Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN (51934 Views)

Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) / Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor / Naira Redesign: El-rufai & Kaduna State Govt. Mark Banks For Demolition (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Nobody: 7:38am On Feb 20, 2023
They are all playing mind games, they’ll use the new notes to buy votes on Saturday because they’re the only ones that have access to it. Citizens who now see the new notes like dollars will accept it and vote for them, it’s all mind games they’ve been doing it for long.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by seguno2: 7:39am On Feb 20, 2023
DDfruitful:
E pain am

Pain am well well, that all the stolen money from ThiefNuibu to buy votes is now useless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by GaybigBoy(m): 7:39am On Feb 20, 2023
I am not IBO. But you sound like a lunatics.are You a Lunatic
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Barbushe: 7:39am On Feb 20, 2023
Lemi tey una straight......... Northerners wise pass our
southerners counterpart because there is alway a form of
leadership in the north, CORE NORTH in particular.
As i am writting now, Malam Nasir ELRUFA'I is fighting for us.
We believe in him. He never ever been defeated. We trust our
ApC governor that they can be able to protect and shield us
from bad policies of CBN under Godwin Emefiele watch.
Anyway, We don't believe in banking system because of the
issues of INTEREST. The interest is unlawful (HARAM)
according to ISLAMIC religion. We still have some millions of
old #200, #500, #1000 in the north. Those old money are
enough for us to continue with our daily basis. We use our
money, so no need to destroy our property in the name of
protest. Our Governors love us. They said that we have nothing
to worry about the fate of our hard earning moneys.
Here in the north, we are waiting for a direction from our
IMAMS. Whoever our Imams tell us to vote, na im we go vote,
but don't forget that our Imams here in Kano, Kaduna, Katsina,
Kebbi, Zamfara, Jigawa had already asked us to vote in favour
of Bola Ahmed Tinubu base on muslim-muslim ticket.
We prefer Elrufa'i to Buhari. If you know, you know......

2 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Doyou2019: 7:39am On Feb 20, 2023
Aremwayne:
This thing really pain El Rufai grin
If not for this policy who would have known these governors to be such talkatives.
Rambling over the same issue day in day out like irate market women and nagging housewives.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by TheSameGuy(m): 7:39am On Feb 20, 2023
Now Emefiele will face it alone grin
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by PeterObi4LP: 7:39am On Feb 20, 2023
Buhari should arrest hell Rufire now for stepping on his executive order.

Hell Rufire is speaking for his stacked loots and personal political gain Tinubu promise him Chief of Staff if he wins.

If Buhari shift more ground for them, it shows Buhari is weakling and control by his party men. As president, Buhari should stand on his ground irrespective of what people are passing thru.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Rubeshi(m): 7:40am On Feb 20, 2023
not that the common masses are more corrupt than our politicians
The whole Confiscation was something we should celebrate

While the little money cnb gave banks to distribute to the public bank managers were selling it to highest bidders and politicians
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Mpanyi: 7:40am On Feb 20, 2023
Before it's 300 billion, now it is 400 billion. Before you said 3 trillion, now you said 2 tirillion. It means you are up to something.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by DItalianNija: 7:41am On Feb 20, 2023
What I understand about Nigeria politicians is dat any policy dat will favor d masses dey always fight against it. Dey easily approve d ones dat favor Dem, politicians are very selfish. Hell rufai is fighting for himself. Vote Peter Obi of labor party
jhydebaba:
El-Rufai right on this one. Instead of naira redesign, we had naira recolourarion and instead of currency swap, we have currency confiscation.

Make den do allow us have access to our money again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by seguno2: 7:41am On Feb 20, 2023
DrizzyJeri:
They are all playing mind games, they’ll use the new notes to buy votes on Saturday because they’re the only ones that have access to it. Citizens who now see the new notes like dollars will accept it and vote for them, it’s all mind games they’ve been doing it for long.

You are wise and smart.
Stay blessed as you work on everyone to be as smart and wise like you.
Our country will be better with our efforts.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Godoverevery: 7:41am On Feb 20, 2023
Hendrixky:
Make el rufai rest abeg

Confiscation was a good thing

If not that the common masses are more corrupt than our politicians

While the little money cnb gave banks to distribute to the public bank managers were selling it to highest bidders and politicians

I should celebrate that for the past 4days no atm is dispensing cash in whole of ikorodu lagos.

