Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,229 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' (52720 Views)

Akeredolu: Murderous Herdsmen Are Desperately Trying To Overrun Our State / Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State / Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by CSTRR: 12:15pm On Feb 22, 2023

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by goslowgoslow(m): 12:16pm On Feb 22, 2023
Penguin2:
That’s their mentality….

Their prayer right now is for Tinubu to win so that they can confiscate Igbo properties in Lagos and send us back to the east or buy back our properties by paying billions of naira to them.

But God cannot be mocked!
Olodo we could have done that long ago. Yorubas are not like you people. Show me anywhere in the east where a non indigene is holding a position. Your brother Obi retrenched all non indigenes from Anambra civil service. Una still get mouth to talk.

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by pachigo001(m): 12:16pm On Feb 22, 2023
Lagos is no mans land the earlier urchins realized it the better for them
Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by goslowgoslow(m): 12:17pm On Feb 22, 2023
chatinent:
Every tribe lives everywhere but because of politics, you've become an idiot to tribalism.

Maybe politics has blinded many eyes but I'll tutor you for free. If you consider the Awori to be the indigenous population of the original owners of Lagos State, then you must refer to them as the Bini. And that's because they are Bini people. It is imperative that we understand the past in its proper context.

Meanwhile, Eko can rightly be said to be owned by the Yorubas. No arguments. However, last time I checked, there are more Hausa and Yoruba men in Aba for example, than there are the Igbos. In fact, there's a place called Mosque reserved for them there. And they do their businesses freely without disturbance. More so, they have made friends there and even inter-married.

In the markets too, there are innumerable Yorubas in big Igbo markets like the Ariaria, Ngwa Road Market, Main Markets among others. As they are Igbos in Yoruba lands and every other places in Nigeria. These Yorubas blend in easily and are never seen as immigrants.

In my house, there's a Yoruba man and a Hausa man here, and they are one of the lovely people I've seen. Remove tribal politics and you'll understand that the main people who should be hated are the politicians. Whether you call anyone Nyamiri, or Ndi Ofe Mmanu, or Aboki(mostly in derogatory sense) it is very stupid to think you are superior to others. No apologies.

Talking about the Igbo migration, in Togo for example, their two big markets, Asiyeye and Asiganmi, is dominated by Igbos. In Wurukum in Benue too, it's the same.

In Biu in Borno State, before the insurgency, their market woman liaise well with the Igbos and good women from other tribes.

In Alaba International Market, Lagos, it's the same thing. Is bringing business and revenues for the state a bad thing? Rather than concentrate on the business mind, you caption it that they come in “night buses“ and then “insult the owners.“ Why all these political hate for a tribe? What does night buses denote? Poverty? Even you and I know that the Igbo tribe isn't a poor one.

How and why?

I grew up with the Hausas and if I were to choose a more peaceful people, I'll choose them. I also stayed in Lagos and a typical Yoruba man really has no problems. I stayed in the East too. I think the major thing an Igbo man concentrates on is to feed his family. Then how come politicians make it as though we are enemies?

Are we really enemies? A laughable lie.

Nigerians are scattered everywhere abroad! And in those places, they have communities to their names. It's part of human nature to migrate!

In the UK, yeah, everyone knows about the racism there. We complain a lot about it. But the new normal in Africa is that we are also horrible racists. In our tribes, I mean our main tribes, we also exclude some clans as inferior or outcasts...maybe due to our numbers. Even if Nigeria is divided, you'll notice that each tribe will still create internal tribalism amongst themselves. That's how bad your leaders are.

Back to discussion, of all the tribes littered everywhere, why are the Igbos the only people you feel are immigrants to Lagos? Isn't it constituted that everyone can live anywhere? Are the Igbos the only tribe in Lagos?

You aren't politically learned then!

Is it because there's an Igbo man in the political race? Is this why the Igbo tribe are always in your mouths? Is Tinubu from Lagos himself? Tinubu is from Iragbiji in Osun state...and instead of hating people stealing from you, you hate people they program you to hate.

I've always maintained that whatever anybody does, blame the person not the place.

Politically-wise and otherwise, if you cannot reason out the bloodline of political sentiments by politicians using you as a pawn, you will remain a pawn to every political narrative.

The three main contestants are all failures yet some are killing themselves over them. Some are dead already and more will still die. Same politicians who'd still meet and eat together after the elections. They call it politics and not physical war; but na your skull dey roll.

