Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg (53238 Views)

Businesses Post Huge Losses Despite Cost-saving Measures / Insecurity: United, Banditry-Free Nigeria Possible – Tinubu Tells Youths / Nigerians React To News Of Atiku Having Meetings In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by sunboy(m): 10:47pm On Feb 27, 2023
Mko123:
I'm a southerner schooling in a northern university.
All what I care for is the presidential seat going to south, whether Obi or Tinubu. We should just accept any result from INEC provided a southerner secure the position.

Let's forget about our bashing, Ill mannered approach and self aggrandizement towards each other and focus on the strategy the incoming president will put in place which will inturn benefit her citizenry.

God's speed

Exactly how I feel. but nzobu nzobu politics won’t be happy with this unfortunately.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by cyberpelumy(m): 10:48pm On Feb 27, 2023
Veezy4u:
are you okay? Does this makes sense to you?
okay Mr angry bird
Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by porthouse7(f): 10:52pm On Feb 27, 2023
Ceenachi:
All south west states have been declared ooo.
Only one south east state has been declared which is Enugu.
5 Yoruba states is giving Tinubu this figure.
Only Enugu and Lagos is giving Obi this wonderful figure.
So don't let this deceive you...
Obi is coming.
u are far behind, people are getting results from states u waiting for inec

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by jaxxy(m): 11:03pm On Feb 27, 2023
fake news
Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by olamike02: 11:12pm On Feb 27, 2023
Follow who know road Sßhiwsju knows the road.
Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by Heavensent01(m): 11:12pm On Feb 27, 2023
dyera:
When I first told my mom that Tinubu is contesting for president, I remember how happy she was, according to her, she likes how Lagos state turned out, and would like the entire country to become like it.

Alas, that is but wishful thinking, Nigeria is not Lagos state, and Tinubu is not the same as he was 20 years ago. The excess revenue, zero debt and other favorable conditions Tinubu met in Lagos state is not present in Nigeria today.

Tinubu worked with brilliant minds to gave Lagos what your mom saw, he still works with brilliant mind

Presidency is not Olympic, special advisers and ministers are there for a purpose. if Buhari listen to advise he would have succeed but he surrounded himself with olodo like him

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by Karlifate: 11:12pm On Feb 27, 2023
IgOga:
Nigerians fighting against a chance for good governance. Congratulations Tinubu. I am sure Kwankwanso will be the first to congratulate you

Yes, followed by Atiku.
Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by OmegaAutos: 11:14pm On Feb 27, 2023
Mko123:
All what I care for is the presidential seat going to south, whether Obi or Tinubu. We should just accept any result from INEC provided a southerner secure the position.

Let's forget about our bashing, Ill mannered approach and self aggrandizement towards each other and focus on the strategy the incoming president will put in place which will inturn benefit her citizenry.

God's speed

You will not die young, God will bless and multiply you

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by Mummiesboy: 11:16pm On Feb 27, 2023
wabashe:
Sai Jagaba

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by Mummiesboy: 11:16pm On Feb 27, 2023
[quote author=Mummiesboy post=121323526][/quote]Soko
Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by emmyN(m): 12:06am On Feb 28, 2023
Mko123:

God's speed

Don't be unfortunate
Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by emilo2bad: 12:28am On Feb 28, 2023
Jagaban666:
Ballot box snatcher, drug baron, drug addict, criminal
Pandora slave spotted
Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by ycat: 12:40am On Feb 28, 2023
Game knows game!
The money market knows the real deal when they see it.

Tinubu, the best deal for Nigeria!
Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by ycat: 1:00am On Feb 28, 2023
So it can crash, right?

Not exactly!

The best time to buy is when others are panick-withdrawing. Markets fluctuate, as others rush to get their money, it goes down a bit and more people can buy, only for it to shoot past where it was. More people buy when there's blood in the streets, meaning when some people panic and it's low.
Theunbothered:
Signs of a pump and dump, inflate stock price, get many people to cash in, withdraw your money before inauguration.
Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by BreconHills(m): 1:07am On Feb 28, 2023
Theunbothered:
Signs of a pump and dump, inflate stock price, get many people to cash in, withdraw your money before inauguration.

Pump and dump sovereign bonds. What are you smoking? Those bonds are priced by institutional investors, no one to take advantage of chum. You would have better luck trying to bed a LovePeddler with an expired naira note than to cheat institutional investors.

There is also a coupon on those bonds and Nigeria has yet to default on a bond payment even in the darkest days of Abacha, there were payouts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by Nobody: 2:05am On Feb 28, 2023
Dapagun:

https://twitter.com/BloombergAfrica/status/1630269584572915713?t=Ivvv92msc76lKtuCtHkWUw&s=19

*Five of 10 top-performing emerging-market bonds are Nigerian
*Sovereign-risk premium narrows 104 basis points in three days

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-02-27/nigeria-bonds-rally-as-tinubu-leads-in-pivotal-election-tally
Una don enter one chance... this na bondage not bond in business.
Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by yom2(m): 2:43am On Feb 28, 2023
Mynd44:
This is interesting news. I wait to see how the Stock Exchange will react tomorrow
is there still a stock market in Nigeria or u mean the global stock market?
Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by erwinschro: 2:52am On Feb 28, 2023
"“Tinubu, who we perceive as being the least market-friendly of the three main candidates, is currently in the driver’s seat, but it is still early days and the positive reaction in Nigerian credit could indicate that markets think Obi stands a fighting chance,” said Patrick Curran, a senior economist at Tellimer Ltd. “There is likely to be a positive macro policy shift at the margin no matter who wins the election.”