I should celebrate all through yesterday I wasn't able to make transfer from my gtb account.

I should celebrate I am currently stranded at the bus stop cos they are rejecting my old note.

Some of yoi guys are actually unbelievable honestly.....

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by JuanDeDios: 7:41am On Feb 20, 2023
valentineuwakwe:

He further claimed that the President approved currency swap, which means that Nigerians should deposit their old notes to the banks and receive the equivalents in return, while the CBN embarked on Naira confistication instead.
Source: https://dailypost.ng/2023/02/20/naira-redesign-el-rufai-reveals-what-buhari-originally-approved-for-cbn/
I'd to get to the bottom of whether it was ElRufai or Daily Post that said confistication.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by aimmoney9: 7:42am On Feb 20, 2023
TheChameleon:
grin

Emefiele is from same home town as Okowa. He's working for PDP. Atiku has NGN 230 billion of new notes already stashed.

He's pained that Tinubu mercilessly flogged him at APC primaries.

Once Tinubu is announced as President... I will advise him to flee to the farthest continent, Australia.

Igbos are notorious for fleeing battle anyways. undecided
Sunday Igboho is a coward of Yoruba lineage for fleeing to Benin republic........ grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by NakedTruth4eva: 7:42am On Feb 20, 2023
Then why didn't you include CBN in the suit? Werey dey challenge Buhari still dey form pseudo-loyalty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by seguno2: 7:42am On Feb 20, 2023
Mpanyi:
Before it's 300 billion, now it is 400 billion. Before you said 3 trillion, now you said 4 trillion. It means you are up to something.

Hell Rufai is up to telling us propaganda lies as usual.
Only sharp eyed guys like you can smoke him out.
Well done sir.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Emmanuella00(f): 7:43am On Feb 20, 2023
Hmm
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by erai30(m): 7:44am On Feb 20, 2023
In the words of Timaya" as he e dey sweet us, e dey pain dem" " as e dey pain dem, omo e dey sweet us" wet in concern us wen no get shishi. grin
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by tioyoung(m): 7:44am On Feb 20, 2023
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by TOYNEX(f): 7:44am On Feb 20, 2023
Why is he just saying this now?
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Sunnymatey(m): 7:45am On Feb 20, 2023
El rufai underated Buhari
I believe specimens of the redesigned notes where presented to buhari and approval were granted for it to be use as a legal tender.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Cantonese: 7:46am On Feb 20, 2023
TheChameleon:
grin

Emefiele is from same home town as Okowa. He's working for PDP. Atiku has NGN 230 billion of new notes already stashed.

He's pained that Tinubu mercilessly flogged him at APC primaries.

Once Tinubu is announced as President... I will advise him to flee to the farthest continent, Australia.

Igbos are notorious for fleeing battle anyways. undecided

The pain is too unbearable for you. The chain tied to your neck by APC enslaving you for eight years has become an albatross.

How you got into Atiku's safe to see the N230b beats my imagination. How a youth like you, who should demand accountability from all leaders and still choose to follow crooks, pervasive burglars of the economy, tireless looters, also beats the imagination of decent people.

Once again young fellow, do not vote for leaders whose children are safe and sound where ever they presently are. Do not risk your life following them, carrying guns and matchetes, to fight, whereas their children are safely secured somewhere. On the election day, you will be in the sun, their children will remain safe wherever. Look before you leap. Vote for persons who are accountable, credible, who will make Nigeria safe again. As it stands, you only know Tinubu/Shettima. You do not know your state and federal representatives, yet you will vote for them. Ask questions and make proper judgements.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by hopexter(m): 7:46am On Feb 20, 2023
Hendrixky:
Make el rufai rest abeg

As of October 2022, currency in circulation had risen to N3.23 trillion out of which only N500 billion was within the Banking System while N2.7 trillion remained permanently outside the system
thereby distorting the financial policy and efficient management of inflation

But the confiscation of new notes is leading to scarcity of naira and the way it seems, masses might be forced to voluntarily selling of votes to get money to survive. What is meant to reduce vote buying is leading to voluntary vote selling due to confiscation and naira scarcity. undecided
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by tafabaloo(m): 7:47am On Feb 20, 2023
Abfinest007:
Is hell rude file the only one affected why he's crying more than other when he is not contesting for any position

Ain't everyone crying in their closets?
Do you know d number of deaths recorded due to the inability of some Nigerians to pay for Medicare?
Ain't u feeling the pangs ....I mean you yourself ?

