Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN (51949 Views)

Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) / Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor / Naira Redesign: El-rufai & Kaduna State Govt. Mark Banks For Demolition (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Taba21: 9:36am On Feb 20, 2023
jhydebaba:
El-Rufai right on this one. Instead of naira redesign, we had naira recolourarion and instead of currency swap, we have currency confiscation.

Make den do allow us have access to our money again.

The only governor with Al,Ml, and Dl

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Donedeal1(m): 9:37am On Feb 20, 2023
Emefiele not more emefailure enough.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Themandator: 9:38am On Feb 20, 2023
jhydebaba:
El-Rufai right on this one. Instead of naira redesign, we had naira recolourarion and instead of currency swap, we have currency confiscation.

Your money is in your account..use electronic means to reach it ...I went to the market last Saturday and I paid for a 1k stuff through transfer ...everything I bought I paid through transfer except service charge for a repair work that cost a thousand naira

Many shops now operates POS from moniepoint ... according to them 8t is more reliable than zenith bank and co
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Danniedpastor(m): 9:39am On Feb 20, 2023
BigBrother9ja:
We don't care.

BUHARÌ is a colossal waste and failure, all thanks to his sentimental and NEPOTISTIC system of rulership. HE IS A TYPICAL FOOL ANI MAN.

BY THE GRACE OF GOD, A BETTER ADMINISTRATOR - TINUBU WILL TAKE OVER FROM HIM.

NIGERIA MUST PROGRESS

NIGERIA MUST BE GREAT AGAIN.

Children of hate and PERDITION must be put to shame.
The same Buhari you and your lord worshipped for over 7years?
The same one who does perfectly well by disobey court orders.
Just swallow your pain o. Foolish pepple
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Danniedpastor(m): 9:41am On Feb 20, 2023
khalling2008:
Those who against Buhari for the past 7yrs will not agree with you Mr. Elrufai.

Those who called Buhari, jubrin from Sudan will not agree.

Those whose presidential candidate campaigns in Igbo-dominant areas in non igbo states will not agree.

Those whose presidential candidate only goes to church to campaign on religious lines will not agree.

Don't worry Mr. Elrufai, their defeat is glaring to them now they will go back to Biafra or the referendum. They will go back to call Nigeria, a zoo country.
My candidate did not campaign in any church.
It hurts to see him pull crowd right behind your home, I understand.
Enjoy your government, ode
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Advancedman(m): 9:42am On Feb 20, 2023
valentineuwakwe:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2023/02/20/naira-redesign-el-rufai-reveals-what-buhari-originally-approved-for-cbn/

Why is it only this money dey pepper you for body?
What happened is CBN only used this opportunity to enforce cashless/ cash control policy against criminals like those shouting AWOL.
Bandits, kidnapping etc.
Our people are generally devilish see as they are bringing old note out of nowhere all of a sudden while people around them were hungry they join them in saying no money.
I maintain my stand that the problem of this country is the sabotage of our leaders in failing to build a sane society through discipline.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Advancedman(m): 9:43am On Feb 20, 2023
jhydebaba:

You and Hellrufai dey work for presidency and CBN?
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Taba21: 9:44am On Feb 20, 2023
akpaulite:
This man is brilliant
Can't take it away from him

Naa wise governor
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by khalling2008: 9:47am On Feb 20, 2023
ogwumgbe:

cry me a river, non that wins will stop the igbos from progressing, it's our destiny to survive despite all odds. Haven't you wondered that a region that have been sitting at home for two years is not affected with this currency swap? we are not mates brother, igbos are destined to be great, non can stop of from excelling. No economic theory will explain that a region that has been sitting at home for two years is not affected by currency swap, no be juju be that?

Progressing my foot!
Selling counterfeit product is a progressing from your region?

Carry drug is a progress in your region?

Do prostitute is progressing in your region?

