Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,199 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. (22330 Views)

Graham Potter Has Been Sacked / Graham Potter Has Been Appointed As New Chelsea Manager / Arsenal Fans Told Unai Emery ‘to Walk’ If Manchester United Sign Gunner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by obembet(f): 7:02am On Feb 25, 2023
Graham Potter has revealed he has received emails “that want me to die and want my kids to die” following Chelsea’s dismal run of form.

The 47-year-old was booed off the pitch last weekend after a 1-0 defeat to Southampton and go into a crucial London derby match with Tottenham having collected just two wins from 14 matches.
However, a defeat against rivals Tottenham on Sunday would once again leave him vulnerable to anger in the stadium and online from his own supporters.

Speaking ahead of his side’s Premier League clash on Sunday afternoon, Potter revealed the messages directed at him and his three children.
He said: “The world is tough for everybody. We’re going through an energy crisis, a cost of living crisis. People are striking every other week. Things are difficult so nobody wants to hear about the poor old Premier League manager.

“Nevertheless if you ask me a question about ‘is it hard? is it tough? is it nice to hear,?’, as much as I’ve had support, I’ve had some not particularly nice emails come through that want me to die and want my kids to die. So that’s obviously not pleasant to receive.

“That’s football. That’s how it is. And the challenge for me is ‘Ok, how do I conduct myself?’ That’s what I always turn round to. The higher you go, the more pressure you have on how you are as pre-season.

“My message is that you have got to take the situation for what it is, take the criticism, take the position that we are in, which is that it should be better.

“Try to have a perspective but at the same time acknowledge the criticism and bad feeling. That’s how it should be.”

The Blues are supporting their manager in any way he needs but will leave him to decide whether to involve the authorities or take further action.

Potter accepts that a certain amount of abuse is part of the job but it is one that he doesn’t enjoy and has been a challenge for him and his family to overcome.

“So there is an element of that and I want to succeed here so it’s nonsense this notion that I don’t care so it’s ‘ok where does that come from?’ Where is your evidence on that?’

“Ask my family. Because people have a perception that you don’t care and my response is what is that based on? How do you know?

“And I would ask you to ask my family how life has been for me and for them. It has not been pleasant at all.

“I understand that supporters go home and they are really annoyed because their team is not winning. But I assure you my life for the past three or four months has been daily average apart from the fact that I am really grateful for this experience that I can get this but also say what a great challenge this is.”

Source: https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1629254566247120897?t=GPSr_HEMLa2Sfk2VwDwwcQ&s=19

1 Like

Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by Goodlady(f): 7:07am On Feb 25, 2023
You shall not die but wait to be sacked after Arsenal beat Chelsea again this season.
On a savage day, you know you aren't good enough for Chelsea but you hanged on to the job cos of food you n your kids ll eat. It's understandable. But you don't know your club fans are the most impatient. You for go clubs like Liverpool wey their boss no get life again and their board is now very patient.

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by obembet(f): 7:10am On Feb 25, 2023
Goodlady:
You shall not die but wait to be sacked after Arsenal beat Chelsea again this season.
On a savage day, you know you aren't good enough for Chelsea but you hanged on to the job cos of food you n your kids ll eat. It's understandable. But you don't know your club fans are the most impatient. You for go clubs like Liverpool wey their boss no get life again and their board is now very patient.

Chelsea fans are pathetic. Back your manager! Give him time!

Nlfpmod

15 Likes

Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by MightyHand(m): 7:21am On Feb 25, 2023
Chelsea fans should learn patience from Arsenal/Gunners, Emirates suffer for years before their resurrection... In fact I like Arsenal Female Fans, they have cool temperament😄😄😄
Chelsea female fans is No no no no, violence 🤕🤕here and there

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 25, 2023
obembet:

Chelsea fans are pathetic. Back your manager! Give him time!

Nlfpmod
you need to see watching ball in view centers cause i prefer watching it at view center because of the current ball analysis and the joy in it but now i hardly do so,😔 the last time i was mocked by this yeye MAN U fan dude was all over me like if i say pim 😁😂🤣 he will remind me of potter and how we spend billion to buy canters😭😭😭 as players

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by JASONjnr(m): 7:46am On Feb 25, 2023
Is this racism?
Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by obembet(f): 9:05am On Feb 25, 2023
Nlfpmod
Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by chukwuibuipob: 9:24am On Feb 25, 2023
angry Pota, u are the best for the BLUE. Ride on till u Reach 13 position on the table wink

11 Likes

Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by Johnson225(m): 9:25am On Feb 25, 2023
smiley
Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by Obyangel: 9:25am On Feb 25, 2023
That's football jare, pensioners need to support Potter and he needs 4 seasons to reshape the pensioners. Best manager of the year grin
Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by salbis(m): 9:25am On Feb 25, 2023
My only wish is for you to be sacked and nothing else..

4 Likes

Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by Nazgul: 9:25am On Feb 25, 2023
Chelsea are only reaping what the did to Abrahamnovich. How the forced him to sell of the club because of the Russia/Ukraine crisis.

3 Likes

Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by DWJOBScom(m): 9:25am On Feb 25, 2023
Football club of touts

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by Calibrator: 9:25am On Feb 25, 2023
You too catch small shame and resign abeg.

