Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,490 members, 7,854,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:58 AM

Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme (674 Views)

I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule / El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna / Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by sarrki(m): 7:16pm On Feb 19, 2023
NIGERIA UPDATE: ABC of Currency Redesign vs. XYZ of Cash Confiscation Explained:

1) Currency redesign was approved by the President and announced. Currency recoloring resulted.

(2) Currency swap was envisaged by section 20(3) of the Central Bank of Nigeria Act 2007 as approved by the President. Swap means I take N100,000 to the bank in old notes and I receive N100,000 immediately in new notes. No more, no less.

(3) During implementation of the cash swap, the CBN withdrew over N2 trillion from circulation but printed only N400 billion, so in effect,

(4) Currency confiscation was then unilaterally and unlawfully implemented by the CBN. Trade and exchange gas collapsed. Human suffering, impoverishment and economic contraction resulted.

(5) The policy objective was derailed into a deliberate national fiasco to sabotage the elections in the name of preventing vote-buying. All efforts to get CBN to implement what was lawfully approved failed.

(6) Some State Governments had no choice but to approach the Supreme Court for adjudication. The APC as a party and the Progressive Governors Forum are unanimous that policy implementation must be reviewed, and

(7) Full compliance of the subsisting ruling of the Supreme Court be observed until final judgment on the suit instituted by the State Governments.

Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by Massiveglory: 7:18pm On Feb 19, 2023
Mallam is on his own .
Even the court he is talking about are no longer collecting old notes.

The old currencies he is talking about are about very close total uselessness .

The pains of elrufai and his gang is the uselessness of billions of old note naira that has piled up to block the sense of reasoning of Nigerians in the coming election.

8 Likes

Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by ChangetheChange: 7:19pm On Feb 19, 2023
Confused fool

Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by Salvador1: 7:25pm On Feb 19, 2023
Op rest... you guys have been defeated.

Demonic hel rufai is not the president.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by inoki247: 7:27pm On Feb 19, 2023
Lol this Govt just confused us with English...

I ask again wetin be Cash swap if I break my Piggy bank see 100k old note inside and take it to bank no be to come bak home with new one...

This is not a Cash swap or a Cash Swap cos you no fit take 100k to bank like this and see 10k of new note colet bak....

Make them sha print money give INEC this one wey INEC dey complain say he Neva get cash from CBN make dem allow us du election comot mak we know say Buhari Chapter don end...
Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by AfricanColumbus: 7:27pm On Feb 19, 2023
Can The Supreme Court Revoke The Naira Redesign Policy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9U2LaJUbIs
Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by Calabar1stSon: 7:29pm On Feb 19, 2023
Keyboard warrior. I'm currently in Kaduna, nobody takes him serious here.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by judatech: 7:32pm On Feb 19, 2023
The warehouses of old 1000 notes and 500 notes has turned into vanity upon vanity 🤦‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️

5 Likes

Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by NothingDoMe: 7:34pm On Feb 19, 2023
sarrki:
NIGERIA UPDATE: ABC of Currency Redesign vs. XYZ of Cash Confiscation Explained:

1) Currency redesign was approved by the President and announced. Currency recoloring resulted.

(2) Currency swap was envisaged by section 20(3) of the Central Bank of Nigeria Act 2007 as approved by the President. Swap means I take N100,000 to the bank in old notes and I receive N100,000 immediately in new notes. No more, no less.

(3) During implementation of the cash swap, the CBN withdrew over N2 trillion from circulation but printed only N400 billion, so in effect,

(4) Currency confiscation was then unilaterally and unlawfully implemented by the CBN. Trade and exchange gas collapsed. Human suffering, impoverishment and economic contraction resulted.

(5) The policy objective was derailed into a deliberate national fiasco to sabotage the elections in the name of preventing vote-buying. All efforts to get CBN to implement what was lawfully approved failed.

