Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood (50240 Views)

See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning / Zimbabweans React To Nigerian High-Speed Train / Guy Insults Canada, Girl Defends With Posts That Got Over 1M Likes And Retweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by IronGalaxy: 3:58pm On Feb 20, 2023
Menclothing:
Nollywood is best in Africa and 3rd in the world
Nollywood is 3rd best in the world for movie output...meaning the number of movies produced in a given period. It is not for quality, because if that was the case, South Korean movies would have been up there

1 Like

Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by WannaHowzit(m): 4:00pm On Feb 20, 2023
IronGalaxy:
Nollywood is 3rd best in the world for movie output...meaning the number of movies produced in a given period. It is not the best in africa

Do they have Oscars?☹️☹️☹️

SA has Oscars and rhe last time I checked SA's entertainment industry in general was worth more than Nigeria's.

2 Likes

Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by IronGalaxy: 4:05pm On Feb 20, 2023
WannaHowzit:

Eish bro, let's just leave it before the accuse us of being "jealous" grin but I just think there's a lot that makes a movie well/....a "movie"...things like cinematography, lighting, the actual acting, score, pacing, script, dialogue and so forth and so forth...shooting something on a camera doesn't mean it's automatically a movie. I mean, look at District 9 for example....SA director, SA actors... shot in SA.....you get the jist?

2 Likes

Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by WannaHowzit(m): 4:14pm On Feb 20, 2023
IronGalaxy:
Eish bro, let's just leave it before the accuse us of being "jealous" grin but I just think there's a lot that makes a movie well/....a "movie"...things like cinematography, lighting, the actual acting, score, pacing, script, dialogue and so forth and so forth...shooting something on a camera doesn't mean it's automatically a movie. I mean, look at District 9 for example....SA director, SA actors... shot in SA.....you get the jist?

I think they release a lot of substandard stuff like sperm and they all swim and hope they make it to their destination (global awards) but unfortunately none have managed that this far.

When SA produces films, although fewer, they're ensured to be quality and are often Oscar nominees.

So it's a matter of quality Vs quantity.

1 Like

Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 20, 2023
Nollywood now yoruba started yorbawood 😂🤣😁 selling shitty movie for self the Real hero's are going Why Too Buhari factor dude killed so many dreams and Nollywood not been able to bring out new actors still same old dude no new gen people. Spit out!!
Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 20, 2023
IronGalaxy:
haa shutup how many views does it get in Africa outside Africa
Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by IronGalaxy: 4:20pm On Feb 20, 2023
Bonesbreaker:
haa shutup how many views does it get in Africa outside Africa
Bro relax, why are different views always met with insults on this forum? I'll give you an example, Blood & Water, SA series on Netflix was number 1 in different countries, so people are watching, mind you my views are not meant to be competition

3 Likes

Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by franchasofficia: 4:24pm On Feb 20, 2023
Igbos created Nollywood and made it a pride of Nigeria and Africa.

Igbos made mini importation a saving grace for most Nigerian graduates who couldn't find a job after graduation.

Igbos made trading a lucrative thing in Nigeria and beyond.

Dear fellow Nigerians, allow an Igbo man to lead Nigeria and watch how Nigeria will progress like its magic.

Forget tribal hatred, vote Peter Obi on Saturday and watch what he can do.

If he fails to deliver after 4 years, come together and push him out, we will support you.
Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by Silentgroper(m): 4:30pm On Feb 20, 2023
Reinamaria:

If that were you, would you want to die a second time? cheesy

Funny but true.....
Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 20, 2023
IronGalaxy:
Bro relax, why are different views always met with insults on this forum? I'll give you an example, Blood & Water, SA series on Netflix was number 1 in different countries, so people are watching, mind you my views are not meant to be competition
your talking Netflix that just started in Africa common bro sorry🙏🏽 for the abuse its been Awhile😂🤣😁
Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by IronGalaxy: 4:36pm On Feb 20, 2023
Bonesbreaker:
your talking Netflix that just started in Africa common bro sorry🙏🏽 for the abuse its been Awhile😂🤣😁
Netflix is one example out of many...once your productions get nominated for awards or awarded or your movies make it to movie festivals worldwide, you're on to something.

1 Like

Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 20, 2023
IronGalaxy:
Netflix is one example out of many...once your productions get nominated for awards or awarded or your movies make it to movie festivals worldwide, you're on to something.
Nollywood its second to Hollywood in the world so make me understand where your own stand southerwood 😁🤣🙄😐 ask quore it i was at Ghana recently and Cameroon The can mention Nigerian movies that even i have not watched bug can they do so to southerwood 😂 in Asia too recently Asia are doing Afro music now using Nigeria voice even in movies common
Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by WannaHowzit(m): 4:42pm On Feb 20, 2023
Bonesbreaker:

District 9, Yesterday, Tsotsi, Sarafina and countless others were Oscar nominees and winners way before the advent of Netflix.

SA has been and remains a regular at the Tony Awards for TV shows. Nigeria produces content for hungry, gutter pooping lots. Shalom.

cc IronGalaxy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 20, 2023
WannaHowzit:

District 9, Yesterday, Tsotsi, Sarafina and countless others were Oscar nominees and winners way before the advent of Netflix.

SA has been and remains a regular at the Tony Awards for TV shows. Nigeria produces content for hungry, gutter pooping lots. Shalom.

cc IronGalaxy
this movies where classified as Hollywood not southerwood 🙄🤣😁
Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by WannaHowzit(m): 4:47pm On Feb 20, 2023
Bonesbreaker:
this movies where classified as Hollywood not southerwood 🙄🤣😁

Provide proof, especially for Yesterday (Oscar nominee) and Tsotsi (Oscar winner🏆)

1 Like

Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by Reinamaria(f): 4:47pm On Feb 20, 2023
etrange:
Nigerians don't know how to take compliments.

