Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. (1271 Views)

RIP CSS and Bootstrap. Tailwind Is The Real Deal. / My Largest Html/css And Tailwind Frameworks, Help With Reviews! / Is Learning Js Frameworks Necessary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by DMCA: 8:52pm On Feb 22, 2023
Will you prefer other CSS frameworks to tailwind?

If so, which one and why?

P.S
I am not a frontend guy.
Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by efembaba(m): 2:34am On Feb 23, 2023
Mostly you choose frameworks that are highest in demand if your aim, like most people, is to get jobs and earn well. It's not up to u to cherry pick. If on the other hand, u are only coding as a side thing or as a hobby then choose anything u like
Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by fnep2smooth(m): 5:58am On Feb 23, 2023
I started with Bootstrap for more than 4 years before I came across Tailwind last year since then I never open Bootstrap again.

Tailwind look neat but complex and using tailwind will make you understand basic css in my own opinion.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by truthCoder: 8:17am On Feb 23, 2023
efembaba:
Mostly you choose frameworks that are highest in demand if your aim, like most people, is to get jobs and earn well. It's not up to u to cherry pick. If on the other hand, u are only coding as a side thing or as a hobby then choose anything u like

Tailwind is not just for “people who want to get jobs”. It is a framework that makes your coding life easier even if you are working on personal projects or building the next big thing.

It allows for teams to work together on a project without anyone guessing why you named that beautiful transition after your new girlfriend.

So instead of

<div class=“Brenda LaTisha Linda
Felicia Dawn LeShaun”>
what ever catches your fancy
</div>

You simply have classes that describe what they are doing.
 p-2 
will add a padding of 0.5rem all around the element. Everyone in the team would know that and it makes everyone’s already stressed brains happier

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by Xandelle: 11:01pm On Feb 23, 2023
Tailwindcss is like crack. Use it once and you get hooked.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by DMCA: 7:51pm On Feb 27, 2023
Xandelle:
Tailwindcss is like crack. Use it once and you get hooked.

People have always given good reviews about it over other frameworks.

I wanted to get feedback from you naija developers too.

From what I see, its worth switching into it fulltime.

Bootstrap is becoming a pin in the ass for me.
Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by Xandelle: 8:20pm On Feb 27, 2023
DMCA:

People have always given good reviews about it over other frameworks.

I wanted to get feedback from you naija developers too.

From what I see, its worth switching into it fulltime.

Bootstrap is becoming a pin in the ass for me.

You will not regret it. Though you'll find yourself needing it more and more. Pro tip... It also has dark mode capabilities. You write your dark mode CSS at once with the normal CSS. kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by silento(m): 10:54am On Feb 28, 2023
Omor for years now I stick with my vanilla css and w3.css

I love lightweight stuff maybe it was because of my c language background but
Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by niel63(m): 2:05pm On Mar 01, 2023
truthCoder:

Tailwind is not just for “people who want to get jobs”. It is a framework that makes your coding life easier even if you are working on personal projects or building the next big thing.

It allows for teams to work together on a project without anyone guessing why you named that beautiful transition after your new girlfriend.

So instead of

Felicia Dawn LeShaun”>
</div>

p-2 
will add a padding of 0.5rem all around the element. Everyone in the team would know that and it makes everyone’s already stressed brains happier

shocked
Better pikin. It's the humor for me. cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by EEIA: 11:50pm On Nov 20, 2023
truthCoder:

So instead of

Felicia Dawn LeShaun”>
</div>

p-2 
Add a reference next time you do copy and paste please. cool
Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by EEIA: 11:54pm On Nov 20, 2023
silento:
Omor for years now I stick with my vanilla css and w3.css

I love lightweight stuff maybe it was because of my c language background but
Tailwind has ability to purge css, removing any css that isn't used making it very lightweight compared to other css frameworks.

In fact, nothing comes close to tailwind.
Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by silento(m): 6:30am On Nov 21, 2023
EEIA:

Tailwind has ability to purges css, removing any css that isn't used making it very lightweight compared to other css frameworks.

In fact, nothing comes close to tailwind.

No framework or library that can be as lightweight as the core technology
Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by jikins(m): 8:48am On Nov 21, 2023
silento:

True but it does have alot of pros. I'd say use what you want but for me tailwind has made frontend faster for me. Can't even think of going back. This is coming from someone who loves vanilla css. I mean I tried learning bootstrap but I just knew it wasn't for me. Vanilla gave me full control. I too didn't want to bother with tailwind but when I heard of how faster it made you, I was like lemme test this theory, and like someone here said tailwind is like crack once you try it you will never go back.

