Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Solution To This Cashless Policy Of The FG And CBN - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Solution To This Cashless Policy Of The FG And CBN (479 Views)

How Come Nairaland Don't Have A Privacy Policy? / Can Someone Help Me With A Solution To This Python Problem / Help Me With The Solution To This Problem In C++ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solution To This Cashless Policy Of The FG And CBN by Primusinterpares(m): 12:53pm On Feb 21, 2023
So i have been thinking of late as to what can be the solution to this new cashless policy in this country and these are what I think we can do.

FINTech is the solution.

Lets design a cross payment platform where our phone numbers can be used to make payments for goods and receive payment for services in the smallest amount possible.

Like if i buy a #20 water i can pay the seller with his/her phone number easily.

A network such as 2G that is readily available almost everywhere in Nigeria will be used.

Ussd code to be used.
This way we can make payments on the go.

Another option is Like a scan to pay things.
So the tomatoes seller has her barcode.
After purchase, you just scan to pay.

I think these will help us in this cash less policy situation we find ourselves.

Thanks.

New ideas are welcomed.
Re: Solution To This Cashless Policy Of The FG And CBN by tabithaolaniyi0: 12:59pm On Feb 21, 2023
called mobile Money
Re: Solution To This Cashless Policy Of The FG And CBN by pipnator00(m): 1:29pm On Feb 21, 2023
Believe me, someone, some where is already building such app and about to deploy!

Just like the Corona period, difficult situations like the CBN cashless policies does one thing,-----> Create New Opportunities and Millionaires.

Primusinterpares:
So i have been thinking of late as to what can be the solution to this new cashless policy in this country and these are what I think we can do.

FINTech is the solution.

Lets design a cross payment platform where our phone numbers can be used to make payments for goods and receive payment for services in the smallest amount possible.

Like if i buy a #20 water i can pay the seller with his/her phone number easily.

A network such as 2G that is readily available almost everywhere in Nigeria will be used.

Ussd code to be used.
This way we can make payments on the go.

Another option is Like a scan to pay things.
So the tomatoes seller has her barcode.
After purchase, you just scan to pay.

I think these will help us in this cash less policy situation we find ourselves.

Thanks.

New ideas are welcomed.
Re: Solution To This Cashless Policy Of The FG And CBN by Primusinterpares(m): 1:45pm On Feb 21, 2023
pipnator00:
Believe me, someone, some where is already building such app and about to deploy!

Just like the Corona period, difficult situations like the CBN cashless policies does one thing,-----> Create New Opportunities and Millionaires.
I need partners... We can bring our ideas together and start up something...

That way they will be competition in the industry

Re: Solution To This Cashless Policy Of The FG And CBN by Primusinterpares(m): 1:48pm On Feb 21, 2023
tabithaolaniyi0:
called mobile Money
hummmmm... Kind of. But this one is linked to your bank account via bvn/nin...
Re: Solution To This Cashless Policy Of The FG And CBN by Primusinterpares(m): 1:49pm On Feb 21, 2023
pipnator00:

You are right.
But we can also start something and help our society to win... At the end of the day we win too because we can offer it as a service to the nation
Re: Solution To This Cashless Policy Of The FG And CBN by BlaqFaze: 1:58pm On Feb 21, 2023
Education is the only solution

Fintech choke for this country....in the whole of Africa, I don't think any country comes close to Nigeria in the number of fintech apps available.

Good old Opay is similar to what you're saying...
it doesn't require BVN

your phone number is your account number

It works well with 2g network

And use can use it without data on MTN and Airtel....but I don't know if it has ussd.

The market women and the likes need to know that, things like this exists.
Re: Solution To This Cashless Policy Of The FG And CBN by Primusinterpares(m): 2:15pm On Feb 21, 2023
BlaqFaze:
Education is the only solution

Fintech choke for this country....in the whole of Africa, I don't think any country comes close to Nigeria in the number of fintech apps available.

Good old Opay is similar to what you're saying...
it doesn't require BVN

your phone number is your account number

It works well with 2g network

And use can use it without data on MTN and Airtel....but I don't know if it has ussd.

The market women and the likes need to know that, things like this exists.

Like are you sure about this?

Opay uses your phone number as account number and money can be sent to your phone number on the go?
Re: Solution To This Cashless Policy Of The FG And CBN by Maxxim: 11:40am On Feb 22, 2023
Opay does this and have been saving my azz admist these situation.
The only problem is it's reach and users, It would have made sense if most of these traders owns an opay machine, funny enough some don't have any bank account, I had to persuade some in my neighborhood to go open an opay account cos it's more easier to open an account with them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solution To This Cashless Policy Of The FG And CBN by Sheriman(m): 12:20pm On Feb 22, 2023
Someone somewhere is already thinking about this solution implementation and finances are the main problem
Re: Solution To This Cashless Policy Of The FG And CBN by CodeTemplar: 12:47pm On Feb 22, 2023
Sound cool but redundant when you consider that your transaction will share same channel other similar solutions are already sharing. That means when network starts failing every transaction due to load level, your platform too will be affected.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solution To This Cashless Policy Of The FG And CBN by Primusinterpares(m): 8:24pm On Feb 22, 2023
Maxxim:
Opay does this and have been saving my azz admist these situation.
The only problem is it's reach and users, It would have made sense if most of these traders owns an opay machine, funny enough some don't have any bank account, I had to persuade some in my neighborhood to go open an opay account cos it's more easier to open an account with them.
Great move.
But am thinking of something simple transactions can be done with ease.
Re: Solution To This Cashless Policy Of The FG And CBN by Primusinterpares(m): 8:26pm On Feb 22, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Sound cool but redundant when you consider that your transaction will share same channel other similar solutions are already sharing. That means when network starts failing every transaction due to load level, your platform too will be affected.
That's the jinx am looking of breaking and overcoming.
Something that is built differently

(1) (Reply)

Wordpress Theme Developers Come In. / We Do Mobile Application, Software, Desktop Application, Web App / Udemy Account For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.