Government cant be pretending to want to kill a rat and set the whole town in fire.

If you are complaining about votes buying , I think this policy has set in motion the mechanism for vote buying .....a lot of people wld want to to sell their votes this time around to get money to feed.
You wld see this coming Saturday...and INEC and security agencies wld not be able to do anything because their officials amd personnel are equally suffering .
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by djseanjohn77: 7:51am On Feb 20, 2023
Hendrixky:
Make el rufai rest abeg

As of October 2022, currency in circulation had risen to N3.23 trillion out of which only N500 billion was within the Banking System while N2.7 trillion remained permanently outside the system
thereby distorting the financial policy and efficient management of inflation.

God bless you, I am always happy seeing people that speak intellectually from an unbiased point of view.

I am not in Nigeria, i work and ear salaries but at no time do i ever keep or have the equivalent of 20k naira with me, that's for emergency purposes. Most times, all i have as cash with me does not exceed 2k naira (yes, you heard me right), because i can do virtually everything with my card or my banking app. I keep cash mostly for offering purposes. In fact, when i visited Nigeria for holiday last year, i never kept above 20k with me at any point in time. My basic needs can be met using transfers, and POS. Aside from road side sellers, or rural areas, the policy should really not be a problem. But, the people themselves are the problem of the nation, yet they blame the government every time. They want change, but would not have a change mentality or support change themselves. What i have seen an confirmed is, most Nigerians are overly greedy and evil.

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by sphinixs2: 7:51am On Feb 20, 2023
valentineuwakwe:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2023/02/20/naira-redesign-el-rufai-reveals-what-buhari-originally-approved-for-cbn/

But a cash swap would undermine the cashless policy the Cbn and FG has being singing about won't it?
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by israelmao(m): 7:51am On Feb 20, 2023
Mischievous and shrewd midget is trying to shift his blame now of CAN Governor.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by leisuretym: 7:51am On Feb 20, 2023
“Emefiele helped Governor El-Rufai to secure $350m world bank loan out of which the governor made for himself N70 per dollar after the cash was sold to Aliko Dangote.

$350m x N70 =

Do you want El Rufai to throw the money away?

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Tareq1105: 7:52am On Feb 20, 2023
LaSenior:
grin

Can someone sing asake song for me

They Never see it coming eerulfai

We have so many poor minded people on nairaland and you know them by their posts. Think Big bro.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Dcoy: 7:53am On Feb 20, 2023
I strongly believe El-rufai has a very large stash of the old naira notes somewhere, not just for election purposes but he probably kept some of his stolen wealth in naira somewhere.....
He's always claimed to be smart so while trying to avoid situations like plenty fishy bank accounts, money laundering etc....he stocked the raw cash somewhere.....
He seems the most pained.....
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Buharifan: 7:53am On Feb 20, 2023
Abfinest007:
Is hell rude file the only one affected why he's crying more than other when he is not contesting for any position
he is contesting for minister or chief of staff under tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by PointZerom: 7:53am On Feb 20, 2023
jhydebaba:
El-Rufai right on this one. Instead of naira redesign, we had naira recolourarion and instead of currency swap, we have currency confiscation.

Make den do allow us have access to our money again.

Hell Rufai is only crying because of over 20bil. given to him by Tinubu to buy Northern votes. The money will be a wast in his hands.
Why haven't he cried this way over southern Kaduna killings all this while?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos Of Dino Melaye In Court As Accused Persons Deny Allegations Against Him. / Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border / How Much Did It Cost Ambode To Build These Flyover-bridges? (see PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.