Can't imagine going back to thinking about class names then creating separate css file then importing it. All before writing a single line of css code. With tailwind you just go straight into it. No time wasting, that's the selling point for me really. I am always for anything that makes me faster.
Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by silento(m): 10:15am On Nov 21, 2023
jikins:

True but it does have alot of pros. I'd say use what you want but for me tailwind has made frontend faster for me. Can't even think of going back. This is coming from someone who loves vanilla css. I mean I tried learning bootstrap but I just knew it wasn't for me. Vanilla gave me full control. I too didn't want to bother with tailwind but when I heard of how faster it made you, I was like lemme test this theory, and like someone here said tailwind is like crack once you try it you will never go back.

Can't imagine going back to thinking about class names then creating separate css file then importing it. All before writing a single line of css code. With tailwind you just go straight into it. No time wasting, that's the selling point for me really. I am always for anything that makes me faster.

Ur points are valid 👍

1 Like

Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by Karleb(m): 11:55am On Nov 21, 2023
I love that people are gushing about Tailwind. E con be like say na me own am. 🤗

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by XXLDICK(m): 2:40pm On Nov 21, 2023
silento:

You are wrong.

You will get a more lightweight CSS using Tailwind instead of vanilla CSS almost every time.

Tailwind is atomic. And no repeating yourself(DRY).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by EEIA: 3:27pm On Nov 21, 2023
silento:

It's obvious you have never worked on a large project before.
Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by truthCoder: 5:04pm On Nov 21, 2023
EEIA:

Add a reference next time you do copy and paste please. cool

Weyrey.

If no one in your clan can write easy-to-comprehend comments, don’t assume your defects are commonplace.

Go through my posts and maybe you might learn how to communicate your thoughts through words.

If you want to accuse me of plagiarism, be ready to come with evidence or i will roast your microscopic balls for a simple biology experiment.
Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by jikins(m): 6:23pm On Nov 21, 2023
XXLDICK:

You are wrong.

You will get a more lightweight CSS using Tailwind instead of vanilla CSS almost every time.

Tailwind is atomic. And no repeating yourself(DRY).

Not necessarily. It depends on how you write your css. Tailwind by default gives you a couple of boilerplate css code together with what ever classes you used so it adds more code that you probably won't even need in your project.

Try it yourself don't take my word for it creates a simple form with one input and one button style it with vanilla and again with tailwind. Compare the size of the vanilla with that generated by tailwind. Tailwind version will always be bigger if you wrote your vanilla css following best practices.

A clean written vanilla css code will always be more lightweight than tailwind because its more specific as opposed to tailwind which tty to reset everything to cover all possibilities. Obviously you control this to a certain level with postcss but that is besides the point.
Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by XXLDICK(m): 7:43pm On Nov 21, 2023
jikins:

Not necessarily. It depends on how you write your css. Tailwind by default gives you a couple of boilerplate css code together with what ever classes you used so it adds more code that you probably won't even need in your project.

Try it yourself don't take my word for it creates a simple form with one input and one button style it with vanilla and again with tailwind. Compare the size of the vanilla with that generated by tailwind. Tailwind version will always be bigger if you wrote your vanilla css following best practices.

A clean written vanilla css code will always be more lightweight than tailwind because its more specific as opposed to tailwind which tty to reset everything to cover all possibilities. Obviously you control this to a certain level with postcss but that is besides the point.
The boiler plate code it ships with is for CSS reset.

I am aware vanilla CSS will be more lightweight for a site that is too small. That's why I said Tailwind will be more lightweight most of the time, not all the time.

A clean written CSS will be just exactly as Tailwind does it (atomic) and that is almost impossible to achieve without a framework like Tailwind.

Tailwind should be a must for everyone. Everyone who understands Tailwind can easily modify styles without even inspecting the classes.
Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by LikeAking: 7:45pm On Nov 21, 2023
jikins:

No Dey follow them argue..

Which sane dev will pick tailwind over vanilla..
Tail winds is for very small projects..

In-line CSS is difficult to work with and also maintain..

It’s beta to separate both logic, except it’s a small project..

Tail wind is also slower..
Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by XXLDICK(m): 7:52pm On Nov 21, 2023
LikeAking:

No Dey follow them argue..

Which sane dev will pick tailwind over vanilla..
Tail winds is for very small projects..

In-line CSS is difficult to work with and also maintain..

It’s beta to separate both logic, except it’s a small project..

Tail wind is also slower.

How can you call Tailwind an inline CSS?

Tailwind is slower?

Tailwind is for very small projects?

