Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,162 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Difference Between BSC And HND . - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Difference Between BSC And HND . (4355 Views)

Difference Between BSc And BSc(Hons) / What's The Difference Between Bsc (Hons) And Ordinary Bsc? / Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between BSC And HND . by RTID: 5:41pm On Feb 21, 2023
BSc and HND are different Educational qualifications. You will get BSc certificate if you attend University and you will get HND certificate if you attend polytechnic. No doubt there are a lot of educational differences between the students of universities and polytechnics. For you to gain admission into universities, you have to score over 200 in your JAMB and post jamb. But once you score 160 in jamb you can enter any polytechnic in Nigeria.

Let see 5 things of out what BSc Graduates can do that HND Graduates Can not do

1. Going for master directly.

HND can not go for his master directly after his HND degree without doing PGD. Even if you graduate with distinction, no universities in Nigeria will admit you for masters unless you do that PGD but BSc Graduate can go for his master directly.

2. BSc can Lecture HND but HND can not lecture BSC.

BSc Graduate can be Employed into polytechnic to Become a lecturer. But no University will employ an HND holder into a university system to lecture University students

3. HND can not become Doctor

HND Graduate can not become a medical doctor. Only people that attend University can become Medical doctors.

4. BSc can Become Enginner. HND can only Become a technician

BSc can become an engineer while HND can only because a technician

5. HND cannot rise Above level 14 while BSc can rise to Level 17 in Civil Service

HND graduate cannot rise above level 14 except such a person acquires an additional degree (PGD) for his or her conversion to officer cadre that terminates at Grade Level 17. BSc can rise above grade level 14 to 17 before retire.

your are free to challenge me if these points are not true.

BSc is far far better than HND

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by Prettygirl200(f): 7:47pm On Feb 21, 2023
That's why am studying hard to score high in jamb, but the truth is that am using jamb scholarly app, can I really get such above 200 using the app ?

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by akwesenana: 7:56pm On Feb 21, 2023
Prettygirl200:
That's why am studying hard to score high in jamb, but the truth is that am using jamb scholarly app, can I really get such above 200 using the app ?
Which school?
What course?
Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by Prettygirl200(f): 7:58pm On Feb 21, 2023
akwesenana:
Which school?
What course?
mass communication. A federal school, uniben, uniport or abraka!!

1 Like

Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by VinnyBaba: 8:07pm On Feb 21, 2023
Prettygirl200:

Hmmm, Mass Fornication. tongue cheesy

Anyways, if you get Admission into Delsu Abraka, Alert me
I will come an Track you there.. wink

5 Likes

Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by akwesenana: 8:07pm On Feb 21, 2023
Prettygirl200:
1) Didn't you put any school during your jamb reg?
2) Focus on past questions. If you can get around 220, your'e sure of admission.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by Prettygirl200(f): 8:14pm On Feb 21, 2023
akwesenana:
1) Didn't you put any school during your jamb reg?
2) Focus on past questions. If you can get around 220, your'e sure of admission.
I did put abraka a state university in Delta state, but if I gat a higher score I can change institution. Past questions are costly nd I have to buy 4 as my utme subjects demands. 1 is about 4 to 5k it's too costly abeg that's why m using the jamb scholarly app I paid 1k online before I even got access to it.
Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by Prettygirl200(f): 8:16pm On Feb 21, 2023
VinnyBaba:

Hmmm, Mass Fornication. tongue cheesy

Anyways, if you get Admission into Delsu Abraka, Alert me
I will come an Track you there.. wink
Why are you stupid? Don't make me hate you pls.
Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by akwesenana: 8:24pm On Feb 21, 2023
Prettygirl200:
I did put abraka a state university in Delta state, but if I gat a higher score I can change institution. Past questions are costly nd I have to buy 4 as my utme subjects demands. 1 is about 4 to 5k it's too costly abeg that's why m using the jamb scholarly app I paid 1k online before I even got access to it.

