Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,564 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Opinion: Online Polls Don't Matter In Elections - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Online Polls Don't Matter In Elections (9648 Views)

Nairaland Online Polls For 2023 Presidential Election (Pictures) / “Igbos Don't Matter”:Tinubu Treading On Same Path That Destroyed Awolowo, Abiola / IPOB Will Participate In Elections In Abia, Ebonyi –nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Online Polls Don't Matter In Elections by kaylardz(m): 11:25am On Feb 22, 2023
Any person supporting Obi to win presidential election with a mushroom party and ethno-religion campaign strategy is hallucinating and will come back to his/her senses latest on Sunday.
Re: Opinion: Online Polls Don't Matter In Elections by Onyiridike(f): 11:26am On Feb 22, 2023
horpe132:

Bros, fear God na
Are you sure you are in Nigeria.
I repeat Bantupage visited every single LGA in Nigeria with the exception of Zamfara State and part of Abia State.

Watch the link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCPrIJVIsDM
Re: Opinion: Online Polls Don't Matter In Elections by Onyiridike(f): 11:29am On Feb 22, 2023
Allisgud:
This is 2023 not 2019
What has changed?
Re: Opinion: Online Polls Don't Matter In Elections by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:33am On Feb 22, 2023
Most of them don’t even have PVCs.
Re: Opinion: Online Polls Don't Matter In Elections by bluefilm: 11:33am On Feb 22, 2023
HardMirror:
Agreed. Even in the US online polls said Hillary Clinton was going to win but Donald Trump won. Talkless of a country like nigeria where online does not represent what the vast majority

Are you aware that Clinton actually won the popular vote in that election?

In other words, she got a higher number of votes that Donald Trump.

Donald Trump only won her based on Electoral College System of Voting in America.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Online Polls Don't Matter In Elections by HardMirror(m): 11:34am On Feb 22, 2023
bluefilm:

Donald Trump only won her based on Electoral College System of Voting in America.
i am aware. The polls expected her to win not just the popular votes but collage votes too
Re: Opinion: Online Polls Don't Matter In Elections by Onyiridike(f): 11:35am On Feb 22, 2023
bluefilm:

He is not educated enough to understand what you are saying. They are moved by emotions.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Online Polls Don't Matter In Elections by computer0810(m): 11:39am On Feb 22, 2023
Tflex01:
Since 2011, whoever is the most popular on social media ( i.e getting the highest number of likes and positive comments) end up winning the South.... Northern votes is another ball game entirely. And it tends to change the dynamics.

I think Tinubu will come second in the south (behind Obi) and second in the North (behind Atiku) but will manage to get 25% votes in 24 states (he will definitely not get 25% in most SS/SE states but we get in SW/NW/NE/NC) and have the highest votes overall.

U understand d game....obi might win south but not with big margin as tinubu will do all it takes to make sure he destroys obi sympathy vote in SW while he manages to get a good number of votes in some places in SS and SE.....I think tinubu will have over all in highest in NC maybe with slight margin and he surely will come second too in NE and NW behind atiku, he surely will win some state too in d north......with dis I can project tinubu as d winner too

Obi will do well in SE and SS but will have challenges in SW, he will win NC state of Plateau, Abuja with close margin and maybe benue...I don't see him winning any state in d north and he will encounter difficulties in getting 25% in most northern states......we can't underrate him as he stands a good chance too..

Atiku might win delta or lose it with a very close margin but aside that I don't see him winning any state in d south, he might even encounter difficulties in getting 25% in some southern states, I don't see him winning any NC state, he might have a good outing in kwara, niger and kogi and nasarawa with good margin even if he won't have d overall highest votes.....he won't win all d northern states and he will struggle to win some but in all he will have overall highest in d north with a reasonable margin...

