Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,277 members, 7,826,079 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered (17191 Views)

INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence / Election 2019: U.S Observers Express Disappointment Over Conduct of Polls / Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by Dreamsex4oru: 8:18am On Feb 28, 2023
stuffs2002:

Yes. That there was protests doesn't mean it wasn't fair.

Besides, why are you not protesting the rape of democracy in South East

This is the only picture you've been showing! Stop playing the victim game! It even look doctored.

So they will just be protest when it is free and fair! Dey play bro.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by excanny: 8:18am On Feb 28, 2023
I hope Tinubu will not be the first Nigerian president to be removed by the court.

This election is a complete sham.
Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by stuffs2002: 8:20am On Feb 28, 2023
Dreamsex4oru:

This is the only picture you've been showing! Stop playing the victim game! It even look doctored. Dey play bro

I always avoid an average SE because of their fraudulent and hypocrisy.

The result is doctored because it exposed 5he criminality in South East
Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by Johncuppa(m): 8:20am On Feb 28, 2023
Padipadi:
The truth is the election went well. APC got votes in states with highest no of active voters.
All these cry of LP is unnecessary cos they didn't do their assignments well.
Nigerians may detest APC under Buhari but believed in Tinubu.
You don't throw away a performer.
Those threatening violence ll regret it cos the violence ll consume them. I advise that they gather all evidences of electoral malpractices they have & go to court as early as possible.
With this, some ll still quote me & say rubbish cos reality no dey quick understand them.
No be everything be gburugburu. No be everything be we no go gree.
Table your aggressions in a civil manner. Those saying Nigeria ll burn ll only hurt themselves and their loved ones. It's not a threat.
Nothing happens to the election, it went smooth and well but when the heavenly has determined that he will not rule, forces will just work against him anyhow.
1993 loading.
Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by leisuretym: 8:21am On Feb 28, 2023
Take it! Snatch it! Fight for it!
Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by kingamaa(m): 8:22am On Feb 28, 2023
NutritionGuru:
I voted Obi too but with what I have now learned here, I thank God that Tinubu won. I will even buy drinks for my friend this morning to celebrate Tinubu's Victory. The truth is that this is the best Election in the History of Nigeria. Even America has what they Call Electoral Supreme College or Group that saves the Nation form Catastrophy. The truth is that no Outsider can understand the under Real Politics of a Nation like the wise and intelligent People in the Nation. The thread below really opened my eyes. https://www.nairaland.com/7586532/youths-asking-why-only-igbos

Thank you for this. It's a pity that a lot of people eyes just dey open. Their next agenda now na to cause violence and as usual targeting non Ibos

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by Dreamsex4oru: 8:23am On Feb 28, 2023
stuffs2002:

I always avoid an average SE because of their fraudulent and hypocrisy.

The result is doctored because it exposed 5he criminality in South East

Lol, that picture you showed is fake , the reason why u keep posting same pics but the evidence of Tinubu and his touts destroying election materials in lagos and massively rigging election in ekiti and other states is very clear for all to see.

Stop being this myopic. See the truth and say it for once
Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by onuman: 8:26am On Feb 28, 2023
Yorubalandlord:

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/02/27/2023-elections-observers-express-concern-over-violence-encountered/.

Any observer would wonder:
APC, PDP and NNPP each with a Muslim presidential candidate shared the votes in the 12 northern Sharia states that didn't give votes to a non Muslim politician; the three parties are expected to neutralise themselves therefore, and that should have the Labour Party led by a Christian to win the presidential election. It must be the, thuggery, violence and intimidation brought in by the ruling APC to the Christian areas down south that made the Muslim presidential candidate of APC also win votes in the Christian areas down south and middle belt.
Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by Rebuke: 8:27am On Feb 28, 2023
Shame on this country. I created a thread similar to this too. We seem not to know the impact this will have on our image as whole. Let some of yhu be there shining teeth.

https://www.nairaland.com/7589361/international-observers-say-2023-elections#121325487
Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by absolutt: 8:29am On Feb 28, 2023
To think that Nigeria is where it is today as a result of bad leadership is a well known story. The past decades have witnessed one bad leadership to another. It keeps getting worse. But to witness in this age and time the youth orchestrating electoral violence for same bad leaders who have plunged them into unemployment and a subpar standard of living only tells you where this country is heading - an uncertain future. Those young people who were used to mar the elections will get their comeuppance. I still believe in the Nigerian dream, but those bad young ones amongst us... I fear for them.
Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by Gfash22(m): 8:33am On Feb 28, 2023
Fool. Tinubu would be the best president.

Tit4Tat1:
With Tinubu as president, Nigeria will have the world most useless president ever both past and present.
Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by Padipadi(m): 8:33am On Feb 28, 2023
Johncuppa:

Nothing happens to the election, it went smooth and well but when the heavenly has determined that he will not rule, forces will just work against him anyhow.
1993 loading.
Let 1993 load. That same heaven ll make him rule.
Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by Padipadi(m): 8:34am On Feb 28, 2023
Dreamsex4oru:

I am not supporting anyone causing trouble or violence, but it's so clear the election was rigged! The court is the last resort
They should hurry to Court
Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by Bigkoko: 8:36am On Feb 28, 2023
Remember Laurent Gbagbo of Ivory Coast..... That was how he was forming galadima until he was smoked out like a little squirrel off to the Hague!