Who told you past questions is 5k?
You can see past questions at myschool.ng
It's free.
You should have put a federal university.
Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by Prettygirl200(f): 8:32pm On Feb 21, 2023
akwesenana:

Who told you past questions is 5k?
You can see past questions at myschool.ng
It's free.
You should have put a federal university.
it's thesame thing am saying, did u not hear when u said I have jamb app past questions on my phone? It's called jamb CBT scholarly. Abi I go con go dey download another one? Is it not desame thing?. I am not sure of my score that was why I put abraka first, if my score is higher than 180 I will do change of institution!!!
Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by VinnyBaba: 9:06pm On Feb 21, 2023
Prettygirl200:
Why are you stupid? Don't make me hate you pls.

Lolss, you ain't smart.

Dat's a Phrase used to tease Mass communication students in University environments. 😏 smiley

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by Prettygirl200(f): 9:40pm On Feb 21, 2023
VinnyBaba:

Lolss, you ain't smart.

Dat's a Phrase used to tease Mass communication students in University environments. 😏 smiley
If that your dumb teasing is what being smart is all about, then I refused to be smart. U don't joke with everything!!!
Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by Bukola94: 10:04pm On Feb 21, 2023
RTID:
BSc and HND are different Educational qualifications. You will get BSc certificate if you attend University and you will get HND certificate if you attend polytechnic. No doubt there are a lot of educational differences between the students of universities and polytechnics. For you to gain admission into universities, you have to score over 200 in your JAMB and post jamb. But once you score 160 in jamb you can enter any polytechnic in Nigeria.

Let see 5 things of out what BSc Graduates can do that HND Graduates Can not do

1. Going for master directly.

HND can not go for his master directly after his HND degree without doing PGD. Even if you graduate with distinction, no universities in Nigeria will admit you for masters unless you do that PGD but BSc Graduate can go for his master directly.

2. BSc can Lecture HND but HND can not lecture BSC.

BSc Graduate can be Employed into polytechnic to Become a lecturer. But no University will employ an HND holder into a university system to lecture University students

3. HND can not become Doctor

HND Graduate can not become a medical doctor. Only people that attend University can become Medical doctors.

4. BSc can Become Enginner. HND can only Become a technician

BSc can become an engineer while HND can only because a technician

5. HND cannot rise Above level 14 while BSc can rise to Level 17 in Civil Service

HND graduate cannot rise above level 14 except such a person acquires an additional degree (PGD) for his or her conversion to officer cadre that terminates at Grade Level 17. BSc can rise above grade level 14 to 17 before retire.

your are free to challenge me if these points are not true.

BSc is far far better than HND

that your no. 4 is so wrong. Some HND students are better engineers than BSC holders. In fact they perform excellent in field work. I know few guys in civil engineering and architecture who are better than BSc. BSc maybe better in theory than HND. But in practical and field work, I will give it to HND

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by Asebaba1(m): 10:18pm On Feb 21, 2023
Bukola94:
that your no. 4 is so wrong. Some HND students are better engineers than BSC holders. In fact they perform excellent in field work. I know few guys in civil engineering and architecture who are better than BSc. BSc maybe better in theory than HND. But in practical and field work, I will give it to HND
Certificate wise he is Right
Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by peanutbutterr: 10:24pm On Feb 21, 2023
Prettygirl200:

lol my sister all this school you mentioned , your pus.sy go hear am hot hot πŸ₯΅

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by Fkj2021: 10:58pm On Feb 21, 2023
akwesenana:
Which school?
What course?

You don't need JAMB to get admission into National Open University of Nigeria.

There is mass communication up to PhD level.

Send a DM for more information
Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by Prettygirl200(f): 11:01pm On Feb 21, 2023
peanutbutterr:

lol my sister all this school you mentioned , your pus.sy go hear am hot hot πŸ₯΅
Why did u say so? Am going there to study and I know these schools are corrupt no doubt but am going there to learn and obtain a degree
Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by anochuko01(m): 11:09pm On Feb 21, 2023
Lol this is true though.