Kwankwaso stand no chance in dis race and d more he refuses to merge with any of APC or PDP the more he do damages to some votes but I don't even see him winning any state in d north and he might not even get 25% in any southern states
Re: Opinion: Online Polls Don't Matter In Elections by dododawa1: 11:51am On Feb 22, 2023
Ipob are online voters
Re: Opinion: Online Polls Don't Matter In Elections by azpekuliar: 11:55am On Feb 22, 2023
Charmingrascal:
Prior to the 2019 Presidential elections there were several online polls conducted, many of those polls predicted the candidate of the PDP, Alh Atiku Abubakar as the winner of the election, however in a twist of event President Muhammad Buhari of the APC won the election.
The 2023 Presidential elections is just three(3) days from now and there have been several online polls predicting who will become the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Majority of the polls conducted predict Peter Gregory Obi as the winner, even polls conducted on Nairaland forecasts Obi as the winner.
In my opinion the reality is that all these online polls do not really matter because those who will vote are not even online and we witnessed this in 2019 when Atiku was favoured to be the winner over Buhari.
For example I can say that some of the people who voted on Nairaland Presidential poll have not even attained the legally approved age to participate in an election, there are Nairlanders who are below the age of eighteen (18) and they also voted for the candidate of their choice online but in reality they don't have their PVC talkmore of voting.

Below are some polls conducted on Nairaland prior to the 2019 elections.

https://www.nairaland.com/5011785/nairaland-2019-presidential-election-poll

https://www.nairaland.com/5019873/2019-nairaland-presidential-election-poll

Here is a poll conducted on Nairaland and it favours Peter Gregory Obi as the people's choice 'online'

https://www.nairaland.com/7579371/2023-nairaland-latest-poll-atiku

Dear Nigerians, the only way your online opinion can really count and become a reality is when you go to your polling units and vote for the candidate of your choice.
Don't just vote online, exercise your right as a Nigerian, your candidate will not win if you only vote online and refuse vote physically.

No talk say I no warn you, no be say you go dey say dem rig election because your candidate win online and no win for election day, e fit be because you no go comot go vote.

VOTE NOT FIGHT!
DON'T SELL YOUR VOTE!

May the best candidate win!!
God bless Nigeria.

Stop lying. None of the credible polls have been online polls. None. Unless you do not know the differecne between reporting the outcome of a poll online and conducting one.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Online Polls Don't Matter In Elections by ShadowCracker(m): 12:08pm On Feb 22, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:
You don't know people that have pvc or not, you just want to believe that people that participate in online polls don't have pvc.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Online Polls Don't Matter In Elections by AdnanBnB: 12:14pm On Feb 22, 2023
Charmingrascal:
Prior to the 2019 Presidential elections there were several online polls conducted, many of those polls predicted the candidate of the PDP, Alh Atiku Abubakar as the winner of the election, however in a twist of event President Muhammad Buhari of the APC won the election.
The 2023 Presidential elections is just three(3) days from now and there have been several online polls predicting who will become the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Majority of the polls conducted predict Peter Gregory Obi as the winner, even polls conducted on Nairaland forecasts Obi as the winner.
In my opinion the reality is that all these online polls do not really matter because those who will vote are not even online and we witnessed this in 2019 when Atiku was favoured to be the winner over Buhari.
For example I can say that some of the people who voted on Nairaland Presidential poll have not even attained the legally approved age to participate in an election, there are Nairlanders who are below the age of eighteen (18) and they also voted for the candidate of their choice online but in reality they don't have their PVC talkmore of voting.

Here is a poll conducted on Nairaland and it favours Peter Gregory Obi as the people's choice 'online'

Dear Nigerians, the only way your online opinion can really count and become a reality is when you go to your polling units and vote for the candidate of your choice.
Don't just vote online, exercise your right as a Nigerian, your candidate will not win if you only vote online and refuse vote physically.

No talk say I no warn you, no be say you go dey say dem rig election because your candidate win online and no win for election day, e fit be because you no go comot go vote.

VOTE NOT FIGHT!
DON'T SELL YOUR VOTE!

God bless Nigeria.

We Kwankwasiyya are offline votes let meet at the polling stations we go shock them
Re: Opinion: Online Polls Don't Matter In Elections by BenedictAbajue(m): 12:41pm On Feb 22, 2023
Okhuadams:
Just wandering whfools think that are wiser then other pple. Or even better andcan you bet on your life that you have never been done a favour by other tribes indeed when fools thinks they are wise
Re: Opinion: Online Polls Don't Matter In Elections by LZAA: 1:03pm On Feb 22, 2023
Onyiridike:

