Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,055 members, 7,814,630 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria - Phones (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria (22804 Views)

Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by directonpc(m): 5:10pm On Jul 02, 2023
directonpc:
Which VPN una dey use these days. With unlimited bandwidth
Anyone here that uses a VPN? Can you recommend an option with unlimited bandwidth?
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 5:34pm On Jul 02, 2023
directonpc:

Anyone here that uses a VPN? Can you recommend an option with unlimited bandwidth?

I use Surfshark and never had issues with it.

3 Likes

Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by directonpc(m): 8:19pm On Jul 02, 2023
CavendishPlex:

I use Surfshark and never had issues with it.
Thank you! How's the pricing, are Naira cards accepted smiley
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by BadMaster: 9:49pm On Jul 02, 2023
directonpc:

You might also want to check out PIA. It's one of the best VPNs out there, and, in my own opinion, they have the cheapest annual plan.

3 Likes

Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 11:24pm On Jul 02, 2023
directonpc:

I extended my subscription sometime last year. It was about $59 for 24 months and it was a virtual card I used then.

You can use my referral link below:

https://surfshark.club/friend/GpQSH9xR

2 Likes

Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by easyyoke: 3:12pm On Jul 05, 2023
Ritcheyy:
Guys How far?

Thanks to everybody on this thread so far, you guys have been really helpful.

Who is using an address that is a bit far from their exact location?
I am seeing somewhere not to far from me (mine is at capacity), I have measured it with google map as someone advised on this thread, the distance is 2.7 miles away from my exact location.

Do you guys think it will still work?

My office is about 8Km away from my house. I carry it to my office everyday and it works flawlessly. About 8Km away from my home address. Albeit the speed may drop a little the father away from your registered address but it works for me. I mostly get 90mbps 8km away from home and get about 150mbps at home

3 Likes

Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Ritcheyy: 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2023
Ritcheyy:

Alrighty! Thanks, Guys...

mehnnnn, the delivery is wayyyyy faster now, It got delivered to Abuja in just 2 days!
I will install and test it tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Jicqueville: 7:03am On Jul 06, 2023
georgee:

Maybe we are talking about different IPTV service... Not sure it's same one I have been using we ar both referring to... It cant be

Remember u will need an android tv Box for u to enjoy this stuff. Having smart TV only is not enough

*Turn your TV to a Smart TV*
*Better than DSTV, GOTV & STARTIMES.*
*No Subscription required*
*Play movies from your flash drive ( support up to 2TB)*
*Limited stock available*

Xiaomi TV Box S 2nd Gen ( Global Version )
Hardware ------------- Quad-core Cortex-A55 (2G Hz), GPU Mali G31 MP2,2GB DDR3 RAM,8GB eMMC Flash
System ---------------- Android

Operation System -- Google TV/Smart home control hub with Google Assistant/Content first Ul with recommendations/Google Play access/Chromecast built-in
Wireless --------------- Wifi,Wi-Fi 2.4GHz/5GHz,bluetooth 5.2
Other ------------------- Remote:Bluetooth remote with voice recognition

Price ₦65,000 (negotiable)
WhatsApp only 08168934480

1 Like

Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Jicqueville: 7:06am On Jul 06, 2023
Alienwarfare:

I don't know about the Nigerian own but apollo tv is great they are downtimes for the african channels but they Is just so much to watch that u will not even feel it

*Turn your TV to a Smart TV*
*Better than DSTV, GOTV & STARTIMES.*
*No Subscription required*
*Play movies from your flash drive ( support up to 2TB)*
*Limited stock available*

Xiaomi TV Box S 2nd Gen ( Global Version )
Hardware ------------- Quad-core Cortex-A55 (2G Hz), GPU Mali G31 MP2,2GB DDR3 RAM,8GB eMMC Flash
System ---------------- Android

Operation System -- Google TV/Smart home control hub with Google Assistant/Content first Ul with recommendations/Google Play access/Chromecast built-in
Wireless --------------- Wifi,Wi-Fi 2.4GHz/5GHz,bluetooth 5.2
Other ------------------- Remote:Bluetooth remote with voice recognition

Price ₦65,000 (negotiable)
WhatsApp only 08168934480

Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Futurej: 1:19pm On Jul 10, 2023
Please give me your iptv plug
georgee:

I don't understand what you guys are saying.. Been using this stuff since December and it's been a great servant so far

Maybe we are talking about different IPTV... For me and famz... We are kool with it