6 Likes

Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by Adeneeyee84: 9:26am On Feb 25, 2023
Chelsea and their Hire killer fans all over the world. Up Manchester united for life

3 Likes

Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by dessz(m): 9:26am On Feb 25, 2023
Person wey deseve cane angry

1 Like

Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by blazepascal(m): 9:26am On Feb 25, 2023
Who will emerge as victory
Like for Peter Obi
Share for tinubu

28 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by ukehnonny: 9:26am On Feb 25, 2023
cheesy

Sacking Tuchel to employ Potter is a mistake. Potter no get the experience. Brighton is even doing well without him goes to show that there's nothing special about him.

I wonder why Liverpool never sack Klopp. It's like he's among the founding fathers of Liverpool Though. Week in week out poor results yet the Owners keep quiet. Something has to be done ASAP.

3 Likes

Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by EmmyDJourno: 9:26am On Feb 25, 2023
Abeg leave our club for us, you are a useless manager
Was it not Rooney that 3 Red Devils went to threaten him at home when he wanted to leave to Man City
Graham Potter never see anything, Todd go soon do am POP coz na NYSC him dey do for Stamford Bridge

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:26am On Feb 25, 2023
Ok. Over to Chelsea fans.
Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by saphiere(f): 9:26am On Feb 25, 2023
obembet:
Graham Potter has revealed he has received emails “that want me to die and want my kids to die” following Chelsea’s dismal run of form.

The 47-year-old was booed off the pitch last weekend after a 1-0 defeat to Southampton and go into a crucial London derby match with Tottenham having collected just two wins from 14 matches.
However, a defeat against rivals Tottenham on Sunday would once again leave him vulnerable to anger in the stadium and online from his own supporters.

Speaking ahead of his side’s Premier League clash on Sunday afternoon, Potter revealed the messages directed at him and his three children.
He said: “The world is tough for everybody. We’re going through an energy crisis, a cost of living crisis. People are striking every other week. Things are difficult so nobody wants to hear about the poor old Premier League manager.

“Nevertheless if you ask me a question about ‘is it hard? is it tough? is it nice to hear,?’, as much as I’ve had support, I’ve had some not particularly nice emails come through that want me to die and want my kids to die. So that’s obviously not pleasant to receive.

“That’s football. That’s how it is. And the challenge for me is ‘Ok, how do I conduct myself?’ That’s what I always turn round to. The higher you go, the more pressure you have on how you are as pre-season.

“My message is that you have got to take the situation for what it is, take the criticism, take the position that we are in, which is that it should be better.

“Try to have a perspective but at the same time acknowledge the criticism and bad feeling. That’s how it should be.”

The Blues are supporting their manager in any way he needs but will leave him to decide whether to involve the authorities or take further action.

Potter accepts that a certain amount of abuse is part of the job but it is one that he doesn’t enjoy and has been a challenge for him and his family to overcome.

“So there is an element of that and I want to succeed here so it’s nonsense this notion that I don’t care so it’s ‘ok where does that come from?’ Where is your evidence on that?’

“Ask my family. Because people have a perception that you don’t care and my response is what is that based on? How do you know?

“And I would ask you to ask my family how life has been for me and for them. It has not been pleasant at all.

“I understand that supporters go home and they are really annoyed because their team is not winning. But I assure you my life for the past three or four months has been daily average apart from the fact that I am really grateful for this experience that I can get this but also say what a great challenge this is.”

Source: https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1629254566247120897?t=GPSr_HEMLa2Sfk2VwDwwcQ&s=19
Vote this woman into power and watch Nigeria great again.

Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by TheGiftedOne(m): 9:26am On Feb 25, 2023
No surprises, a larger percentage of Chelsea fans are agberos. But I never knew it extended to the UK.

You see that my opinion couldn't have been a coincidence with the poster's below me.
MC Oluomi FC.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by Angelfrost(m): 9:26am On Feb 25, 2023
So sad!

Well, na you accept to coach Shekpe/Agbero FC.

In any case, you are getting the sack soon!

Abeg, nor be una matter dey do us now... Na who these sufferheads go vote for today be the matter on ground! undecided

1 Like

Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by Yungmil: 9:26am On Feb 25, 2023
Why na

This man is doing well for Chelsea na is just that the players are not serious.

Infact no good player in chelsea

1 Like

Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by obi4eze(m): 9:26am On Feb 25, 2023
That's not fair but you're not good enough for Chelsea. English coaches aren't that good. Spanish or Italians are better

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by Sleekfingers: 9:26am On Feb 25, 2023
obembet:

I am very sure that those fan are Nigerians...
Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by superCleanworks(m): 9:26am On Feb 25, 2023
He better fucrk off from that club

I wonder how anyone in the world could sit down and decide that it is a good idea for
this league one grade coach to come and head a magnificent double champions league winning club
as Chelsea FC.
Can this man even find himself in Sevilla by mistake?

1 Like

Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by Mohisah: 9:26am On Feb 25, 2023
It's painful that this man can't manage Chelsea well

1 Like

Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by lazynairalander1: 9:26am On Feb 25, 2023
Have some dignity a d leave, Chelsea is not an experiment club.
If you have any iota of regards for success you will not be killing my clubs heritage. If not for white privilege why is Mount playing ahead of Chukwuemeka & stop playing Gallagher/RLC ahead of Kovacic.

Infact Just resign.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graham Potter: Fans Told Me They Want Me And My Kids To Die”. by bonechamberlain(m): 9:27am On Feb 25, 2023
angry Chelsea!! they should be relegated.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AFCON Final: Kashim Shettima Departs Abuja For Abidjan (Videos). / Leicester City Set To Miss Wilfred Ndidi Until January Due To Surgery / Lionel Messi Will Not Play Barca's Last Laliga Game Against Eibar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.