Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters (30423 Views)

UK Removes Nigeria, 10 Countries From Red List / COVID-19: UK Expected To Remove Nigeria, 10 Other Countries From Red List / Nigerian Man Travelling To Saudi Arabia On Bicycle (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by lalasticlala(m): 9:16pm On Dec 11, 2021
Nigerian Government To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List, Stop Airlines From Flying Into Country

The Nigerian Government has stated that it will place the United Kingdom, Canada and Saudi Arabia on a red list over the outbreak and spread of Coronavirus' Omicron variant.

The President Muhammadu Buhari's administration say it will also stop airlines from those countries coming into Nigeria in retaliation for the three nations banning travels from Nigeria over the new COVID-19 variant.

Minister of Aviation, Hadi Sirika, revealed this in an audio recording obtained by SaharaReporters on Saturday.

The minister noted that if the countries placed Nigeria on a red list, they lacked a moral right to have their airlines coming to Nigeria for commercial services.

Sirika said, “There is also a case of Saudi Arabia that put Nigeria on the ban list; Canada. Today, there was a meeting in which I participated from the COVID-19 Task Force.

“We have given our input that it is not acceptable by us and we recommend that those countries – Canada, UK, Saudi Arabia and Argentina – be also put on the red list.

"So, like they did to us, if they don’t allow our citizens into their country; who are they coming as airlines to pick out of our country?

“So, they are not supposed to come in. I am very sure in the next three days; Monday or Tuesday, all those countries will be put on the red list of COVID-19.

"Once they are on the red list, which means they are banned, their airlines will also be banned. I am so sorry we are going through difficult times, but it is in the interest of our country.”

SaharaReporters had reported earlier that citing the increasing cases of Omicron, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia suspended flights from Nigeria.

The General Authority of Civil Aviation in Saudi Arabia had confirmed the flight suspension in a circular to all airlines operating in the Kingdom.

On Wednesday, there were unconfirmed reports that there were preparations for repatriating Nigerians in the Kingdom over Omicron.

The UK on its own had last Saturday included Nigeria on a red list of country where non-British travellers were banned over the new COVID-19 variant.

The British High Commission had also last Sunday said it would stop issuing visitor visa applications from all red list countries including Nigeria.

The Federal Government had rejected the ban imposed on Nigeria by UK and Canada over Omicron.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/12/11/exclusive-nigerian-government-place-uk-canada-saudi-arabia-covid-19-red-list-stop

63 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by money121(m): 9:18pm On Dec 11, 2021
Endtime Diseases

Covid-19cry cry

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by starbuck(f): 9:18pm On Dec 11, 2021
A case of DO ME I DO YOU and 1ST TO DO NO DEY PAIN

149 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by Ahmed0336(m): 9:20pm On Dec 11, 2021
Good..

Time to show these countries we have balls.

179 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by Scoocoo94(m): 9:20pm On Dec 11, 2021
Good for them

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 11, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 11, 2021
Nigeria dey place Canada and UK for red list.

101 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by tofolo(m): 9:21pm On Dec 11, 2021

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by EyezofGod120: 9:21pm On Dec 11, 2021
grin this country in deep shit

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:21pm On Dec 11, 2021
Naija dey ment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by johnchins: 9:21pm On Dec 11, 2021
Vv
Mtcheew

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by Prouddaddi: 9:21pm On Dec 11, 2021
Hmmm

Las las we go overcome.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by GboyegaD(m): 9:21pm On Dec 11, 2021
Every nation should do what works most for them.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by EmmanuelScott1(m): 9:21pm On Dec 11, 2021
See cruise, naija government dey form, lol grin

25 Likes

This is the only good thing Buhari has done. How can those who brought Covid-19 be banning us from going to their countries? Africa need to wake up.

182 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by obembet(f): 9:21pm On Dec 11, 2021
Where una president go treat his Malaria?

43 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by zmanto(m): 9:21pm On Dec 11, 2021
I'm fully in support of it

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by jaxxy(m): 9:22pm On Dec 11, 2021
I don’t think u should ban countries that ban u bt countries that are high risk.

Does this simply mean if a country that is high risk doesn’t ban us we won’t ban them? grin

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by Ajibade123(m): 9:22pm On Dec 11, 2021
why don't they just ban them immediately instead of waiting 2 to 3 days I hope we have the balls sha o

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by yesloaded: 9:22pm On Dec 11, 2021
Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by DoggoneDogg: 9:22pm On Dec 11, 2021
I actually support this.

Those whites always feel only they matter. They want to force their evil vaccine on Africans and Nigeria seems ripe for them.

Ban them too. Nobody has the monopoly of madness.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by Judolisco(m): 9:22pm On Dec 11, 2021
Do me I do u
Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by younglleo: 9:22pm On Dec 11, 2021
Rubbish!
They have to ban you b4 una do audio retaliation!
Ndie ara!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by ProJectAnatot(m): 9:22pm On Dec 11, 2021
I like this! No be every time we go dey form mumu for all this so called first world countries. I am still trying to understand their rational for banning Nigeria when they are the ones obviously affected by covid... Nigeria should do the banning ASAP if they don't want to remove us from their red list. Imagine how many persons and businesses must have been affected by this uncalled - for banning.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by IPIGSRHYPO: 9:22pm On Dec 11, 2021
Good move.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by awa(m): 9:22pm On Dec 11, 2021
Place them before coming out to say it

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by Escape4Real(m): 9:22pm On Dec 11, 2021
Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by Nchenches: 9:22pm On Dec 11, 2021
Retaliatory and reactionary. Is it worth it?

Nigeria's present political leaders don't seem to understand yet that Nigeria is down, and no more the much-vaunted giant of Africa.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by funmike83(f): 9:22pm On Dec 11, 2021
This country is a joke

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 11, 2021
There is a reason for that but some nairalanders will never understand instead call the virus fake and the government corrupt...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters by opico24: 9:23pm On Dec 11, 2021
We are getting there grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller / Makurdi Hotel In October / UK Launches 24-hour Visa Service In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.