Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

My Experience As A Stammerer - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience As A Stammerer (12217 Views)

I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. / My HIV Experience As A Married Man / My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by drimzsmoke(m): 1:46pm On Feb 21, 2023
Sonnobax15:
grin
Op,I can relate....I be stutterer just like you too....But mine has reduced drastically as age set in...I can remember vividly how many times my dad tore my head with his walking stick simply because I couldn't reply him without jumping up and down, stuttering angry. My mom,of blessed memory then told me to stop relating in our local dialect and should relate more with English,stating that it actually worked for his younger brother,my uncle......That was my new dawn cool.

But whenever I remember all the knacks wey my old man give me for my head with him walking stick,I just dey laugh and say to myself,--"Oboy,to stammer no good oh" grin

This is how our parents controlled/corrected disorders in children,with beating,dem no dey take person go see therapist!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by Vinnie2000(m): 1:47pm On Feb 21, 2023
@Sonnobax

When a Stammerer is fcvking a Sweet Kpekus and he wants to Cum, tongue

Is the Moaning also in Stammering Form? 🤔🤔
Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by Phyde: 1:49pm On Feb 21, 2023
What's the remedy cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by immanuelsize: 1:54pm On Feb 21, 2023
When I was small, I used to experience it but as I grow older, I hadly experience it unless I'm angry and I'm talking fast. That is the only time it do show up.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by dynicks(m): 1:59pm On Feb 21, 2023
Stuttering that can make one loose composure and courage sometimes....chai!...that shit ain't worth experiencing!!

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by chatinent: 2:02pm On Feb 21, 2023
So you are trying to say you bin no bi stammerer but you come mimick stammerer, come smoke join, you come begin stammer?
Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by judatech: 2:04pm On Feb 21, 2023
Do you stammer when you think, dream or sing?
There lies the solution to stammering
Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by sofeo(m): 2:08pm On Feb 21, 2023
Alright

Check my signature
Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by 937y8ulu: 2:09pm On Feb 21, 2023
I was a very serious stammerer but my dad cured it when I was in JS3.

He would engage me in the morning before school. If I stammered no lunch money just transport.

I only fumbled once but when I am angry the stammering surfaces.
Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by tobby20: 2:14pm On Feb 21, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
So this thing finally made FP? angry

Nairaland have lost it purpose of existence
Just checking now
U are mad for saying shit
And I’m not moved it made FP
It was t even my intention

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by anthonydunamis: 2:18pm On Feb 21, 2023
This is also how I began to stammer. At the age of 5, I began to mimic one of our neighbours who was a serious stammerer. One day, I discovered I had developed a severe stutter which took over 20 years to bring under control. It really affected my self-esteem and public speaking.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by DMCA: 2:23pm On Feb 21, 2023
Webxpert2:

So you'll go and smoke now that your battery is low.

🤣
Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by 9182736455O1999(m): 2:24pm On Feb 21, 2023
tobby20:
guess I was like every normal kid , talking normally , no stress until one day I entered a trap .
Before I continue I’m on my bed , boredom wants to kill me , tho I’ve agreed with my mind not to take any drug throughout today , even for the rest of my life . So anytime I’m bored and think of smoking I just start writing lol .

Now back to my story jare
I vividly remember abusing my classmate , the. I was like 6 or 7 . The name of the guy is Tunde, he’s a stammerer , so I remember mimicking him in class one day , Gbam that was how my journey to stuttering began
My mom didn’t even make life easy for me as a kid , she wanted me to stop stuttering but she was aggressive towards passing d info. She shouts and sometimes abuse me .saying how would I toast my girlfriend that I like . Sometimes she even mimick the way I talk in the front of my junior brothers
My phone na 1% I go continue later
Come and continue the story na. Abi you still dey smoke?
Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by DMCA: 2:27pm On Feb 21, 2023
Akinfemmy:

Yahoo... Goofy.

I hate fraudsters. Just because i look good doesn't mean I'm into fraud. Not everyone comes from a poverty ridden family like you. I walk around police and soldiers, i wouldn't do that if my hand isn't clean. Moreover, I'm pretty sure I'm way older than you. I'm just few years short of thirty. This what happens when you make money and mind your business and not be a broke, wretched soul trolling people online.

