Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,605 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

If Ibb Was Our President Today! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Ibb Was Our President Today! (835 Views)

No Programme Of Event Has Been Scheduled For Osinbajo As Acting President- Today / Buhari Meets With Obanikoro, Issoufou, Niger President Today In Abuja [photos[ / If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Ibb Was Our President Today! by BigB11(m): 3:20am On Aug 30, 2007
First, I will like to express my sympathy, respect and understanding to those who went through difficult period during IBB's regime.

If IBB was our president today:

- Things would have been different in many ways for better.
- He would have gotten more support from very powerful Nigerians all over the world, who were ready to assist in elevating this nation back to the top.
- The pride of our nation would have been restored and Aso Rock would have commanded more positive respect from Nigerians in general.
- Corruption would have been eradicated; an effective and efficient strategy to control corruption in Nigeria would have been introduced.
- Leaders in general wouldn't have the guts to ever stash away any funds that belong to the government.
- Restoring the Nigerian economy and improving the standard of living would have been witnessed by now.
(sometimes it takes the one that breaks it to restore it faster)

IBB never calls himself a saint and no one is calling him a Messiah.
Absolutely the man made few mistakes during his time just like any one of us. And I still feel that we've made a major mistake and blew a life time opportunity to quickly restore Nigeria back as the Giant of Africa, by not allowing IBB to come back and redeem himself.

As few of us still see this man as an evil genius; in my book IBB remains the most intelligent, loyal, stylish, honest, generous, dedicated and exciting true leader Nigeria has ever had.

I wish President Yar'Adua the best and long life; but I think at this point in Nigeria IBB would have been a better fit. And I hope one day he gets the opportunity in any way to redeem himself and show Nigerians his true identity as a kind and God fearing individual, who cares about people in general.

May God bless Nigeria.
Re: If Ibb Was Our President Today! by smile4kenn(m): 4:56am On Aug 30, 2007
If IBB is the president now, Nigeria will be progressing everyday, so many Rich companies and individuals will invest in Nigeria, We wil take Nigeria to next level and our economy will also rise, His second coming can make a better Nigeria
Re: If Ibb Was Our President Today! by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 30, 2007
May God forgive both of you.
Re: If Ibb Was Our President Today! by doyin13(m): 10:23am On Aug 30, 2007
@topic

waka shege
Re: If Ibb Was Our President Today! by dblock(m): 10:31am On Aug 30, 2007
Morons.
Re: If Ibb Was Our President Today! by funloving(m): 11:22am On Aug 30, 2007
Big B1:

First, I will like to express my sympathy, respect and understanding to those who went through difficult period during IBB's regime.

If IBB was our president today:

- Things would have been different in many ways for better.
- He would have gotten more support from very powerful Nigerians all over the world, who were ready to assist in elevating this nation back to the top.
- The pride of our nation would have been restored and Aso Rock would have commanded more positive respect from Nigerians in general.
- Corruption would have been eradicated; an effective and efficient strategy to control corruption in Nigeria would have been introduced.
- Leaders in general wouldn't have the guts to ever stash away any funds that belong to the government.
- Restoring the Nigerian economy and improving the standard of living would have been witnessed by now.
(sometimes it takes the one that breaks it to restore it faster)

IBB never calls himself a saint and no one is calling him a Messiah.
Absolutely the man made few mistakes during his time just like any one of us. And I still feel that we've made a major mistake and blew a life time opportunity to quickly restore Nigeria back as the Giant of Africa, by not allowing IBB to come back and redeem himself.

As few of us still see this man as an evil genius; in my book IBB remains the most intelligent, loyal, stylish, honest, generous, dedicated and exciting true leader Nigeria has ever had.

I wish President Yar'Adua the best and long life; but I think at this point in Nigeria IBB would have been a better fit. And I hope one day he gets the opportunity in any way to redeem himself and show Nigerians his true identity as a kind and God fearing individual, who cares about people in general.

May God bless Nigeria.

Big B1 give reasons for your upbeat posture towards an IBB presidency
Why do you think he would have brought Nigeria to these enviable heights when he could not or did not do so in his first coming even then, he had military might which he could have used positively if he had so wished ?

A man's future actions can easily be deduced from his past actions.

