Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,202 members, 7,811,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria - Phones (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria (22674 Views)

Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Stanley08(m): 5:14am On Jun 11, 2023
directonpc:
In case you're on this thread and still considering whether to get Starlink or not, here's an unboxing, setup, and speed test for the device I got last month

And why not create your own thread?
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by georgee(m): 6:46am On Jun 11, 2023
Who has been able to register his bank's Naira ATM details on starlink payment portal?
Banks like GTB, FCMB, Zenith, Access bank Stanbic etc

How una do am
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Stanley08(m): 6:59am On Jun 11, 2023
georgee:
Who has been able to register his bank's Naira ATM details on starlink payment portal?
Banks like GTB, FCMB, Zenith, Access bank Stanbic etc

How una do am

Just tried GT Bank no luck.

Opay physical and virtual showing Field Invalid. Wonder how @orlaryhincah got his to work. Kindly share
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by georgee(m): 10:30am On Jun 11, 2023
Stanley08:

Opay physical and virtual showing Field Invalid. Wonder how @orlaryhincah got his to work. Kindly share

I hope tem go still accept dollars cos i still get $111 inside my Klasha that is currently registered with Starlink

That one go serve me for 2 months and am sure by then, Starlink go don sort itself out with these invalid validation wahala
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Bonzojoko: 11:17am On Jun 11, 2023
Stanley08:

Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by georgee(m): 12:05pm On Jun 11, 2023
[quote author=Bonzojoko post=123719843][/quote]

U av done well.. Kudos👍
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by orlaryhincah(m): 12:16pm On Jun 11, 2023
Stanley08:

Sorry man. I guess I was lucky.
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Ayomipoe(m): 2:10pm On Jun 11, 2023
I am not angry, on contrary I am having quite a pleasant week, thank you.
You can do whatever you wish with what you own.
"Sha don't be using it anyhow if you don't need it", seems like an absurd statement. Although you have mentioned that your phrasing was intentional, I don't know if you meant to jest. However, you doubled down on your statement that the mentality is to blame.

Why are you gatekeeping the usage? You are not the service provider, if he decides to only stream his media and download just for fun or share his wifi password with his street, duh.

If I pay a million naira for my internet, and I decide to share a screenshot to pepper people of how I am living large. Please, please, you aren't one to preach to me if I need to be that exorbitant, my ISP will notify me.
Stanley08:

This mentality is the problem. If he paid 50K or 100K is that now reason for him to "thread softly"? My phrasing is intentional but I understand that fuel is 500 naira and everybody is just looking for what to be angry at.

Not because you paid 1million for internet means you should download a 100GB file you do not need or even want sef lol.

WHAT'S THE POINT?! Because you paid 400K?

1 Like

Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Stanley08(m): 4:39pm On Jun 11, 2023
Ayomipoe:
I am not angry, on contrary I am having quite a pleasant week, thank you.
You can do whatever you wish with what you own.
"Sha don't be using it anyhow if you don't need it", seems like an absurd statement. Although you have mentioned that your phrasing was intentional, I don't know if you meant to jest. However, you doubled down on your statement that the mentality is to blame.

Why are you gatekeeping the usage? You are not the service provider, if he decides to only stream his media and download just for fun or share his wifi password with his street, duh.

If I pay a million naira for my internet, and I decide to share a screenshot to pepper people of how I am living large. Please, please, you aren't one to preach to me if I need to be that exorbitant, my ISP will notify me.

Okay
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Stanley08(m): 4:39pm On Jun 11, 2023
Bonzojoko:

Thanks for this
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by oluwapoju(m): 9:33am On Jun 14, 2023
dustmalik:

I just ordered for the ethernet adapter successfully using a Verve card, and I was debited 44k.
have they process your shipment?
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by dustmalik: 12:30pm On Jun 14, 2023
oluwapoju:

have they process your shipment?
It's still showing 'Preparing Shipment' as its status.
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Stanley08(m): 2:34pm On Jun 14, 2023
dustmalik:

I just ordered for the ethernet adapter successfully using a Verve card, and I was debited 44k.