Idiocy per excellence.
Yes every tribe lives everywhere but you have to respect your host.

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Espelbengz(m): 12:18pm On Feb 22, 2023
Oga keep kwayet! U don't know gbyagir's then, because most of Dem live in their villages and uneducated doesn't mean they don't say this things, go buy gbyagir person land wey they allocate to you first, then come back and say this again! Meanwhile it is wrong to label fellow citizens as immigrants regardless.

alsudan:
Another reason Thiefnubuu will never be President.

Calling Nigerians immigrants in their own country.

The Gbagi/Gwari are the Indigenes of the most developed place in Nigeria, but you never see them insulting other tribes or calling them immigrants who need to be grateful.
Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by olat70(m): 12:19pm On Feb 22, 2023
YOU CHECK FEOM YOUR VILLAGE WEBSITE ABI?
Ofunaofu:
Dayo is actually referring to everyone who is not a lagos State indigene including Tinubu, cos the last time I checked Tinubu is not from lagos State

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by richynd: 12:19pm On Feb 22, 2023
Nonsense. Lagos wouldn't be Lagos without the contribution of the people living in Lagos both indigenes and non-indigenes.

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by ObidenceNeckpre: 12:20pm On Feb 22, 2023
see mor0n , what concern North in your stupidity and nonentity chest beating is same hausa /Fulani u call cows ?? you these Foolish Ndigbo are so senseless . The yourbas in state are law abidding , they respect themselves and understand they are visitors on a journey despite being Nigeria , they are planning to drag the state with their host and they knw they are coming back home to yoruba land to rest at old age or finally.

its ur imbeccile brain Ndigbo in Lagos yoruba dragging the state with the yorubas that will be thought a very bitter lesson , even after the elections . sebi u guys are daft and senseless
CSTRR:

You are playing with fire.

By the time they carry out mass deportation of all Yoruba indigenes from southern Nigeria and possibly even the North, they will come back to Lagos and beat sense into your head for pouring sand into their garri.

What is even in Lagos?

Do you how many yorubas are in my State alone eating from my oil?

Don't play with fire.

Nobody has a monopoly of madness.

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by MrColdsweat: 12:21pm On Feb 22, 2023
CSTRR:
The yorubas outside yorubaland better warn their wayward brothers led by the likes of Tinubu.

They are playing with fire.

They will never condemn this statement because they're all hateful tribalist.
Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by PoloG: 12:21pm On Feb 22, 2023
sukkot:
the most tribslistic people are those who are abroad or hsve lived abroad, you know why ? Cuz when you get abroad you come to the realisation that you are an unwanted second class citizen who they are tolerating. So the desire to fight for your hometown to be better intensifies. Eg nnamdi Kanu and Simon granuts and Dayo Israel etc etc I understand it. And yes we need to go back to regional government. Oduduwa nation and Biafra nation and arewa nation and south south nation
no mind that black fool called ednut1
sp because he schooled abroad, make he see truth nor talk am?

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by ConfidentialDoc: 12:21pm On Feb 22, 2023
CSTRR:

By the time they carry out mass deportation of all Yoruba indigenes from southern Nigeria and possibly even the North, they will come back to Lagos and beat sense into your head for pouring sand into their garri.

What is even in Lagos?

Don't play with fire.

Who said anything about mass deportation ?

That is so babaric and old school cheesy
Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by ogaontop(m): 12:21pm On Feb 22, 2023
Ireportlive:

Peter Obi sacked Non Anambra Indegene from Anambra State Civil Service , retrenching workers from Imo, Enugu and Ebonyi

When asked to speak on the policy, he stated it clearly that Federal Allocations were low and Anambra State money was solely for Anambra State indegenes

Ironically the same man that said Anambra State allocation were low, deposited over 75 billion naira in Access/Diamond Fidelity bank making 20% intrest for the banks he had share

Jagaban
Right now go to Alausa Secetariat, Igbo men and women who got recruited under Bola Ahmed Tinubu are now Senior Level Officers, Directors and Permanent Secretary.... Not a single Yoruba man works with Anambra Civil Service

The truth is he NEVER sacked anybody bro. It's good to get your facts right!

