Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,678 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" (12231 Views)

FFK Calls APC 'Association Of Pedophiles And Coprophiliacs' / Okorocha Calls APC ‘a Very Weak’ Party - Read More / Dino Melaye Calls APC Convention A Joke In New Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by Newton2024: 12:09am On Jul 28, 2022
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Kaduna State chapter, has expressed dismay over the alleged desperation of the All Progressive Congress (APC) presidential candidates in getting the support of people in the name of Christian(s) as the 2023 general elections draw near.

Responding to some journalists on Wednesday, the state Chairman of CAN, Rev. John Joseph Hayab, said the recent publication of an alleged group of Christians named, “Progressive Christian Clerics, North-West Zone” has shown how the APC presidential candidates are so desperate in getting the support of Christians in the country not minding the genuineness of the person, group or organisation.

It will be recalled that some person’s under the auspices of Progressive Christian Clerics, North-West Zone said they have thrown their weight behind the Muslim-Muslim ticket fielded by the All Progressives Congress (APC), Presidential flagbearer, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and encouraged Christian faithful to ensure brotherliness, hence their decision to support the Tinubu/Shettima ticket.

According to the group, its membership cut across 19 northern states including the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, saying that Nigerians should be more concerned about electing leaders with the capacity to tackle the daring security challenges and economic problems militating against the country’s progress rather than issues of religious and ethnic sentiments in a statement issued by its zonal chairman, Reverend Moses Bitrus of Arise and Shine Prophetic Ministry Kaduna.

But Rev. Hayab said, “I have all my life lived in Kaduna and as a Minister of the gospel, I have been opportuned to interact and know most of the Pastors in Kaduna. To the best of my ability, I don’t know the name of the zonal chairman nor the existence of a group like that.”

He added, ”If the Christians were important, I strongly believe they would have been consulted and carried along in the struggle of the presidency by the APC in nominating the running mate to its presidential candidate. Using names, groups organisations that are alleged to be Christians will not change the reality of what CAN is talking about.”

He explained that the Christians in the country know the difference between their genuine leaders from opportunists parading themselves as Christian groups, saying that genuine Christian leaders would continue to speak out against divisive actions in the polity of the nation so that generations yet unborn will have a peaceful and united country.

According to Rev. Hayab, CAN would continue to preach peace, love and unity among its followers, believing that that is the only way they could live in peace without any form of suspicion but togetherness among Nigerians.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/07/27/apc-desperation-continues-can-berates-alleged-christian-group/?amp=1

113 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by another1: 4:19am On Jul 28, 2022
On a serious note, why this desperation Tinubu.
Why can he Tinubu leave Northern Christians he claimed to be insignificant as far as Northern politics is concerned alone na.

112 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by Ilola(f): 4:22am On Jul 28, 2022
He is undoing himself, time shall tell

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by inoki247: 5:41am On Jul 28, 2022
This CAN wahala too much make dem create a Political party jarey and allow us rest...

Wetin suppose favor dem dey are making noise abt it....

Dey should use all this dere energy to campaign for Party with balance Ticket...

19 Likes 7 Shares

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by hollywater: 5:42am On Jul 28, 2022
2023 will be the end of APC. God bless Peter Obi.

115 Likes 9 Shares

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by Tecnophone: 5:43am On Jul 28, 2022
e be things
Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by ValarDoharis: 5:43am On Jul 28, 2022
In as much as I want Obi to win, I'm just afraid if Bubu has not damaged the country beyond redemption.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by Xcellente10(m): 5:44am On Jul 28, 2022
Greedy people everywhere.
Hmm. Wetin money go cause enh!

1 Like

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by Kentuforchrist(m): 5:44am On Jul 28, 2022
Tinubu shootin himself in the leg
People who think tinubu will win the election are just fooling themselves lol

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by Ruggedniggaone: 5:45am On Jul 28, 2022
Apc don market from CAN

5 Likes

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by femicyrus(m): 5:45am On Jul 28, 2022
CAN had a VP in this failed government but never called him out when Christians are been killed/marginalised.
What is the guarantee that fielding another mix religion leaders in government will change anything?

If religion of a candidate is so important in solving our problems, why can't CAN form a political party that will make their member leaders in the country.
We have christian candidates in other parties too, why won't CAN queue behind such candidate in peace.
If I being a Christian can see beyond religion, how much more CAN.

I've not read in the Bible where Christ was so vocal about who should be fielded as political leaders

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by Proudlycanadian: 5:45am On Jul 28, 2022
No matter what the country throws at you, no matter the challenges you face, you will overcome and it shall all end in praise

6 Likes

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by Nobody: 5:46am On Jul 28, 2022
Those fanning the flames of religious line are damn brilliant!

