of Lagos though, Tinubu wins the rest.

1 Like

Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by Ekundayo7574(m): 3:04pm On Feb 19, 2023
JoeNL22:

The sane Nigerians owns lagos. No reasonable person will vote Tinubu. If Tinubu ran for president of Yoruba nation against Osinbanjo, we the real sane Omoluabis will vote Osibanjo over Tinubu. Tinubu has cornered everything in Lagos, so we should allow to corner Nigeria? No way! Nigeria and southwest is for everybody not for a selected few. AwaLoKan!
T
and eventually if he win Lagos he no go better for you throughout your journey in life, says Amen if you are sure of this trash you just type

3 Likes

Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by Digitron: 3:12pm On Feb 19, 2023
lovewins:

I support Obi with my full chest, but I'm also not detached from reality. Tinubu will win every South Western state without a shadow of doubt. I can't speak to the margin, but he definitely will be first in the south west.

The only south west state I am not sure is Lagos, as that's because Lagos traditionally has been known for voter apathy. The difference between APC and PDP in both 2015 and 2019 was about 100k plus votes. Despite having the largest registered voters, less than 1.5M people voted in Lagos during the 2015 elections and less than 1M people voted during the 2019 elections.

With high voters turnout in the range of 3M voters Labour party may just win Lagos. Outside of Lagos though, Tinubu wins the rest.

Which of the states in the south west did APC win outrightly in 2019?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by Samsunny99: 3:17pm On Feb 19, 2023
[quote author=Ekundayo7574 post=121043396] and eventually if he win Lagos he no go better for you throughout your journey in life, says Amen if you are sure of this trash you just type[/quoteYou are the one that need to say Amen to your madness
Them take slavery do you
Alaye oshiii,
A jiya ku nii were
Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by OmegaAutos: 3:18pm On Feb 19, 2023
peepydelano:

Why are you Igbos so obsessed with other people's property.... What stops you from developing your own region Nd stop moving about like cursed goats

3 Likes

Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by Ekundayo7574(m): 3:20pm On Feb 19, 2023
[quote author=Samsunny99 post=121043681][/quote]oloshi radarada omo ale

1 Like

Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by Ekundayo7574(m): 3:22pm On Feb 19, 2023
OmegaAutos:

Why are you Igbos so obsessed with other people's property.... What stops you from developing your own region Nd stop moving about like cursed goats
lol which region this one grin they can't it's too dirty

4 Likes

Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by gentiles(m): 3:26pm On Feb 19, 2023
Confused lots. On one hand, you call them tribalist, on the other hand you claim they will not give Tinubu full support with their votes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by gentiles(m): 3:27pm On Feb 19, 2023
Confused lots. You call them tribalist today, tomorrow you call them sophisticated due to their voting pattern

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by gentiles(m): 3:32pm On Feb 19, 2023
OmegaAutos:

which property? lagos does not belong to Yorubas. Go to Ibadan, Osogbo, Ogbomosho etc you will see the real yorubaland, it is full of brown roofs and mud houses.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by 4mable: 3:53pm On Feb 19, 2023
[quote author=Newton2024 post=121042782][/quote]you are right we vote base on competence, Since a Man from the region is the best man for the job then be 100% sure of block votes for Tinubu
Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by PeterObi4LP: 3:59pm On Feb 19, 2023
Windscribe:

You are a joker. Tinubu may only win 40% in SW that is of Obi allow him. Forget all this Yoruba will vote for Tinubu, is a lie. Yoruba will not vote a Muslim Muslim ticket. They will vote for Peter Obi

3 Likes

Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by SenatePresdo(m): 4:02pm On Feb 19, 2023
I agree with the post.

7 out of my 10 Yoruba friends said they would vote Obi.

As a matter of fact, I've met Yorubas that hates Tinubu.

An average Yoruba is as Liberal as a white man.
Maybe it's because they went to school before others.

If all Nigerians thinks like Yorubas, Nigeria would have been great long time ago.

8 Likes

Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by famology(m): 4:02pm On Feb 19, 2023

Another ignorant mugu. In 1999 the south west gave bloc votes to Olu Falae. In 2003, the south west gave bloc votes to olusegun Obasanjo. Stop disgracing yourself here.
Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by famology(m): 4:02pm On Feb 19, 2023
Another ignorant mugu. In 1999 the south west gave bloc votes to Olu Falae. In 2003, the south west gave bloc votes to olusegun Obasanjo. Stop disgracing yourself here.
Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:09pm On Feb 19, 2023
Werey, which strategies una never try, I only blame those who still take una serious. Clowns
Re: The Only Presidential Candidate Who Is Not Sure Of Winning His Region by SenatePresdo(m): 4:11pm On Feb 19, 2023
Windscribe:

Atiku will lose his own region, but tinubu will win his region? grin

If you are banking on APC governors in NE, then it will be safe to say that Atiku will win All PDP controlled states in the South.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I’ll Not Be Satisfied Until Insecurity Ends In Nigeria – Tinubu / Ohanaeze Is Dead –ikoh, Community Leader / NYSC Saga: See The Corps Member Whose Picture Was Used For Minister's Photoshop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.