Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,184 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN (51936 Views)

Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) / Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor / Naira Redesign: El-rufai & Kaduna State Govt. Mark Banks For Demolition (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by PS712: 7:54am On Feb 20, 2023
False narrative by El rufai as usual.

Please post script your comment, there's nothing like confiscation there/here. El rufai has tried to deceive the gullible. In confiscation you lose access and right to your money, in this case who took money to bank and lost value or access to it? No one. The Central Bank has simply said they know your money belongs to you, but in the best interest of the economy and according to its laws and guidelines, certain amount of the total money cannot go out into circulation as cash, but rather have to be within the banking system and the economy. You still have access to your money, but in this case not all as cash, especially if you have plenty of it. So where is the place of confiscation there?

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 20, 2023
valentineuwakwe:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2023/02/20/naira-redesign-el-rufai-reveals-what-buhari-originally-approved-for-cbn/

El-Rufai is right! There is a whole lot of difference between swapping and confiscation. How can you take money belonging to the people and refuse to give them back the same amount you took from them? The worst of it all is the epileptic network that frustrates transfer of money from point A to B...
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Pymetrics: 7:55am On Feb 20, 2023
YeyeGbami:
Before you said 300B now na 400B. Oga go and rest na yourself you dey fight for.

Quote where he mentioned 300 bn. His speech I read five days ago also mentioned 400 bn. Even the 400bn was February.

Meanwhile, I have also read where cbn governor mentioned 300bn but that was January.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Flame333: 7:55am On Feb 20, 2023
jhydebaba:
El-Rufai right on this one. Instead of naira redesign, we had naira recolourarion and instead of currency swap, we have currency confiscation.

Make den do allow us have access to our money again.

Calm down

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Flame333: 7:57am On Feb 20, 2023
Baddosqqi:

El-Rufai is right! There is a whole lot of difference between swapping and confiscation. How can you take money belonging to the people and refuse to give them back the same amount you took from them? The worst of it all is the epileptic network that frustrates transfer of money from point A to B...

Your country won't get to this level

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Bigchristo: 7:57am On Feb 20, 2023
valentineuwakwe:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2023/02/20/naira-redesign-el-rufai-reveals-what-buhari-originally-approved-for-cbn/
is he just realizing that CBN did coloring instead of proper redesign? All these governors aren’t fighting for any citizens they’re fighting for their money which is about to turn papers in their hand because they can not legitimately take them to the bank cos EFCC and ICPC are interfering in the process of depositing old naira notes in CBN once you come with millions from questionable sources you will be arrested and prosecuted na there Buhari take hold them for balls that man is clear definition of staying wicked 🤣😂🤣
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Phoen1X: 7:58am On Feb 20, 2023
TheChameleon:
grin

Emefiele is from same home town as Okowa. He's working for PDP. Atiku has NGN 230 billion of new notes already stashed.

He's pained that Tinubu mercilessly flogged him at APC primaries.

Once Tinubu is announced as President... I will advise him to flee to the farthest continent, Australia.

Igbos are notorious for fleeing battle anyways. undecided
Well,your name says it all,..as chameleon,you will switch your tribe for another in coming days.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Emir22: 7:59am On Feb 20, 2023
As if you are immune from the pains and suffering the CBN governor caused. Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Uncletony(m): 8:00am On Feb 20, 2023
Why are they interested in the old Naira Notes instead of pushing for the new notes availability
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Reinamaria(f): 8:00am On Feb 20, 2023
Omoapena:
I think they should just rule out 500naira and 1000 naira from our notes and make 200naira the highest denominations

I agree.
If they're going to loot, at least they should work hard for it. cheesy

As for El Rufai, he should keep crying.
He's so pained that he wasn't let in on "the plan".
He thought he was Buhari's "man".
He was taken by surprise like the rest of them.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Babastrong(m): 8:01am On Feb 20, 2023
[quote author=GaybigBoy post=121060985]This fool again. I am a supporters of Asiwaju bola ahmed Thinubu but because of Elrufai I will not be voting for him again.Evil man[ it is your choice. One man one vote]
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by IamAsiri: 8:01am On Feb 20, 2023
jhydebaba:
El-Rufai right on this one. Instead of naira redesign, we had naira recolourarion and instead of currency swap, we have currency confiscation.

