Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,028 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri (20925 Views)

We Own Lagos, We Own Nigeria - King West, MC Oluomo’s Son Boasts / Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu / Nnamdi Kanu: Those Who Feel They Have Another Country Free To Go - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:55am On Apr 19, 2023
Adamawa State Governor, Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri has accused some politician with federal power of trying to truncate his victory at the just concluded gubernatorial election in the state.

DAILY POST recalls that after several controversies that trailed the conduct of the election, the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, declared the governor winner of the polls.

Professor Muhammed Mele, who served as the returning officer for the election, declared that Fintiri polled a total of 430,861 votes to beat his opponent, Aishatu Dahiru Binani of the All Progressives Congress, APC, who garnered 396,788 votes.

The electoral umpire had on Sunday, suspended the collation following the unlawful declaration of the APC candidate as the winner of the election by the then Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC), Barr Hudu Yunusa Ari who has already been suspended.

Speaking about the saga while featuring on Channels Television program on Tuesday, Fintiri said he did not contest against Binani but against INEC and those allegedly influencing the commission.

He said, “I don’t think I have run against any woman in Adamawa State, I ran against enemies of democracy outside Adamawa State.

“I contested against the whole system, I contested against those who feel they own Nigeria from Abuja and they feel they can make Adamawa a scapegoat.

“Even in the election, I didn’t go into the election against the woman, I went into the election against INEC. The whole presiding officers that were conducting the election, all of them were APC members.”

DAILY POST

95 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by Felabrity: 7:57am On Apr 19, 2023
Call them out

It is the druglord or the incompetent man?

158 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by ImmaculateJOE(m): 7:57am On Apr 19, 2023
Felabrity:
Call them out

Fulani Oligarchy headed by the incompetent man.

Fulani are minorities in Adamawa State.

The other tribes (The Bachamas, the Marggis, the Higgis, the Kilibas, Chambas, Yoros, Lakas and so so many others has sworn not to allow them to power again..

183 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by inoki247: 7:58am On Apr 19, 2023
Lol na Abuja he mention....

How Buhari keeps getting cool with everything is what I don't understand...

That man wickedness carry silent....

118 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by insidelife22(m): 7:59am On Apr 19, 2023
Good for him
Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by christejames(m): 8:01am On Apr 19, 2023
It's the same people that grabbed and stole ObiDatti mandate but guess what...

The stolen mandate don hook them for neck 😂, that's why they had to allow Fintiri to stay.

142 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by Cantonese: 8:01am On Apr 19, 2023
Shameless people.

40 Likes

Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by JASONjnr(m): 8:18am On Apr 19, 2023
Fintiri should just shut up, he's one of the governors with no major project attached to his name......

He has no reason to return to the office.....

APC made a mistake to fill up a woman in their space. If it was a good contender, Fintiri would've been a goner.....

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by Caramia2020(m): 8:24am On Apr 19, 2023
No one own the country, the masses are the owners of Nigeria but they don't know that they are the owner of Nigeria.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by slivertongue: 8:26am On Apr 19, 2023
And you defeated them.

I didn’t go into the election against the woman, I went into the election against INEC. The whole presiding officers that were conducting the election, all of them were APC members.”

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by Odin13: 8:29am On Apr 19, 2023
Aisha Buhari is a disgrace to Nigerian women.. she’s an imp.. that want to be godmother to Adamawarians ..

Thank God .. soon she will retire .. permanently

Power to the people

God bless Nigeria

DSS na joke we Dey… truth dey bitter .. but if e hard we turn am to
Play.

We know say Aisha no Dey like this truth..

49 Likes

Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by Odin13: 8:33am On Apr 19, 2023
JASONjnr:
Fintiri should just shut up, he's one of the governors with no major project attached to his name......

APC made a mistake to fill up a woman in their space. If it was a good contender, Fintiri would've been a goner.....

If you’ve been to Adamawa.. of recent .. you will understand that man is the best governor .. in northeast..

You don’t sit here and talk what’s not true

Northern governors no Dey blow trumpet .. because they don’t have press ..

Ganduje is flaunting his project because .. of Tinubu Yoruba Apc media .. same with Zulum..what’s will your day in today’s Bornu.. with all noise .. why’s Zulum not working .. again

Tambuwal did so good in sokoto.. Also..

Kebbi jigawa .. yobe .. Gombe .. are all dead governors .. and you dey mention Fintri.. for north

PDP governors are always delivering .. go to Bauchi and see Bala Mohamed..

