Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,741 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. (1796 Views)

Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad / We Have Not Been Able To Have Sex Yet After 7 Months Of Marriage / Soldier Gets Home After 8 Months To Meet His Wife 3-Months Pregnant For Her Ex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by DAMEHLISM(m): 1:47pm On Feb 26, 2023
Hello nairalanders,
please i need your help right now as i'm being worried.

its been 8 months since my wife gave birth, but up till now she has not seen her period, no t even onces.

at a time, we were told that it is normal for a woman to stay up to 6 months without seeing her period after childs birth. But its now 8 months, and she still have not seen it.

i've sort for answers using google, but you kno how google behaves sometimes.

please nairalanders, is this normal, i'm just being afriad right now.

doctors in the house i need your answers please. Thanks
Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by Jesslove(f): 1:51pm On Feb 26, 2023
It is normal. Am still breastfeeding my baby of 1 year 2months without my periods it will comes when am done with breastfeeding

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by Sundaycomputer: 1:52pm On Feb 26, 2023
Some time age Factor
Or u need to see a Doctor 💊
Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by DAMEHLISM(m): 1:54pm On Feb 26, 2023
Jesslove:
It is normal. Am still breastfeeding my baby of 1 year 2months without my periods it will comes when am done with breastfeeding
thanks dear.

2 Likes

Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by OlawaleBammie: 2:05pm On Feb 26, 2023
DAMEHLISM:
Hello nairalanders,

its been 8 months since my wife gave birth, but up till now she has not seen her period, no t even onces.

at a time, we were told that it is normal for a woman to stay up to 6 months without seeing her period after childs birth. But its now 8 months, and she still have not seen it.

yesterday made it the nineth month my woman gave birth and she has never see a si gle drop of blood.

Infact I have forced her to do pregnancy test twice that it even turned to dispute btw us.
Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by Nonso92(m): 2:07pm On Feb 26, 2023
DAMEHLISM:
Hello nairalanders,

Sir, it won't cost you more than 20k if you see a gynecologist, rather than looking for answers on Google and co. Health related issues isn't DIY

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by ProfOkai: 2:08pm On Feb 26, 2023
This is the time for your hubby to enjoy you without worries about pregnancy. My wife takes about a year plus before her period begins. So, no worries. Have plenty sex with your wife

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by dobnina(f): 2:52pm On Feb 26, 2023
DAMEHLISM:
Hello nairalanders,

Oga, it's perfectly normal.
Nothing to worry about
Body differs. As for me, my period starts once I stop exclusive breastfeeding which is usually 5months. While for others, their period won't come as long as they are breastfeeding.
So I guess your wife falls into the second category.
Once she stops breastfeeding, her period will return.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by LadySarah: 2:54pm On Feb 26, 2023
ProfOkai:
This is the time for your hubby to enjoy you without worries about pregnancy. My wife takes about a year plus before her period begins. So, no worries. Have plenty sex with your wife

Lol.Ovulation might be going on even without the menstruation.Thats how I took in for my 2nd child 10 mths postpartum.

Breast feeding hormones is the reason for the ceased period in some women.

It is very common and the OP shouldnt be alarmed at all.Some will stay up to 2 yrs sef before returning mostly if the woman is still breastfeeding.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by ProfOkai: 2:58pm On Feb 26, 2023
LadySarah:

Lol.Ovulation might be going on even without the menstruation.Thats how I took in for my 2nd child 10 mths postpartum.

Breast feeding hormones is the reason for the ceased period in some women.

Wow ...this has been usually my best time having without period breaks with overflowing milk to go with it .. cool
Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by Jozilinn: 3:31pm On Feb 26, 2023
ProfOkai:

Wow ...this has been usually my best time having without period breaks with overflowing milk to go with it .. cool
it's because she's is breastfeeding,if depends on how long she wants to breastfeed it's an old way of family planning, some take 2 years immediately after you have stopped breastfeeding the child at the age of 2.
Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by dobnina(f): 3:47pm On Feb 26, 2023
ProfOkai:

So you drink milk
Very tasteless.
And it doesn't affect your tummy. You tried o.

1 Like

Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by izzou(m): 4:03pm On Feb 26, 2023
Nonso92:

Sir, it won't cost you more than 20k if you see a gynecologist, rather than looking for answers on Google and co. Health related issues isn't DIY

Because everybody can afford 20k for gynaecologist abi?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by Nonso92(m): 4:14pm On Feb 26, 2023
izzou:

Because everybody can afford 20k for gynaecologist abi?
No vex, go and do DIY with your wife's health

Dey play

2 Likes

Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by izzou(m): 4:17pm On Feb 26, 2023
Nonso92:

No vex, go and do DIY with your wife's health

Dey play

As you no dey play, send him a dm and wire the 20k naa?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by Nonso92(m): 4:18pm On Feb 26, 2023
izzou:

As you no dey play, send him a dm and wire the 20k naa?
As na me wire am preek wey him use born abi?