I have never seen as much misinformation as this in just a few paragraphs.

Even the person you quoted will shake his head at such ignorance you spill with confidence. grin
Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by LikeAking: 7:58pm On Nov 21, 2023
XXLDICK:

Tailwind is slower?

Even the person you quoted will shake his head at such ignorance you spill with confidence. grin

Abeg tell me Wetin be tail wind?

Tailwind is slower, it’s online to verify and I have personally tested both …

No sane dev will use tailwind for a large project..

It’s very hard to maintain..
Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by BlackhatMentor: 8:00pm On Nov 21, 2023
LikeAking:

Abeg tell me Wetin be tail wind?

Tailwind is slower, it’s online to verify and I have personally tested both …

No sane dev will use tailwind for a large project..

It’s very hard to maintain..

This one just hates anything good.

I wonder the type of crack u take

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by LikeAking: 8:00pm On Nov 21, 2023
XXLDICK:

Tailwind is slower?

U no know say tail wind Dey slower?

U b new bi…

You type will say next JS and their infamous SsR is the best thing ever.
Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by LikeAking: 8:03pm On Nov 21, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

This one just hates anything good.

I wonder the type of crack u take

Make we leave arguments and hype one side..

Why will you put everything in one place?

The best option is to separate both..

It’s easier to work with..

Let’s leave clout and bad blood out of this.

Most of you are word press guys, looking for the easy way..

Writting css alongside html is a taboo..

Bundling backend and front end together is a taboo. I know say una go argue on it..
Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by LikeAking: 8:04pm On Nov 21, 2023
We Dey learn..

I am ready to delete all I have written, if it’s confirmed I am wrong..
Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by XXLDICK(m): 8:06pm On Nov 21, 2023
LikeAking:

U no know say tail wind Dey slower?

U b new bi…

You type will say next JS and their infamous SsR is the best thing ever.

What is better than NextJs aside from Qwik?
Is there any framework that makes caching easier?
Yes, SSR improves SEO. Is there any framework that can easily get close to 100% lighthouse score compared to NextJs aside from Qwik?

NextJs may have it's disadvantages like vendor lock-in, but their SSR is the best I have seen. Only Remix comes close.
Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by BlackhatMentor: 8:07pm On Nov 21, 2023
LikeAking:

Make we leave arguments and hype one side..

Why will you put everything in one place?

The best option is to separate both..

It’s easier to work with..

Let’s leave clout and bad blood out of this.

Most of you are word press guys, looking for the easy way..

Writting css alongside html is a taboo..

Bundling backend and front end together is a taboo. I know say una go argue on it..

Who says it's a taboo

U?

What do u think React is about?

You're literally writing JavaScript with HTML.
Are you aware before Tailwind there was BootStrap?

Nobi only Wordpress.

I doubt you've ever done any paid programming Job in your life
Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by BlackhatMentor: 8:10pm On Nov 21, 2023
XXLDICK:

What is better than NextJs aside from Qwik?
Is there any framework that makes caching easier?
Yes, SSR improves SEO. Is there any framework that can easily get close to 100% lighthouse score compared to NextJs aside from Qwik?

NextJs may have it's disadvantages like vendor lock-in, but their SSR is the best I have seen. Only Remix comes close.

That guy is annoying
Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by LikeAking: 8:12pm On Nov 21, 2023
@XXLDICK, I am waiting for your reply..

To the best of may knowledge tailwind is written inside the HTML tags, any other funny invention of writing tailwind is a waste of time..

As long as I will write tailwind inside HTML tags, I reject it, cos it will waste my time and be hard to maintain..

It better to separate all in different files @ JS, HTML, CSS, then ….. U know what to do.

Secondly writting CSS that way is slower, although nether difference can’t be spotted on smaller projects..

I no sabi everything, I stand to be corrected..
Re: Between Tailwind And Other CSS Frameworks. by LikeAking: 8:13pm On Nov 21, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

Who says it's a taboo

U?

What do u think React is about?

You're literally writing JavaScript with HTML.
Are you aware before Tailwind there was BootStrap?

Nobi only Wordpress.

I doubt you've ever done any paid programming Job in your life

In reality I have rejected such jobs..

It’s will be very hard to work with and maintain.

That’s my only Problem..

Leave that writing JS with HTML thing. Even some devs hate that pattern.. React self carry plenty these, no need to add more gbese on top..

Oga go try react route splitting, then tell me Wetin you think.. If you never do route splitting for react you no go know the dangers of using React u guys cherish so much.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let Java Programmers Share Codes. / I Need Someone Who Can Do A Chat App / Please Assist In Designing This App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.