Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,422 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule (16253 Views)

Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State / Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty / "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by politicoNG: 7:26pm On Oct 02, 2023
Governor Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa has reassured the people of the state to maintain calmness, peace, and adherence to the law following the tribunal’s decision that nullified his election.

He emphasised that he remains their governor until a different verdict is reached by the Supreme Court.

Speaking to a large supporter of the APC at the Government House, Governor Sule described the judgment as a temporal setback and a wake-up call.

He explained that he is going to carry on his duties as the Governor just the way he has been doing while his lawyers will appeal the judgment.

He called on his supporters to remain calm and go about their normal activities as he was not rattled by the judgment.

https://thenationonlineng.net/tribunals-verdict-i-remain-nasarawa-governor-says-sule/?fbclid=IwAR2hW5O25N5E8N2Sz4Qbe7xVGjaT_UFe6LIixC3kXEbH88jzdI89w2cRylc

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by Racoon(m): 7:29pm On Oct 02, 2023
This is why all election petitions must be completed before any validly elected political office holder be sworn in.

170 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by slivertongue: 7:29pm On Oct 02, 2023
sure
Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by talented321: 7:30pm On Oct 02, 2023
A known fact' few aggressive citizens dancing will not change anything..

5 Likes

Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by seunmsg(m): 7:31pm On Oct 02, 2023
The Supreme Court should simply go ahead and affirm the decision of the tribunal as regards Kano and Nasarawa states. They either confirm the two judgements or regret them. Either way, it’s a win for APC overall.

99 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by benuejosh: 7:31pm On Oct 02, 2023
Thought as much. Which Nigerian politician will give up like that?

Those people dancing will sit and watch Gov Sule govern them till the tenure finishes.

David is actually loved bu the people but he should wait till after this four years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by ImmaculateJOE(m): 7:32pm On Oct 02, 2023
@ fergie001, garfield1.
When should we expect to final conclusion of this case..? Will it take Appeal court and Supreme court 6months each for them to finalize the case..?
Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by Udopasa: 7:37pm On Oct 02, 2023
The supreme court had better do justice with Enugu State Gubernatorial election apeal. Edeoga of the Labour Party clearly won that election and Gburu Gburu must not be allowed to negotiate settlement via the G5 headed by Woke with the Enugu State Government House.

12 Likes

Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by HarunaWest(m): 7:37pm On Oct 02, 2023
Racoon:
This is why all election petitions must be completed before any validly elected political office holder be sworn in.
Easier said than done. The timeliness between election day and searing in day is usually 3 months. By the the lawyers and SAN's bamboozle you with documents, evidence, witness, forensics et al., you will see that they have exceeded the timeline. Left for me, it should be high court, straight to supreme court or case shoule emanate from Appeal court like the presidential tribunal, straight to SC. The SC should also be mandated to give judgement within 1 month of receipt of judgement from the HC or COA. They are just making lawyers rich for nothing.

10 Likes

Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by fergie001: 7:43pm On Oct 02, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:
garfield1.
When should we expect to final conclusion of this case..? Will it take Appeal court and Supreme court 6months each for them to finalize the case..?
Each of the Courts has a maximum 60 days from today.... So roughly 120 days at the maximum.

5 Likes

Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by saintkel(m): 7:47pm On Oct 02, 2023
Dis one is a goner

1 Like

Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by ngeneukwuewuGOAT: 7:51pm On Oct 02, 2023
Oga you are gone and gone forever. Nasarawa people choosed Umbugadu but HINEC picked you.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by Kukutente23: 7:57pm On Oct 02, 2023
seunmsg:
The Supreme Court should simply go ahead and affirm the decision of the tribunal as regards Kano and Nasarawa states. They either confirm the two judgements or regret them. Either way, it’s a win for APC overall.
You lie
Justice must be done and seen to be done in both cases. Our laws are superior to your petty political whims.
The only hope you have is in Ogun and Kaduna where the technicalities can be upheld.
Both Kano and Nasarawa are points of electoral laws that are clear

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by Kukutente23: 8:00pm On Oct 02, 2023
It is good to see a Nigerian politician embrace his status as an interim governor without much rancor.
He is right. He remains governor till the day the supreme Court puts its seal on the flawless tribunal judgement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by ImmaculateJOE(m): 8:02pm On Oct 02, 2023
fergie001:

Each of the Courts has a maximum 60 days from today.... So roughly 120 days at the maximum.
Okay..
Thank You..
Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by seunmsg(m): 8:04pm On Oct 02, 2023
Kukutente23:

You lie
Justice must be done and seen to be done in both cases. Our laws are superior to your petty political whims.
The only hope you have is in Ogun and Kaduna where the technicalities can be upheld.
Both Kano and Nasarawa are points of electoral laws that are clear

So, what’s your point exactly?

90 Likes

Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by Kukutente23: 8:05pm On Oct 02, 2023
seunmsg:

So, what’s your point exactly?
Read again
The light will switch on somewhere

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by seunmsg(m): 8:08pm On Oct 02, 2023
Kukutente23:

Read again
The light will switch on somewhere

You are not saying anything sensible. Supreme Court will uphold or reject the two judgements. Period.

89 Likes

Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by Kukutente23: 8:09pm On Oct 02, 2023
seunmsg:

You are not saying anything sensible. Supreme Court will uphold or reject the two judgements. Period.
You're not sensible enough to deduce my point.
Supreme Court will apply the law as is written in both cases.
End of story

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by princepeter566: 8:11pm On Oct 02, 2023
Thank God he knows Supreme Court will say otherwise
Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by garfield1: 9:06pm On Oct 02, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:
@ fergie001, garfield1.

4 months from the date apc appeals.4 months plus 14 days maximum.thats January ending

1 Like

Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by bluefilm: 9:08pm On Oct 02, 2023
Only time will tell...

1 Like

Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by benuejosh: 9:08pm On Oct 02, 2023
Till after 4 years
Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by id4sho(m): 9:08pm On Oct 02, 2023
PDP, sorrytongue
Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by opalu: 9:08pm On Oct 02, 2023
Ok
Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by Landslide334: 9:08pm On Oct 02, 2023
Fact
Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 02, 2023
I wonder how right thinking men and women would support APC

2 Likes

Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by EtinosaDLaw(m): 9:09pm On Oct 02, 2023
Ma nigga, the people don't want you

1 Like

Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by southsouthking(m): 9:09pm On Oct 02, 2023
This one get where him put mind.
Is it by force to be a governor?
The people don't want you Mr Sule.

1 Like

Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by Raskimonojendor: 9:09pm On Oct 02, 2023
Lol.
Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by Think9ja(m): 9:10pm On Oct 02, 2023
Ok
Re: I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule by sunna4u: 9:12pm On Oct 02, 2023
I remain interested in this story until supreme Court says otherwise

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benue Killings: Herdsmen Agree To Cease Fire / Drama Over Power Outage During Power Minister’s N344bn Budget Defence In NASS / Ifejokwu's Arrest: Victims Of Idumuje-Ugboko Communal Clash Lament (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.