I've got an HND cert, and I wish to further till I get my doctorate. However, that's gonna be later in the future because I'm in the tech industry where nobody cares what you studied or graduated with. So I'm building my skills for now.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by Impostorr: 11:11pm On Feb 21, 2023
Fkj2021:

You don't need JAMB to get admission into National Open University of Nigeria.

There is mass communication up to PhD level.

Send a DM for more information

NOUN na school in this contemporary time?

Carry noun cert to any Nigeria Biz org and see yourself. I even learnt they aren't allowed to go for nysc.
Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by anochuko01(m): 11:16pm On Feb 21, 2023
Impostorr:

Carry noun cert to any Nigeria Biz org and see yourself. I even learnt they aren't allowed to go for nysc.

You sound like you're typing from 2001

NOUN grads go for Nysc. Also, the world is gearing towards virtual learning, so schools like NOUN are now more credible than ever.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by Impostorr: 11:28pm On Feb 21, 2023
anochuko01:

NOUN grads go for Nysc. Also, the world is gearing towards virtual learning, so schools like NOUN are now more credible than ever.

Be realistic. This is Nigeria.
Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by Holybaddo: 12:18am On Feb 22, 2023
Prettygirl200:
If that your dumb teasing is what being smart is all about, then I refused to be smart. U don't joke with everything!!!
You don’t get serious with everything
Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by DarkPheonix: 1:36am On Feb 22, 2023
Impostorr:

Be realistic. This is Nigeria.
He told you the truth, noun certificate is recognized anywhere in the world, people look down on noun because it is easy to gain admission but trust me it doesn't make their certificate less valuable.
Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by Smartguyboy(m): 4:32am On Feb 22, 2023
Prettygirl200:
it's thesame thing am saying, did u not hear when u said I have jamb app past questions on my phone? It's called jamb CBT scholarly. Abi I go con go dey download another one? Is it not desame thing?. I am not sure of my score that was why I put abraka first, if my score is higher than 180 I will do change of institution!!!

You are too rude

4 Likes

Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by Smartguyboy(m): 4:35am On Feb 22, 2023
Impostorr:

Big lie
You can serve if you want to serve and they are being employed
Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by Kingkyle1(m): 5:30am On Feb 22, 2023
Smartguyboy:

You are too rude

I observed that too.
Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by stuffs2002: 5:33am On Feb 22, 2023
Bukola94:

Stop being delusional.

Any HND that calls himself engineer or architect will be prosecuted and jailed because it is a criminal offense
Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by stuffs2002: 5:35am On Feb 22, 2023
VinnyBaba:

Lolss, you ain't smart.

Truly, she ain't smart...
Some universities even call it yansh cum grin

Cc: Prettygirl200

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by stuffs2002: 5:40am On Feb 22, 2023
anochuko01:
Lol this is true though.

I've got an HND cert, and I wish to further till I get my doctorate. However, that's gonna be later in the future because I'm in the tech industry where nobody cares what you studied or graduated with. So I'm building my skills for now.

A day will come when a smart guy will show up with good university certificate and he will be promoted above you only for you to dey black belle am
Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by VinnyBaba: 5:40am On Feb 22, 2023
stuffs2002:

Truly, she ain't smart...
Some universities even call it yansh cum grin

Cc: Prettygirl200

Think you are Right.

because It's a Female Dominated Department. U can see like 80 ladies in their Lecture Halls, with only 5guys. shocked

Too many Yanches. cheesy cheesy
Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by stuffs2002: 5:41am On Feb 22, 2023
anochuko01:

NOUN cert is worthless
Re: Difference Between BSC And HND . by stuffs2002: 5:43am On Feb 22, 2023
DarkPheonix:

He told you the truth, noun certificate is recognized anywhere in the world, people look down on noun because it is easy to gain admission but trust me it doesn't make their certificate less valuable.

You know very little about employment and corporate world.

NOUN certs are worthless

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Ican Recognized Globally? / Mapoly Admission Thread 2014/2015..... / Is This A Serious Or Crazy Student? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.