You're too critical.
Sometimes, learn to ignore the negatives, and focus on the positives.
Nigerians are not all bad. 🙄
Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by KingCold: 4:50pm On Feb 20, 2023
WannaHowzit:

cc IronGalaxy
Imagine they got me banned because I was not here to stroke anyone's ego grin grin Oh goodness!
Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by iammolise(m): 4:50pm On Feb 20, 2023
See how this lady fine and plum, even browsing from my small torchlight phone the beauty is undisputable.
Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by KingCold: 4:54pm On Feb 20, 2023
WannaHowzit:

cc IronGalaxy
Do you remember that SABC drama "society"? do you know it once won an emmy?

1 Like

Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by Reinamaria(f): 4:54pm On Feb 20, 2023
WannaHowzit:

SA has Oscars and rhe last time I checked SA's entertainment industry in general was worth more than Nigeria's.

Nigeria made interesting movies, not for the Oscars, but because they wanted to tell African stories to Africans.
Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by etrange: 4:56pm On Feb 20, 2023
Reinamaria:

You're too critical.
Sometimes, learn to ignore the negatives, and focus on the positives.
Nigerians are not all bad. 🙄

Nobody said we are all bad. In fact, I'm literally saying the opposite. Someone complimented our movie industry, instead of us to appreciate the person and move on, we're here criticizing our own or fighting each other or even dragging other countries unnecessarily. So maybe you should channel your negative/positive advice to those guys who have failed to appreciate what they have. And while you're doing that, also learn to critically read a comment before baring fangs.

1 Like

Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by WannaHowzit(m): 4:57pm On Feb 20, 2023
Reinamaria:

Nigeria made interesting movies, not for the Oscars, but because they wanted to tell African stories to Africans.

Revenue and accolades are what pays the bills and bring prestige, not philanthropy.

That's why South African artists, whether in music or acting, don't rush to japa - coz SA industry is lucrative as a stand alone.

2 Likes

Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by WannaHowzit(m): 5:00pm On Feb 20, 2023
KingCold:
Do you remember that SABC drama "society"? do you know it once won an emmy?

I meant to say Emmy's, not Tony's 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️Didn't Home Affairs (hope Ive got the title right) also win an Emmy. Loyiso Bala's late night comedy show also won if I'm not mistaken.

1 Like

Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by KingCold: 5:01pm On Feb 20, 2023
Yankee101:
When nollywood was clean and much more professional not parading naked women, sex, drugs or juju
If the story permits why not? For an industry to expand and improve, the stories must have range....Imagine telling a stroty about a club stripper and yet there are no nude scenes for example, For Nollywood to improve stories have to be more daring not the usual love triangles, rich family from Lagos, jealous mother -in law, etc
Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by WannaHowzit(m): 5:02pm On Feb 20, 2023
KingCold:
Imagine they got me banned because I was not here to stroke anyone's ego grin grin Oh goodness!

Hebanna, ka spiti so 🤦🏾‍♂️ Nigerians like criticising others but they can't take criticism. Luckily for Africa, there's SA to checkmate them 😎😎😎

2 Likes

Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by KingCold: 5:03pm On Feb 20, 2023
WannaHowzit:

I meant to say Emmy's, not Tony's 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️Didn't Home Affairs (hope Ive got the title right) also win an Emmy. Loyiso Bala's late night comedy show also won if I'm not mistaken.
I actually to say "Home Affairs" my bad smiley The most Grammy awards in Africa as well.....and someone was saying "remove Nigeria from Africa and there's no entertainment" a little humility goes a long way
Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by KingCold: 5:05pm On Feb 20, 2023
WannaHowzit:

Hebanna, ka spiti so 🤦🏾‍♂️ Nigerians like criticising others but they can't take criticism. Luckily for Africa, there's SA to checkmate them 😎😎😎
If you check my comments, I wasn't even criticising, I just had a different point of view, I guess that's enough to get banned...or maybe I've become notorious on these NL streets cool
Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by Reinamaria(f): 5:05pm On Feb 20, 2023
WannaHowzit:

Revenue and accolades are what pays the bills and bring prestige, not philanthropy.

That's why South African artists, whether in music or acting, don't rush to japa - coz SA industry is lucrative as a stand alone.

South Africa's entertainment industry is not as lucrative and successful as Nigeria's.
Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by WannaHowzit(m): 5:16pm On Feb 20, 2023
KingCold:
I actually to say "Home Affairs" my bad smiley The most Grammy awards in Africa as well.....and someone was saying "remove Nigeria from Africa and there's no entertainment" a little humility goes a long way

Haau bathong, what's DSTV been broadcasting all along kanthi before expanding into darkest Africa? We expanded and found all of them broadcasting under trees, introduced them to quality productions, soapies, Idols SA, Big Brother SA, other reality shows.

The Nigerian brain likes bragging but is very empty. Perfect example is not having a single refinery or 5-hour long electricity but they're a major oil producer.

That's why they'll brag about music and soccer, but as we're proving South Africa is way ahead of the game.

All that's left now is for some of them to kill themselves 😂

1 Like

Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by Simeonmalachy(m): 5:26pm On Feb 20, 2023
Peter Obi is right.
Re: Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood by Bigheart042(m): 5:45pm On Feb 20, 2023
Just take a look at Adams the way he was looking at tinubu...

Seriously tinubu na just funny skit maker

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Spotted Cows Matching At Night In Abuja / Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) / Nigerians In Azerbaijan For Study, Business Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.