When the destruction is about to come, even the educated would appear insane, until it consumes them all!
Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by headboyprince(m): 8:48am On Feb 28, 2023
Jnrprince1:

You are one of our problem in this country, You can now predict the future abi.
yes and dont come and cry in 2 years time about how bad the govt is.... Nigeria should be removed from the map of countries, and added to map of zoos angry
Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by headboyprince(m): 8:49am On Feb 28, 2023
Gfash22:

Fool. Tinubu would be the best president.

story for the gods... WORST PRESIDENT AFTER BUHARI LOADING... Save my post... because i will mention it in 2 years time.. grin
Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by Greggdekor007: 8:56am On Feb 28, 2023
Tit4Tat1:
With Tinubu as president, Nigeria will have the world most useless president ever both past and present.

Where is this one talking from? Just spewing words out of anger.

INEC have not even declared the winner, you people have started ranting. In a Democracy, the majority decides, and you cannot sit in your village and guess who the majority will vote for. We said this before the election, being active online and thinking all online comments you have been reading are a true reflection of Nigeria will not help you. Nigeria is far more than your locality or circle of socialization.
Irrespective of who wins, we should be wishing Nigeria well as a patriotic citizen, instead of being a party bigot wishing Nigeria bad all because your candidate did not win.
Nigeria will be great and whoever wins will be better than those before
Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by AndrewTate(m): 8:58am On Feb 28, 2023
Padipadi:
The truth is the election went well. APC got votes in states with highest no of active voters.
Those threatening violence ll regret it cos the violence ll consume them. I advise that they gather all evidences of electoral malpractices they have & go to court as early as possible.
With this, some ll still quote me & say rubbish cos reality no dey quick understand them.
Table your aggressions in a civil manner. Those saying Nigeria ll burn ll only hurt themselves and their loved ones. It's not a threat.
and you started with “the truth is that” 🤡
Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by broadman20: 9:02am On Feb 28, 2023
Padipadi:

Labour party?

When did European Union became Labour party?

May God deliver many of you from this madness that will destroy you people very soon.
Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by Jnrprince1(m): 9:12am On Feb 28, 2023
headboyprince:
yes and dont come and cry in 2 years time about how bad the govt is.... Nigeria should be removed from the map of countries, and added to map of zoos angry
Ipob miscreant
Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by handsomeyinka(m): 9:21am On Feb 28, 2023
Tit4Tat1:

Na lie...is the best candidate to do the job..

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by Greatblackpimp(m): 9:23am On Feb 28, 2023
Godjone:
But one useless oluwole ECOWAS said the election was generally peaceful. From today, Nigerians should begin to see the ECOWAS as the enemy of Nigeria

Relax. That was fake news from facebook
Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by VOR2019: 9:27am On Feb 28, 2023
grin This a well known tactic that has been used before by ABN (find out the meaning by yourself). The only thing is that it can never work now. You should realise that once a bird has seen a stone thrown at it, that stone can never kill the bird. Your tactic is dead on arrival! In the good book, in Nahum1:7 it is written that affliction SHALL not arise a second time. Nigeria will never be unfortunate again! Therefore, your suggestion id dead on arrival, stillbirth!
socialmediaman:

Section 285 of the Nigerian constitution, and Section 130 of the Electoral Act stipulate that Election Petition Tribunal shall be constituted 30 days before the conduct of the general election, and shall be open for business 7 days before the election

Ladies and gentlemen, the court of appeal was already open for business 7 days before the presidential election as investigated by PremiumTimes and Labour Party and Peter Obi can challenge the conduct of the election that was just "rigged" in favor of some candidates

Here is what the beginning of Section 130 states:

(1) No election and return at an election under this Act shall be questioned in any manner other than by a petition complaining of an undue election or undue return (in this Act referred to as an “election petition”) presented to the competent tribunal or court in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution or of this Act, and in which the person elected or returned is joined as a party.

This means IMO that the election process itself as well as the winner of the election process can be challenged at the court

LP and Peter Obi should get an order from the court to stop further collation of the results pending the determination of the legitimacy of the election process, because evidence shows that the process is marred with high level fraud and therefore illegitimate
Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by MartinsD12(m): 9:42am On Feb 28, 2023
Yorubalandlord:

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/02/27/2023-elections-observers-express-concern-over-violence-encountered/.

What we even saw with our eyes, we don't even need any observer to tell us , many were beaten, including a pregnancy woman , can you imagine the abomination, I swear the wrath of God is coming to apc and bulabaa
Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by edungene7: 9:45am On Feb 28, 2023
Padipadi:
shatap you can win an election without adhering to the lay down laws the electoral law clearly stipulated that election results must be uploaded in realtime this is 2023 not 1923 you can't cow anybody into yr fucking believe we are not cowards will only want a justified reason to pick up those arms no man has two lives
Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by ola4sure2019: 9:47am On Feb 28, 2023
Violent is an integral part of election in this part of the world. Lack of education and morality is a key factor in fueling it. People who pop up violence have been groom for such purpose! May God help them from their destructive tendency AMEN.
Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by edungene7: 9:50am On Feb 28, 2023
I personally apologize to all IPOB members for always believing they were over reacting we are not cowards we only want a justified reason to pick up those arms boko haram might be a childs play when it will start Nigerians know the Igbo's we fought for 2 yrs and 7 months without aid and it ended no victor no vanquished if an igboman can't be president then allow them cede in peace
Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by Luckysbab: 9:59am On Feb 28, 2023
Tit4Tat1:

You're mad
Re: 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered by Luckysbab: 10:01am On Feb 28, 2023
Godjone:
But one useless oluwole ECOWAS said the election was generally peaceful. From today, Nigerians should begin to see the ECOWAS as the enemy of Nigeria

We will not see them as Nigeria's enemies. Na only una know why na only Nzogbu zogbu full una head.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures / Okota Residents Storm IKEDC Office Over Exorbitant Light Bill, Make Demand / Drama As Deputy Speaker, Kalu Threatens Solomon Bob With Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.