Which bank
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by dustmalik: 3:05pm On Jun 14, 2023
Stanley08:

Which bank
Opay
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by gogeekish(m): 7:39pm On Jun 14, 2023
dustmalik:

Opay
The same Opay verve card was rejected yesterday when I tried to order one
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Stanley08(m): 1:28am On Jun 19, 2023
gogeekish:

The same Opay verve card was rejected yesterday when I tried to order one

Same. I think they may have fixed it. Haven't tried sha but it's no longer $ sign on the website but naira sign
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by tapinco2017: 12:12pm On Jun 19, 2023
Try Moniepoint verve (virtual card) and also leave like 10k extra on the account. E get why.
Stanley08:

Same. I think they may have fixed it. Haven't tried sha but it's no longer $ sign on the website but naira sign
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Bonzojoko: 2:54am On Jun 21, 2023
Stanley08:

they have fixed it. I just added access bank ATM card as billing card. I used the postal code of my town as billing/postal code

1 Like

Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by toluxa1(m): 8:39am On Jun 26, 2023
I wonder what can be leading to a partial obstruction suddenly. My dish is right on my roof on a 2 floor Terrance and has been clear sky since day one. I hope say breeze never till am sha

Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Kreamie(m): 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2023
A low cloud base laden with moisture could be the cause.
toluxa1:
I wonder what can be leading to a partial obstruction suddenly. My dish is right on my roof on a 2 floor Terrance and has been clear sky since day one. I hope say breeze never till am sha
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Bonzojoko: 12:44pm On Jun 26, 2023
toluxa1:
it will be clear the next time. It happens that way sometimes especially when it rains. Could also be birds. Nothing to be worried about
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by drered(m): 1:30pm On Jun 26, 2023
toluxa1:

Just restart your device and you should be good.
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Ournolly: 5:11pm On Jun 26, 2023
Is the card issue fixed?

Tried Access and GTBank, both didn't work.
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by georgee(m): 7:56pm On Jun 26, 2023
Ournolly:
Is the card issue fixed?

Tried Access and GTBank, both didn't work.
Most of us here added our Naira card last week
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Ournolly: 3:47am On Jun 27, 2023
georgee:

Most of us here added our Naira card last week
Mine still won't work.
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by directonpc(m): 8:19pm On Jun 28, 2023
Stanley08:

And why not create your own thread?
sorry.
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by directonpc(m): 8:22pm On Jun 28, 2023
Which VPN una dey use these days. With unlimited bandwidth
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Ritcheyy: 12:44pm On Jul 01, 2023
Guys How far?

Thanks to everybody on this thread so far, you guys have been really helpful.

Who is using an address that is a bit far from their exact location?
I am seeing somewhere not to far from me (mine is at capacity), I have measured it with google map as someone advised on this thread, the distance is 2.7 miles away from my exact location.

Do you guys think it will still work?
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by BadMaster: 1:33pm On Jul 01, 2023
Ritcheyy:
Guys How far?

I am seeing somewhere not to far from me (mine is at capacity), I have measured it with google map as someone advised on this thread, the distance is 2.7 miles away from my exact location.

That's about 4km. It will work fine. Mine is farther than that, yet works

2 Likes

Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by georgee(m): 4:00pm On Jul 01, 2023
Ritcheyy:
Guys How far?

U ar good to go

1 Like

Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Ritcheyy: 3:15am On Jul 02, 2023
georgee:

U ar good to go

BadMaster:

That's about 4km. It will work fine. Mine is farther than that, yet works

Alrighty! Thanks, Guys...
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by directonpc(m): 5:02pm On Jul 02, 2023
Ritcheyy:
Guys How far?

I use the same Starlink at the office and at home. Probably 3km apart. No issue at all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Tecno’s Camon Man-city Edition Hits Nigerian Market / Pls Help. My Techno Phone Cant Send Out Text Messages Anymore. / Photos From TECNO Camon 12 Launch In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.