Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years (1454 Views)

NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike / Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now / Fashola Gives Reasons South West Will Re-elect Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years by ejimatic: 10:27am On Feb 23, 2023
The Southwest Will Not Surrender What They Built For 30 Years For An 8-Month-Old Media Sensation
Independent Feb 23, 2023 8:58 AM

Tinubu and Obi

Chief Odumegwu Ojukwu of blessed memory brought APGA towards building up to the 2003 presidential election to give his people a political identity after seeing that it will be easier to fight from within than outside. His people rejected him and followed “Fulani-inspired party” (PDP).

The Southwest has voted in one direction since 1999. In 1999 they voted for AD. In 2003 they voted AD but were rigged out, but Tinubu went to court to reclaim the mandates.

In 2007, they wanted to vote for AD’s Adebayo Adefarati who died before the election but were overwhelmed by the malpractices of the 2007 general election.

2. MegaMillions – MPU
In 2011, the name changed to ACN, they started their bridge of moving northwards, bringing in Nuhu Ribadu as her candidate but supporting Goodluck Jonathan, because the agitation in Niger Delta was at its peak.

PDP zone Speaker House of Reps to Southwest, seeing that this will increase PDP presence in their zone, moved to support Aminu Tambuwal to become Speaker against the wish of PDP.

In 2015, they allied with the north and dislodged the incumbent
In 2019, they voted to support the north to keep Buhari in power.

This is how the Southwest has evolved politically. On Saturday, they see it as a day to enthrone what Obafemi Awolowo and MKO Abiola could not achieve.

This is how they have voted since 1999, waiting to have their time. So, you expect them, to sacrifice their lifelong dream for an eight-month-old media political sensation called Obi Movement?

Make no mistake, the southwest, Kogi, Kwara, Borno, and Yobe will vote for Tinubu on Saturday. Atiku has more ground in the north than Tinubu, he does not have a southern base.

N’digbos hear this, if you want, after Saturday, burn bridges. Declare to go, and call the winners names. Even the Goodluck and South-south that lost in 2015 have moved on. They have so moved on that APC dislodged him from Power, and bought a presidential primary form. If you like, after Saturday, and it does not go your way, burn every bridge and come back 5 months to the 2027 election and mob people to accept your political interests. Concentrate on middle-belt and far northern minorities that this Obi Movement has opened up and build your political structures in Nigeria.

2023, shall be determined by Religion in the North, Interests in the South, Sentiments in the East, and Ethnicity in the West.

Nigeria is a complex project.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years by Flathead8: 10:35am On Feb 23, 2023
I'm a northerner, I reject the assertion that Atiku has more grounds than Tinubu in the north. Because his a northerner, doesn't mean anything to us!

In NE, Tinubu us winning;

Borno
Yobe
Gombe

In NC;

Kogi
Kwarra
Niger
Nasarawa

In NW;

Kebbi
Zamfara
Kaduna
Katsina
Jigawa

The worst results Tinubu can get from the north is 50%
ejimatic:
The Southwest Will Not Surrender What They Built For 30 Years For An 8-Month-Old Media Sensation

Tinubu and Obi

Chief Odumegwu Ojukwu of blessed memory brought APGA towards building up to the 2003 presidential election to give his people a political identity after seeing that it will be easier to fight from within than outside. His people rejected him and followed “Fulani-inspired party” (PDP).

The Southwest has voted in one direction since 1999. In 1999 they voted for AD. In 2003 they voted AD but were rigged out, but Tinubu went to court to reclaim the mandates.

In 2007, they wanted to vote for AD’s Adebayo Adefarati who died before the election but were overwhelmed by the malpractices of the 2007 general election.

2. MegaMillions – MPU
In 2011, the name changed to ACN, they started their bridge of moving northwards, bringing in Nuhu Ribadu as her candidate but supporting Goodluck Jonathan, because the agitation in Niger Delta was at its peak.