3 Likes

Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by izzou(m): 4:20pm On Feb 26, 2023
Nonso92:

As na me wire am preek wey him use born abi?

Good.

So keep your financial analysis to yourself, since you know it wasn't your preek that gave birth to his baby.

People wey dey menstruate never give advice, you don jump in with 20k, not thinking that the man may not be able to avoid it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by Nonso92(m): 4:26pm On Feb 26, 2023
izzou:

Good.

So keep your financial analysis to yourself, since you know it wasn't your preek that gave birth to his baby.

People wey dey menstruate never give advice, you don jump in with 20k, not thinking that the man may not be able to avoid it

You think if I haven't experienced this before I would be saying anything?

My girlfriend went through same experience and didn't tell me for months, she wasn't seeing period and I didn't know.

After I got to know, alas it was something that 20k solved but because of her ignorance, she suffered pains, spent money was almost down with depression.

So oga Izzou face your front, I wasn't even talking to you in the first place

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by izzou(m): 4:30pm On Feb 26, 2023
Nonso92:

You think if I haven't experienced this before I would be saying anything?

My girlfriend went through same experience and didn't tell me for months, she wasn't seeing period and I didn't know.

After I got to know, alas it was something that 20k solved but because of her ignorance, she suffered pains, spent money was almost down with depression.

So oga Izzou face your front, I wasn't even talking to you in the first place

We are talking about a woman that gave birth.

Did you girlfriend give birth? Obviously no.

Like i said, let women who have given birth comment.

Your own is to learn, instead of telling us how much you spent on a gynecologist.

Not every Nigerian can afford 20k for that.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by pocohantas(f): 4:31pm On Feb 26, 2023
izzou:

E fit be say she born sha. Or she unborn.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by Nonso92(m): 4:31pm On Feb 26, 2023
izzou:

Like i said, let women who have given birth comment.

Your own is to learn, instead of telling us how much you spent on a gynecologist.

Not every Nigerian can afford 20k for that.

Mr Izzou, REST
Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by izzou(m): 4:34pm On Feb 26, 2023
pocohantas:

E fit be say she born sha. Or she unborn.

A thread where we can learn one or two, and Obi Cubana jumps in, telling the op to go and spend 20k instead

Whether e get 20k, e no concern am.

Make e send am the money naa.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by Truf: 6:01pm On Feb 26, 2023
DAMEHLISM:
Hello nairalanders,

It’s very normal, should come back within 2 months after breastfeeding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by Foodqueen(f): 6:16pm On Feb 26, 2023
It's normal, body differs.

With exclusive breastfeeding my period do come on exact 41days after delivery.

After that, it cease again till a year after.

Same for all my babies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by ProfOkai: 6:31pm On Feb 26, 2023
dobnina:

So you drink milk
Very tasteless.
And it doesn't affect your tummy. You tried o.

Very refreshing. My wife's fountain is always full and dripping goodness for the baby and myself. cheesy
Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by Stone03: 7:09pm On Feb 26, 2023
DAMEHLISM:
Hello nairalanders,

It's normal, brother. It's your favor even, making love to her without fear of pregnancy. My wife stays more than a year, some 9 months.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by Itulah(m): 7:38pm On Feb 26, 2023
DAMEHLISM:
Hello nairalanders,

It's normal and you have nothing to worry about. So long your wife is still breastfeeding she can't see her period. Talking from experience.
You can dm for future information.
Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by BigCowHornn: 7:49pm On Feb 26, 2023
Nonso92:

If he could afford to throw away 20k think he'll be here wasting Time?

1 Like

Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by frozen70(f): 8:01pm On Feb 26, 2023
DAMEHLISM:
Hello nairalanders,

Very normal for a nursing mother
But may come up when she stops breastfeeding

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by Vyzz: 8:01pm On Feb 26, 2023
grin grin

Shey you don dey miss your period?
Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by Princessdainty(m): 7:48am On Feb 27, 2023
Jesslove:
stop breastfeeding the adult baby. Lest you start diluting his childhood with sperm juice.

Breastfeeding for almost 2years but man is busy upgrading his life.

How do you have time for yourself as a woman and choose a career part when you spend all the time breastfeeding and attaching your dreams and youth to the little man.

Wake up girl and get those titties off his teeths!
Follow a proper family planning that won't fail you and stop sleeping on a bicycle.

Una Room sef go dey smell bressmilk!
Re: No Period After 8 Months Of Giving Birth. Is It Normal, Help Pls. by NoToPile: 8:35am On Feb 27, 2023
It's normal bros, even 1 year is normal.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This worth Her Leaving? He Needs Your Advise / Mother........eight Lies Of A Mother / Her Daughter Of 2.5years Is Fond Of Kissing Anybody That Offers To Carry Her.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.