I'm sure you still have access to your money. The definition of money is not solely fiat money also known as cash.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Alpharey: 8:02am On Feb 20, 2023
jhydebaba:

CBN has a good intention on this policy, but as usual in Nigeria, the big fishes and the politicians has hijacked it, taking over the little money available, stuffing them at their homes maybe for vote buying and the rest of them. But have a little patience, after the presidential election, things will return to normal.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by PS712: 8:02am On Feb 20, 2023
Hendrixky:
Make el rufai rest abeg

Confiscation was a good thing

If not that the common masses are more corrupt than our politicians
The whole Confiscation was something we should celebrate

While the little money cnb gave banks to distribute to the public bank managers were selling it to highest bidders and politicians

As of October 2022, currency in circulation had risen to N3.23 trillion out of which only N500 billion was within the Banking System while N2.7 trillion remained permanently outside the system
thereby distorting the financial policy and efficient management of inflation
The aim was to ensure that first all money returns into the banking system and little money goes out so that vote buying will be reduced but bankers were selling the little ones to politicians
We masses see our own corruption as normal but see politicians own corruption as bad thing

Please post script your comment, there's nothing like confiscation there/here. El rufai has tried to deceive the gullible. In confiscation you lose access and right to your money, in this case who took money to bank and lost value or access to it? No one. The Central Bank has simply said they know your money belongs to you, but in the best interest of the economy and according to its laws and guidelines, certain amount of the total money cannot go out into circulation as cash, but rather have to be within the banking system and the economy. You still have access to your money, but in this case not all as cash, especially if you have plenty of it. So where is the place of confiscation there?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 20, 2023
TheChameleon:
grin

Emefiele is from same home town as Okowa. He's working for PDP. Atiku has NGN 230 billion of new notes already stashed.

Once Tinubu is announced as President... I will advise him to flee to the farthest continent, Australia.

Your Awolowo was killed like a chicken and your Abiola who won a presidential election was killed like a cockroach. I pity the afonja fools shaaa. Cry me a river Fulani will finish you people after 2023 .
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Shareholder: 8:03am On Feb 20, 2023
benuejosh:
Emefiele will fail and his tenure may end disgracefully. Just because he doesn’t want Tinubu to win his election and then he has decided to put the masses in deep suffering.
From this ur comment,how come it's just Tinubu that is affected among other contestants?
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Alpharey: 8:03am On Feb 20, 2023
TheChameleon:
grin

Na Igbo matter go kill you still still. Afonja
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Wisfem: 8:06am On Feb 20, 2023
Hendrixky:
Make el rufai rest abeg

Confiscation was a good thing

If not that the common masses are more corrupt than our politicians
The whole Confiscation was something we should celebrate

While the little money cnb gave banks to distribute to the public bank managers were selling it to highest bidders and politicians

As of October 2022, currency in circulation had risen to N3.23 trillion out of which only N500 billion was within the Banking System while N2.7 trillion remained permanently outside the system
thereby distorting the financial policy and efficient management of inflation
The aim was to ensure that first all money returns into the banking system and little money goes out so that vote buying will be reduced but bankers were selling the little ones to politicians
We masses see our own corruption as normal but see politicians own corruption as bad thing

Apart from vote buying there is even more you can mention, now the dollar remain in consistence fall, naira to dollar now stands to about 640 there about, as the scarcity of naira means vulnerability of dollar, we don't need dollar to buy something here so dollar is not in higher demand now, where as naira is in it's highest demand now, thereby crushing the exchange rate that was formerly 900 naira to one dollar, do you know the implications of this now importers will now buy at cheap prices that mean prices of Goods will now drop, no more kidnaps which has been lucrative business for governors and other politicians some months ago, since higher naira Is not in circulation, if you kidnap any one now, you will end up to release them without payment, or worst case you kill them which means you are loosing you continue staining your hands with blood for no gains then they will be frustrated and abandon the business.. So we are on good track CBN Should sustain this policy not only for this election but at least for 1 year or more.. Local marketers will no longer place a cup of rice for 250 or 300 naira,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by fof1: 8:06am On Feb 20, 2023
valentineuwakwe:

Elrufai is not an Expert in Economics or Management...I know him as a Flippant Politician, Pls
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by occfx: 8:06am On Feb 20, 2023
valentineuwakwe:

Vice president of Nigeria AKA, the head of the cabals have spoken and Buhari can do nothing.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Alpharey: 8:07am On Feb 20, 2023
Omoapena:
I think they should just rule out 500naira and 1000 naira from our notes and make 200naira the highest denominations

Gbamsolutely!