Give me hard core evidence that this IBB would have lifted Nigeria. Not just mere wishful thinking of a hard core loyalist
Re: If Ibb Was Our President Today! by desgiezd(m): 2:00pm On Aug 30, 2007
I think what you mean is that the exact opposite of those things you listed would have been happening by now if IBB were the President. What you didnt remember to add is that he would have embraced and pet or even kiss Patricia Eteh, the House of Rep speaker for those house-renovation-contracts she awarded. Towards the end of the year, he would have given her GCFR (the highest award in the land) for a job well done.
Re: If Ibb Was Our President Today! by HolinessM: 2:02pm On Aug 30, 2007
i will refuse to have sex for one day.
Re: If Ibb Was Our President Today! by Mamajama(m): 2:24pm On Aug 30, 2007
PEOPLE PLEASE DISREGARD THIS TOPIC BIGB1 my of friend is one of IBBs Children, what more can you expect but for him to promote his disgusting fat neck toothless general ambition to distroy a nation that our fore fathers struggle to unit. BIGB1 IBB will NEVER GET CLOSE to ASO ROCK again. the closest he will be to ABUJA is the CELL WE are building for him IN KUJE PRISON. We are still waiting for his stale cold beans and rice to arrive from CHINA. WE will give him tooth paste laced with Antifreeze to close the gap between his teeth

IBB is a dead script in NIgerian history. we will set him ablaze when the time come, for now lets try and build the country. PEACE
Re: If Ibb Was Our President Today! by desgiezd(m): 2:34pm On Aug 30, 2007
I think what you mean is that the exact opposite of those things you listed would have been happening by now if IBB were the President. What you didnt remember to add is that he would have embraced and pet or even kiss Patricia Eteh, the House of Rep speaker for those house-renovation-contracts she awarded. Towards the end of the year, he would have given her GCFR (the highest award in  the land) for a job well done.
Re: If Ibb Was Our President Today! by IykeD1(m): 4:43pm On Aug 30, 2007
@BigB

IBB never calls himself a saint [/b]and no one is calling him a Messiah.
Absolutely the man made [b]few mistakes
during his time just like any one of us. And I still feel that we've made a major mistake and blew a life time opportunity to quickly restore Nigeria back as the Giant of Africa, by not allowing IBB to come back and redeem himself.

A Saint - True, IBB never called himself a saint, it was those boot lickers most of whom benefited from his disgraceful years in power.

Made a few mistakes - He made more than a few mistakes and would have made more if
he had lasted a day longer than he did.

Comeback bid - There is one life to live, IBB had his chance to make a difference in the
lives of the average Nigerians but he did the opposite. We had a disaster recalling OBJ, but
bringing back IBB in the name of redemption will be triple tragedy! He is a spent and visionless
force.

I am glad there is one Nigerian who thinks IBB is all that and more (you), but I guarantee you
a majority of Nigerians wants IBB confined to the past. He can enjoy his loot in peace, but if
he feels he needs to redeem himself, its not too late to setup educational or health trust funds
all over the country as I am sure his 24% or so stake in Globacom can easily pump in billions of
naira to those trust funds annually.

The best way for IBB to truly redeem himself is for him to devote all the treachery and thieving
skills employed in looting the country into charitable works, not another chance for him to play
ping pong with the affairs of the country.
Re: If Ibb Was Our President Today! by saintchux(m): 5:26pm On Aug 30, 2007
Big B1:

Did IBB tell you to apologies on his behalf?
Re: If Ibb Was Our President Today! by Mamajama(m): 5:33pm On Aug 30, 2007
Yes, a son will always know how his father thinks. if IBB is kill or jail today that will be the end of BIGB1. no more trips to Europe USA, and lavish living. so I see his point, and beside IBB can never rule Nigerians again.
Re: If Ibb Was Our President Today! by BigB11(m): 6:10pm On Aug 30, 2007
Did IBB tell you to apologies on his behalf?

Did I mention that I was speaking on behalf of anybody?

My man, pay attention!
Re: If Ibb Was Our President Today! by BigB11(m): 6:20pm On Aug 30, 2007
This has nothing to do with the man; this is nothing, but how I feel.
Infact, I may be wrong, but I still have the right to express what i think.
I can also assure you that I have absolutely nothing to gain or lose if IBB returns.

No need to waste time or energy on this issue; nothing is guaranteed for anybody. Let us just hope for a great Nigeria.

May God bless Nigeria.
Re: If Ibb Was Our President Today! by Afam(m): 6:29pm On Aug 30, 2007
How can a man who is credited with all these attributes

Big B1:

want to bother with redemption?

Big B1:

And I hope one day he gets the opportunity in any way to redeem himself and show Nigerians his true identity as a kind and God fearing individual, who cares about people in general.

May God bless Nigeria.

What is he redeeming himself of? From intelligence, loyalty, honesty, generosity, dedication?
Re: If Ibb Was Our President Today! by Mamajama(m): 6:33pm On Aug 30, 2007
@BIGBEE FOOL
Next time you talk of intelligent, loyal, stylish, honest, generous, dedicated and exciting true leader Nigeria has ever had.

and you include IBB's name your father in the same sentence we will burn you alive

The crusade is still very much alive. we will not go to sleep until this man and his entire family are banish from Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Do U Think Yaradua Is Not Doing Any Thing About University / Etteh And Deputy, Babangida Ngoroje Resigns. / My Heart Goes Out For Yar'adua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.