Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

First Bank Account Frozen - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / First Bank Account Frozen (2105 Views)

I'm Having Eco And First Bank Aptitude Test The Same Day / First Bank Staff In Port Harcourt Reacts To Mass Sack Allegation / First Bank, Whtycleon Sacking Staff Massively (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Account Frozen by Princeadedayo97: 10:05am On Feb 21, 2023
Pls who has ever witnessed this with first bank? I carried out a transaction of over #300,000 and after using part of the money to pay my fees, I was left with around #102,000 thereabouts. Suddenly I found out I couldn't use the money for any transaction again. Upon getting to the bank to complain, I was told my account was frozen by KYC. Pls who has been in this condition before? How did you resolve it and how many days did it take? Mods pls help me move it to front page for more comments. Thanks
Re: First Bank Account Frozen by Janesouthall: 10:14am On Feb 21, 2023
Princeadedayo97:
Pls who has ever witnessed this with first bank? I carried out a transaction of over #300,000 and after using part of the money to pay my fees, I was left with around #102,000 thereabouts. Suddenly I found out I couldn't use the money for any transaction again. Upon getting to the bank to complain, I was told my account was frozen by KYC. Pls who has been in this condition before? How did you resolve it and how many days did it take? Mods pls help me move it to front page for more comments. Thanks

KYC means Know Your Customer...they just want to know you more...your physical place of work ...address...etc...even if it takes you one thousand years, your account will remain dormant till you do your KYC.
Re: First Bank Account Frozen by Enskynelson(m): 10:17am On Feb 21, 2023
Princeadedayo97:
I have had similar issue with UBA before. This is often common with all those 'students' account. The moment your account carries out a transaction or receives transfer greater than required, it is frozen.
Mine was bitter because I had traveled out of my state of residence and didn't know my account was frozen. Transfer didn't go, couldn't withdraw at the ATM too. I had send mail and eventually, I did everything online. What delayed mine was because, some of the documents required was not with me. It took less than 48hours after submitting those documents to get the account unfrozen.
It's often a bitter experience. See my mail then.

Re: First Bank Account Frozen by Enskynelson(m): 10:20am On Feb 21, 2023
Here are the documents requested for then

Re: First Bank Account Frozen by Zonefree(m): 10:26am On Feb 21, 2023
Janesouthall:

KYC means Know Your Customer...they just want to know you more...your physical place of work ...address...etc...even if it takes you one thousand years, your account will remain dormant till you do your KYC.
Is he supposed to do KYC or the bank supposed to do KYC on him

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Account Frozen by Janesouthall: 10:31am On Feb 21, 2023
Zonefree:

Is he supposed to do KYC or the bank supposed to do KYC on him

He will go to the bank...the bank will send an official with him to check his place of work...house address etc...after which the official will inform the bank of his findings then the bank will open your account
Re: First Bank Account Frozen by Princeadedayo97: 1:48pm On Feb 21, 2023
Thanks everyone for your response. Now I have a clearer understanding of the whole thing.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Youth Africa Leadership Initiative YALI Free Online Network Courses / PMP Exam Is Back In Nigeria / Fundamentals Of Upstream Oil & Gas Operations And Business (training)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.