Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,987 members, 7,828,486 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today (9093 Views)

Endtimes: Why We Should Pray More Fervently Now Than We've Ever Done (Picture) / Why You Should Pray Well Before Serving God In A Church / 3 Reasons We Need Jesus In Our Marriages And Our Lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by wethebest(m): 8:37am On Feb 26, 2023
We pray hard
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by kaludestiny10(m): 8:37am On Feb 26, 2023
I agree with you in totality.
inoki247:
Lol nothing is changing in Nigeria we keep telling people just focus on ur life ur Govt no send you....

They send Soldiers to go do photoshoot and make dem wait with dere Armor for anybody wey wan protest wahala for Wu trust this Govt...
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Weedhustler: 8:37am On Feb 26, 2023
Notting like pray for here,if Suffer never tire una make una continue with apc or PDP. How can a sane person will be shouting apc after all d hardship of 8 years plus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Nobody: 8:37am On Feb 26, 2023
Verify That Car Before You Buy!

More than 85% of used cars imported to Nigeria have negative history and cosmetically repackaged before selling.

Many of them have either been on accidents ,Airbag deflated ,Engine rebuilt and odometer reduced and compromised. some have flood title and shipped to Nigeria.

We help you identify hidden problems with used cars and prevent you from buying a problematic car.

Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Draslo(m): 8:39am On Feb 26, 2023
ATEAMS:
We must make our choice. We may have democracy in this country, or we may have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.....

Below is New york in 1940 .... Wise Up !!!
Lol. Do you know many of those high rise buildings you're seeing today in New York are empty because they're owned by billionaires and almost nobody can afford them? Do your research abeg.

1 Like

Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by inoki247: 8:40am On Feb 26, 2023
kaludestiny10:
I agree with you in totality.

When I was telling people all this them say I'm Agbado man....

I know Buhari was scamming us with all this jargons cashless Policy's vote buying shit na Tradermoni I use know the kind of person wey Buhari will be playing is games like his on the side of the masses na after he scammed u na dem ur eyes go open buh he go don late so that thing makes people not to be able to predict him....

I believe PO should've work with Kwankwaso they should av agreed on like 4yrs each instead of the 8 years mak everybody go choose him VP while maybe Obi go 4 years first while Kwankwaso dey market him for North so next 4yrs Kwankwaso will go this will av made the election so hard even if dem wan rig....
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by TimmyA: 8:44am On Feb 26, 2023
Oga prayer warrior, did you and all your followers vote yesterday? Because prayer/ faith without work is dead/useless
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Kobojunkie: 8:48am On Feb 26, 2023
Interesting15:
Happy Sunday, everyone. Jesus loves you🥰🥰
Jesus Christ instead said His Love is for those who obey His teachings- John 15 vs 9 - 11. Are you here accusing Jesus Christ of being a liar? undecided
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by SonofGod231: 9:11am On Feb 26, 2023
You guys should go and repent and turn from your wicked and extortionist ways.
Nigerians are the worst unrepentant set of people on earth yet they want change.
You can't be modest and do God's will?!
You guys should just repent,it's that simple.
Flee fornication, adultery and just repent ohh...The Bibles says "If my people who are called by my name would humble themselves and pray and turn from their wicked ways,I will hear from Heaven and heal their lands"...How difficult is that?!
Nigerian Pastors,the so called men of god are the worst of em all, Hypocritical beings that call themselves Christians.Tuah!!
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Irloran: 9:23am On Feb 26, 2023
[quote author=Interesting15 post=121251159]Today, I want to turn your attention to the operations of prayer, channeling the discourse towards praying for our dear nation Nigeria. Let me start by encouraging you that prayer still works. Yes, PRAYER WORKS. I know some of you are fed up with all of these "prayer things" for different reasons. But the truth remains that God still answers prayers, and He can do things beyond our own human actions and strategies.

I know we pray. But one of the reasons it appears as if our prayers are ineffective is because we are not praying the right type of prayers. Yes, there are different types of prayer, and for a truth, the kind of prayer we must focus on right now in Nigeria is "Prayer of Mercy".

Nigeria has dipped herself vehemently in unrighteousness and dark corruption. Hence, we, as a nation, must take a posture of humility and plead for mercy from the LORD.