1 Like

Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by georgee(m): 2:28pm On Jul 10, 2023
Futurej:
Please give me your iptv plug

https://twooneiptv.com/

1 Like

Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by easyyoke: 6:51am On Jul 28, 2023
Quick questions guys. Has anybody canceled their starlink service maybe because you will be away for a while or perhaps you dont have subscription money to pay for that month and then after a while you reactivated your service . How easy was it for you to reactivate the service please. I am considering canceling my subscription for just some time as I really haven’t been using the service to its full potential. More like I am just giving starlink free money😅 and I want to stop the service for now. But I am also skeptical as to how easy it will be to get back to using the service. I live in an area where there isnt much people using starlink so we are nor at full capacity yet and wont be at full capacity anytime soon sef but then again will it be easy to get back. Has anybody done this before?
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Stanley08(m): 2:31am On Aug 02, 2023
easyyoke:
Quick questions guys. Has anybody canceled their starlink service maybe because you will be away for a while or perhaps you dont have subscription money to pay for that month and then after a while you reactivated your service . How easy was it for you to reactivate the service please. I am considering canceling my subscription for just some time as I really haven’t been using the service to its full potential. More like I am just giving starlink free money😅 and I want to stop the service for now. But I am also skeptical as to how easy it will be to get back to using the service. I live in an area where there isnt much people using starlink so we are nor at full capacity yet and wont be at full capacity anytime soon sef but then again will it be easy to get back. Has anybody done this before?

I would advice not to because e get as their matter be. However, if your area isn't at capacity... It helps.
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Stanley08(m): 11:59am On Aug 20, 2023
Cobwebs don full here
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by ibawon(m): 5:18pm On Aug 20, 2023
Stanley08:
Cobwebs don full here
Brozay everywhere dry ooo
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by georgee(m): 7:33am On Aug 21, 2023
ibawon:

Brozay everywhere dry ooo
Has anyone been receiving account statement and debits to their cards for Starlink monthly subscription?

I have not been receiving nor been debited
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by ibawon(m): 9:19am On Aug 21, 2023
georgee:

Has anyone been receiving account statement and debits to their cards for Starlink monthly subscription?

Cancelled some weeks ago.
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by georgee(m): 9:50am On Aug 21, 2023
ibawon:

Cancelled some weeks ago.

Why now?
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by ibawon(m): 11:56am On Aug 21, 2023
georgee:

Why now?
I no dey house
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Oladokehinde(m): 5:49pm On Aug 21, 2023
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by oluwapoju(m): 3:47am On Aug 23, 2023
georgee:

I tot am the only one. It's up to 2 months now
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by georgee(m): 7:27am On Aug 23, 2023
oluwapoju:

I tot am the only one. It's up to 2 months now

Na wahala be that ooo... Cos e go enta body when Starlink hits us at once with all those accumulated outstandings undecided
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by oluwapoju(m): 7:28am On Aug 23, 2023
georgee:

Na wahala be that ooo... Cos e go enta body when Starlink hits us at once with all those accumulated outstandings undecided
Olohun seh
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by gogeekish(m): 9:08am On Aug 23, 2023
georgee:

Although it will be hard to do. But try this.

Open an account (Opay or Kuda). Start keeping the money there. Also, you can request for their card to automate the bill payment for starlink.

Try apply some decipline. Don't touch the money.

Let that account be for starlink ONLY
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by georgee(m): 9:22am On Aug 23, 2023
gogeekish:

Although it will be hard to do. But try this.

Open an account (Opay or Kuda). Start keeping the money there. Also, you can request for their card to automate the bill payment for starlink.

Try apply some decipline. Don't touch the money.

Let that account be for starlink ONLY

It's not that my account or card has issues.. I remember getting a mail from starlink last month that they are currently having issues generating statement or so, that once resolved they will let me know.

I guess this is what has affected their billing and debiting of their monthly sub

Has anyone in house been debited steadily for monthly 32/38K sub.. Not new entrants ooo..

1 Like

Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by easyyoke: 6:38pm On Oct 05, 2023
seunpayne:

I’m not really sure what “all these” entails sha. It’s a two bedroom flat 2500sqf approx. I’ve got smart speakers littered all over (Amazon echo dots), smart lights and some nest sensors. I needed something that could broadcast across the entire space without the need for a mesh or extender. This Linksys did just that. I love the performance. I can stream games from my PS5 in the living room to my pc in my room lag free. The performance is dope. Oh yeah, I also got the Ethernet adapter. All this won’t happen without it.

Bro, I know this is an old thread. But I wanted to ask, how did you get your echo dots to work in Nigeria. I thought Amazon Alexa service is not supported here. Alexa app is not even available on my appstore and I think I want it over google nest hub
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Ayomipoe(m): 12:21pm On Oct 12, 2023
Buzz,
Which card do you use for your Starlink?
Stanley08:
Cobwebs don full here
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by toluxa1(m): 11:41am On Feb 24
Starlink has finally updated their exchange rate. Hardware is now N800,000
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by georgee(m): 12:00pm On Feb 24
toluxa1:
Are u serious.. Let me go check their website
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by georgee(m): 3:38pm On Feb 24
toluxa1:
U ar right
Starlink is now 800K

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone / Tecno P3: Is It Better Than Other Low End Smartphones? / Ending Mtn's Impunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.