Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,300 members, 7,829,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

2023: APC Is Hero Of Nigeria – Gov Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: APC Is Hero Of Nigeria – Gov Wike (193 Views)

'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri / Iyorchia Ayu Calls Tambuwal ‘Hero Of Convention’ As Atiku Visits Him / Ekiti Election: Why APC Is Winning In My Polling Unit – PDP Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: APC Is Hero Of Nigeria – Gov Wike by wwwihy: 7:18am On Feb 21, 2023
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has again said that he has no intention or plan to decamp to the All Progressives Congress, APC.

This is despite his stance on zoning the presidency to the South, describing the insinuations that he is dumping the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, for the APC as speculative.

The Ikwere-born politician, who has been at loggerheads with his party, the PDP, maintained that he remains an unrepentant member of the main opposition party.

The governor said this on Monday at the 114th quarterly general meeting of the Rivers State Council of Traditional Rulers in Port Harcourt.

He said: “I am not a member of APC and I will not be. But, they have made me to recognise that they are the heroes of this country.”

He recalled how the governors of the ruling party, especially those from the north, insisted that power must shift to the south during the primary elections.

“The governors of APC said the way the county is, they want the unity of this country and, therefore, the presidency should go to the South,” he added.

From all indications, the Rivers helmsman is working with the APC and its candidate on national level having declared war against the presidential candidate of his party.

Wike and his party have been at war ever since the outcome of presidential primary of the main opposition party did not favour him.

The governor, who had declared he would work with whoever emerged winner of the primary election, has remained aggrieved since May 2022 when Atiku Abubakar was declared winner of the party’s primary election

https://dailypost.ng/2023/02/20/2023-apc-is-hero-of-nigeria-gov-wike/
Re: 2023: APC Is Hero Of Nigeria – Gov Wike by Cantonese: 7:19am On Feb 21, 2023
E too pain Wike.

Now Wike is on the survival path. He already asked his agents to deliver Rivers State to APC, with his myopic political calculation that an APC win will save him from severe punishment and political alienation by an Atiku win. What a shame that Wike now practically stands alone with all the ill-gotten money.

What will happen if his candidate in the governorship election loses? For me, his candidate finally will be caught by the EFCC or ICPC and many secrets will be discovered.

Wike shows himself as a very bitter and unforgiving fellow. That's not to be tolerated in politics, especially when you momentarily hold power. Others supported him to achieve his ambition and he will pay a very big price in Rivers politics.

The race in Rivers State has become a four horse race, with LP and SDP in it. Wike's myopic calculation rests on 100,000 SAs employed, added to thugs. He forgot that ordinary citizens can account for more votes. Without the people, how can his candidate win? Just like what happened in 2003, when OBJ tricked AD, Wike's agents will out of the confusion vote for APC.

Whatever happens, Obi remains the best candidate.
Re: 2023: APC Is Hero Of Nigeria – Gov Wike by Naira20: 7:23am On Feb 21, 2023
Kikikiki...
Though, Wike has lost his relevance and has been demystified,
We know Wike didn't say those things and no one cares if he joins Tinubu now.

Peter Obi remains Wike's Boss any day anytime

He thought OBIdients are PDP members who couldn't handle him
Re: 2023: APC Is Hero Of Nigeria – Gov Wike by shuttox: 7:28am On Feb 21, 2023
Wike is a coward
He will still end up like Fayose that's all I see

Re: 2023: APC Is Hero Of Nigeria – Gov Wike by BlessedOne01: 7:33am On Feb 21, 2023
Wike na man you be!

You have proven to be a "true Southern Nigeria warrior"!

PDP ti lule

LP/obifooolish ti lule

Renewed Hope 2023!

BATified 2023!
Re: 2023: APC Is Hero Of Nigeria – Gov Wike by aylive02(m): 7:42am On Feb 21, 2023
Balless Wike

(1) (Reply)

Movie Star , 'uwaezuoke' Begs Voters To Vote Princess Mbakwe For Anambra Central / 2023 Elections: NLC And The Labour Party Encourage Workers To Vote / Military Must Be Deployed Till 2 Weeks After Elections..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.