Fortunately, the Bible says: "if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." II Chronicles 7:14 NKJV

So, you see, as we engage the mercies of God, we must see to it that we are repentant indeed. We must forsake our sins and turn back to God. It means, as a nation, we must decide to do away with terrible things like kidnapping, murders, corruption, tribalism, etc. As an individual, you too must do away with your personal sins - pride, sexual immorality, malice, alcoholism, telling lies, stealing, etc.

Once we are repentant, we will easily attract God's mercies sufficient to transform our nation.

So, take time to pray for God's mercy over our land today. And if you need encouragements, then here are three great reasons you need pray for Nigeria today:

1. God has great plans for this country. You can partner with God to make His perfect Will a reality in Nigeria.
2. God has a reason for making you a Nigerian. Nigeria is yours and your earthly home. You are a major stakeholder.
3. The country needs as much prayers as she can get right now. The truth is, there is a limitation to what humans can do to transform this country. We really need God's help.

God bless Nigeria.

https://www.sundayakanni.com/2023/02/3-great-reasons-we-should-pray-for.html?m=1[/quote

I can't wast my time praying for Nigeria . The bad leader is a devid . I have lost hope in this country . Some said it in USA that the problem of Nigeria is INEC and military. Because they use the for election
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by orisa37: 9:33am On Feb 26, 2023
ONE PRAYER FOR ATIKU
ONE PRAYER FOR TINUBU AND
ONE PRAYER FOR OBI.
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by orisa37: 9:34am On Feb 26, 2023
ONE PRAYER FOR ATIKU
ONE PRAYER FOR TINUBU AND
ONE PRAYER FOR OBI.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by OLULAW: 9:39am On Feb 26, 2023
Interesting15:
Today, I want to turn your attention to the operations of prayer, channeling the discourse towards praying for our dear nation Nigeria. Let me start by encouraging you that prayer still works. Yes, PRAYER WORKS. I know some of you are fed up with all of these "prayer things" for different reasons. But the truth remains that God still answers prayers, and He can do things beyond our own human actions and strategies.

I know we pray. But one of the reasons it appears as if our prayers are ineffective is because we are not praying the right type of prayers. Yes, there are different types of prayer, and for a truth, the kind of prayer we must focus on right now in Nigeria is "Prayer of Mercy".

Nigeria has dipped herself vehemently in unrighteousness and dark corruption. Hence, we, as a nation, must take a posture of humility and plead for mercy from the LORD.

Fortunately, the Bible says: "if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." II Chronicles 7:14 NKJV

So, you see, as we engage the mercies of God, we must see to it that we are repentant indeed. We must forsake our sins and turn back to God. It means, as a nation, we must decide to do away with terrible things like kidnapping, murders, corruption, tribalism, etc. As an individual, you too must do away with your personal sins - pride, sexual immorality, malice, alcoholism, telling lies, stealing, etc.

Once we are repentant, we will easily attract God's mercies sufficient to transform our nation.

So, take time to pray for God's mercy over our land today. And if you need encouragements, then here are three great reasons you need pray for Nigeria today:

1. God has great plans for this country. You can partner with God to make His perfect Will a reality in Nigeria.
2. God has a reason for making you a Nigerian. Nigeria is yours and your earthly home. You are a major stakeholder.
3. The country needs as much prayers as she can get right now. The truth is, there is a limitation to what humans can do to transform this country. We really need God's help.

God bless Nigeria.

https://www.sundayakanni.com/2023/02/3-great-reasons-we-should-pray-for.html?m=1

Prayer has never transformed any nations in the world. Nature has gifted Nigeria's landmass resources that the rest of the world crave to have and Nigerians intelligence to maximize those resources, religion is a curse. Stop promoting this stupidity and imbecility called prayer.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Anunakeeh: 9:44am On Feb 26, 2023
Prayyyeeer Kee you there. Bastvvreeds EVIL Weereey People.