PDP zone Speaker House of Reps to Southwest, seeing that this will increase PDP presence in their zone, moved to support Aminu Tambuwal to become Speaker against the wish of PDP.

This is how the Southwest has evolved politically. On Saturday, they see it as a day to enthrone what Obafemi Awolowo and MKO Abiola could not achieve.

This is how they have voted since 1999, waiting to have their time. So, you expect them, to sacrifice their lifelong dream for an eight-month-old media political sensation called Obi Movement?

Make no mistake, the southwest, Kogi, Kwara, Borno, and Yobe will vote for Tinubu on Saturday. Atiku has more ground in the north than Tinubu, he does not have a southern base.

N’digbos hear this, if you want, after Saturday, burn bridges. Declare to go, and call the winners names. Even the Goodluck and South-south that lost in 2015 have moved on. They have so moved on that APC dislodged him from Power, and bought a presidential primary form. If you like, after Saturday, and it does not go your way, burn every bridge and come back 5 months to the 2027 election and mob people to accept your political interests. Concentrate on middle-belt and far northern minorities that this Obi Movement has opened up and build your political structures in Nigeria.

2023, shall be determined by Religion in the North, Interests in the South, Sentiments in the East, and Ethnicity in the West.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years by gidgiddy: 10:40am On Feb 23, 2023
ejimatic:

Tinubu and Obi

2. MegaMillions – MPU

So Nigeria is all about fighting for Presidency and political power? In that case, we shall be fighting forever

Better we disintegrate this failed British colonial contraption called Nigeria and fight no more

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 10:41am On Feb 23, 2023
Who is stopping you from voting your master now?
Re: The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years by Penguin2: 10:53am On Feb 23, 2023
Wow!

So surprised to find out that Ejimatic is an ethnic chauvinist🤦

The tribalistic dimensions that Tinubu campaign has degenerated to is one of the reasons Tinubu will not be president.

I’m sure this must have been the way Awolowo and Abiola played their politics that made Nigeria not trust them with power.

5 Likes

Re: The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years by Yaribanzaonic: 11:12am On Feb 23, 2023
1 NIGERIA IGBOs...see them coming out of their cracked shells with their full chest to cry and gnash their Agbado teeth. God is truly winning...

So it's not about serving the people..it's about Emilokan foolishness..spits

All of una work go end..after Elections.

4 Likes

Re: The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years by ejimatic: 11:57am On Feb 23, 2023
Penguin2:
Wow!

So surprised to find out that Ejimatic is an ethnic chauvinist🤦

The tribalistic dimensions that Tinubu campaign has degenerated to is one of the reasons Tinubu will not be president.

I’m sure this must have been the way Awolowo and Abiola played their politics that made Nigeria not trust them with power.
. My brother I am not an ethnic chuvinist. It was Obedients that have made this election to be region-based. I once said on this platform that. it is the turn of the South to rule now.That rules out Atiku in my radar. What about Obi you may ask? Hausas will never ever hand over to Obi now. It is not possible. Obi himself knows the reality. The only person whose candidacy to be a president is Tinubu. The North feels safer in the hand of SW than that of the SE. Truth at times is better and my opinion is also shared in write- up I posted.
Re: The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years by FreeStuffsNG: 12:15pm On Feb 23, 2023

This was what we anticipated ahead of time wink

The vicious terrorist attack by ipob terrorist group on SW and attempt on the life of Asiwaju with most of our Igbo brothers and sisters not seeing anything wrong in what the ipob terrorist group did in its coordinated arson in Lagos prepared the SW to rally its base more and deploy its high voting strength bloc and human resources to protect Asiwaju.

It was the evil kind of ethnicity at play when no leading Igbo leader and most of the Igbo masses see nothing wrong in what the ipob leader did;insulting Yoruba leaders and calling on his terrorist group made up of only Igbo youths ,inciting them to go burn Lagos and now calling for the release of the main character who incited the terrorist attack on Lagos. It was a defining moment and reality check in Yorubaland. Ipob terrorist group and their unpatriotic tribalistic sympathizers probably do not know or forgot that the Yoruba have the numbers and unique advantages they do not have.