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by ObosiUkwalla: 8:07am On Feb 20, 2023
TheChameleon:
grin

Wow, I didn't know delta state and Agbor people re igbos. I tot Yoruba said they re south south and not igbos. Nice one
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by FireUpNow(m): 8:07am On Feb 20, 2023
El Rufai is fighting for the position Tinubu promised him. Because his statistics are not constant as he is giving different figures each day.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Abfinest007(m): 8:07am On Feb 20, 2023
tafabaloo:

Ain't everyone crying in their closets?
Do you know d number of deaths recorded due to the inability of some Nigerians to pay for Medicare?
Ain't u feeling the pangs ....I mean you yourself ?

Government cant be pretending to want to kill a rat and set the whole town in fire.

If you are complaining about votes buying , I think this policy has set in motion the mechanism for vote buying .....a lot of people wld want to to sell their votes this time around to get money to feed.
You wld see this coming Saturday...and INEC and security agencies wld not be able to do anything because their officials amd personnel are equally suffering .
it has affected me badly but I can't kee myself .why is it hell rude file of all people A man that doesn't care about d people dying in his state.if u believe that short dwarf it mean u can believe anything
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by ItswellMike: 8:07am On Feb 20, 2023
khalling2008:
Those who against Buhari for the past 7yrs will not agree with you Mr. Elrufai.

Those who called Buhari, jubrin from Sudan will not agree.

Those whose presidential candidate campaigns in Igbo-dominant areas in non igbo states will not agree.

Those whose presidential candidate only goes to church to campaign on religious lines will not agree.

Don't worry Mr. Elrufai, their defeat is glaring to them now they will go back to Biafra or the referendum. They will go back to call Nigeria, a zoo country.
Ur hand work

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by MT: 8:08am On Feb 20, 2023
valentineuwakwe:

Hate el rufai or love him, no one can question his intelligence. Most of the people castigating him will be greatful if given a tiny portion of his knowledge .

Dude is making sense with facts.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by VIKTO83(m): 8:08am On Feb 20, 2023
D funny thing here is that those shouting and abusing el-rufai online are more badly affected than those they think the policy was made to affect.
So funny.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Alpharey: 8:09am On Feb 20, 2023
khalling2008:
Those who against Buhari for the past 7yrs will not agree with you Mr. Elrufai.

Those who called Buhari, jubrin from Sudan will not agree.

Those whose presidential candidate campaigns in Igbo-dominant areas in non igbo states will not agree.

Those whose presidential candidate only goes to church to campaign on religious lines will not agree.

Don't worry Mr. Elrufai, their defeat is glaring to them now they will go back to Biafra or the referendum. They will go back to call Nigeria, a zoo country.

Pls don't take that sniper, you sound suicidal
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Aremwayne: 8:10am On Feb 20, 2023
Doyou2019:

If not for this policy who would have known these governors to be such talkatives.
Rambling over the same issue day in day out like irate market women and nagging housewives.
Especially bigots like El Rufai.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Omoapena(m): 8:11am On Feb 20, 2023
Reinamaria:

I agree.
If they're going to loot, at least they should work hard for it. cheesy

As for El Rufai, he should keep crying.
He's so pained that he wasn't let in on "the plan".
He thought he was Buhari's "man".
He was taken by surprise like the rest of them.

Exactly, this will reduce corruption drastically and improve economy, imagine that hausa man that carried 50m in 4 sacks, just imagine if the cash was in 200naira notes, he will need more than 15sacks to carry it and that would be inconvenient to move around...

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Alpharey: 8:12am On Feb 20, 2023
ObosiUkwalla:

Wow, I didn't know delta state and Agbor people re igbos. I tot Yoruba said they re south south and not igbos. Nice one

That is how they always change the narratives to suit whatever they want to achieve at the moment. We know their tactics. Igbos giving them sleepless nights always

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps / Photos Of Dino Melaye In Court As Accused Persons Deny Allegations Against Him. / Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.