(6) Some State Governments had no choice but to approach the Supreme Court for adjudication. The APC as a party and the Progressive Governors Forum are unanimous that policy implementation must be reviewed, and

(7) Full compliance of the subsisting ruling of the Supreme Court be observed until final judgment on the suit instituted by the State Governments.
How come you left campaigning for Tinubu to be fighting Naira swap? Why this naira swap pain una like this?

1 Like

Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by judatech: 7:34pm On Feb 19, 2023
But wait o!
Why of all Buharis policies na this one pepper 🌶️ this man pass?😳
Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by AfricanColumbus: 7:34pm On Feb 19, 2023
Reserved
Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 19, 2023
El Rufai is brilliant!

Look at how he constitutionally made valid points!

Damn! I duff my hat!

Shettima is another brainiac!
Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:45pm On Feb 19, 2023
NothingDoMe:
How come you left campaigning for Tinubu to be fighting Naira swap? Why this naira swap pain una like this?
Vote buying
Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by NothingDoMe: 7:45pm On Feb 19, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Vote buying
Lol. I dare him to answer 😄
Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by jmoore(m): 7:47pm On Feb 19, 2023
HellRufai, should be charged with treason.
Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by MXrep: 7:47pm On Feb 19, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:
El Rufai is brilliant!

Look at how he constitutionally made valid points!

Damn! I duff my hat!

Shettima is another brainiac!
And Shekau is the most brilliant of all
Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by rolams(m): 7:48pm On Feb 19, 2023
Who is El Rufai?
Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by rolams(m): 7:51pm On Feb 19, 2023
inoki247:
Lol this Govt just confused us with English...

I ask again wetin be Cash swap if I break my Piggy bank see 100k old note inside and take it to bank no be to come bak home with new one...

This is not a Cash swap or a Cash Swap cos you no fit take 100k to bank like this and see 10k of new note colet bak....

Make them sha print money give INEC this one wey INEC dey complain say he Neva get cash from CBN make dem allow us du election comot mak we know say Buhari Chapter don end...

Won't the 100k be deposited into your bank account?
Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by inoki247: 7:53pm On Feb 19, 2023
rolams:

Won't the 100k be deposited into your bank account?

And at the same time I have the right to withdraw it back....

And the Cash Swap I know of back in the days people comes with Bus and Megaphone 📣 going round telling people to change derr old money for free you don't even need a bank then just give them the old money you take a new one,...

So what they're doing right now can't be called cash swap you people should stop confusing us ....
Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by rolams(m): 8:01pm On Feb 19, 2023
inoki247:

And at the same time I have the right to withdraw it back....

And the Cash Swap I know of back in the days people comes with Bus and Megaphone 📣 going round telling people to change derr old money for free you don't even need a bank then just give them the old money you take a new one,...

So what they're doing right now can't be called cash swap you people should stop confusing us ....

Do you know the meaning of cashless policy?
Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by baralatie(m): 8:02pm On Feb 19, 2023
The supreme court will seat on the 22nd
Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by rolams(m): 8:03pm On Feb 19, 2023
sarrki:

This man is dull. Is this what he relies on to reverse a monetary policy?

He needs to go back to secondary to study economics.

He needs to understand fully the meaning of cashless policy.
Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by baralatie(m): 8:06pm On Feb 19, 2023
The r al issue is if the cash issue persists will the election hold
Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by inoki247: 8:09pm On Feb 19, 2023
rolams:

Do you know the meaning of cashless policy?

Cashless policy not with money that doesn't have much value....

Don't bring UK and US or Europe as example...

Check any country that's a less value Currency and see for yourself if they operate Cashless policy.,..

E.G CFA and Korean Won Google dere daily limit....

So cashless Policy's can only work with Currency that as much value the more valueless ur currency is the more cash you will be needing you can't compare someone that withdraw 1000naira with someone that withdraw 1000usd are they the same value....

This Policy is not meant for Nigerians it must be reversed afta election....

