Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,686 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

What’s This Rumor Of Banks Shutting Down Services This Election Period - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What’s This Rumor Of Banks Shutting Down Services This Election Period (1246 Views)

‘banks Won’t Shut Down Services For Elections’ / Peter Obi Pictures During Non-election Period / Dickson: "I Visited Goodluck Jonathan 16 Times During This Election Period" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What’s This Rumor Of Banks Shutting Down Services This Election Period by nnadychuks(m): 11:32am On Feb 22, 2023
I’m hearing rumors about banks shutting down services from tomorrow, Thursday, And that this services includes both transfers and ATM services till next Tuesday.
Pls help confirm…

1 Like

Re: What’s This Rumor Of Banks Shutting Down Services This Election Period by Jashub: 11:44am On Feb 22, 2023
I heard the same rumor but I think it will happen to curb vote-buying and other illegal things that could mar the elections
Re: What’s This Rumor Of Banks Shutting Down Services This Election Period by seborrhic: 11:58am On Feb 22, 2023
nnadychuks:
I’m hearing rumors about banks shutting down services from tomorrow, Thursday, And that this services includes both transfers and ATM services till next Tuesday.
Pls help confirm…
You should have your certificates right from primary school to whichever level you reached,revoked and the paper it was printed used to scrub your buttocks,if at this age and at your adult age,you believe such rumour.
It's because the person or people that started the rumour from their a rses,know there are still adult Nigerians that can believe anything,that's why day in,day out,week by week,they can post somethings so nonsensical and watch as nitwits believe and spread it.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s This Rumor Of Banks Shutting Down Services This Election Period by Jashub: 12:05pm On Feb 22, 2023
seborrhic:

You should have your certificates right from primary school to whichever level you reached,revoked and the paper it was printed used to scrub your buttocks,if at this age and at your adult age,you believe such rumour.
It's because the person or people that started the rumour from their a rses,know there are still adult Nigerians that can believe anything,that's why day in,day out,week by week,they can post somethings so nonsensical and watch as nitwits believe and spread it.
I can't believe you took the time to insult someone without bringing logical facts to back your stupid response. But I'm sure you're just another yoruba dimwit from Lagos

4 Likes

Re: What’s This Rumor Of Banks Shutting Down Services This Election Period by peteregwu(m): 12:16pm On Feb 22, 2023
Why won't they shut down, do you want them to be robbed..
Re: What’s This Rumor Of Banks Shutting Down Services This Election Period by tungamaje: 12:45pm On Feb 22, 2023
seborrhic:

In every rumor, there is always an iota of truth. Even at the moment, try using the POS or transferring money to another account and see how difficult it has become. Myself, I knew something is definitely wrong somewhere
Re: What’s This Rumor Of Banks Shutting Down Services This Election Period by Nice2023(m): 12:50pm On Feb 22, 2023
Very possible.
Re: What’s This Rumor Of Banks Shutting Down Services This Election Period by headbasher96(m): 12:52pm On Feb 22, 2023
They want to restore sanity to nigerians no vote buying which means atiku and tinubu camp is shaking
Re: What’s This Rumor Of Banks Shutting Down Services This Election Period by babyfaceafrica: 1:04pm On Feb 22, 2023
Na is only you dey hear am
Re: What’s This Rumor Of Banks Shutting Down Services This Election Period by babyfaceafrica: 1:05pm On Feb 22, 2023
tungamaje:

In every rumor, there is always an iota of truth. Even at the moment, try using the POS or transferring money to another account and see how difficult it has become. Myself, I knew something is definitely wrong somewhere

It's not difficult na you dey use mumu bank
Re: What’s This Rumor Of Banks Shutting Down Services This Election Period by tungamaje: 1:15pm On Feb 22, 2023
babyfaceafrica:

It's not difficult na you dey use mumu bank
So ECOBANK or Firstbank na mumu bank to you? I went to refill our gas cylinder today. Tried paying through POS, unsuccessful. Tried paying through bank transfer, also unsuccessful. I had to go home to fetch a thousand naira note I kept at home and was able to buy only a kilo. My man all the customers I met there were also complaining. Something is wrong
Re: What’s This Rumor Of Banks Shutting Down Services This Election Period by nnadychuks(m): 1:46pm On Feb 22, 2023
seborrhic:

it seems you’re just approaching adulthood with your tone of reply. Well, you’re not completely useless, let your vote count for the right candidate on Saturday.
I will now browse more sensible posts. Accept your stupidity and not quote me
Re: What’s This Rumor Of Banks Shutting Down Services This Election Period by seborrhic: 2:00pm On Feb 22, 2023
nnadychuks:
it seems you’re just approaching adulthood with your tone of reply. Well, you’re not completely useless, let your vote count for the right candidate on Saturday.
I will now browse more sensible posts. Accept your stupidity and not quote me
I am stup id but you that believes online banking applications would be shut from today or is it even tomorrow,till after the election,has any commonsense?
Do u know how stone aged you sound by believing such fairy tale.
Why don't you spread your foolishness further by claiming all GSM network operators have also be ordered to turn off all phone and internet services from tomorrow.Won't that make more impact?
Re: What’s This Rumor Of Banks Shutting Down Services This Election Period by nnadychuks(m): 2:22pm On Feb 22, 2023
seborrhic:

I am stup id but you that believes online banking applications would be shut from today or is it even tomorrow,till after the election,has any commonsense?
Do u know how stone aged you sound by believing such fairy tale.
Why don't you spread your foolishness further by claiming all GSM network operators have also be ordered to turn off all phone and internet services from tomorrow.Won't that make more impact?
I said you’re stu pid. And I mean it. I’m unable to make transfers since morning on first bank and that’s why I’m confirming the rumor In the first place.
But since you’re still in your parents house I don’t expect u to make transfers or withdraw cash. Everything is provided for you.
It’s not whether you’re right or wrong now. You lack respect and it’s probably because you’ve not learnt how the world works.
Goat

1 Like

Re: What’s This Rumor Of Banks Shutting Down Services This Election Period by backnbeta(f): 2:45pm On Feb 22, 2023
I got a message to that effect but I ignored it. However, this is Nigeria, anything can happen! I won't be surprised if again, they cut the nose to spite the face, forgetting those that'll need to buy medications, pay hospital bills, buy electricity, gas and other necessities. Again I say, this is Nigeria! They won't make any announcements, you will just notice that transfers are not going through on all platforms, POS machines will also not work. It's when they announce it that you'll hold them responsible... Saturday should come and go quickly so we can move on with our moneyundecided
Re: What’s This Rumor Of Banks Shutting Down Services This Election Period by babyfaceafrica: 3:08pm On Feb 22, 2023
tungamaje:

So ECOBANK or Firstbank na mumu bank to you? I went to refill our gas cylinder today. Tried paying through POS, unsuccessful. Tried paying through bank transfer, also unsuccessful. I had to go home to fetch a thousand naira note I kept at home and was able to buy only a kilo. My man all the customers I met there were also complaining. Something is wrong

Yes they are mumu bank

(1) (Reply)

I For Feel For Akeredolu Children / Imo State To Start Construction On Smart City Project / Kogi APC Guber Candidate, Ododo, Gets Tinubu's Blessings, Set For Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.