Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:11 AM

Tasking Inlaws During Burials - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tasking Inlaws During Burials (602 Views)

How Do I Chase Away My Inlaws From My House / Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri / Save Me From Entitled Inlaws (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tasking Inlaws During Burials by akpunda86: 10:32am On Feb 23, 2023
Family good morning.abeg I wan ask an inlaw lost their mother and they had a meeting and it was decided among them that all their inlaws will contribute 400k each ,d woman have 5 girls ,then 3 boys,funny d boys just want d inlaws contribute whole sum.
The woman was a nice lady but not we inlaws go bury am.
This makes d son look so ireslonsible in my eyes.
Na imo people ,while me Anambra,is not in our culture to task inlaws 4 burial but u can support if u want to.

Abeg Ndi Imo here is dat ur culture ,cos my wife insisting I pay it but am asking her if Na me kill her moda.ill bring sumthing but not 400k ,I'm planning 150/200k.vehicle hire go still chop me like 50k, entertainment in my house like 20k as I want few people.
Abeg Ndi imo here tell me
Tax
Re: Tasking Inlaws During Burials by Mindlog: 11:21am On Feb 23, 2023
It is not about Imo people nor the tradition but the greedy family in particular.

The sons-in-law should be assertive, they should come together and decide how much they want to contribute, give to their in-laws and face front as they are not obligated beyond what they can comfortably afford to contribute as the sons of the deceased are the ones who should do the heavy lifting.

2 Likes

Re: Tasking Inlaws During Burials by akpunda86: 11:31am On Feb 23, 2023
Mindlog:
It is not about Imo people nor the tradition but the greedy family in particular.

The sons-in-law should be assertive, they should come together and decide how much they want to contribute, give to their in-laws and face front as they are not obligated beyond what they can comfortably afford to contribute as the sons of the deceased are the ones who should do the heavy lifting.

Bro tax cos d sons running away from dr responsibility.
Re: Tasking Inlaws During Burials by Mindlog: 12:03pm On Feb 23, 2023
akpunda86:

Bro tax cos d sons running away from dr responsibility.

Let them run, while the sons in-law stand their ground. After all, will their kinsmen summon the sons in-law on why the woman has not been buried?

They are broke but wants their brothers-in-law to fund the burial of their own mother.
Re: Tasking Inlaws During Burials by Richy4(m): 1:21pm On Feb 23, 2023
They were not tasking you my man.... They only asked the female married daughters of the deceased to contribute towards their mother's burial...which I believe indirectly falls on you... Just give whatever you can afford... Put it in an envelope, hand it to your wife to give it to whoever that is InCharge...

On the day of the funeral, take 2 or 3 people from your family... this is because of Catering purposes...
(Because u don't wanna invite crowd that will go home on an empty stomach, but your wife can easily take care of 3 or 2 invited guest without stress)
Re: Tasking Inlaws During Burials by akpunda86: 1:40pm On Feb 23, 2023
Hahaha I appreciate like Ur not Igbo,I'm not giving my wife d money,il put it in an envelope and give to the eldest with my family name written on it.

Is dr apporach I hate bros,can't see why an unemployed fella gonna be disturbing me,I'm bringing cos d woman was nice thou with Bleep up boys

(1) (Reply)

Family COOKHATHON: 5 Days, 5 Weeks And 5 Months COOKHATHON Marathon Begins Today / Marriage: Should He Be Worried? / MMA International Arrivals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.