Police!!!? The most corrupt law enforcement in Nigeria.🙃
Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by tobby20: 2:29pm On Feb 21, 2023
9182736455O1999:

Come and continue the story na. Abi you still dey smoke?
People are not enjoying it jare
They say I no sabi English .
Pls I’m tire and I’m experiencing withdrawal symptoms
Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by tobby20: 2:34pm On Feb 21, 2023
anthonydunamis:
This is also how I began to stammer. At the age of 5, I began to mimic one of our neighbours who was a serious stammerer. One day, I discovered I had developed a severe stutter which took over 20 years to bring under control. It really affected my self-esteem and public speaking.
Exactly my case ajeh
It’s just coming under control

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by abobote: 2:41pm On Feb 21, 2023
Meaningless and incoherent post
Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by Sleekfingers: 2:46pm On Feb 21, 2023
Phyde:
What's the remedy cry cry cry cry cry cry

Talk slowly , never respond too quickly, know the alphabets or words making you to stutter , practice them and pronounce them slowly anytime ....do breathing exercises , it will reduce any nervousness......

4 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by Tywo2018: 2:57pm On Feb 21, 2023
Go and Watch Steve Harvey on YouTube on this it will help.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by vislabraye(m): 3:37pm On Feb 21, 2023
Sonnobax15:
grin
Op,I can relate....I be stutterer just like you too....But mine has reduced drastically as age set in...I can remember vividly how many times my dad tore my head with his walking stick simply because I couldn't reply him without jumping up and down, stuttering angry. My mom,of blessed memory then told me to stop relating in our local dialect and should relate more with English,stating that it actually worked for his younger brother,my uncle......That was my new dawn cool.

But whenever I remember all the knacks wey my old man give me for my head with him walking stick,I just dey laugh and say to myself,--"Oboy,to stammer no good oh" grin

WHy your oldman come dey knack your head abi na your fault say you dey stammer?
African parents and abuse na one and two. Stammering is a reflex action.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by Chaos14: 4:36pm On Feb 21, 2023
Akinfemmy:

How can you lose something you never had? I went through your profile just as you did mine and i observed why you're frustrated. You need to take your own advice. For how long do you want to keep wasting your life away trolling people online. I mean look at you getting jealous because i look better than you. You're a miserable, toxic and embittered person. Smh
Read my comment again and reflect on your life. I didn't read what you wrote because i feel i shouldn't read comments from mentally unstable people
Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by Phyde: 7:13pm On Feb 21, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Talk slowly , never respond too quickly, know the alphabets or words making you to stutter , practice them and pronounce them slowly anytime ....do breathing exercises , it will reduce any nervousness......
Thank you.
Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by Sleekfingers: 7:18pm On Feb 21, 2023
Phyde:

Thank you.

You are welcome
Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by Bfly: 8:47pm On Feb 21, 2023
Karleb:
Stuttering should be the least of your problems especially if it's not so severe.

My mum stutters and she has traveled more, met more people and she speaks with more confidence than I could ever do.

I hated traveling with her as a kid because she's always cracking people up in the bus and at the center of funny discussions. At least, she has done this more than once in my presence.

She's really funny, very social too and talks a lot too.

So don't let stuttering hold you back. Most people wouldn't mind if you have something meaningful to say.

Should he not find solution to his problems because most people wouldn't mind or because of your mum?
Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by Josephfidelis(m): 9:10pm On Feb 21, 2023
Akinfemmy:

How can you lose something you never had? I went through your profile just as you did mine and i observed why you're frustrated. You need to take your own advice. For how long do you want to keep wasting your life away trolling people online. I mean look at you getting jealous because i look better than you. You're a miserable, toxic and embittered person. Smh
bro , I go fit see 3k from u😓😓😓
Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by Karleb(m): 9:11pm On Feb 21, 2023
Bfly:

Should he not find solution to his problems because most people wouldn't mind or because of your mum?

That's not the point.

I'm saying he shouldn't see it as a setback or consider himself a victim.

OP never made reference at finding a cure and I never dissuaded from finding one. Stammering still has its stigma and he should do his best to find a cure.
Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by johnnyn1(m): 10:32pm On Feb 21, 2023
Y’all don’t want to grow up still
Like you can’t open a thread and not see abusive comments or so.

Sighs…
Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 1:07pm On Feb 22, 2023
Sonnobax15:
grin

Exactly bro.. I don't stammer when I'm speaking English, but Whenever I try my dialect (Igbo), e go choke me..
Though it's reducing as I come of age
Re: My Experience As A Stammerer by Jeffosa007(m): 6:25pm On Feb 22, 2023
For almost 3 decades, stuttering has really took something from me.😭😭. I sit and reason within myself, can I ever have the opportunity one day to speak as people do without stress or words seizures and breakage? Would I be able to recover all that stuttering has taken away fro me all these past years? My thoughts everyday 😔😔😔

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why It Is Risky For Pregnant Women, Nursing Mothers To Drink Zobo-edokita / Have You Ever Been Body-shamed? / Health Benefit Of Tiger Nuts Popularly Known As (Aya, Ofio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.