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by CSTRR: 12:24pm On Feb 22, 2023
ObidenceNeckpre:
see mor0n , what concern North in your stupidity and nonentity chest beating is same hausa /Fulani u call cows ?? you these Foolish Ndigbo are so senseless . The yourbas in state are law abidding , they respect themselves and understand they are visitors on a journey despite being Nigeria , they are planning to drag the state with their host and they knw they are coming back home to yoruba land to rest at old age or finally.

its ur imbeccile brain Ndigbo in Lagos yoruba dragging the state with the yorubas that will be thought a very bitter lesson , even after the elections . sebi u guys are daft and senseless
Wetin concern north?

You think it would stop in the south?

I am from Delta State.

If Dem born una papa well,carry out that threats.
Target any southern ethnic group because they refused to vote for your drug Lord.

You all would know the difference between 6 and half a dozen.

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by ChukwuObe: 12:24pm On Feb 22, 2023
Ckonnet:
Idiots like this one ridicules the yoruba race and pitching them against others.

Many of you are fools and stupid. Did you say the same thing When Peter Obi sacked non-Anambra indigenes while he was the governor?

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by ChukwuObe: 12:25pm On Feb 22, 2023
CSTRR:

Wetin concern north?

You think it would stop in the south?

I am from Delta State.

If Dem born una papa well,carry out that threats.
Target any southern ethnic group because they refused to vote for your drug Lord.

You all would know the difference between 6 and half a dozen.

Many of you are fools and stupid. Did you say the same thing When Peter Obi sacked non-Anambra indigenes while he was the governor?

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Mefa01: 12:25pm On Feb 22, 2023
Lies from the pit of hell. Agbado urchins,
when Fashola deported non indigenes from Lagos, did you Urchins salad anything. You people hypocrites and hatred for Igbos will destroy you people one day.

Ireportlive:

Peter Obi sacked Non Anambra Indegene from Anambra State Civil Service , retrenching workers from Imo, Enugu and Ebonyi

When asked to speak on the policy, he stated it clearly that Federal Allocations were low and Anambra State money was solely for Anambra State indegenes

Ironically the same man that said Anambra State allocation were low, deposited over 75 billion naira in Access/Diamond Fidelity bank making 20% intrest for the banks he had share

Jagaban
Right now go to Alausa Secetariat, Igbo men and women who got recruited under Bola Ahmed Tinubu are now Senior Level Officers, Directors and Permanent Secretary.... Not a single Yoruba man works with Anambra Civil Service

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by hotwax: 12:26pm On Feb 22, 2023
Your state?

omo agbole wo ni e ni lagos?

ibadan and ijebu people claiming lagos

we know the real omo onile of lagos, the eguns, they have been sidelined
Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by liasmiram2567: 12:27pm On Feb 22, 2023
Penguin2:
That’s their mentality….

Their prayer right now is for Tinubu to win so that they can confiscate Igbo properties in Lagos and send us back to the east or buy back our properties by paying billions of naira to them.

But God cannot be mocked!

No! NO!!NO!!. GAod willin Tinubu will win and you will be allowed to stay to continue your business unless you decide to move.We are not vindictive.
Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by CSTRR: 12:27pm On Feb 22, 2023
ChukwuObe:

There is no proof of that.

But there is proof that fashola deported fellow Nigerians.

And of recent, tinubu and his groups have been ramping up the xenophobia.

Make devil no push una to start what you cannot finish.
Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by naturefellow(m): 12:30pm On Feb 22, 2023
Dayo Israel, BATified, Urchins - in one picture...

seunmsg lhordspy FreeStuffsNG Moh247 okoroawusa yarimo

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by XAUBulls: 12:31pm On Feb 22, 2023
ganisucks:
APC Youth Leader Dayo Israel:

https://twitter.com/dayoisrael/status/1627668139730141185?cxt=HHwWgoCwjZTj0ZYtAAAA

This is what the APC youth leader, Dayo Israel, said at a public youth debate.
Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by PoloG: 12:31pm On Feb 22, 2023
Truthdeypain:

God punish you and your lies.

Bastard algea gulping piece of shit.

Tinubu killed a lot of Hausa men and women in lagos state during his time in lagos state. This is a fact.

Your useless Tinubu also masterminded the OWO massacre and the End sarz massacre.