The best form of revenge is to succeed. They wanted to stop Asiwaju Tinubu and we responded by ensuring Asiwaju succeeds phenomenally.

1 Like

Re: The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years by toneroforever(m): 12:48pm On Feb 23, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

The vicious terrorist attack by ipob terrorist group on SW and attempt on the life of Asiwaju with most of our Igbo brothers and sisters not seeing anything wrong in what the ipob terrorist group did in its coordinated arson in Lagos prepared the SW to rally its base more and deploy its high voting strength bloc and human resources to protect Asiwaju.

It was the evil kind of ethnicity at play when no leading Igbo leader and most of the Igbo masses see nothing wrong in what the ipob leader did;insulting Yoruba leaders and calling on his terrorist group made up of only Igbo youths ,inciting them to go burn Lagos and now calling for the release of the main character who incited the terrorist attack on Lagos. It was a defining moment and reality check in Yorubaland. Ipob terrorist group and their unpatriotic tribalistic sympathizers probably do not know or forgot that the Yoruba have the numbers and unique advantages they do not have.

The best form of revenge is to succeed. They wanted to stop Asiwaju Tinubu and we responded by ensuring Asiwaju succeeds phenomenally.

Keep talking trash. Real Omoluabis have sailed on with sane Nigerians to build a country that works for all. Tribal bigots like u can wail non-stop & u don't need to wait till Saturday Feb 25,u can start giving us pre-election tears
Re: The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years by Neckpresser101: 1:55pm On Feb 23, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Is that why he picked a Muslim Muslim ticket?? grin cheesy

Look at APC scorecard tell me if you're not d#mb to be voting them again

Re: The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years by FreeStuffsNG: 2:25pm On Feb 23, 2023
frankyychiji:

Neckpresser101:

If you do not learn your lesson that use of hate, bigotry, lies, envy and ignirance is not a polical strategy that works then you will never learn. It is democracy for a reason, you will have your say but not your way. What you do not have in voting strength you want to acquire by social media cyberbullying.smh.

You think you can curse, mock, lie,hate and cyberbully Nigerians and leaders of other non-Igbo tribes to support your mediocre candidate abi.

Your insults, curses and cyberbullying became a liability for Mr Obi's campaign and retrogresive turn off of the campaign to most patriotic Nigerians.
You can not get anything from hate and bigotry. I have reported you to the mods.

Re: The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years by updatechange(m): 2:28pm On Feb 23, 2023
grin Na their ways be that, then still Dey my mention Dey argue blindly as I Dey school them
Re: The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years by Neckpresser101: 2:33pm On Feb 23, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
If you do not learn your lesson that use of hate, bigotry, lies, envy and ignirance is not a polical strategy that works then you will never learn. It is democracy for a reason, you will have your say but not your way. What you do not have in voting strength you want to acquire by social media cyberbullying.smh.

Your insults, curses and cyberbullying became a liability for Mr Obi's campaign and retrogresive turn off of the campaign to most patriotic Nigerians.
You can not get anything from hate and bigotry. I have reported you to the mods.

Look at this one forming victim

When you brought out the issue that obi sacked others tribesmen without also acknowledging that he also sacked many anambarians

What were you asking for?

When Igbos voted OBJ it was hate and bigotry

When they voted Abiola (he won Anambra massivelly)
It wasn't hate and bigotry

How many Times have you people helped SE politically?

Stop forming victim You guys are the real tribalist and needs to be called out!

Look at someone supporting Muslim Muslim ticket advising me about hate and bigotry angry angry
Re: The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years by frankyychiji(f): 2:36pm On Feb 23, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

You think you can curse, mock, lie,hate and cyberbully Nigerians and leaders of other non-Igbo tribes to support your mediocre candidate abi.

I gleaned through your post and saw words like hate bigotry Balablu Bulaba balublu gazelle garagarau.