Only Zombies & Urchins will Fall for this Cheap Deception.
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Anunakeeh: 9:48am On Feb 26, 2023
OLULAW:

Prayer has never transformed any nations in the world. Nature has gifted Nigeria's landmass resources that the rest of the world crave to have and Nigerians intelligence to maximize those resources, religion is a curse. Stop promoting this stupidity and imbecility called prayer.

gringringrin
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 26, 2023
Seefinish:
With what I saw yesterday in a polling unit where I supervised the election. I made up my mind that I will never ever pray for Nigeria.
We deserve our sufferings. I will be one of those who will Japa in the next few years

Shiiithole Republic.
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Raalsalghul: 9:53am On Feb 26, 2023
You are mad Op.

You better go and find something useful to do with your time.
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by awoluyi(m): 10:01am On Feb 26, 2023
Until Nigerians turn away from their wicked ways prayers alone will not avail much. Our LAWLESSNESS has separated us from God of mercy and justice. It is Nigerians that need prayers for CHARACTER transformation. No country grows higher than the character of its
citizens. Once Nigerians are RIGHT Nigeria will RIGHT.
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Chasito(m): 10:06am On Feb 26, 2023
I just dey pray for Tinubu ,our father, make he no go die of heart attack today ,as his dream of been the next president shatters today.
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Menclothing: 10:31am On Feb 26, 2023
By 12 tomorrow election results will come in
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Alpharey: 12:43pm On Feb 26, 2023
Quelme:
We don't need prayers, we had enough already.

Captain Jagaban is on his way to fix Nigeria....

Tinubu!!!

I keep wondering what is wrong with some of the youths of this country called Nigeria. Waiting for a tired, sick old grandpa to fix your country. I wonder what happened to your own abilities to fix your country and your future. Keep voting the old ancestors and keep suffering.
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Eviana(f): 6:21pm On Feb 26, 2023
Prayers should NEVER, EVER CEASE when dealing with this country.
Satan's throne is situated right there in Nigeria....
He even rules the continent of Africa from there, I promise you. There are high ranking principalities assigned to Nigeria...and will fight to death before they leave.
Spiritual wickeness is high places is an understatement folks...
Stay armoured up...Ephesians 6:10-18 (KJV)
It's extremely easy to get discouraged...even for me who's not ever lived there before. I feel like I've lived there thouhh.

But GOD.....but GOD...but GOD
Don't give up saints...
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Eviana(f): 6:25pm On Feb 26, 2023
awoluyi:
Until Nigerians turn away from their wicked ways prayers alone will not avail much. Our LAWLESSNESS has separated us from God of mercy and justice. It is Nigerians that need prayers for CHARACTER transformation. No country grows higher than the character of its
citizens. Once Nigerians are RIGHT Nigeria will RIGHT.

Very beautifully written.....something's terribly wrong...and it boils down to a spiritual issue.
Surrender to God, character transformation etc..

I needed to see this because righteous indignation was building up in me....in an almost fleshly manner.
True words for any Christian living in any country.
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Kobojunkie: 7:53pm On Feb 26, 2023
awoluyi:
â–  Until Nigerians turn away from their wicked ways prayers alone will not avail much.
â–  Our LAWLESSNESS has separated us from God of mercy and justice. It is Nigerians that need prayers for CHARACTER transformation. No country grows higher than the character of its citizens. Once Nigerians are RIGHT Nigeria will RIGHT.
1. In all of scripture, God never said if Nigerians prayed, He would answer them, so where does this idea of yours come from? undecided

2. Your lawlessness has separated you from what God? This idea assumes Nigeria was formerly of God, so care to tell us when that was? undecided
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by FarmTech(m): 9:18pm On Feb 26, 2023
Eviana:
Prayers should NEVER, EVER CEASE when dealing with this country.
Satan's throne is situated right there in Nigeria....
He even rules the continent of Africa from there, I promise you. There are high ranking principalities assigned to Nigeria...and will fight to death before they leave.
Spiritual wickeness is high places is an understatement folks...
Stay armoured up...Ephesians 6:10-18 (KJV)
It's extremely easy to get discouraged...even for me who's not ever lived there before. I feel like I've lived there thouhh.

But GOD.....but GOD...but GOD
Don't give up saints...