You may be right but not the kind of polls conducted by Bantupage and ANAP.
Bantupage went to every single LGA in Nigeria with the exception of Zamfara state to sample opinion of Nigerians.
ANAP obtained numbers of voters who have collected their PVC and called every one of them using scientific methodologies.
Since 2011, all ANAP polls have been accurate.
E shock me sef
The clown just posted NL polls and nothing more
The last kicks of a dying horse ie opposition i guess
#Okwute

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Online Polls Don't Matter In Elections by toprealman: 1:29pm On Feb 22, 2023
Sadly true!
Re: Opinion: Online Polls Don't Matter In Elections by toprealman: 1:32pm On Feb 22, 2023
Onyiridike:

Bantupage went to every single LGA in Nigeria with the exception of Zamfara state to sample opinion of Nigerians.
ANAP obtained numbers of voters who have collected their PVC and called every one of them using scientific methodologies.
You are absolutely correct
https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/amp/politics/article/anap-foundation-polls-in-2015-2019-gave-it-to-apc-but-jonathan-in-2011/
Re: Opinion: Online Polls Don't Matter In Elections by MeeLan: 2:07pm On Feb 22, 2023
When Obi was leading in Opinion polls, it mattered!
Now that another candidate is leading, it doesn't matter.
Re: Opinion: Online Polls Don't Matter In Elections by DMerciful(m): 2:25pm On Feb 22, 2023
Atiku won but Bubu rigged himself in.
Charmingrascal:

VOTE NOT FIGHT!
DON'T SELL YOUR VOTE!

God bless Nigeria.

Re: Opinion: Online Polls Don't Matter In Elections by ojoadeola: 3:27pm On Feb 22, 2023
Onyiridike:

The challenge with ANAP Poll is the partial result analysis that gave them out as partial.

You have a very high level of REFUSED AND UNDECIDED (which are more than the declared polls combined together), and you came out with a result that a particular candidate is leading

All Obidients are not ashamed of mentioning the name of their preferred candidates, so, if you have a REFUSED to mention or UNDECIDED yet, it calls for caution in your final report

ANAP Polls predicted Peter Obi's win without the UNDECIDED AND REFUSED. If you add the percentage of REFUSED to all the other candidates, then Peter Obi's lead is gone and he will be trailing at second or third position
Re: Opinion: Online Polls Don't Matter In Elections by Sandazblack: 3:31pm On Feb 22, 2023
HardMirror:
Agreed. Even in the US online polls said Hillary Clinton was going to win but Donald Trump won. Talkless of a country like nigeria where online does not represent what the vast majority

Obidients are daft. When did anap call every registered voter? And bantupage did not visit every local government. These are lies.

Hillary actually won the most popular votes but Trump won the electoral college votes, fortunately for us we don’t have electoral college in Nigeria so by that logic it means Obi will win the most popular votes and then declared the winner
A win win for us
Re: Opinion: Online Polls Don't Matter In Elections by LAXconfidential(m): 3:33pm On Feb 22, 2023
Godisablealltim:
odewaleadesoye is still pained, don't worry bro, you will be OK.

charmingrascal = odewaleadesoye

Guy you stupid gan. You stupid no be small. You still went and put this nonsense on a front-page topic? Stop affecting Peter Obi with your negativity please!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/7379538/now-fully-obidient-see-reasons

https://www.nairaland.com/7517321/50-reasons-why-should-vote

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Online Polls Don't Matter In Elections by Sandazblack: 3:38pm On Feb 22, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:
I’m online and I have pvc so do my friends and family so cry 😢
Re: Opinion: Online Polls Don't Matter In Elections by horpe132(m): 3:45pm On Feb 22, 2023
Onyiridike:

Are you sure you are in Nigeria.
I repeat Bantupage visited every single LGA in Nigeria with the exception of Zamfara State and part of Abia State.

Watch the link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCPrIJVIsDM
Kindly find the attached pix & explain the underlined parts...
Thanks

Re: Opinion: Online Polls Don't Matter In Elections by Onyiridike(f): 4:50pm On Feb 22, 2023
horpe132:

Kindly find the attached pix & explain the underlined parts...
Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9mqgyxCGLg
Re: Opinion: Online Polls Don't Matter In Elections by MrFourSHIRTS: 9:36am On Mar 07, 2023
Ipob in the mud

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Congratulates President-elect, Tinubu / Supreme Court: Rumble In Judiciary Over Nomination Of Justices / Renewed Attacks Claim 25 In Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.