You point a finger at me and the rest four points back at you.

No amount of polish will launder the image of Tinubu.

You will soon find out that Nigeria no be Lagos in a few hours time time.

1 Like

Re: The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years by Penguin2: 2:44pm On Feb 23, 2023
ejimatic:
. My brother I am not an ethnic chuvinist. It was Obedients that have made this election to be region-based. I once said on this platform that. it is the turn of the South to rule now.That rules out Atiku in my radar. What about Obi you may ask? Hausas will never ever hand over to Obi now. It is not possible. Obi himself knows the reality. The only person whose candidacy to be a president is Tinubu. The North feels safer in the hand of SW than that of the SE. Truth at times is better and my opinion is also shared in write- up I posted.

Buhari will hand over to Obi.

Re: The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years by Occurstaem(m): 3:02pm On Feb 23, 2023
Flathead8:
I'm a northerner, I reject the assertion that Atiku has more grounds than Tinubu in the north. Because his a northerner, doesn't mean anything to us!

Borno
Yobe
Gombe

In NC;

Kogi
Kwarra
Niger
Nasarawa

In NW;

Kebbi
Zamfara
Kaduna
Katsina
Jigawa

How sure are you?
Victory is from Allah alone
Re: The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years by asanausana91: 3:22pm On Feb 23, 2023
Keep dreaming.
Atiku is winning the 19 northern states, winning 25% in all the south east, winning bayelsa,akwaibom,Edo in the south south. in the south west Atiku is sure of 25% in 2 state.
The time is Atiku o'clock.
Re: The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years by kcnwaigbo: 3:24pm On Feb 23, 2023
ejimatic:
The north told you all this gibberish?
Re: The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years by ejimatic: 3:38pm On Feb 23, 2023
Penguin2:

Buhari will hand over to Obi.
. I am talking about reality oo not in diagram. grin grin
Re: The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years by ejimatic: 3:39pm On Feb 23, 2023
[quote author=kcnwaigbo post=121163200]
The north told you all this gibberish?[/quote Let wait and see.It is a matter of time!
Re: The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years by ThiefnubuBandit(f): 3:42pm On Feb 23, 2023
Flathead8:

Borno
Yobe
Gombe

In NC;

Kogi
Kwarra
Niger
Nasarawa

In NW;

Kebbi
Zamfara
Kaduna
Katsina
Jigawa

Keep dreaming. Urchin.
Re: The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years by Flathead8: 4:16pm On Feb 23, 2023
In Sha Allah
Occurstaem:

How sure are you?
Victory is from Allah alone
Re: The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years by Raheeqilmaktoom: 4:33pm On Feb 23, 2023
Flathead8:
In Sha Allah

We don't port o, na to supy Asiwaju and pray for the best.
Re: The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years by Flathead8: 4:44pm On Feb 23, 2023
Lol toh
Raheeqilmaktoom:

Re: The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years by Badgers: 4:54pm On Feb 23, 2023
Flathead8:

Borno
Yobe
Gombe

In NC;

Kogi
Kwarra
Niger
Nasarawa

In NW;

Kebbi
Zamfara
Kaduna
Katsina
Jigawa

Good one. Replace Katsina and Kaduna with Sokoto
Re: The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years by Flathead8: 4:56pm On Feb 23, 2023
Lol why?
Badgers:

Good one. Replace Katsina and Kaduna with Sokoto
Re: The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years by olril17(m): 9:27pm On Feb 23, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

lol so you don go Apc.
Re: The South West Will Not Surrender What They They Built For 3o Years by Raheeqilmaktoom: 11:07pm On Feb 23, 2023
olril17:
lol so you don go Apc.

There are just too much unknowns surrounding Atiku.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Belongs To Yorubas; Lawmakers Will Pass New Property, Business Ownership L / Tribunal Affirms Victory Of Kaduna LP Reps Member / Northerners/buharists Accuse Yorubas Of Betraying Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.