92 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by GualaGuala(m): 8:33am On Apr 19, 2023
H
Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by Billionaire2: 8:34am On Apr 19, 2023
the most annoying is the British envoy who congratulated a candidate when election was not concluded

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by doctokwus: 8:34am On Apr 19, 2023
Yakubu should be in jail.
From the bvas saga to ballot box snatching and ripping of ballot papers to the open heist Wike conducted in Rivers State and other atrocities in Imo and other states,he still went ahead to gleefully announce doctored results during the national elections.
I suspect he has a vested interest in Binani not emerging victorious,if not Binani did what many Nigerian politicians have done and got away with;bribe one RO or Rec in this case to announce you winner,even at gun point and dare your opponent to go to court,knowing INEC doesn't have powers to stop u;at the court bribe the judges since you are already sitting on government money,influence and powers.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by Goodlady(f): 8:35am On Apr 19, 2023
Shey e n gboro?
Is Buhari not the president?

1 Like

Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by Burruchaga71(m): 8:36am On Apr 19, 2023
Caramia2020:
No one own the country, the masses are the owners of Nigeria but they don't know that they are the owner of Nigeria.
100%
Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by Ofunaofu: 8:36am On Apr 19, 2023
sad
Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by backtovillage: 8:36am On Apr 19, 2023
Felabrity:
Call them out

Is Tinubu in Abuja? think think
He is not in Aso rock yet

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by Owoino: 8:37am On Apr 19, 2023
Dem don't allow this one now make he win,he don de make mouth.
Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by bonechamberlain(m): 8:37am On Apr 19, 2023
angry APC hmmm

2 Likes

Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by NaughtyBrainiac: 8:38am On Apr 19, 2023
No too dey run your mouth anyhow.

You contested majorly against women and men that felt that Election was the closest opportunity of having the first female Governor in Nigeria.

If the margin was so wide, do you think we'll be having all these conversation right now?

Seyi Makinde of Oyo State no be your mate?

Babagana Zulum of Borno State no be your mate?

If you be better Incumbent wey perform well pr first term, shey Binani suppose follow you do keen contest like this?

Bros, as far as I am concerned, that your slim victory with that margin is more like a loss for an Incumbent Governor.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by Kennyfancy(m): 8:38am On Apr 19, 2023
Buhari
Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by Fiscus105(m): 8:38am On Apr 19, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:

DAILY POST

I don't blame you, if you have told to approach court as usual,you wouldn't have be bragging now.

1 Like

Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by Image123(m): 8:39am On Apr 19, 2023
lol, Nigerians always fight imaginary battles. The person that declared you winner is from UN or Facebook?
When PDP and PDPlite win, it is divine victory and will of people, but when APC wins, it is democracy on the brink. Hypocrites.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by Kennyfancy(m): 8:39am On Apr 19, 2023
The last part is what obi is fighting against

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by Helpfromabove1(m): 8:39am On Apr 19, 2023
Everyone was everyone was anxious to see the first elected female governor in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by 1950Mack: 8:40am On Apr 19, 2023
grin wetin you go talk before.... hehehehe... luck turn in your favour na abi... if no be that nerd called hari abi na harry potter sef... wey move pass him shadow, APC don already cook enough beans before the werey no let am donn wey e throway am for ground... in anything in life patience is key... even if you're gonna win you may lose if you're not patient enough... wetin scratch the ode for blokus wey make am jump like frog and scatter plans... he for wait make dem finish rigging to the highest votes in the end of collation as planned... he wan show confidence... aboki na aboki... now dem go fry am chop like dodo... because fintiri don promise to deal with all those involved grin

3 Likes

Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by ifa98(m): 8:40am On Apr 19, 2023
Are from Adamawa??, you can ask from anyone how the state is from people that visited the state of recent
JASONjnr:

5 Likes

Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by atobs4real(m): 8:40am On Apr 19, 2023
congratulations Fintiri.
Move one as you have won
Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by Kennyfancy(m): 8:40am On Apr 19, 2023
JASONjnr:

so nah she is no longer a good contender ?
Re: 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri by Topmaike007(m): 8:41am On Apr 19, 2023
O

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku’s Lawyers Begin Scrutiny As Chicago University Releases Tinubu’s Academic / Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel / Ogun 2019: APC Picks Salako Oyedele As Deputy Governorship Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.