Unlike your useless propaganda. Tinubu has always had blood on his hands.
the untimely death that killed your father will soon locate you cheesy
Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by 12inchess: 12:33pm On Feb 22, 2023
It is easy for you people to say "Lagos is No man's Land" and yes Lagos accommodates all. But many of the Igbos in Lagos especially the ones that are coming from deep Igbo land have a lot of "blending" to do. They need to integrate or keep quiet because they would not even tolerate other tribes in thier own region. Do Igbo even sell land to Yorubas within their community? Abeg make una free us. Yorubas are very accomodating and the typical Igbo is the most tribalisitic in Nigeria.In fact you are very clanish. It's only when they enter Lagos they start yelling "marginialization"

DO NOT TAKE THE YORUBAS' BENEVOLENCE IN LAGOS FOR STUPIDITY

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by leokid866: 12:34pm On Feb 22, 2023
CSTRR:

What is even in Lagos?

Don't play with fire.

lol I love how you people always go straight to "my oil" like you were the ones that told God where to put it.......
Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 22, 2023
chatinent:
Every tribe lives everywhere but because of politics, you've become an idiot to tribalism.

Even if politics has caused many people to have their vision impaired and mindset political disorganized, I'm willing to help you out for free. If you consider the Awori to be the indigenous community that once owned the land that is now Lagos State, then you should refer to them as Bini. And this is due to the fact that they are Bini people. It is of the utmost importance that we comprehend the past within its appropriate setting.

You’re a big fool. When did Awori become Bini?

Bini only settled in parts of Lagos Island at the behest of Aworis. Lagos Island was also the capital of Nigeria, not Lagos state.

Lagos state has neither been the capital of Nigeria nor has anything to do with Bini. Over the years, Lagos state has expanded into Ogun state and every Yoruba group in Ogun state has parts of Lagos state that they’re indigenous to.

The indigenous Lagosians are Awori, Egba, IEgun and Ijebu. Wetin concern Bini for that one?

We go show una pepper soon. Una too carry Lagos for head when you won’t give anyone an inch in your useless region. You have radicalized a lot you Yoruba with your effrontery and you go get wetin you dey ask for soon.

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by SlurUsername1: 12:35pm On Feb 22, 2023
chudez0147:
This one don't have sense.... as if Lagos is not Nigeria again .

Lagos is Nigeria not Biafra chibuike.
Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Taich(m): 12:35pm On Feb 22, 2023
alsudan:
Another reason Thiefnubuu will never be President.

Calling Nigerians immigrants in their own country.

The Gbagi/Gwari are the Indigenes of the most developed place in Nigeria, but you never see them insulting other tribes or calling them immigrants who need to be grateful.

I am sure if you ask the "youth leader" where Gbagi/Gwari is, he will answer in negative. Why should they be anything like youth debate?
Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by leokid866: 12:38pm On Feb 22, 2023
Manofnaija:

Simple too, refund all the taxes and levies collected before asking them to leave.

Now that your eyes are opened to the real situation for the elections, your brags have turned to threats, use of abusive words and violent actions.

Know it too that 60% of Yorubas WILL NOT vote for APC. So, it's not a thing of Ibos that you hate naturally.
lol is this not the same way you people were shouting that you will abandon Lagos and go back to the east should Buhari become president in 2015? Eight years later and we are still waiting for you to leave, this one that cownu and his urine drinkers have locked down Mondays for your people who do you think is going hold you if we want to clean you out of the SW? who do you think will beg for you?
Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Mfetenang: 12:39pm On Feb 22, 2023
Exactly, so why don't you send them back by night bus?
Yoruba people are too tolerant.
IPOB people can never try that nonsense in the North.

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by twilliamx(m): 12:40pm On Feb 22, 2023
Penguin2:

He also sacked Anambra people same period.

It was about competence, not where they are from.

When are you guys going to have sense?

Indeed
Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Hydroxide(m): 12:41pm On Feb 22, 2023
leokid866:
now I'm very sure you don't have a pvc....😁🤣
lol. Saturday won't be my first time of voting.
Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by ejimatic: 12:42pm On Feb 22, 2023
ganisucks:
APC Youth Leader Dayo Israel:

https://twitter.com/dayoisrael/status/1627668139730141185?cxt=HHwWgoCwjZTj0ZYtAAAA

This is what the APC youth leader, Dayo Israel, said at a public youth debate.
On average over 1 000 IGBOS come to Lagos every day for sustainance. We will know who owns Lagos soon. 3days to go .Eyes go clear well well!. grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Man Offers To Cut Buhari's Hair For 1year To Save 86m Off The Nation's Budget / It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued / Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60