Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,517 members, 7,816,252 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

The Nigerian Mans Shame Of Giving Birth In UK, Canada, USA - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Nigerian Mans Shame Of Giving Birth In UK, Canada, USA (2406 Views)

Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters / Experience Of A Canada Bound Nigerian: The Shame Of A Nation. / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Mans Shame Of Giving Birth In UK, Canada, USA by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:36am On Feb 25, 2023
studyless123:

He's referring to Nigerians. Are you saying that Nigerians aren't interested in living in these South American countries and only need the passports for travels?

Some may not be.

Everyone has their individual reasons for wanting to acquire a second passport.
Re: The Nigerian Mans Shame Of Giving Birth In UK, Canada, USA by Gerrard59(m): 4:43pm On Feb 25, 2023
ferhyntorlah:

Well said.

Japanese passport = numero uno (number 1)
Singaporean and South Korean passport = 2nd place or 2nd and 3rd place. Not sure of the ranking.

But these 3 passports are the strongest!

Japan's passport is stronger than the Singapore's, quite alright. However, Singaporeans can apply for the H1B1 visa to work in the US - 99% chances of getting approval. On the other hand, Japanese have to apply for H1B like everyone else. That, in my opinion, elevates the Singaporean passport above Japan's.

This means, the Singaporean can easily work in the world’s biggest economy than his/her Japanese counterpart.
Re: The Nigerian Mans Shame Of Giving Birth In UK, Canada, USA by Gerrard59(m): 4:46pm On Feb 25, 2023
seguno2:

Please is Singapore a South American country

No. I used it for an illustration.

OkanlawonB:

Being Visa free and having right of abode or right of residence in these destinations are two different thimgs.
No south american passport entitle you right of abode or residence in Europe

Outside the EU, no other passport does this. But some passports make it easier to apply for jobs in other countries even while in their home countries. Singaporeans can easily get approved to work in the US than a British or German.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Mans Shame Of Giving Birth In UK, Canada, USA by Gerrard59(m): 5:25pm On Feb 25, 2023
justwise:

You do not understand my point

There are jobs in the UK, but they are poorly renumerated. Even British citizens acknowledge this. They cry in their posts when salaries are compared in a sub-reddit I follow. And this is not the tech industry o. The annoying aspect is the high cost of living. Now, with BREXIT, Brits have to apply for visas to visit EU countries.

In my opinion, any passport that easily affords her holders to work in the US is better off than the next one that does not offer similar opportunity.
Re: The Nigerian Mans Shame Of Giving Birth In UK, Canada, USA by justwise(m): 7:38pm On Feb 25, 2023
Gerrard59:

There are jobs in the UK, but they are poorly renumerated. Even British citizens acknowledge this. They cry in their posts when salaries are compared in a sub-reddit I follow. And this is not the tech industry o. The annoying aspect is the high cost of living. Now, with BREXIT, Brits have to apply for visas to visit EU countries.

In my opinion, any passport that easily affords her holders to work in the US is better off than the next one that does not offer similar opportunity.

That is not true, British citizens do not need a visa to visit EU countries.

Cost of health care in US takes away whatever salary gap them have over the UK.
Re: The Nigerian Mans Shame Of Giving Birth In UK, Canada, USA by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:40pm On Feb 25, 2023
justwise:

I think he's talking about work visas not visit visas.
Re: The Nigerian Mans Shame Of Giving Birth In UK, Canada, USA by Gerrard59(m): 3:32am On Feb 26, 2023
justwise:

Thanks for the correction.

As for salary, I would rather earn more money while being insured by my company than earn less while queing to be attended to by unpredictable striking, overworked and poorly paid doctors at the NHS.
Re: The Nigerian Mans Shame Of Giving Birth In UK, Canada, USA by justwise(m): 6:56am On Feb 26, 2023
Gerrard59:

Thanks for the correction.

As for salary, I would rather earn more money while being insured by my company than earn less while queing to be attended to by unpredictable striking, overworked and poorly paid doctors at the NHS.

Dude you have no point, jf you have emergency medical attention here you will get it and many workers here also have private medical insurance paid by their employer, i have one but i have never used it.

There is no debate about the cost of US medical system, Here even if you don't work or never worked in your life you are still entitled to free medical treatment and that includes major operations.

Tell me how much it cost US citizens without insurance to give birth? Its free here.
Re: The Nigerian Mans Shame Of Giving Birth In UK, Canada, USA by studyless123: 12:21am On Feb 27, 2023
Gerrard59:

Japan's passport is stronger than the Singapore's, quite alright. However, Singaporeans can apply for the H1B1 visa to work in the US - 99% chances of getting approval. On the other hand, Japanese have to apply for H1B like everyone else. That, in my opinion, elevates the Singaporean passport above Japan's.

This means, the Singaporean can easily work in the world’s biggest economy than his/her Japanese counterpart.

You're thinking from the perspective of a Nigerian. There's no incentive for a Japanese for wanting a job in the US and seeking H1B. The major beneficiaries of the H1B are Indians and Chinese. Don't forget the H1B is used by companies to seek for workers.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Mans Shame Of Giving Birth In UK, Canada, USA by Gerrard59(m): 5:01am On Feb 27, 2023
studyless123:

You're thinking from the perspective of a Nigerian. There's no incentive for a Japanese for wanting a job in the US and seeking H1B. The major beneficiaries of the H1B are Indians and Chinese. Don't forget the H1B is used by companies to seek for workers.

If a Japanese wants a job in the US, he has been to be in the H1B pool. H1B is not country specific. Yes, the major beneficiaries are Indians and Chinese, mostly through Infosys and Wipro.

On the other hand, a growing number of Japanese, mostly younger ones, are heading to the US for higher salaries.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Mans Shame Of Giving Birth In UK, Canada, USA by XAUBulls: 9:59pm On Feb 27, 2023
OkanlawonB:
Citizenship by birth is still possible only in USA and Canada, no EU country grant such citizenship again. It was the Irish Repuplic that last did that but from 2005 onwards no longer possible. UK`s citizenship by birth ended in the early 80`s.
From my personal experience the process of child birth in Nigeria is far more efficient and less complicated than it is in Europe. In Nigeria there is less need for cesarean section because our pregnant women in Africa naturally do more excercise and eat less fatty foods than the Women in Europe or North America. Coming to Europe just to give birth after paying so much money does`not make any sence. Child birth in Europe for residents and citizens is free.
Nicely put.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Visa To Ethiopia / Anthony Joshua Present His Heavyweight Belts To Buhari In UK (Photo) / Traveling With A Language School Admission Letter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.