In the olden days when Naira as Alot of value with ordinary 100 naira you withdraw from bank you can do Alot of things not now where we even pay up to 1k 3k as charges monthly when we calculate our total bank charges for the month....

If the money as more value we won't be needing more cash......

When you can buy land with just 1000 naira why will you be withdrawing excess....
Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by rolams(m): 8:20pm On Feb 19, 2023
inoki247:

Cashless policy not with money that doesn't have much value....

Don't bring UK and US or Europe as example...

Check any country that's a less value Currency and see for yourself if they operate Cashless policy.,..

E.G CFA and Korean Won Google dere daily limit....

So cashless Policy's can only work with Currency that as much value the more valueless ur currency is the more cash you will be needing you can't compare someone that withdraw 1000naira with someone that withdraw 1000usd are they the same value....

This Policy is not meant for Nigerians it must be reversed afta election....

In the olden days when Naira as Alot of value with ordinary 100 naira you withdraw from bank you can do Alot of things not now where we even pay up to 1k 3k as charges monthly when we calculate our total bank charges for the month....

If the money as more value we won't be needing more cash......

When you can buy land with just 1000 naira why will you be withdrawing excess....

You are still not getting it. I have not mentioned anything other than the meaning of cashless policy. When we are able to get the meaning, then we can talk about other things.

I may not even mention any country in my explanation.
Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by inoki247: 8:23pm On Feb 19, 2023
rolams:

You are still not getting it. I have not mentioned anything other than the meaning of cashless policy. When we are able to get the meaning, then we can talk about other things.

I may not even mention any country in my explanation.

cashless policy can't work in Nigeria because if the value of the money that's what I'm trying to tell you....

And also our bank Network and even the service provider can't bare much traffic...
Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by rolams(m): 10:25pm On Feb 19, 2023
inoki247:

cashless policy can't work in Nigeria because if the value of the money that's what I'm trying to tell you....

And also our bank Network and even the service provider can't bare much traffic...

Ooooooh God! Why haven't you answer my question nah!! What is cashless policy?

Your over sabi is too much ooo!

Do you know that you are talking to an economist?
Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by inoki247: 10:30pm On Feb 19, 2023
rolams:

Ooooooh God! Why haven't you answer my question nah!! What is cashless policy?

Your over sabi is too much ooo!

Do you know that you are talking to an economist?

Cashless policy comes with Cash mop up....

So if we are to start Cashless policy people should stop adding Cash swap to it ...
Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by techWriter3: 11:12pm On Feb 19, 2023
moll whole

Emm, Check my profile if you need help with your personal statement, statement of purpose, thesis, dissertation, or assignment.
Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by rolams(m): 11:25pm On Feb 19, 2023
inoki247:

Cashless policy comes with Cash mop up....

So if we are to start Cashless policy people should stop adding Cash swap to it ...

I am sorry! I can't continue with you on this matter. Thanks.
Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by sarrki(m): 9:23am On Feb 20, 2023
rolams:

This man is dull. Is this what he relies on to reverse a monetary policy?

He needs to go back to secondary to study economics.

He needs to understand fully the meaning of cashless policy.

El Rufai is a first class product go and verify

Ipobians are too arrogant
Re: Gov Nasir El Rufai Says The Old Currency Is Still The Legal Tender Until Supreme by rolams(m): 11:37am On Feb 20, 2023
sarrki:

El Rufai is a first class product go and verify

Ipobians are too arrogant

Being a first class doesn't mean anything relating to what we are saying here.

A first class in chemistry, IRS, CRS and all none economics related subject doesn't mean you are doing well in economics.

For your information, I am not talking about ethnicity here. What's my business with IPOB? For your information, I am not related to that region at all!

Let's be free from ethnicity conflict. Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

IGBO Man Can Never Be President Of Nigeria / It Is Not A Tribe Thing. Tinubu Is Not Just Good Enough / Many Northerners North Central Support Tinubu Because Of Old Naira.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.