Hmm. Satan's throne in my country? As a child, I used to think it was in India. But now, with US propagating evil of LGTBQ worldwide, I think Satan's throne shud be there. Dont u think so?
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by FarmTech(m): 9:24pm On Feb 26, 2023
Interesting15:
Today, I want to turn your attention to the operations of prayer, channeling the discourse towards praying for our dear nation Nigeria. Let me start by encouraging you that prayer still works. Yes, PRAYER WORKS. I know some of you are fed up with all of these "prayer things" for different reasons. But the truth remains that God still answers prayers, and He can do things beyond our own human actions and strategies.

God bless Nigeria.

https://www.sundayakanni.com/2023/02/3-great-reasons-we-should-pray-for.html?m=1
Well said. But unfortunately, some want to run away, not knowing that there are still many opportunities this corrupt country. One major problem I see is hypocricy. Sinners busy claiming christianity.
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Eviana(f): 9:30pm On Feb 26, 2023
FarmTech:

Hmm. Satan's throne in my country? As a child, I used to think it was in India. But now, with US propagating evil of LGTBQ worldwide, I think Satan's throne shud be there. Dont u think so?

Lol...India? Actually he has a throne over in a specific city over there too.
I love how you are defending your country...as you should when necessary.
But yep, right there in Nigeria sits satan's throne.

I defend my country when necessary, but I also rebuke it too when it's wrong.
My birth country has been super duper wrong for centuries...
Satan's throne, in fact, in North America is in the U.S.for sure...Hollywood, California. His main headquarters is in the U.S.
But he has specfic countries where his throne sits tall.
Now I didn't say exactly which state/city in Nigeria that satan's throne is in.... wink
LGBTQIA+ has surely creeped on over to Nigeria right?
The U.S. sets the standard for the rest of the world, so yes, tons of blood is on its hands...
We are in the end times and the U.S. will play a heavy role in prophecy..which I won't get into here at the moment.
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by FarmTech(m): 9:35pm On Feb 26, 2023
Eviana:

Lol...India? Actually he has a throne over in a specific city over there too.
I love how you are defending your country...as you should when necessary.
But yep, right there in Nigeria sits satan's throne.

I defend my country when necessary, but I also rebuke it too when it's wrong.
My birth country has been super duper wrong for centuries...
Satan's throne, in fact, in North America is in the U.S.for sure...Hollywood, California. His main headquarters is in the U.S.
But he has specfic countries where his throne sits tall.
Now I didn't say exactly which state/city in Nigeria that satan's throne is in.... wink
LGBTQIA+ has surely creeped on over to Nigeria right?
The U.S. sets the standard for the rest of the world, so yes, tons of blood is on its hands...
We are in the end times and the U.S. will play a heavy role in prophecy..which I won't get into here at the moment.
Currently, we have laws against LGTBQ. But with time who knows what will happen? The entertainment industry is currently spreading immorality among the youth and children. Only God knows what the next generation will do.
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by Eviana(f): 9:37pm On Feb 26, 2023
FarmTech:

Currently, we have laws against LGTBQ. But with time who knows what will happen? The entertainment industry is currently spreading immorality among the youth and children. Only God knows what the next generation will do.

Do those laws work? Are they enforced? You have some very popular influencers being celebrated...
Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by FarmTech(m): 10:13pm On Feb 26, 2023
Eviana:

Do those laws work? Are they enforced? You have some very popular influencers being celebrated...
Well, I don't think the laws work effectively. But at least, no church or entity can conduct same sex marriage in Nigeria and go free.

1 Like

Re: 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today by awoluyi(m): 2:09am On Feb 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. In all of scripture, God never said if Nigerians prayed, He would answer them, so where does this idea of yours come from? undecided

2. Your lawlessness has separated you from what God? This idea assumes Nigeria was formerly of God, so care to tell us when that was? undecided

It is unfortunate that your response is completely unmindful of the title of the topic under discussion and also my comment.
I am not convinced that you are a studious Christian who painfully take time to study the holy scriptures. If you are one, you will know that what we are discussing here has to do with 2 Chronicles 7:14 and Isaiah 59: 1-3.
The words of God are addressed to all the peoples of the world irrespective of their countries, Nigeria inclusive.
Finally sir, *you must belong to this end time generation not to have believed that lawlessness is one of the major problems confronting Nigeria* .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are All Sins Equal? / A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents / Can A Christian Lose Salvation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.