Killing and eating according to the Igbo Christian Bible is progress in your region;
Ezekiel 5:10
Therefore in your midst fathers will eat their children, and children will eat their fathers. I will inflict punishment on you and will scatter all your survivors to the winds.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Charly68: 9:58am On Feb 20, 2023
Lets manage and endure the dictator till his tenure lapses, he wont stay in the office after his tenure and Nigeria will continue ..we pray for the best person to emerge as our next leader. we need a leader with emparthy and brain to take us out of the present woods ..cefa is now greater in value than naira..meanwhile it was not like that when GEJ was in the saddle... though crime has come down now but using naira to buy naira is not what we pray to experience in our nation. May the good Lord place all our leaders to where they belong in the history of our nation ..everyone will harvest what they sow..
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by BigBrother9ja: 10:01am On Feb 20, 2023
Danniedpastor:

The same Buhari you and your lord worshipped for over 7years?
The same one who does perfectly well by disobey court orders.
Just swallow your pain o. Foolish pepple
Wey rey

You should transfer your misery and frustration to:
Rochas
Amaechi
Rev Mbaka
Chris Ngige and other OSUs that sold the Buharì to you.

HYPOCRITES!
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by dalass(f): 10:09am On Feb 20, 2023
Helgreenluv:
Hmmm... this one weak me sha

Exactly. What should have been cash swap is now naira confiscation where having money doesn't mean you can really access it undecided
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by famology(m): 10:14am On Feb 20, 2023
I'm loving El Rufai.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Jembewon2020: 10:16am On Feb 20, 2023
khalling2008:
Those who against Buhari for the past 7yrs will not agree with you Mr. Elrufai.

Those who called Buhari, jubrin from Sudan will not agree.

Those whose presidential candidate campaigns in Igbo-dominant areas in non igbo states will not agree.

Those whose presidential candidate only goes to church to campaign on religious lines will not agree.

Don't worry Mr. Elrufai, their defeat is glaring to them now they will go back to Biafra or the referendum. They will go back to call Nigeria, a zoo country.
yes it's your time to wail , just experience it how it fell to be in opposition. Enjoy it why it last for our darling daddy is doing the Lord's work
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Helgreenluv(m): 10:16am On Feb 20, 2023
dalass:

Exactly. What should have been cash swap is now naira confiscation where having money doesn't mean you can really access it undecided
It's very saddening and frustrating. I'm completely stranded because no cash everywhere and some people don't accept transfer
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by yahmohy27: 10:18am On Feb 20, 2023
jhydebaba:

SIMPLE
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Helgreenluv(m): 10:19am On Feb 20, 2023
Bluntemperor:

Malam El- Rufai,you have spoken and is left for the Nigerians to digest the Truth!
Governor Emefiele has just been appealing to Nigerians for understanding and patience!
The question is why should the CBN hold my Money back- if I give you N100,000 Old Naira Notes,then I should immediately get same N100,000.back,so why is it difficult during this Naira Swap? The Truth is that the New Naira Notes are not available in the Banks, even up till now!
Does it mean that each time we go for Elections in Nigeria,we must tinker with our Natural Currency,if we are not Corrupt!
The problems today is because those in the CBN and Govt Offices don't feel the negative impacts, like a Common Man--who runs businesses on Cash!
How do Common Man purchase- palm oil, Garri, onions, pepper,etc. without Cash!
We don't have regular lights, so people try to go a long way to get fuel and they need Cash to run on generators and even on transportation and food on their table,now to fix things,yet no New Naira and even the Old Naira Notes are not also available!
Emefiele should stop making excuses to the Public!
Many businesses are closing, especially the Small and Medium Enterprises,as there is no Cash to run them!
It is well with Nigeria!
You've said it all. Amen. Will things ever get better in this country?
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Helgreenluv(m): 10:21am On Feb 20, 2023
seguno2:

Because you know how Hell Rufai is a liar and propaganda expert
Inasmuch as I don't like El Rufai, what he is saying now is nothing but the truth
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by Emmanuelellah: 10:22am On Feb 20, 2023
They thought the naira redesign will take much longer to complete so they can have more time to change their money they stock at home but they were caught unaware when the process was very short. Coloration was done by CBN so they can be caught unaware.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by ogwumgbe: 10:23am On Feb 20, 2023
khalling2008:

Progressing my foot!
Selling counterfeit product is a progressing from your region?