Sensationalist headline and isn't the gotcha moment some jagabandits think it is
Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by Thomasankara(m): 5:24am On Feb 28, 2023
[/color]can u operate armored tank[color=#770077]
SenatePresdo:
Tinubu colluded with INEC to rape our Democracy in broad Daylight.

Nobody will go to court.

If INEC couldn't post results from the polling unit to the portal through BVAS like the electoral act says, then the election should be cancelled.

APC and INEC can't jump process of democracy, and now want people to follow process of democracy by going to the court.

If they Jump Democracy, we will jump Democracy twice.

Go to court my foot.

Men are cooking

Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by thegrinch(m): 5:44am On Feb 28, 2023
SenatePresdo:

Nobody will go to court.

If INEC couldn't post results from the polling unit to the portal through BVAS like the electoral act says, then the election should be cancelled.

APC and INEC can't jump process of democracy, and now want people to follow process of democracy by going to the court.

Go to court my foot.

Men are cooking

When they say you should go to school, you will go and be playing 9jabet... You obviously don't know the difference between The Electoral act and Inec's Electoral Guidelines.

The Electoral act does not recognize BVAS... as long as results are transmitted (Manually or BVAS-ly) they remain valid.

Having seen The Endsars movement's strength and weaknesses, they knew you would be passionate, but lack sense to pay attention to details, and this is the result.

As much as I do not subscribe to Non-credible and non-transparent elections, but INEC has done nothing wrong, they know it and they know there's nothing anybody can do about it.

And before you go and misbehave on the streets, be reminded that the Extra Military Men dispatched to Lagos was for such a time as this. Don't go and die like a fowl.
Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by Theunbothered: 6:51am On Feb 28, 2023
ycat:
So it can crash, right?

Not exactly!

The best time to buy is when others are panick-withdrawing. Markets fluctuate, as others rush to get their money, it goes down a bit and more people can buy, only for it to shoot past where it was. More people buy when there's blood in the streets, meaning when some people panic and it's low.

Another person who can't read

Some of the gains may also be driven by bargain hunters after Nigeria’s bonds tumbled in the run-up to the elections, he said.
Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by Kelvin3476: 7:42am On Feb 28, 2023
The funny thing about election is that u can't rig election while also having good intension for the people. thats not possible.

everybody most especially we christians.

lets continue
Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by Kelvin3476: 7:56am On Feb 28, 2023
porthouse7:
u are far behind, people are getting results from states u waiting for inec
U lots that are happy for rigged results should also be ready for 100% for bad governance .

no be to the shout upon evil party rigged election
Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by porthouse7(f): 9:08am On Feb 28, 2023
Kelvin3476:
U lots that are happy for rigged results should also be ready for 100% for bad governance .

no be to the shout upon evil party rigged election
hustle differently bro, we have work beyond country economy
Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by Kelvin3476: 10:50am On Feb 28, 2023
porthouse7:
hustle differently bro, we have work beyond country economy
if u are doing ok by 50% then have it in mind that you should have been doing better at 100+% if nt for bad governance.
Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by porthouse7(f): 1:05pm On Feb 28, 2023
Kelvin3476:

if u are doing ok by 50% then have it in mind that you should have been doing better at 100+% if nt for bad governance.
my earningsbis not based on govt policies or inadequacy
Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by MeeLan: 2:43pm On Feb 28, 2023
Cos they believe his economic growth ability
Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by blabulu2000: 2:45pm On Feb 28, 2023
SenatePresdo:

Nobody will go to court.

Go to court my foot.

Men are cooking

This is victory for democarcy

Tinubu will dedicate the victory to all the Nyamiri and poto poto region...who took time.to show their hatred and bitterness against and the entire Yoruba race ...
Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by SenatePresdo(m): 4:06pm On Feb 28, 2023
blabulu2000:

This is victory for democarcy

Tinubu will dedicate the victory to all the Nyamiri and poto poto region...who took time.to show their hatred and bitterness against and the entire Yoruba race ...

I told you that I'm Nyamiri??

You guys will soon be the next Nyamiri with the level of hate you people are pilling up against Nigerians that are not Yoruba.

Bunch of tribalistic imbeciles.
Re: Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg by calabardick(m): 5:31pm On Feb 28, 2023
Zeddyzed:
Everybody knows that one thing Tinubu knows is economic development. The nation will definitely be on the right path to economic growth in the next few years

I support Atiku, but instead that desperate biafran traitor let Tinubu win.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion / Survivors Of Yelwa-Zangam, Jos Attack Recount Their Ordeals / #Endsars Protester Kamsi Ibeh Stabbed Like A Thief ‘for Appearing Before Panel’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.