Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning (63165 Views)

Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood / Texas Man Dancing On Top Of A Moving Truck Dies After Hitting Overpass (Photos) / Guy Insults Canada, Girl Defends With Posts That Got Over 1M Likes And Retweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Jewessgratitud3: 9:46am On Mar 02
See the new look of YABA that got everyone complaining bitterly including me.
The last time I went to Yaba was three months ago when the new fly over bridge was still under construction only to get there yesterday and discovered it has been completed and the road on the rail line that leads to tejuoso has been blocked and fenced off so everyone has to go through the fly over bridge to access tejuoso market and the bridge is unnecessarily long and exhausting.

I was there yesterday but had to go again today because yesterday the complex I wanted to get stuff was shut and according to the traders the govt was coming for inspection.

The way they built the bridges are not convenient cos you'll climb two long lanes before you'll get to another long lanes descending to the other side. Lagosian were complaining as they climb and descend. On the other wing there are stairs. I used the stairs today thinking it would be better than the other walkway and nearly fainted.

Is this to add to Nigerians suffering or better their lives because someone who's already experiencing hunger can not climb that bridge o.

Below are pics of the flyover.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Jewessgratitud3: 9:46am On Mar 02
More

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Ogiame: 9:47am On Mar 02
More like; “Keeping them fit and healthy for the HUNGER ahead” grin

But on a serious note, this pedestrian bridge has it's own advantages. It outweighs the disadvantages

269 Likes 21 Shares

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by olaiya2007(m): 9:51am On Mar 02
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by korm2me(m): 9:52am On Mar 02
It's well

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by ncpat(m): 9:52am On Mar 02
Okay

2 Likes

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by callmevirus(m): 9:52am On Mar 02
Nothing concern me but E dey mind

6 Likes

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Military0001: 9:52am On Mar 02
Just nawa

3 Likes

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by izzou(m): 9:53am On Mar 02
grin

Maybe there's a structural explanation to this, but i do not know CCECC will be punishing people in the name of "Pedestrian bridge"

Currently seeing the one being constructed in front of LASU, and i can't imagine myself walking such a distance.

They should make these designs simple, abeg

36 Likes

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Memyselfu2009(m): 9:53am On Mar 02
Hm

2 Likes

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by cardoctor(m): 9:53am On Mar 02
Yaba left

5 Likes

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by StraightGaay: 9:53am On Mar 02
What a revolting sight.
No aesthetic atall.

32 Likes

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by verybadmouth(m): 9:53am On Mar 02
Bad camera

7 Likes

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by pezeji(m): 9:53am On Mar 02
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by RepoMan007: 9:53am On Mar 02
Whatever improves the profit margin for handlers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by jy2kbeyond(m): 9:53am On Mar 02
It's normal. We are just used to shortcuts.

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by bluefilm: 9:54am On Mar 02
Nonsense angry

1 Like

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Kingpele(m): 9:54am On Mar 02
Emilakon ....u most keep fit even if you are hungry...exercise is good for the body and mind ...the more long is the bridge the more healthier the users will be...don't be lazy man...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Offpoint1: 9:54am On Mar 02
When last did you exercise? You should be thankful for a free "gym"

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by badoh(m): 9:55am On Mar 02
Why are people still selling stuffs under the overhead bridge? People no deh hear word. Why do they like to deface public amenities? Na Everytime govt go deh drive them comot the side.

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Jewessgratitud3: 9:55am On Mar 02
Ogiame:
More like; “Keeping them fit and healthy for the HUNGER ahead” grin

But on a serious note, this pedestrian bridge has it's own advantages. It outweighs the disadvantages

I'm not joking. If you climb that bridge you'll be panting by the time you get to other side.

It's going to make me reduce my visits to the market. I can't deal.

What of the elderly ones? Is this not punishment?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by madfind: 9:56am On Mar 02
According to ur govt, that's is a state of the art Bridge, no cap 😁

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Ogiame: 9:56am On Mar 02
Jewessgratitud3:

I'm not joking. If you climb that bridge you'll be panting by the time you get to other side.

It's going to make me reduce my visits to the market. I can't deal.

What of the elderly ones? Is this not punishment?
If they come out to tell you the billions of Naira they spent on this eyesore and energy draining bridge, you will get pissed off. grin

Are there no other routes?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by iyaski: 9:56am On Mar 02
Jewessgratitud3:
The last time I went to Yaba was three months ago when the new fly over bridge was still under construction only to get there yesterday and discovered it has been completed and the road on the rail line that leads to tejuoso has been blocked and fenced off so everyone has to go through the fly over bridge to access tejuoso market and the bridge is unnecessarily long and exhausting.

I was there yesterday but had to go again today because yesterday the complex I wanted to get stuff was shut and according to the traders the govt was coming for inspection.

The way they built the bridges are not convenient cos you'll climb two long lanes before you'll get to another long lanes descending to the other side. Lagosian were complaining as they climb and descend. On the other wing there are stairs. I used the stairs today thinking it would be better than the other walkway and nearly fainted.

Is this to add to Nigerians suffering or better their lives because someone who's already experiencing hunger can not climb that bridge o.

They need to start putting up escalators.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by madfind: 9:57am On Mar 02
korm2me:
It's well
after that what next.
Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by blancsn1: 9:57am On Mar 02
Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by shortgun(m): 9:57am On Mar 02
Very terrible poor design angry
The fundamental purpose of a pedestrian bridge is to provide a safe and efficient means for people to cross the road swiftly and conveniently. This maze I'm seeing here is far from convenient.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by Eastlink(m): 9:57am On Mar 02
I passed that area four months ago when I visited Unilag. I couldn't help but imagine the construction that CCECC did there. It seems like the construction was an idea of a drunk Engineer.

I understand that a flyover was constructed to connect Ojuelegba to the other side of Yaba but what is the essence of a pedestrian staircase. Infact once you get under the pedestrian staircase, you'll have to climb up the stairs and then down again as of you're climbing up and down a manual lift to get to other section. Perhaps the stairs is great for exercise but not for the sick and aged.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by blancsn1: 9:57am On Mar 02
Are you an igbo or why exactly will one be complaining about overhead bridge built to safeguard the lives of the populace ?!

Jewessgratitud3:

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning by ecomalchemistt(m): 9:58am On Mar 02
Tinubu built lagos , don’t complain

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot / JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK / Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.