I don’t know them, but they doing great a job!

1 Like

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by orohbiro(f): 5:46am On Jul 28, 2022
For those matured people that don't watch BBN

Please take care of the country for us , fight for Nigeria, be patrotic citizens

We will be back after three months to join you in the fight

4 Likes

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by Krublog(m): 5:47am On Jul 28, 2022
Interesting times ahead!!!

1 Like

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by help9: 5:47am On Jul 28, 2022
Famzing
Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by Racoon(m): 5:47am On Jul 28, 2022
Tinubu symbolises anything evil.

10 Likes

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by rocknation62(m): 5:48am On Jul 28, 2022
Nigerian CAN president grin

God forbid BAT thing

10 Likes

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by Brendaniel: 5:50am On Jul 28, 2022
Why is Tinubu too desperate for power?

8 Likes

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by shagasha: 5:50am On Jul 28, 2022
But sincerely CAN is fussing much over this issue. They should let the man be not releasing statement upon statements.
The Church is not political because we have been instructed to obey our leaders.
The Church members should go get their PVCs and vote whomsoever they support.
I'm kinda not very cool with releasing statement upon statements about one's choice of vice as of they are scared that he will surely win

TALK LESS BUT ACT MORE

GO GET YOUR PVC!!!

11 Likes

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by Hayjay1710: 5:50am On Jul 28, 2022
Party of deceit and liers, they continue following themselves around..

3 Likes

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by OKOATA(m): 5:52am On Jul 28, 2022
grin
CAN make you people go and rest, you should do the needful when election comes, mobilize all christians to vote against APC. Shikena.

6 Likes

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by muykem: 5:52am On Jul 28, 2022
What's difficult for people to understand that politics is career to some people just like a Pastor? My Pastor one day in the church said vote to defend your faith and almost mention Peter Obi so I laughed. The deacon in his front is state PDP secretary and next to him is APC senatorial candidate. You want them to vote against their party and end their own political career. Most of this pastors and Bishop are fasting and pray for APC success because there is their own victory.

112 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by P1PrinceKT(m): 5:53am On Jul 28, 2022
When will you let this matter die and move on ?

He said he can win without your votes !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by Coolsperm: 5:54am On Jul 28, 2022
We Yoruba Christian's will never vote Tinubu , he have insulted us and let us down, Tinubu supported muric when the teror group told Yoruba Muslims not to vote Yoruba Christian's

3 Likes

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by Ojuntana: 6:00am On Jul 28, 2022
I really hope APC get burned in the religious crisis they're stoking.
It's now obvious that those who birthed the APC are jihadists in mind and character

2 Likes

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by jchioma: 6:01am On Jul 28, 2022
Apcheat govt on pro max deception. This time, only fools will be fooled.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by Mercury12(m): 6:05am On Jul 28, 2022
Desperate is the right word.

3 Likes

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by OritaIbadan: 6:07am On Jul 28, 2022
CAN should rest abeg, leave Tinubu alone, he has made his choice. Now left for you to make yours, Tinubu is not the only presidential candidate but if Nigerians wants him, so be it. As for me, my family and church members, we remain Obi-dient

1 Like

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by lexy2014: 6:07am On Jul 28, 2022
inoki247:
This CAN wahala too much make dem create a Political party jarey and allow us rest...

Wetin suppose favor dem dey are making noise abt it....

Can you negate anything CAN said?

What is it that will favour them?

Do you think CAN is like you that can sell your conscience for crumbs falling from tinubus table?

4 Likes

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by Mercury12(m): 6:07am On Jul 28, 2022
Ojuntana:
I really hope APC get burned in the religious crisis they're stoking.
It's now obvious that those who birthed the APC are jihadists in mind and character

They use that strategy to get to power. But this time around. They getting burn.

1 Like

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by lexy2014: 6:09am On Jul 28, 2022
shagasha:
But sincerely CAN is fussing much over this issue. They should let the man be not releasing statement upon statements.
The Church is not political because we have been instructed to obey our leaders.
The Church members should go get their PVCs and vote whomsoever they support.
I'm kinda not very cool with releasing statement upon statements about one's choice of vice as of they are scared that he will surely win

TALK LESS BUT ACT MORE

GO GET YOUR PVC!

Can you negate anything that CAN said or maybe you read the headline but didn't read the story

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim / Appeal Court: Faulty Card Reader Can’t Invalidate An Election / Aggrieved APC Candidates Criticize Amaechi Over Bycott Of Rivers Council Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.