Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,606 members, 7,851,066 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:02 PM

- Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / (22216 Views)

/ / (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 11, 2012
knowledge4: Are we talking about an occassional beating or frequent beating?
Some women are too nasty and deserve to be beaten once in a while.

knowledge4 i beg, u are very wrong here, a matured and responsible man will never raise his hand on his partner, NO MATTER WHAT
Re: by neyostica: 2:33pm On Apr 11, 2012
peaceheartt: [/b]

knowledge4 i beg, u are very wrong here, a matured and responsible man will never raise his hand on his partner, NO MATTER WHAT

A responsible woman will not raise her voice against her man
Re: by TCD: 2:01pm On Apr 12, 2012
I don't understand why women will say, Laying your hands on a woman is wrong and inexcusable for whatever reason, Yet you'll find this same women advocate for violence and beatings against children. In one other thread, some of these advocates right here on this thread even bragged about how they beat and spank their children and how they would smack other peoples children. Children and adults, who should be protected most? Who is fooling, who? If its right to spank Children, it also follows that its also right to spank women or anybody. Enough of this hypocrisy.
Re: by Claus(m): 5:30pm On Apr 12, 2012
Becalm: It is true the post talks about abusive men but the real problem lies with the nigerian society. Violence is deeply rooted and in many homes both husband and wife are culprits. Most husband beat their wives because the wife is weaker and defenseless. In the same manner many women beat their househelps/maid/nanny because they are defenseless as they wish to keep their jobs. The later happens more often than the former and nobody seems to take note of that. This shows that if the reverse were to be the case, most wives will beat their husband because there are cases of husband beaters especially when the woman enjoys a body size/strength advantage over the husband. There is a great need for education against violence in the society and should not be limited to men alone as many women do not realize that they are as guilty as men. (What a man can do a woman can do even better grin). On a serious note, such education should start from parents as they bring up their young boys and girl, the law should also provide appropriate punishment for perpetrators of domestic violence (between couples) or (couples/househelps).

The most holistic response so far! Violence against women should be tackled as part of a larger project which seeks to protect the weak from the strong. Otherwise husbands will keep beating wives,(stronger) wives will keep beating husbands; ogas' and madams' will keep beating their househelps; policemen will keep beating innocent (or even guilty) citizens; military men will keep beating "bloody civilians" etc

I really empathise with the women that have suffered domestic violence, but in terms of finding a solution, it is impractical to single out just one group in a system that fails multiple groups and expect that there can be a sustainable protection of that group. We need a complete overhaul of the judicial and law enforement institutions.

I do agree, however, that domestic violence against wives should play a prominent role in this change as it is the more common and sustained category (i.e. a woman that stays gets beaten multiple times in her own home).

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) / Akwa Ibom Girl Abandoned By Family And Left To Die, Rescued (Photo) / I Love My Wife, But She Brings Me Bad Luck: Read, Think Before Judging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.