Carry drug is a progress in your region?

Do prostitute is progressing in your region?

Killing and eating according to the Igbo Christian Bible is progress in your region;
Ezekiel 5:10
Therefore in your midst fathers will eat their children, and children will eat their fathers. I will inflict punishment on you and will scatter all your survivors to the winds.

Yes and doing all that made us not to burn banks like your lazy lots that cant' withstand common a month hardship, lazy lizards, we are proud of what we do, you are too cowardly to take risks brother, drug deal; we are proud, remember that your demigod is the president of drug dealers
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by brutal1(m): 10:32am On Feb 20, 2023
You are just politicising Nigerians suffering. Do you have cash Everybody is suffering...Vote buying is inevitable as it is. It has backfired. You dont want me to sell my vote, good. My own money, hard earned money that no be una papa give me...I worked for it and now I dont have access to it. I am not broke...i am begging because a useless government wants to curb vote buying by punishing every nigerian. Sales don drop ...make anybody nor come tell us trash...everybody is feeling the heat. So I will see something that is scarce on election day I will not embrace it iku ma pa gbogbo yin ni ...
Hendrixky:
Make el rufai rest abeg

Confiscation was a good thing

If not that the common masses are more corrupt than our politicians
The whole Confiscation was something we should celebrate

While the little money cnb gave banks to distribute to the public bank managers were selling it to highest bidders and politicians

As of October 2022, currency in circulation had risen to N3.23 trillion out of which only N500 billion was within the Banking System while N2.7 trillion remained permanently outside the system
thereby distorting the financial policy and efficient management of inflation
The aim was to ensure that first all money returns into the banking system and little money goes out so that vote buying will be reduced but bankers were selling the little ones to politicians
We masses see our own corruption as normal but see politicians own corruption as bad thing

Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by PerfectMan24: 10:55am On Feb 20, 2023
Elrufai is looking for sympathizers
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by MT: 11:27am On Feb 20, 2023
Reinamaria:

It's not about whether he makes sense or not.
It's the motive behind the "making sense".

You gotta ask yourself; is this dude really fighting for me or for his own selfish interest?

How do you read people's motive?

I can tell you he is fighting for me because I need cash. I care less about the infighting among the political class Before Buhari, they were buying votes. After election, they will continue to buy votes.

We are choosing the best among thieves. It is not like the policy and the election will produce Barrack Obama.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by somehow: 11:52am On Feb 20, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
This man still dey rant? angry

Ogbeni move on already. Obi will sure normality returns to Nigeria by Saturday this week when he has been declared winner

You know politics at all?

The winner becomes active after May 29th.
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by aoaachives(m): 12:14pm On Feb 20, 2023
[quote author=Omoapena post=121060984]I think they should just rule out 500naira and 1000 naira from our notes and make 200naira the highest denominations [/quote

👍
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by obyno82: 1:03pm On Feb 20, 2023
naturally you don't have sense
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by alibiz: 2:00pm On Feb 20, 2023
Re: Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN by uvie66: 2:29pm On Feb 20, 2023
Hendrixky:
Make el rufai rest abeg

Confiscation was a good thing

If not that the common masses are more corrupt than our politicians
The whole Confiscation was something we should celebrate

While the little money cnb gave banks to distribute to the public bank managers were selling it to highest bidders and politicians

As of October 2022, currency in circulation had risen to N3.23 trillion out of which only N500 billion was within the Banking System while N2.7 trillion remained permanently outside the system
thereby distorting the financial policy and efficient management of inflation
The aim was to ensure that first all money returns into the banking system and little money goes out so that vote buying will be reduced but bankers were selling the little ones to politicians
We masses see our own corruption as normal but see politicians own corruption as bad thing

The CBN don't seem to understand, the majority of cash is outside the system happens because the banks ATMs are unreliable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ghana Begs Buhari To Open Closed Border / Nigerian Soldier Killed 14 Boko Haram Terrorists Before He Was Killed / Photos Of Dino Melaye In Court As Accused Persons Deny Allegations Against Him.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.