Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Questions On The Application For The Right Of Abode. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Questions On The Application For The Right Of Abode. (895 Views)

Travelling With Right Of Abode / Right Of Appeal Against A Student Visa Refusal To Be Abolished / Application For Right Of Abode On Nigerian Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions On The Application For The Right Of Abode. by pinkcookie: 11:05am On Sep 13, 2011
Pls your advise and kind suggestions will be appreciated.I was born in the United Kingdom after 1983 (i'm over 18). I want to apply for right of abode, but i'm not sure whether i'm eligible as a british citizen for the application. My parents had a visiting visa at the time of my birth. I dont know whether that qualifies me for the application. Right now i'm confused cos i dont know what to do,
Is my birth certificate alone okay to prove that i'm a british citizen?
Anyone who can please, please advise me. thank you
Re: Questions On The Application For The Right Of Abode. by worry246(m): 11:48am On Sep 13, 2011
If your parents only had a visiting visa
If neither father or mother was a British citizen when you were born
Then you are not a British Citizen and have no right to reside.
Do you have any papers like birth certificate or immigration papers showing your right to be called a British citizen?
What was the status of you parents when you were born.
Did the just come to UK to get you born on UK health service?
Re: Questions On The Application For The Right Of Abode. by pinkcookie: 1:16pm On Sep 13, 2011
@WORRY246, thanks for ur reply. I don't have any immigration papers showing i'm a british citizen. I just have my birth certificate and i felt that would be enough. I don't know the status surronding my parent's stay in the Uk. (pls can you explain what you meant by the status of my parents when i was born) But since i just have my birth certificate would you advise me to apply or its not worth it?
Re: Questions On The Application For The Right Of Abode. by tpia5: 3:48pm On Sep 13, 2011
were you raised in the UK?

also, the home office should have more info on their website, i think.
Re: Questions On The Application For The Right Of Abode. by xxcarolxx(f): 9:50pm On Sep 13, 2011
No just because you were born in the uk does not make you a british citizen, I had posted up a link that gave info on this type of situation. Sorry do not know how to get it from my previous posts to here,
Re: Questions On The Application For The Right Of Abode. by joxiri: 9:55pm On Sep 13, 2011
' poster

you can apply for a visiting visa and come to uk to live use d birth certificate to work and just reside in uk for a couple of years before applying for indefinite however the uk embassy might be reluctant to give you a visa from naija but that might be your best bet
Re: Questions On The Application For The Right Of Abode. by pinkcookie: 10:03pm On Sep 15, 2011
@joxiri, thanks for the suggestion,
@xxcarolxx, would really love to read the link, pls if u can get it, would love to read it. thanks
Re: Questions On The Application For The Right Of Abode. by xxcarolxx(f): 10:08pm On Sep 15, 2011
pinkcookie, just click my profile n go through my posts i posted it on the 10 of aug, sorry still can't get the link to post here,

(1) (Reply)

Yellow Card / In East Africa... Elephant Appeal: Tourist Cash Can Save The Elephant / Whats The Best Country To Visit Frm Egypt And Turkey, And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.